SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:18 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

The town gathers and discusses at length who should be held responsible for the deaths. The crowd gathers around mlaker/mathcam - lets take out the quiet one! Wait, wait, I can talk, honest I can, I've got strategies and theories and stuff! A scream rises from the crowd - "lets take out the other quiet one!" Other townsfolk join in, "yeah, quiet people are evil!" "You can never trust the quiet ones!"

And so Malaprop is dragged off to the gallows. His last words, "I didn't do it! I'm just an innkeeper!" Busting into his home sort of seems wrong, but hell, you already killed the guy, so how much worse is breaking and entering? Nothing seems unusual or out of place. It would appear that Malaprop was just an innkeeper.

Malaprop the innkeeper, townsperson, is hanged.

Please send night choices.
Deadline for night choices is Tuesday Febuary 1st, Midnight EST.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:37 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

The Humbleton townspeople awaken and gather in the town square. Not one but two citizens are missing this morn, and everyone fears the worst for mathcam and mole.

First, to mathcam's home. The front door has been broken in, and the townspeople are immediately startled with the sight of mathcam sprawled out on the floor in a pool of his own blood. He was shot in the back of the head.

A search around his home reveals a complete Dirty Harry DVD collection, a pistol under the pillow, and on the nightstand, dog-eared copies of "Vigilante Justice for Dummies" and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Taking the Law Into Your Own Hands". It would appear that mathcam was a vigilante.

As the group walks away from mathcam's place, another body is spotted. A man lies face down on the ground, just outside the back door. It looks like his expensive Italian suit did not protect him from a brutal stabbing. You flip him over and see the face of mole, the esteemed town deputy! He is wearing a Ricciardi family signet ring and he was clearly mafia scum!

mathcam the tailor, vigilante, has been shot.
mole the deputy, mafia scum, has been stabbed.

Day two has started. 8 players are alive, 5 votes needed for a lynch.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:56 am

Post by MeMe »

Well, I think this means that we have two killing groups, people. Since mathcam wouldn't have played the vigilante Night 1, he's not the stabber.

shot = scum
stab = SK

Which means that mafia was either blocked or their target was protected the Night 1.

Anyway, I've got good reason to
vote: Stewie
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:11 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

MeMe, please try to remember that you aren't allowed to vote yet. The vote will be disregarded. If it happens again I'll have to be a bit more drastic. :(
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:05 am

Post by MeMe »

Oh, crud. Thanks for the leniency

Alright - I'll rephrase that to say I have good reason to to vote Stewie, though I'll wait until after four others vote the scum in priest's clothing first.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:51 am

Post by Jaguar »

I thought that night one they both targeted the same person.
Opening post wrote:zedmango the Nurse, just a nurse, stabbed and shot on night 1.
MeMe, does this change your opinion of Stewie at all?

Yay for the SK getting a mafia scum :) although we are in dire straights here. 8 alive with possibly as much as three scum remaining in two separate killing groups

HairyMezican, any luck in finding scum? Don't reveal your innocent result though.
I need a new tagline...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:02 am

Post by MeMe »

Jaguar wrote:MeMe, does this change your opinion of Stewie at all?
No - my earlier post was pointing out that the stabbing and shooting are definitely separate groups...and that mathcam wasn't one of them. Less-experienced players may strike as a vigilante night 1, but mathcam wouldn't.

And let me be crystal clear: I'm claiming to be a cop with a guilty result on Stewie. My frustration yesterday should have made it obvious that I was hinting at having a hidden pro-town role...and mathcam's death puts to bed any doubt that they exist.

As you said, Jaguar, we are in a possibly bad situation here with two potential night deaths and 8 people left. We've still got at least one doctor, so I'm safe tonight to get another result if viking agrees to protect me. There was absolutely no reason for me to sit on a guilty result (though I wouldn't have come forward with innocents only).

Stewie is evil. Vote him if you're town.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:46 am

Post by vikingfan »

Hang on. It's common knowledge that the longer a day goes(at least on mafiascum) the better for the town. While I don't want to make MeMe reveal more than she has to, I don't want to have a quick day. For one thing, is MeMe insane? Paranoid? Or just a normal cop? The reason why I ask is because logically if we lynch Stewie, he's found innocent, and then we lynch MeMe, and all the while the scum is laughing because we're following a cop of unknown sanity. I don't want to take that risk until we learn more about MeMe's sanity. Sure, it's likely that she's sane, but we don't know for sure yet. MeMe, night 1, did you investigate anybody that's dead, so we can try(at least as much as we can) to verify your sanity?

Mind you, I probably will vote for Stewie, but I want to find out more information. Such as: what does Stewie have to say? Any role claim? And so on.
Which means that mafia was either blocked or their target was protected the Night 1.
Should I reveal who I protected Night 1(or rather who Dourgrim protected) or not? I'm thinking no, but it might pay off later.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:50 am

Post by vikingfan »

Oh, and as an addition to that quote, it should be noted that zedmango was both stabbed and shot, which means both killing groups went after zedmango. So I don't see that the mafia was blocked, which means who I protected night 1 is worthless.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:29 am

Post by MeMe »

My role PM assured me that my cop sanity is unquestionable. Read over mole's open role and you'll have a good idea of what my hidden role description is.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:41 am

Post by vikingfan »

That sounds OK. I'll wait for Stewie to speak up before I place a vote on.
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:52 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

Right, deserves a vote.

Vote: Stewie
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Good that we've lynched scum. Obviously we need some discussion on the validity of MeMe's claim and of her sanity but I think the choice for today is fairly obvious.

vote: stewie
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:48 pm

Post by Stewie »

I don't buy it. Why would you investigate me of all people? Wouldn't you want to investigate the doctor instead, in this situation? And 2 sane cops sounds a bit too strong for me (well, actually, way too strong). Even with this setup where scum have a lot of information, it would completly screw them over. Wouldn't you think so too, and investigate HM and vikingfan nights one and two (in any order, and specially given the fact that we almost lynched vikingfan yesterday, and although I didn't aprove, she wasn't precisely more innocent looking than myself).

I don't know why meme would do this -- but she can't possibly be telling the truth.
vote: meme

By the way, I already claimed to not have any extra powers (that I know of), so it's kinda poinless to push for a claim I'd understand (although not aprove) if you lynch me because I'm more useless than a townie, but I would not understand if you lying me because a claimed cop (a second one which is not confirmed) tells you to.

That's all I have to say for now. Any real accusations?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:04 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Well, Stewie, it's safe to say that when(I think it's safe to use that word in this case) we lynch you today, if we find out that you're innocent, it's pretty likely MeMe will be on the chopping block tomorrow, and rightfully so. A townie wouldn't pull the stunt so either way, we're going to likely nail at least one mafia.

I do, however, want to hold off on lynching Stewie until we hear from HM. If he pulled up a guilty result too AND both cops are on the side of the town and sane, then we have two lynches the next two days of likely scum.

BTW, Stewie, we don't know the game mechanics. It's very possible that we have a godfather or two in this game as well to partially nullify the two sane cops(assuming we have two sane cops).
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:05 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Oops, meant to put a vote on.

Vote Stewie
That's two away from a lynch-should be enough time for HM to chip in here.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:25 pm

Post by Stewie »

I'm ONE away from a lynch.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:28 pm

Post by vikingfan »

No, MeMe's vote didn't count, since she's an Actress. Unless you're assuming that she'll vote you as soon as someone else votes...
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:49 pm

Post by Stewie »

Nah -- I assumed it was 4 to lynch instead of 5... but yeah, she'll probably vote for me as soon as she gets a chance to.
Xanthe
Xanthe
Goon
Xanthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:48 am

Post by Xanthe »

MeMe wrote:No - my earlier post was pointing out that the stabbing and shooting are definitely separate groups...and that mathcam wasn't one of them. Less-experienced players may strike as a vigilante night 1, but mathcam wouldn't.
mathcam wasn't playing Night 1; he replaced mlaker during Day 1. But I agree with the conclusion anyway: two killing groups, 1 stabbing and 1 shooting.
vikingfan wrote:BTW, Stewie, we don't know the game mechanics. It's very possible that we have a godfather or two in this game as well to partially nullify the two sane cops(assuming we have two sane cops).
No. The mod said:
Both the sheriff and the deputy are guaranteed to be sane and there are no roles that are immune to their investigations.
MeMe has indicated that mole's role description is similar to her hidden role description. So I think it very unlikely that there could be roles immune to investigation by her either.
vikingfan wrote:Hang on. It's common knowledge that the longer a day goes(at least on mafiascum) the better for the town. While I don't want to make MeMe reveal more than she has to, I don't want to have a quick day.
vikingfan wrote:I do, however, want to hold off on lynching Stewie until we hear from HM. If he pulled up a guilty result too AND both cops are on the side of the town and sane, then we have two lynches the next two days of likely scum.
Then
why are you voting
? You voted for Stewie immediately after the post containing the second quote, saying you had actually intended to vote for him in the same post. If you're genuinely so concerned about Stewie being lynched before we hear from HM, and genuinely don't want a quick day, why did you feel it necessary to put a third vote on him at this point?

I was suspicious of vikingfan yesterday and am even more so now. And a FOS to lazarusmoth and Cubs for their votes as well. Cubs was a major lurker yesterday and leaps in with a quick vote today; lazarus, despite saying:
lazarusmoth wrote:Obviously we need some discussion on the validity of MeMe's claim and of her sanity
takes the one action that could move the day towards a quick lynch without that discussion happening, i.e. a vote on Stewie.

We definitely need to hear from HairyMezican.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:56 am

Post by vikingfan »

Um, it's still TWO away, not one. Unless you think MeMe's so bloodthirsty as to immediately vote without hearing from HM. Stewie's not in immediate danger-yet. If we get to four and there is no word from HM yet, I'll unvote then.

Thanks for mentioning about the roles immune to investigation. I had missed that. In that case, having two sane cops is a little strong, even with all the information the mafia/SK have.

I do agree wtih Xanthe on cubs though. He just jumps in for votes lately, not actual discussion. It happened today and it happened when we lynched Malaprop yesterday. I definitely want more discussion from Cubs.

Calling HairyMezican...
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:05 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

Cubs has been bad about getting on mafiascum as a whole. I also find it strange how you find somebody casting a FIRST VOTE when somebody claims to have a guilty on somebody else suspicious.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:58 pm

Post by Jaguar »

MeMe, I thought it was something like that, but I did want to point out that both parties targeted the nurse on night 1.

As for a vote, I won't place it yet, as I do want to hear from HM.
Mod
can we get a prod on him?
I need a new tagline...
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:33 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

xanthe wrote:
Quote:
Both the sheriff and the deputy are guaranteed to be sane and there are no roles that are immune to their investigations.

MeMe has indicated that mole's role description is similar to her hidden role description. So I think it very unlikely that there could be roles immune to investigation by her either.
I'm confused, xanthe. You're saying I'm suspicious because I voted for stewie yet at the same breath, support meme's claim?
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:30 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Vote Count:

3 Stewie (Cubfan4ever, lazarusmoth, vikingfan)
1 MeMe (Stewie)

4 Not Voting (HairyMezican, Jaguar, MeMe, Xanthe)

5 to lynch

I'll prod HairyMezican.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”