elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Claus, I'd like a scum list too but I'm not going to beg for it and I'm not going to wait 12 days for it. I also think there's no reason why BAB shouldn't be kept close to a lynch in meantime. A vanilla claim from a scummy person should cement their lynch, honestly. I mean, if you're not lynching a vanilla, who would you go through with the lynch on? Keep the claimed vanilla, kill the claimed doc? Because we think scum would fake a power role? That is backwards thinking.

This should be our thinking:
1)BAB is scummy
2)BAB claimed vanilla
3)BAB is either vanilla or scum.
4)If we lynch BAB, we either lynch scum or vanilla, therefore little damage to town, or huge advantage. As a bonus, no power roles have to claim today.

ALSO, we can assume that players wanting to stop the BAB lynch on the strength of a vanilla claim are scum. They're either helping their scum buddy (if BAB is scum) or they would rather keep the day going to find a power role to lynch or claim (if BAB is town). Players who want to stop the BAB lynch for another reason is not a sure thing -- but if you unvote BAB on the strength of a vanilla claim... you are scum. Ahem, KMD.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I agree that a townie claim is a pretty awful reason to unvote, but it's not a surefire scumtell. Sometimes someone just changes their mind, with the claim as a trigger. Reason to be suspicious, definitely.

And yes, lynching a "vanilla or scum" is a pretty good outcome. Scum would be nicer obviously.

BAB's attempt to stall the game for a couple weeks stinks.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

BridgesAndBaloons: 9 (charter, ekiM, elvis_knits, inHimshallibe, roflcopter, SerialClergyman, Thesp, Xylthixlm, Yosarian2)
elvis_knits: 3 (BridgesAndBaloons, Kmd4390, zu_Faul)
ekiM: 2 (populartajo, VP Baltar)
Claus: 1 (alexhans)
iamausername: 1 (Herodotus)
roflcopter: 1 (iamausername)
Yosarian2: 1 (Claus)

Not Voting: 2 (Ojanen, Shabba)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:40 am

Post by iamausername »

charter wrote:rofl is one of the people pushing hardest against BAB, so how can you think the BAB wagon is deserved and want a claim from him AND vote for rofl?
I think they're both independantly scummy. They are very unlikely to be scum together, but one of them probably is scum, and I don't know which. And since BaB was at I think L-2 when I made that post, I didn't want to vote him in order to prevent an accidental (or 'accidental') lynch before a claim, so I gave my vote to my other main suspect instead.
roflcopter wrote:
iamausername wrote:I'm much more suspicious of rofl buying the supposed slip as a slip, because I'm pretty sure he pulls that opening gambit all the time.
uh, what? what the hell gambit are you talking about?
The gambit of acting surer than you actually are about things in the early stages of the game.
KMD wrote:Iam, why Rofl?
Because I don't believe that he genuinely believes that your supposed 'slip' was actually a slip.
BridgesandBaloons wrote:Then I left EkIm w/o a * or crossed out because he is VLA recently, but he is sort of a lurker
Why are you making allowances for ekiM's V/LA, but not mine?
Yosarian2 wrote:There is absolutly no reason town should stall the game for weeks just because it's not the deadline yet.
God, yes.

Unvote, Vote: BridgesandBaloons
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh the joys of the waiting game.....

EK wrote: A vanilla claim from a scummy person should cement their lynch, honestly. I mean, if you're not lynching a vanilla, who would you go through with the lynch on? Keep the claimed vanilla, kill the claimed doc? Because we think scum would fake a power role?
Even though these are somewhat snarky questions, I'd like KMD to answer them.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, if iamausername is not scum I'll eat my hat (see photo).
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

VP Baltar wrote:Also, if iamausername is not scum I'll eat my hat (see photo).
Who else is scummy?

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Claus »

We don't need to stall the game (and I absolutely disagree with the 12 day thing), but we can surely wait until his next post to see if he will keep trying to stall us or not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:59 am

Post by iamausername »

Looks delicious, enjoy it.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Thesp »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Who else is scummy?
This is a good question.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Ojanen »

I'm baaaaack, and I read the game again.
This time through trying on the glasses of assuming Kmd to be sarcastic from the go.
Shabba wrote:
Ojanen wrote:Strongest opinion so far: the elvis wagon is bad.
Rate the strength of your opinion from 1-10...one being weak and 10 being certain....
Giving a number feels inaccurate in silly way. I had many of the same thoughts that elvis was expressing. I could relate to her posts, I was feeling her. But 'twas early day 1. Some of her defence felt mildly genuine. Mafia is a hard game though, I don't have great confidence in anything yet. If I have to give a number, I'll say 5 or 6.
After assuming sarcasm, I'm more on the fence about the opposition.
Herodotus wrote:
Ojanen wrote:
148 Kmd wrote:Why doesn't it sound like an assumption? Would scum really say "yeah, I know the number of scum. It's right here in my Role PM." Nah. (Yes, I'm using WIFOM and to defend myself no less. Deal with it.)
Cause it just doesn't. Dunno about scumslip, but it's just not formatted like an assumption.
What does this mean?
He gave 4 names; he said "4 scum and a traitor" or something similar; a simple answer, one from which I failed to see the obvious sarcasm from while reading; one that wasn't formulated like an assumption.
Thesp wrote:
Ojanen wrote: I'm not thinking Kmd's slip was a probable legitimate slip after reading all the stuff but FoS: Kmd for the reaction.
Which reaction?
I think I was mainly thinking about this thing that I perceived as misreppish, as Claus would put it, malicious.
Kmd wrote:Elvis- Started out with the "last to confirm" tell. I usually see that as an excuse to look like you are scumhunting. After you throw those names out, you joke around a little without voting for a few posts. Not even a vote on those last players to confirm that you pointed out. Then you have a random vote with no reason, just to replace it with a joke reason next post. This is where I vote you and you go all OMGUS "SCUM SLIP YOU SAID WE HAVE 4 SCUM. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT" on me.
I'm gonna be pretty unorthodox right here though.
I don't find Kmd unvoting because of vanilla claim and change of mind scummy. Over the time I have found Kmd less scummy than originally.
The wifom Kmd uses re: the vanilla claim gives my gut a townish feeling. Too obvious to likely deflect from scumbuddy, too obscure and likely to get flak to be a typical scum distancing from mislynch.

You guys are saying Shabba is more likely newbish than scum, but I did find the way she came up with suspecting the top 2 wagons in the end mightily questionable.
Shabba wrote:I think BaB is scummy, mainly because of posts 100, 102, 155 and 245 (angry vibes)...First, I thought that BaB was bussing Xyl...until Xyl voted for him, so there goes that theory. Post 251 confused me...big time.
If a post from someone suspicious confuses me, I ask them questions. The vagueness last sentence is mind-baffling and scummy.

To be continued after pasta.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, I don't really have a good vibe from Shabba at the moment. It also kind of freaks me out the way multiple people came out of the woodwork to attack me for either no reason at all or apparently just because I was voting her.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Xyl wrote:Who else is scummy?
ekiM remains scummy to me until he comes back and provides some answers to the questions I put. I think BnB is a decent lynch, which also has the potential to provide some information. zu_Faul and Shabba have shown minor tinges of scumminess, but I wouldn't say I have a great read on either as yet.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

VP Baltar wrote:
ekiM remains scummy to me until he comes back and provides some answers to the questions I put. I think BnB is a decent lynch, which also has the potential to provide some information. zu_Faul and Shabba have shown minor tinges of scumminess, but I wouldn't say I have a great read on either as yet.
Do you think iamausername is bussing?

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Xylthixlm wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Do you think iamausername is bussing?
Possibly, but BnB's alignment needs to be known before it's worth speculating on that. His vote on rofl after stating the scumminess of BnB was weird, and now the quick switchback at very mild questioning is strange enough for me to think he is potential scum.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Ojanen »

@zu Faul, ekiM, alexhans:
Do you think the paragraph under the last quote in roflcopter 298 is a valid scumtell?

@iamausername:
Why was BaB's plea for time scummy and the reason for you to make him L-1? (Specifically, what was the scum motivation?)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by roflcopter »

username wrote:The gambit of acting surer than you actually are about things in the early stages of the game.
i am always exactly as sure as i act. i have never gambited.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

I've had a wild day and I'm going to my friend's gig soon so I can't be here long, but I'll do a quick run through all the posts I have time to respond to.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Claus wrote:I will not take the time to try and defuse a wagon on someone who is not helping himself.

BaB, list of scummy people, please. 10 days is too much - if you want a "break", you have to make one yourself by saying who you think is scummy.

[ . . .]
--
I'll give details when BaB gets out of his ass and posts a scumlist.
Gets out of my ass? What? Give me a week then if 10 days is too long. Please meta me. It takes me a while to write up cases.
Herodotus wrote:[

@BaB: That's over a week away. No. If you were necessarily going to be lynched, then a couple days would be enough. You just happen to be at L-3, and waiting that long is only useful if a better lynch candidate may appear. Answer posts 277/278.
It takes me about a week to go through the game and find more scummy people. THen again, this game is smaller so I might be able to do it faster.

Yosarian2 wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Just popped in, about to go to sleep.

Anyway I see Yos voted me. This is really scummy unless he missed the following quote. I'll quote it again in case he missed it:
Thesp is right here. There is absolutly no reason town should stall the game for weeks just because it's not the deadline yet.
Nevermind above, you can add Yos to the scum list.

Yos is a very smart, very rational person. I don't believe he would accidentally
exagerate
"10 days" into "stall teh game for weeks."

I also don't think he would do something as stupid as to not let someone get the chance to speak, if I turn up town, you get to see my opinions. If I turn up scum, you can use the info to find out who my buddies are.
iamausername wrote:
BridgesandBaloons wrote:Then I left EkIm w/o a * or crossed out because he is VLA recently, but he is sort of a lurker
Why are you making allowances for ekiM's V/LA, but not mine?
cuz EkIm is my scumbuddy
I'm sorry, I must have missed it. When I get a chance I'm going to type a post about all the lurkers, I'll switch you over to the nonlurker side and not do a post about you.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Okay fine you guys are impatient, give me until end of Saturday before lynch?
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Many of the people calling for my immediate lynch and not giving me time are probably worried I'm going to put a case on them, then when I come up town they look bad

. . . But if I come up scum, they are pro-town, remember, there's no such thing as bussing Day 1.
Signature:
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by roflcopter »

bridges wrote:. . . But if I come up scum, they are pro-town, remember, there's no such thing as bussing Day 1.
this one is good for the lulz because obviously before anyone ever votes for you and when you're at lynch minus one are completely comparable situations to judge your interactions with other players, amirite?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:46 pm

roflcopter wrote:
bridges wrote:. . . But if I come up scum, they are pro-town, remember, there's no such thing as bussing Day 1.
this one is good for the lulz because obviously before anyone ever votes for you and when you're at lynch minus one are completely comparable situations to judge your interactions with other players, amirite?
no no no no no

I'm talking about the people I will post cases on, if I find any. THOSE people are confirmed if I come up as scum.
Signature:
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

the WIFOM, it burns me

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by roflcopter »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
no no no no no

I'm talking about the people I will post cases on, if I find any. THOSE people are confirmed if I come up as scum.
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”