Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

roflcopter: 3 (elvis_knits, Kmd4390, PookyTheMagicalBear)
Yosarian2: 2 (charter, VP Baltar)
Thesp: 1 (roflcopter)

Not Voting: 5 (ekiM, SerialClergyman, Thesp, Yosarian2, zu_Faul)
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

charter, while I agree with you, I think we rolled the dice a bit lynching tajo and it feels a bit like we're doubling up voting yos. I'm confident that rofl and yos are scum, but I don't think the risk vs reward pays out - if yos is innocent we're in real trouble.

Taking the same list, if rofl is scum and not a lover and I get NKed, we'll have say 3 scum to find in:

charter

ekim

elvis
kmd

pooky
thesp
VP
Yos2

Zu

So if you assume Yos2 and Zu are scum, then we've got one more to weed out. If kmd has 2 bullets he can afford to miss tonight and tomorrow night and then (say he hit thesp tonight and pooky tomorrow, so it goes lynch roflscum, I and thesp die then tomorrow lynch yosscum and kmd + pooky die).

we'd have a list that looks like

charter

ekim

elvis
VP
Zu

Which means Zu gets lynched, ekim or charter are NKed, then tomorrow, if charter is alive he treestumps to prove his own towniness and we have to choose between elvis and VP, and if ekim is alive he's lynched to prove his towniness and then venges either VP or elvis.

So essentially, provided there is no mafia roleblocker and kmd has 2 bullets, we get to pick 3 out of 4 of elvis, vp, thesp and pooky to kill for the win.

We can get confirmation of how many shots kmd has left from him, but we won't know about the roleblocker (not that there's any evidence to suggest a blocking).

If kmd has 0 shots, then we'll be able to kill 2 of those 4. If kmd has one shot and we can get a 2-fer, we'll be able to kill 3 out of those 4.

So imo, the only real time where it's useful to target yos over rofl is if kmd has one shot and one shot only.
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by charter »

I dunno. I think Yos is scum as well. I think he's been scummy most of the game and I'm more sure that at least one of pooky or elvis is town than Yos AND rofl both being town. rofl is obviously scum, since he's living through the nights, and the mountain of other things, but at the same time I think they're both scum, and it makes sense to lynch Yos first if you think they're both scum.

And plus, I doubt we'd have a goon cop and a vanilla cop.[/WIFOM]

So yeah, I'd prefer lynching Yos, but if enough people can't be convinced well before deadline, I'll switch to rofl. My heart can't take another repeat of yesterday.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:04 pm

So yeah, I'd prefer lynching Yos, but if enough people can't be convinced well before deadline, I'll switch to rofl. My heart can't take another repeat of yesterday.
Tell me about it.
I'm old now.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:34 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Vote: Roflcopter
. He is obv scum. Yos2 is not that scummy.

charter should be lynched after him. Or "forced to treestump".
KMD should shoot pooky.
Thesp wrote: There's a clear difference here - the "citizen" word is pretty synonymous with townie - it looks an awful lot like trying to breadcrumb (and for someone who apparently missed roflcopter's "breadcrumb", it stuck out to me like one).
I don't breadcrumb this offensively.
charter wrote:zu faul, I pushed for tajo's lynch harder than anyone but SC. Tajo flipped scum. I don't understand what the problem is here. And plus, if anyone but you seriously considers me scum (unlikely) I can always suicide and extend deadline! But since I didn't do that when we were threatening a no lynch with about ten hours until deadline, that's a pretty unlikely scenario.
a) This is totally unrelated to what I said.
b) So you pushed for a scum lynch. Bravo. It is like scum never bus.
c) The last sentence is so dumb. I don't believe you can stump. And even if you could, why would you do it, when we were sure to get a lynch, one way or another?

I don't believe how nobody else sees charter as scum, especially with what Tajo did yesterday.

No one even considers I was not on the BAB wagon and defended him. If you push for a scum lynch, you are town, and if you push against a town lynch, you are... scum? Honestly, the only case I see against me is the "breadcrumb" which I have already explained. I could not get anything out of it as scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:41 am

Post by charter »

Now I'm super duper happy voting for Yos.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:48 am

Arg. Zu so scummy. Seriously can't tell the difference between bab lynch and Tajo lynch?

Was going to go on but why bother. Zu filthy scum.

Kmd, tell me your bullets so I can place my vote.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Zu's post is funny because other than voting roflcopter, nothing makes sense.

Everything else he's suggesting will probably help scum. Like make charter treestump... which effectively kills him. He should make a pretty good case why he thinks charter is scum if he's going to force charter to prove his ability. And I really have seen no reasoning from him why he thinks charter is scum.

And kmd shoot pooky? pfffft.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:57 am

Not to mention that if you think rofl and pooky are scum, why do you think rofl is? Zzz.
I'm old now.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Thesp »

elvis_knits wrote:I would rather not go for a possible 2-fer-1 trying to lynch a possible GF, who if we're wrong will really screw us up. If rofl is traitor, we lynch Yos tomorrow and he's probably GF. There's nothing really lost by doing it that way. It takes an extra day, but we can afford that. We cannot afford to lynch yos first if for some reason he flips town.
Do you think Yosarian2 should be allowed near the endgame?

Really, the only reason we shouldn't be lynching roflcopter is if we think there's a reasonable chance that roflcopter is the traitor, and that the person we'd be lynching would be their Godfather. Looking back, I think there's a reasonably likely chance this is the case with Yosarian2.

Even if we lynch roflcopter first, we're still going to be left with, "what do we do with Yosarian2?". Is there anyone who thinks he's likely to be town? If so, you'd better speak up now. If not, we're going to have to lynch him at some point (or vig him, which there might be issues with if he's a NK-Immune-GF).

If we think there's a reasonable chance Yosarian2's the Godfather (should one exist),
AND
that Yosarian2 is one of the people that should be lynched by the end of the game because it's unlikely he's town, we should lynch him now. If not, we should lynch roflcopter.

(The benefit of lynching the Godfather if there's a traitor is that we end up with an extra kill in our control, either via the vig or via charter tree-stumping.)

I'm liking the Yosarian2 plan.

Vote: Yosarian2
zu_Faul wrote:Honestly, the only case I see against me is the "breadcrumb" which I have already explained. I could not get anything out of it as scum.
I'm not sure how you could assert that you'd have no benefit as scum to having the seeds of a fakeclaim planted.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yos isn't dead yet? Come on people.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Thesp totally missed the point. A town flip on rofl resolves any question about yos - he's then confirmed town.

If they are both scum, as is likely, the order hardly matters. But if rofl townflips were in a much better position than if yos townflips.
I'm old now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Thesp wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I would rather not go for a possible 2-fer-1 trying to lynch a possible GF, who if we're wrong will really screw us up. If rofl is traitor, we lynch Yos tomorrow and he's probably GF. There's nothing really lost by doing it that way. It takes an extra day, but we can afford that. We cannot afford to lynch yos first if for some reason he flips town.
Do you think Yosarian2 should be allowed near the endgame?
Based on, a scum claimed an innocent on someone who claimed an innocent on me?

This "Yos is the godfather so we should lynch him first" stuff makes no sense (why would you care if you lynch the godfather first or not if you think there's no pro-town cop left alive?), and is apparently based on nothing in any case.

I don't know what the hell happened yesterday. I keep going back and fourth between thinking Tajo was incredibly ballsy scum who tried to save his buddy rofl, and thinking that rofl was town and Tajo was a cautious scum who was trying to confirm himself and avoid claiming vanilla in a game with a vanilla cop.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Yos, if the godfather dies the traitor dies. Did you miss that in thread?
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by charter »

Guys, we need to lynch Yos today. Yos and rofl are both going to vote rofl and we'll lose out on the twofer.

Yos also ignored my question asking him if he's scum. He knows he can't fake it anymore.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

charter wrote:If rofl is town:
charter

ekiM

elvis_knits
Kmd4390

PookyTheMagicalBear
roflcopter

SerialClergyman

Thesp
VP Baltar

Yosarian2

zu_Faul

I include myself and ekim in this list, since we can easily confirm ourselves. I include SC since he's pretty much the towniest person here and he's most likely going to die protecting kmd.

I'm not buying this as our remaining four scum. I think Elvis is town, and I think Pooky is probably town.

I'd be willing to lynch zu Faul today as well, since he's guaranteed scum as well, but the probable twofer we're going to get by lynching Yosarian seems the best idea to me.

If kmd is taking vig requests, my vote is for zu faul (assuming we lynch one of rofl/yos and the other doesn't die) since he's by far the scummiest person still alive.
This is a good post.
zu_Faul wrote: No one even considers I was not on the BAB wagon and defended him. If you push for a scum lynch, you are town, and if you push against a town lynch, you are... scum? Honestly, the only case I see against me is the "breadcrumb" which I have already explained. I could not get anything out of it as scum.
Oh shit guys, he's right. Scum never defend town. Now what? :roll:

--------------

Serial, the Rofl lynch is the way to go.

Also, a Pooky shot would be dumb. Zu is obviously a better choice.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Serial, the Rofl lynch is the way to go.
vote rofl
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by charter »

Is there any chance of a Yos lynch today?

If not, I'll just hammer. No need to drag the day out.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm fine with a hammer.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Me too. Sorry charter, it's not that I don't agree with the theory (I raised the possibility) but I just don't think it's worth the risk, given whatever kmd's bullet situation is.
I'm old now.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Thesp »

Serial Clergyman wrote:Thesp totally missed the point. A town flip on rofl resolves any question about yos - he's then confirmed town.

If they are both scum, as is likely, the order hardly matters. But if rofl townflips were in a much better position than if yos townflips.
Roflcopter's not going to townflip.

The order
does
matter if one is the godfather, though, if we lynch thatone first, we get an extra half-day against the scum, which affords us the chance to be able to vig again.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by charter »

Ugh, lynching Yos is far superior to rofl.

I think ekim will vote Yos, so that makes four. Elvis and Pooky, will you guys vote Yos? or are you sticking with rofl?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Guys - look at my analysis. The extra half day ONLY helps if kmd has one shot and one shot only. If he has 0 or 2, it doesn't. He's confirmed that to me, so the lynch of rofl it should be.

I'd be joining you if theh alf day was as important as you're making it out to be but it's not.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:41 pm

The important bits:
So essentially, provided there is no mafia roleblocker and kmd has 2 bullets, we get to pick 3 out of 4 of elvis, vp, thesp and pooky to kill for the win.

We can get confirmation of how many shots kmd has left from him, but we won't know about the roleblocker (not that there's any evidence to suggest a blocking).

If kmd has 0 shots, then we'll be able to kill 2 of those 4. If kmd has one shot and we can get a 2-fer, we'll be able to kill 3 out of those 4.

So imo, the only real time where it's useful to target yos over rofl is if kmd has one shot and one shot only.
I'm old now.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I didn't confirm anything. Just said that Rofl is a better lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”