Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:19 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Maybe he needs a replacement if he can't participate adequately?
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:38 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

There are others who don't post much either. But I know that they are here somewhere, but with Boo I don't know.

Boo
, can you PM me soon to let me know you're still in the game?
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:27 am

Post by Tigris »

Okay, so it looks like everyone is waiting for either people to answer questions or waiting for someone to slip up. As to why I think that Gaspode and Polarboy might be linked, Polarboy in particular seems to back up everything Gaspode says. Personally, I am rarely very active in anyone defense early on in the game, simply because there is an oky chance that they are mafia, so that's why I find it somewhat odd.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Just because they might cover for each other doesn't mean that they're mafia. They could be masons or one of them is a cop and investigated the other on night one; although I do see where you're going with that.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:52 am

Post by Tigris »

True, which is why I originally (and still) say that they could be either town or mafia or a mafia attaching himself to a town, or alternatively I could just be imagining things. :D
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:35 am

Post by PolarBoy »

It's true, I have been defending Gaspode an awful lot this game. I have two reasons. One is that he's done nothing so far to set off any red flags for me. I find it difficult to believe that scum could go so long without any mistakes, so I have a somewhat greater level of trust for him than most other players. The other reason is that there has been something to defend against. Gaspode has had a long series of ridiculous allegations brought against him throughout this game.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:58 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Gaspode has had a long series of ridiculous allegations brought against him throughout this game
I second that!

On another note, you don't have to be scum to make stupid mistakes. In most, if not all, games, townies get lynched for stupid mistakes too. And conversely, you don't have to be townie to not look suspicious.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:59 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Besides, I've been defending Gaspode too, and no one called ME suspicious for it.
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:51 am

Post by indentureddjinn »

sorry I've been inactive lots of stuff going on
I'll read through the thread and get back
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:51 am

Post by Gaspode »

Why is everyone so quiet all of a sudden? Start talking! I've said everything I've wanted to say so far, and so have plenty of other people, but there are still a few who have said nothing for the last few pages. I think this might be a good time for a deadline, Mr. Mod.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:47 pm

Post by Tigris »

I agree with Gaspode, a deadline would be much appreciated.

That said, I would still like to know what people call Franky's daughter from Boo, and a claim from Malaprop.

If I felt I could trust Boo about his claim fully (which the naming would aid/harm greatly), then there was another argument that I feel I should make, but until that time, it might hurt the town more then help it to make it. I know this will likely increase Polarboy's gut instinct against me, but there isn't really any other way to word it.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:58 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

malaprop (Untrod Tripod, Gaspode, PolarBoy, Tigris)
Boo/Someone (Quagmire, NEHI)
Gaspode (malaprop)

Not voting: Boo/Someone, indentureddjinn, Yanqush

10 Alive, 6 to lynch.

From now on, Someone has replaced Boo
Also I agree that discussion is low in the Family and am posting a deadline.

Deadline: Friday 20.00 h GMT
. When a player reaches
4 votes or more at the deadline
, that person is lynched. In case of a tie, first one who had 4 votes, gets lynched. If a player gains 6 votes before the deadline, (s)he will be lynched immediately.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:55 am

Post by Someone »

Deadline :(.

Have no fear, someone is here :). Now everyone unvote me and we can get started :wink:. Anyways, I'll be done reading the thread tonight, but any summaries and stuff would be appreciated.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:57 am

Post by Someone »

(If you didn't notice, i was joking about the unvote thing....unless u reeeeeeeally wanted to :).
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Boo
Boo
Townie
Boo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:46 am

Post by Boo »

<-- Just had to reformat.
Sorry for the recent turn of events.
Tigris, my "name" Is "daughter of Franky"
Vote: Malaprop
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:20 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

uhh? I thought Boo was replaced?

The Mod wrote:
From now on, Someone has replaced Boo.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:37 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

malaprop (Boo, Untrod Tripod, Gaspode, PolarBoy, Tigris)
Boo (Quagmire, NEHI)
Gaspode (malaprop)

Not voting: indentureddjinn, Yanqush

10 Alive, 6 to lynch.
Deadline: Friday 20.00 h GMT, 4 or more to lynch at the deadline

Boo just PM-ed me after I send Someone his role. To give him the benefit of the doubt I place him again in the game. Hope you all will accept my appologies for the circumstances. Modding is more difficult then I thought...
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:21 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Tigris wrote:I agree with Gaspode, a deadline would be much appreciated.

That said, I would still like to know what people call Franky's daughter from Boo, and a claim from Malaprop.

If I felt I could trust Boo about his claim fully (which the naming would aid/harm greatly), then there was another argument that I feel I should make, but until that time, it might hurt the town more then help it to make it. I know this will likely increase Polarboy's gut instinct against me, but there isn't really any other way to word it.
Uhm...When you say "this will likely increase PolarBoy's gut instinct against me" are you refering to the argument in question that we haven't heard yet, or the post in which this was said?
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:18 am

Post by Tigris »

Basically that I wasn't putting everything on the table and that it might sound like I am hedging my bets.

Secondly, I am tempted to unvote malaprop, but since the main reason why I would is to prevent a quick-lynch in the case of him being innocent, it will return if circumstances do not change.
unvote: malaprop

Hmmm, as to Boo, I am still fairly conflicted (they call me something other then merely franky's relative), so I am not sure about the claim, but at the same time, here is the argument I was going to make. It is fairly obvious that certain people in this game are not cops. There are 4 people I am almost positive are not a cop and 2 others who I am fairly sure/do not wish to disclose just yet (my role namely). That leaves 4 people and if the mafia are able to reason as I am (which is fairly simple), then they can likely cut it down to 2-3 people as potential cops. At this point, I feel the cop should come out, because otherwise I think there is a high chance the mafia will be able to pick them off. Consider me suspicious all you want for requesting that a cop comes out, but if they don't I think they may very well die tonight.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:39 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Meh, I want a roleclaim from him before I consider unvoting. Unless, of course, someone comes out and says "hey everybody, I"M MAFIA!"
Heh, someone did that in Office Space pretty recently...
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:58 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

So, malaprop, unless you can come up with a great reason to not be lynched (i.e. roleclaim), you'll be gone if nothing else happens.
Malaprop
Malaprop
Goon
Malaprop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:33 pm

Post by Malaprop »

Regarding the deadline: yes, Ipod, thank you for restating what was already completely obvious. Are you gloating or something?

I am a brother of Franky. I was a family hitman (it's implied that I'm retired now) and I can't sleep because of guilt (or something, Kerplunk was coy). I was not given a name. My role is 'sleepwalker', but the mod has declined to actually tell me what it does, though he has answered my questions. I choose one person each night and sleepwalk to their room. I was not told what happens, but I was told that this gets me no protection if I'm targeted by the CIA.

To run down the questions I've asked in order: I asked if I could check to see if someone was in at night; I don't get told what happened at that room (which wasn't quite what I asked, but I didn't press it). I asked if I send my choice at day or night; I send it at night after someone is lynched. I asked if the game was 'mafia are townies, CIA is mafia'; this was confirmed. I asked what my win condition is; I win if all the CIA are dead. I asked if I could choose to stay in; Kerplunk asked why I'd want to. I said I don't know that I get any information and I might be taking on added risk; I was told I don't take on extra risk but I have to choose someone every night.

The first night I chose PBuG, the second I chose Gaspode. Both times I was told I dreamed I went to their room. I wake with a feeling I was followed. That's it. Both of my 'results' messages have been two sentences long with no more or less information than I've just stated.

That's all the information I have. I don't really know what the function of my role is, and I haven't had enough shots at experimenting to figure out any patterns. It is frustrating, to say the least.

I've read a bunch of other games to see if anyone else has had a role and not been told what it does, but I didn't find any other examples. Anyone have any clues or ideas?

I hope at least two people unvote me long enough for me to survive the deadline; I will be irked to have died and not even known my role.
[size=84]gim sumun.bi shà-thir-ma u ba-rì[/size]
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:40 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Malaprop wrote:
Regarding the deadline: yes, Ipod, thank you for restating what was already completely obvious. Are you gloating or something?
Why, worried about something?

And regarding your roleclaim, it's wonderfully creative, yet it's ambiguous. Maybe we should have a cop check it out tonight, instead of lynching you.
But unless a cop comes out, my vote stays. [/quote]
Malaprop
Malaprop
Goon
Malaprop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:51 pm

Post by Malaprop »

Well, we agree on something: I also think my role is creative and ambiguous. It feels like "Welcome to the game. Let me not tell you how to play. Good luck."

As for being "worried about something" -- duh? Innocent people don't want to be lynched and more than scum do. I wouldn't get a lot of laughs out of being wrongly lynched, especially as I may have a useful role.
[size=84]gim sumun.bi shà-thir-ma u ba-rì[/size]
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:06 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Meh, sounds like a good excuse to nightkill someone who suspects you if you were to be mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”