Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

The Gahhhh Vote count

ElectricBadger - Benmage
Farside22 - ElectricBadger

Not Voting: Nikanor, Hewitt, Farside22, SaintKerrigan

Lots of love
Haylxxx

Benmage wrote:Aww EB, i saw you still browsin the web page a few minutes after my post...surely you read it...you we're awaiting what you 'thought' i'd say...did i scare you with facts?
Yes, Ben, in the middle of the work day it took me 23 minutes to reply to an interwebs game. You need something to occupy your time, man.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Haylen »

mine

Damnit, EB :(
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Haylen wrote:mine

Damnit, EB :(
Haha, NINJA'd!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Haylen »

Not fair, i wanted the top post. Lol.

Guys, I am HAVING the 975th post.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote:I already knew the scenario, yes. You're not a good lynch for today; but I wanted to hear your rant, pretty much a claim imo:
don't lynch you because you're obviously a werewolf.

What you're failing to take into account - purposefully or not - is that the town's only chances now lie with the hope that the scum teams will accurately target one another. This means that M/M's are horrible lynches for today. We need scum to target scum, and they need the same. Two living monks tonight means the mafia can narrow their target list nicely. Which I'm guessing is exactly what you've been trying to avoid.

So we need to kill mafia, and either farside or nikanor is one (potentially both). Even a mislynch here pretty much ensures revealing mafia. Not a huge fan of either, but my preference is-

Unvote Benmage, Vote Farside
Your logic is retarded. The best scenario for the town, involves not mislynching. Thus the town going for a monk is the most logical solution... Also if we miss leaving two monks for the last wolf to decide is bad..if we hit a town monk, the wolf only has one monk to pick from. Yet if we hit a mafia monk, we confirm a town roles 100% and narrow the options for the wolf to hit the last mafia. We want to enter tomorrow in a 2-1 state, or with 0 mafia, lol having the two factions NK eachother off.

'You knew the scenario, and wanted to hear logic...taking it as a claim'...what a farce of crap.
ElectricBadger wrote: Two living monks tonight means the mafia can narrow their target list nicely. Which I'm guessing is exactly what you've been trying to avoid.
Wow... I'm trying to make the game child proof. And with the horrible position i'm in, i'm trying to still achieve a win, despite the odds stacked against me.

You're squirm failed. You dont have a good track record to try and be "baiting me" into a response. You die today.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Benmage wrote:Aww EB, i saw you still browsin the web page a few minutes after my post...surely you read it...you we're awaiting what you 'thought' i'd say...did i scare you with facts?
Yes, Ben, in the middle of the work day it took me 23 minutes to reply to an interwebs game. You need something to occupy your time, man.
Oh boohoo. Good excuse. Way to try and belittle me. Your job must be soo important. I dont go to work till 6, thanks...and you dont see me posting there.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Benmage »

Haylen wrote:Not fair, i wanted the top post. Lol.

Guys, I am HAVING the 975th post.
we shall see...mwahahahha
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Benmage wrote:Your logic is retarded. The best scenario for the town, involves not mislynching. Thus the town going for a monk is the most logical solution... Also if we miss leaving two monks for the last wolf to decide is bad..if we hit a town monk, the wolf only has one monk to pick from. Yet if we hit a mafia monk, we confirm a town roles 100% and narrow the options for the wolf to hit the last mafia. We want to enter tomorrow in a 2-1 state, or with 0 mafia, lol having the two factions NK eachother off.
You keep assuming that one monk is mafia, which isn't certain: in fact, one monk must NOT be mafia.

However, assuming you aren't mafia, and obviously Hew isn't, one of Nik/Farside MUST be mafia; and potentially both could be.

Mislynching a townie monk narrows the potential mafia to 2 of three; mislynching one of farside/Nik makes the NK a sure kill v. mafia.

The ONLY reason to kill a monk is to give the werewolf a better chance of surviving through the night. So I'm not surprised you're pushing that agenda.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:39 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Benmage wrote:Oh boohoo. Good excuse. Way to try and belittle me. Your job must be soo important. I dont go to work till 6, thanks...and you dont see me posting there.
Nice chain of logic in those last couple posts. I'm scummy because it took me 23 minutest to post...it took that long because I'm at work...my work must be useless. Ergo, I'm scum because my work is useless. Quality.

Also, for your personal edification, I work in a funeral home: your 23 minutes were partially involved in assisting a woman whose mother just died this morning. So pardon me if your urgency is a little ridiculous.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote: The ONLY reason to kill a monk is to give the werewolf a better chance of surviving through the night. So I'm not surprised you're pushing that agenda.
What !!?? lol... you mean in that if we mislynch a town on a non monk the mafia have less chance to miskill because they'll know not to hit the monks (if they're town)

I wouldn't call this the 'only' reason. I want to hit a mafia, I just told you we lose if we hit a wolf. So yes hitting nik/far might give us a greater chance to hit the other mafia, or the last wolf...but we can't afford to hit anything other than a mafia. Hitting the last wolf and we lose. Thus again, I maintain the stance that a monk is the most logical choice of todays lynch. Your inability to see this, and terrible onstart gamble for today has cost us the game if you are indeed town.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote: You keep assuming that one monk is mafia, which isn't certain: in fact, one monk must NOT be mafia.
I just think its likelier than aiming for the "?"'s...compounded with yours and Sk's relative scummy behavior. With your atrocious opening...its gonna be you.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Benmage wrote:Oh boohoo. Good excuse. Way to try and belittle me. Your job must be soo important. I dont go to work till 6, thanks...and you dont see me posting there.
Nice chain of logic in those last couple posts. I'm scummy because it took me 23 minutest to post...it took that long because I'm at work...my work must be useless. Ergo, I'm scum because my work is useless. Quality.

Also, for your personal edification, I work in a funeral home: your 23 minutes were partially involved in assisting a woman whose mother just died this morning. So pardon me if your urgency is a little ridiculous.
Dude relax. I wasn't trying to take it personal. I didn't know you were at work, and was annoyed at you suggesting some sort of superiority because your at work and i'm not. We were talking, so I thought your stall was a legitimate purposeful stall. I'm not sitting next to you, I dont know what your doing. I may have been egging you on, but i wasn't being very serious, and believe you had work or whatever real life thing.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:08 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Benmage wrote:What !!?? lol... you mean in that if we mislynch a town on a non monk the mafia have less chance to miskill because they'll know not to hit the monks (if they're town)
I mean whatever the monk's flip, there will be 3 possible werewolves left. I'd rather give the mafia better odds, personally: killing a non-monk reduces that to 2.

Killing a non-monk also gives us much better chances of killing mafia (1-2 of farside/nik are mafia, 0-1 of the monks are).
Benmage wrote:Hitting the last wolf and we lose.
A slight risk, but at this point well worth the reasonably small 1 in 4 chance. If they NK's go badly we're done for.

Anyways, I'm not too concerned that niether you nor Hew are scum.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Haylen »

actually, i want the 1000th post more. I will modkill the person who takes it! :P

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:10 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

...must fight the temptation to spam 36 more posts....
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote: Anyways, I'm not too concerned that niether you nor Hew are scum.
See, i'm a little worried about him myself. But didn't you just call him town last page??
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Benmage wrote:What !!?? lol... you mean in that if we mislynch a town on a non monk the mafia have less chance to miskill because they'll know not to hit the monks (if they're town)
I mean whatever the monk's flip, there will be 3 possible werewolves left. I'd rather give the mafia better odds, personally: killing a non-monk reduces that to 2.

Killing a non-monk also gives us much better chances of killing mafia (1-2 of farside/nik are mafia, 0-1 of the monks are).
This is actually good, and holds weight..logically valid. However I feel you've played too scummy a game to not be scum. So despite mathematical advantages I still think you're the scummiest player here, thus I want you lynched.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Benmage »

I can explain the math later..i'm going to post office/gym/work..soo see yah in the am's.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Benmage wrote: But didn't you just call him town last page??
Not that I recall. Although if you're a wolf then he's town it's due to process of elimination, not a townsome feel.

And nice. Playing the logic card heavily until it went against you, then dismissing it.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Benmage »

ElectricBadger wrote: And nice. Playing the logic card heavily until it went against you, then dismissing it.
explain...or i think i can, when i drop the math..anyways hold on..i cant do it now, about to leave
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Just wanted to note I recieved my note and I'm here. I have to review another game first. I will be posting a lot less from here. Not my fault and I'm not happy with it. :cry:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

@ben: if you think one of the monks is mafia why are you voting EB when you were pushing so hard on SK before the lynch of Oddin.
And Ben is correct this should be a hunt from mafia. EB assumes that monks are town that assumption is not something I'm willing to bet on.
Since Ben, Nik and myself have been unclaimed then the 3 of us should be looked at.
Ben's almost claim makes me wonder if he is mafia trying to look Wolf and get someone lynched that he shouldn't but voting a monk almost makes a weird sense as you know they are not wolf for sure.

Will do a read of everyone tomorrow.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

farside22 wrote:Just wanted to note I recieved my note and I'm here. I have to review another game first. I will be posting a lot less from here. Not my fault and I'm not happy with it. :cry:
How's it not your fault to post less here?? f the other game!

Also...EB was one of my way more top suspects of yesterday...so wheres the issue?

I dont get how i almost claimed...i never did, lol..

Math isn't my forte (Majored in History...hopefully I can do 5th grade math tho) Lets see:

There is at best a 50% of mafia in the monks. At worst 0%.

Amongst the unclaims there is at best 66% of hitting Mafia. At worst 33%.

So here's why i said mathematically what EB said was valid. This game isn't purely statistics, the 50% aint to far from the 66% compounded by the insane scumminess, I think EB is todays lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:23 am

Post by farside22 »

Benmage wrote:
farside22 wrote:Just wanted to note I recieved my note and I'm here. I have to review another game first. I will be posting a lot less from here. Not my fault and I'm not happy with it. :cry:
How's it not your fault to post less here?? f the other game!

Also...EB was one of my way more top suspects of yesterday...so wheres the issue?

I dont get how i almost claimed...i never did, lol..
What I mean posting less here is posting less at MS in general sorry that wasn't clear.
As for EB yes your case on EB yesterday is noted but you were pretty strong in your convictions of SK comment being a slip.

There is also the matter that you and Nik could be mafia making it so there is a 0% chance of town having a shot at winning and creating a mislynch. The fact you put no pressure on Nik or I with this makes me wonder more about what alignment you truely are.

@EB: Why am I scummier then Nik? How about a case between the 2 of us and why one is scummier.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:32 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

farside22 wrote:@EB: Why am I scummier then Nik? How about a case between the 2 of us and why one is scummier.
You've felt off since the start of the game; I still can't place a townie face on the heavy attacks v. Scien over minor reasoning, contrasted to a fairly light touch with other players. Overall, your play seems designed to give the appearance of an active player without getting too involved in lynches.

And I think you were trying to play up being town: not so much due to the initial comment, which was mostly WIFOM, but you've repeatedly (and imo ridiculously) implied since that scum are never aggressive, even demanding examples. It dovetails well with potential buddies, as both have been minimally active this game, helped along by your walls of spam that drew attention away.

Outing Maemuki last night also took a very good player, I think: on a night when finding opposing scum was critical, the mafia correctly targeted a player that had barely spoken - either a major risk or someone noticed a tell that the rest of us didn't see.

And no, I'm not going to mount a defensive case on Nik for you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”