malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by malthusis »

RayFrost wrote:Why are you keeping it a secret?

Keeping this a secret seems anti-town.

It's mass claim, after all.
I have reasons to keep it secret right now. It wouldn't help any deductions right now anyways. I will reveal it later if necessary.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by RayFrost »

malthusis wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Why are you keeping it a secret?

Keeping this a secret seems anti-town.

It's mass claim, after all.
I have reasons to keep it secret right now. It wouldn't help any deductions right now anyways. I will reveal it later.
Fixed.
don't you feel silly now?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by malthusis »

Everyone has claimed now, right?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Pretty much.

Let's wait for the rest to post what they think about your hiding things.

I feel that keeping secrets isn't exactly helpful to town.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Although I generally do not approve of keeping information secret during a mass-claim, I am assuaged by the fact that malthusis claimed to have poisoned Cobalt, who turned out to be Mafia. I am inclined to believe this claim (especially since mipe-SK could not have been responsible), and since I doubt a Mafiate would poison one of their own partners, I am fine with leaving it unquestioned until tomorrow.

Also, if Sajin indeed reappears tomorrow (which would explain why his information was not revealed), malthusis' claim will be further proven.

Vote: Konowa
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

Kinetic, Post 497 wrote:...

// Connection Lost (Timed Out)

julianvonwolfe
???, ???
Win Condition: ???
Lost Day 2

Night Phase will last at least 72 hours, and the thread will open no earlier than Tuesday, February 9th.
... Processing ...

Based off malthusis' claim, it has occurred to me that we may not have even lynched julianvonwolfe, and that he may return to the game under certain conditions. Neither Sajin nor julianvonwolfe are listed as "dead," but they are rather listed as "???."

Unvote: Konowa

I still fully support lynching Konowa, but I would like to give this development some thought.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Day 3, Vote Count 3 (Sixteen)

(2)
Konowa
(Tar, DoS)

(1)
Tarhalindur
(Konowa)

(0)
malthusis
()

(0)
GLaDOS
()

(0)
RayFrost
()

(0)
DragonsofSummer
()

Currently there are $#%$%# votes in play, this means it will require 4 to lynch.
Currently there are $%$#%@ players alive.

Deadline, March 4, 2010 (End of the Day EST).
Extension Votes
(0) :

5 Votes required for extension.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Okay, here's the deal. I'm not quite dead. I'm not sure what the story with Sajin is, but I think the reason that I'm still alive is that I targeted myself with my night action night one. I will die after this post.

I win with the town.

I was reluctant to post this earlier since I have only one post and didn't want to waste it, but it seems that my flip seems to be a minor factor in deciding who to vote. I decided that keeping a post up my sleeve was not worth the anti-town effect of your not knowing my alignment.

I also have a vote, so:

vote: Konowa

L-1, peeps!
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by malthusis »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Okay, here's the deal. I'm not quite dead. I'm not sure what the story with Sajin is, but I think the reason that I'm still alive is that I targeted myself with my night action night one. I will die after this post.

I win with the town.

I was reluctant to post this earlier since I have only one post and didn't want to waste it, but it seems that my flip seems to be a minor factor in deciding who to vote. I decided that keeping a post up my sleeve was not worth the anti-town effect of your not knowing my alignment.

I also have a vote, so:

vote: Konowa

L-1, peeps!

^^!?!?!?!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Day 3, Vote Count 4 (Seventeenth)

(3)
Konowa
(Tar, DoS, JVW)

(1)
Tarhalindur
(Konowa)

(0)
malthusis
()

(0)
GLaDOS
()

(0)
RayFrost
()

(0)
DragonsofSummer
()

Currently there are $#%$%# votes in play, this means it will require 4 to lynch.

Deadline, March 4, 2010 (End of the Day EST).
Extension Votes
(0) :

5 Votes required for extension.

"Found him!"

"What happened?"

"I'm not sure, but I think something prevented him from dying. But he just overexerted himself and passed."

julianvonwolfe
John, Engineer
Win Condition: Town
Died from Overexertion Day 3
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by malthusis »

Now I am very worried. While lynching Konowa may be good plan, now I'm worried that we may be in Lylo. Like I've said before, my information opints to either DoS or JVW being scum. JVW was just town confirmed. DoS has been using his "confirmed" status as a free ride throught this game. Due to the latest revelations, I'm inclined to believe that he is scum.

I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to
Vote: DoS
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Not particularly surprised -- I was just starting to re-think JVW's claim about an "unstable ability" and I was in fact wondering if something like that had occurred. We now have both "Lost" statuses explained: one from JVW targeting himself, the other from malthusis targeting Sajin.

In any case, we now know that JVW was Town, so it is probably wise to consider us in LyLo at the moment. Although I have thought Sajin was very likely to be Town, seeing as he may return to the game in a similar fashion tonight or tomorrow, we should be more careful with our votes.

I will sleep on these new developments.

Preview Edit: I would like to request that we shorten DragonsofSummer to "Dragons" as opposed to "DoS," since "DOS" is a part of my screenname.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Actually, if Sajin is returning to the game tonight, then we presumably should not be in LyLo. There are currently six alive and present players -- if we lynch today and malthusis' 24-hour drug loses its effect by Night Three, then we should have 6 players (five from today + Sajin) going into night after lynching today. If there is a single successful nightkill, we should be left with 5 players tomorrow.

malthusis, can you get more information about your 24-hour drug?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by malthusis »

I think I could easily ask it in-thread....

Mod: Are win conditions fulfilled immediately, or at the start of the day?

Win Conditions are achieved when they are completed or nothing can prevent them from being completed.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

malthusis wrote:Now I am very worried. While lynching Konowa may be good plan, now I'm worried that we may be in Lylo. Like I've said before, my information opints to either DoS or JVW being scum. JVW was just town confirmed. DoS has been using his "confirmed" status as a free ride throught this game. Due to the latest revelations, I'm inclined to believe that he is scum.

Your belief in something doesn't make it true, and I haven't been hiding behind anything. I never called myself a confirmed townie, and have made opinions clear throughout the game.

I don't know why you are so dead set the the "John" you know about wasn't the same "John" Tar knew about. You have seen a "scum" John flip, but because it is an sk flip, you say it can't possibly be the John you are talking about, and that doesn't make sense.

You are chasing a ghost mal, thats all I am saying. Konowa is the play today.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I don't see any real support for a summer lynch over a
claimed non-town

Yeah.

Ummm...

vote: konowa

if konowa flips scum and the game goes on, malth is prob scum buddy
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

malthusis wrote:Now I am very worried. While lynching Konowa may be good plan, now I'm worried that we may be in Lylo. Like I've said before, my information opints to either DoS or JVW being scum. JVW was just town confirmed. DoS has been using his "confirmed" status as a free ride throught this game. Due to the latest revelations, I'm inclined to believe that he is scum.

malthusis, quit being an idiot. At MINIMUM, Konowa is lying about being a Hider* (he's got his details wrong), and he's probably lying about his alignment as well.

* - After thinking it over, it's *possible* that Konowa as Survivor would try to false-counterclaim the weakest-looking player in order to buy himself a day, especially when the false counterclaim would probably keep away the Mafia kill. It's not likely - he's nearly certainly Mafia - but it's possible.

----

Side note: These JVW events brought to mind a possibility that I hadn't really considered earlier, namely there might be two Mafiosos alive other than Konowa who decided not to try to force a no-lynch in order to play it safe (perhaps they had inside warning that players might be coming back?). Regardless, lynching Konowa removes a neutral (who should be assumed to vote with scum at LyLo) at worst and a Mafioso at best, so since we can be nearly sure that malthusis is telling the truth about Sajin coming back (he claimed the Cobalt kill and was not counterclaimed) I see no reason not to finish Konowa off.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Oh right, RayFrost's vote was the hammer - never mind about being stupid, malthusis, since RayFrost was smart for you.
User out of ambit.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Kinetic »

Konowa
Stephen, Mathematician
Win Condition:
Survivor

Lynched Day 3

It is now Night.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Kinetic »

Malthusis
Joe, Theoretical Physicist
Win Condition:
Town, Vengence

Disappeared Night 3

Day 4, Vote Count 1 (Eighteen)

(0)
Boxman
()

(0)
Sajin
()

(0)
RayFrost
()

(0)
Tarhalindur
()

(0)
DragonsofSummer
()

Currently there are 5 votes in play, this means it will require 3 to lynch.

Deadline, March 18, 2010 (End of the Day EST).
Extension Votes
(0) :

3 Votes required for extension.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Huh. So Konowa lied about being a Hider (I checked with Kinetic again, if he was actually a Hider his hide should have worked in the way I described yesterday) but not about being a Survivor. That seems kinda stupid to me, but it's not something to worry about now. (Well, except for making sure I don't get mislynched because a Survivor lied about his ability...)

----

Speaking of hiding, I decided that my best option last night was NOT to hide (and thus not risk accidentally killing myself).

----

Worst case scenario, there are two surviving scum (one is not out of the question given a Survivor flip, but given the possibility of two we should assume that there are two for the time being). We are probably in LyLo.

From where I'm sitting:
- We can no longer rule out GLaDOS being scum; even in the best case scenario for Night 2 (i.e, Sajin is scum) the Mafia should have been able to kill despite Boxman being inactive - even if the scumteam was Boxman and Sajin, I'd guess that Sajin would have been able to send Boxman to kill.

Despite that, GLaDOS's play yesterday looks very pro-town to me (though I need to read past PJ games to be sure); I'm loathe to lynch him today.

- RayFrost still reads incredibly pro-town to me for reasons I explained yesterday; despite my suspicion that one of the neighbors may be scum, I'm pretty sure he's town.

- I still think Sajin is likely scum (I'll build the full case again in a bit, when I have more time). The only real mitigating factor is that I don't know whether he could be part of a two-person scumgroup (due to not being clear on how malthusis's knockout drug worked).

- I am reluctantly forced to conclude that DoS is likely scum after all (and I just got roleblocked N2). He's been horribly inactive, hasn't scumhunted at ALL since D2, and his claimed rolename is John (not conclusive but concerning).

At first glance, I support either a Sajin or a DoS lynch today. More later when I have more time.

HoS: Sajin
HoS: DragonsofSummer
User out of ambit.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by RayFrost »

GLaDOS grilled me hardcore in our mason QT x.x

High pro-town read on GLaDOS.

I currently have a slight scum read on Tar.

Malth being town kinda surprised me, since I really didn't like the lack of a konowa vote at the end, seemed suspicious.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:39 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

I am still V/LA, and I do not have time to read over the game again right now. I should be back in full force by March 1 or so. In the meantime, I would like Sajin to full-claim and to post his thoughts on the game.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Sajin »

I can post finally. To answer any questions about it:

Kinetic PMed me saying I was unconscious and I would rejoin the game at the start of day 3 (this was done at the start of day 2). So I knew Malthusis was telling the truth about that.

First off my reactions to some of yesterday's events:

Tar- I would love to see your non game flavor analysis from you. Also, your role is very complicated and I highly doubt 2 hiders in a setup and I see no incentive for konowa to lie, especially considering he claimed survivor. And I really do not believe that the knock out poison syringe could of been applied to 2 people (which I think it would of according to your role). This really irked me that no one brought this up. Explain.

@Rayfrost- I know a game in fairly recent memory where you did not breadcrumb your private chat early on at all. Why is this game different?

@GLaDOS- Welcome to the game! Thanks for replacing in. Why do you want me to full claim? I would like you to articulate this beyond "because everyone else did". Also I would like to know how many mafia you think we are dealing with.

@DoS- What are your reads? Who is town, who is scum? I just ISOed you, you have not posted thoughts on anyone except for right when you joined a lynch wagon each time.

I need to reread a few things, but those are the major questions I have from yesterday.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Sajin wrote:@Rayfrost- I know a game in fairly recent memory where you did not breadcrumb your private chat early on at all. Why is this game different?
That game happened
long
after I did the breadcrumb.

Also note that I was a town reviver that got a
confirmed town
partnership with a three shot JOAT.

Also note that I got the masonship after D1.

Also note that my breadcrumb for this game was on D1.

Unlike this game where I was an unconfirmed mason with somebody that I had previous experience with.

In my first game as a vig, I tried breadcrumbing (it was a terrible one at that).

In my first game as a mason of some sort (this game), I tried breadcrumbing (it was a terrible one at that).

I've since stopped breadcrumbing (within my memory, anyway).

Gotta watch the dates, man.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”