NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Battle Mage wrote:/in FTW. Parama, Faraday and Lowell are all acceptable lynches. But because nobody has any interest in lynching any of them atm, and i seem to have jumped into a game with a backlog of lynch candidates that we need to get through before anyone else is considered, i'm actively lurking till then. Or until it's my turn to be lynched- seeing as i'm starting to feature on that list now. :D

If anyone wants to give me a good reason why my suspects are TOWN, please do so. I am following, and will try and bump the thread every 48 hours if need be.

BM
I could go for Lowell, after Socrates.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Dry-fit wrote:Here's a little experiment: Raise your hand if you think Pom is town.
The only way you can even hope to gain any accurate result out of that experiment is if Pomegranate were to flip scum. If she were to flip town, then you would have wasted your time on your little "experiment".
My experiment was to see if anyone actually has a town read on her. I don't really see how anyone could. And yet no one seems willing to lynch her (although that seems to be changing.)
Pomegranate wrote:Now Dry-Fit, who has done more today, me or you? Also, what do you think of Socrates and the Socwagon? (Don't be wishy-washy about this and take a stance for once.)
I was laughing because you agree I'm acting useless and scummy, while you are as well. I don't feel Socrates' responses to the accusations made against him have been town. I don't like the way the Socrates wagon formed but it's to be expected given how the night actions went.
Pomegranate wrote:Dry-Fit, how many scumbags do you think there are? How many people are you suspicious of? I'll do the math for you: 6-1=5. Something is wrong with that last number, DF. Fix it.
I don't know what you're asking. Are you saying I should know at this moment who all of the scum are? And you're assuming I think there are 6 scum?

I am suspicious of you. I am suspicious of BM. I am suspicious of Robotnik. I am suspicious of Midnight's Sorrow. And I am suspicious of Socrates. I guess that's only five of the six you'd like but those are the one's I think are most likely scum above the rest.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Ok, I think we all need to agree that there are in fact 6 scum. How are we even going to know when we get to lylo or mylo if we don't come to the pretty easy consensus on how many scum exist in this game. There is no other number that makes sense unless there's an SK, but that seems impossible at this point.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Nikanor »

foilist wrote:
This does look terribly for socrates, but let's not ignore other possibilities.

@Socrates: I'll work with you on this one.

<Snippity snip (stuff about setup speculation, et cetera)>

That means N1 there could have been a doc save, so we still have one unexplained kill.

That kill could not have been prevented, except by nhammen. So either he blocked it or it wasn't made.
That's THE SAME POST.
Then, in your next post, as a response to something Lowell says, you say that you're "waiting to see what he comes up with."

After that, Socrates makes two posts: this and this. Then, foilist makes a post here that doesn't address either of those posts made by Socrates.
Nine hours later, foilist votes for Socrates here. There's still no mention of what Socrates has come up with, which was supposed to be the reason for why foilist was waiting on his Socrates vote, right? Why is there no mention of Socrates's posts? And even after Socrates posts the case on Unsight, foilist
still
hasn't addressed what Socrates has come up with. That means that his earlier post in which he told Lowell that he was waiting to see what Socrates has to say is bullshit at the very least.

And foilist, a very good player in this very thread has mentioned that trying to get someone else lynched is the best defense you can make. Perhaps Socrates was taking a page out of the book of Vi. You didn't consider that?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Dry-fit wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Dry-Fit, how many scumbags do you think there are? How many people are you suspicious of? I'll do the math for you: 6-1=5. Something is wrong with that last number, DF. Fix it.
I don't know what you're asking. Are you saying I should know at this moment who all of the scum are? And you're assuming I think there are 6 scum?

I am suspicious of you. I am suspicious of BM. I am suspicious of Robotnik. I am suspicious of Midnight's Sorrow. And I am suspicious of Socrates. I guess that's only five of the six you'd like but those are the one's I think are most likely scum above the rest.
Thank you.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:51 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Eleventh vote count of day 3.

Battle Mage (0):
CryMeARiver (0):
Dr. Robotnik (0):
Dry-fit (0):
Faraday (0):
foilist13 (4):
Nikanor, Leafsnail, Socrates, Parama

Leafsnail (0):
Lowell (0):
Midnight's Sorrow (1):
Super Smash Bros. Fan

Nachomamma8 (0):
Nikanor (0):
Parama (1):
Battle Mage

Pomegranate (2):
Dry-fit, Midnight's Sorrow

SerialClergyman (0):
Socrates (7):
Lowel, Nachomamma8, Dr. Robotnik, Unsight, foilist13, Pomegranate, vezokpiraka

Super Smash Bros. Fan (0):
Unsight (0):
vezokpiraka (0):

Not Voting (3):
Faraday, CryMeARiver, SerialClergyman

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch someone.

vezokpiraka has announced Limited Access from the 26th of june till the 3rd of july.

Unsight has announced V/LA during weekends.

Pomegranate has announced V/LA during weekends.

Still looking for a replacement for CryMeARiver. Not getting much response to the pm's I'm sending out though :(

SerialClergyman picked up my pm, but didn't post yet. I'm going to look for a replacement. However, if he shows up before I find one, he can keep playing.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 am

Post by foilist13 »

1) Ok, first off, saying I'll work with him means I expect his input and for him to defend himself. At the time, my read on him was still a town one and the evidence mathematical. It did not mean I didn't intend to vote him if that's where the logic lead me.

2) Like I said when you questioned me the first time, I was waiting to see what he would come up with. That means
logically in his defense
, not anything else. My attack on him was based solely on probability, so anything not concerning those probabilities would be irrelevant.

3) Neither of Socrates posts did anything to dissuade me of my argument, nor sad anything relevant to my next post. That to me means he is not willing to work with me as it were. Therefore I moved on with my argument.

4) I don't see your issue with this post. Nacho claimed, so I took it into account and started reevaluating my argument.

5) Failing to see anything yet to dissuade me, I repost my logic and vote Socrates. What do you expect me to have done?
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Nikanor »

foilist wrote:1) Ok, first off, saying I'll work with him means I expect his input and for him to defend himself.
At the time, my read on him was still a town one and the
evidence mathematical
. It did not mean I didn't intend to vote him if that's where the logic lead me.
foilist wrote:5) Failing to see anything yet to dissuade me, I
repost my logic
and vote Socrates. What do you expect me to have done?
You reposted your logic, meaning you used the same logic as in your original post, right? If that's the case, why didn't you vote Socrates in your original post? That's the problem I have, and you've done nothing to refute that. It doesn't help that when you did vote, it was in the post directly following Unsight's vote, despite you supposedly thinking Unsight is scummy.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Lowell »

Prod avoidance. Nothing will happen until we lynch soc.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Nikanor: I don't understand what it is you don't understand.

1) I post initial logic against Socrates and wait for a response.

2) No decent response is given.

3) Nacho's claim comes up. I edit logic accordingly.

4) Still no good response from Socrates.

5) I restate logic and vote Socrates.

So this scum tell that you've uncovered, which is so good that it outweighs everything brought up against every other player, is that I waited before voting. That's it? Good job catching that one.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Why do we assume only 6 scum, three to each scum faction, instead of 8, four to each scum faction??? Or why not even a mixed number to each side,if we're gonna talk about it? :?
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Why do we assume only 6 scum, three to each scum faction, instead of 8, four to each scum faction??? Or why not even a mixed number to each side,if we're gonna talk about it? :?
Fair enough point, I guess.

But there most likely are the same number of mafiosos (I never know what word to use... I'd use scumbags if there weren't also werewolves) as werewolves. At least, it makes most sense to me that way.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Leafsnail »

foilist13 wrote:@Leafsnail: You aren't as random and don't sound as good
Wait, I don't sound as good... so you aren't undermining me? You forgot I was near the top of your suspicion list when I was voting you yesterday?
foilist13 wrote:Ok, I think we all need to agree that there are in fact 6 scum. How are we even going to know when we get to lylo or mylo if we don't come to the pretty easy consensus on how many scum exist in this game. There is no other number that makes sense unless there's an SK, but that seems impossible at this point.
This is so dumb it hurts. The logic in it is actually
"We need to know when we get to lylo."
"Therefore we need to know the number of scum."
"Therefore we need to take an optimistic guess at the number of scum and treat it as gospel, in order to avoid running into lylo without us realising."

I mean... seriously. I've seen an 18 player game with 3 on each scumteam and few PRs (and that was won by town).

Nikanor's point against you is completely valid, but it's more like the tip of the iceberg.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Mod: Try getting Goatrevolt in the game. He sign-up as a replacement after all.

I'm tired of Lowell not doing anything in this game. He has no excuse to deliberately not contribute to the game in Day 3. He needs to realize that there are other scums in here.
Parama wrote:Considering I was the one who got the Socrates train going
That point isn't going to help you much now, especially since you are no longer voting Socrates. I won't award town points to starting a bandwagon and leaving it when it still has a lot of heat, but then using it as a defense.

All right, my suspects:
Midnight's Sorrow (My top suspect)
Socrates
Lowell
Dr. Robotnik
Parama
CryMeARiver

If people want me to explain my suspicion on them, tell me and I will be glad to do so.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Parama »

Do it.
I'm not using the Socrates thing as a defense. I think the Socrates wagon sucks now, especially the company on it.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Yo SSBF, gonna be a hypocrite(Cause I can :D) and say you arn't really doing all that much contributing this DP either~ Stop accusing people of something when your doing the exact same thing please~
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Leafsnail: Dont sound as good means aren't as confident or articulate.
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I'd like a defense from Socrates still
snoPING AS usual I see
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Unsight »

Lowell wrote:Prod avoidance. Nothing will happen until we lynch soc.
Right now the most interesting thing to notice are the people pushing other wagons more strongly as the day goes on. I very much consider that something "happening" and it makes Socrates' flip all the more important.
Games are meant to be fun.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Twelfth vote count of day 3.

Battle Mage (0):
CryMeARiver (0):
Dr. Robotnik (0):
Dry-fit (0):
Faraday (0):
foilist13 (4):
Nikanor, Leafsnail, Socrates, Parama

Leafsnail (0):
Lowell (0):
Midnight's Sorrow (1):
Super Smash Bros. Fan

Nachomamma8 (0):
Nikanor (0):
Parama (1):
Battle Mage

Pomegranate (2):
Dry-fit, Midnight's Sorrow

SerialClergyman (0):
Socrates (7):
Lowell, Nachomamma8, Dr. Robotnik, Unsight, foilist13, Pomegranate, vezokpiraka

Super Smash Bros. Fan (0):
Unsight (0):
vezokpiraka (0):

Not Voting (3):
Faraday, CryMeARiver, SerialClergyman

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch someone.

vezokpiraka has announced Limited Access from the 26th of june till the 3rd of july.

Unsight has announced V/LA during weekends.

Pomegranate has announced V/LA during weekends.

Socrates didn't post in the past 48 hours. He will be prodded.

Still looking for a replacement for CryMeARiver and SerialClergyman.
SSBF wrote:@Mod: Try getting Goatrevolt in the game. He sign-up as a replacement after all.
A pm to Goatrevolt has been sitting in my outbox since I started looking for a replacement for CMAR.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by Socrates »

Prodded. Will try to get something relevant up soonish. The bed is calling me.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Furcolow will be replacing CryMeARiver.
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Socrates wrote:Prodded. Will try to get something relevant up soonish. The bed is calling me.
I understand. :) Thats why my last post wasn't too long.
snoPING AS usual I see
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Faraday »

I'll give this game a read through later and catch some scum. Off shopping now.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 am

Tubby216 replaces SerialClergyman.

Battle Mage didn't post in the past 48 hours and will be prodded.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”