Mini 1140 - Mafia Mishmash...Game Over!!

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Votecount 2.3:

curiouskarmadog - 1 (Regfan)
yura-chi – 1 (vollkan)
bgg1996 - 2 (subgenius, yura-chi)

Surprise_Carcinogen - 1 (Andrew94)
Andrew94 - 1 (Surprise_Carcinogen)
Regfan - 1 (curiouskarmadog)

Not voting: (bgg1996, Truant, Maxous)

With 10 players left it’s 6 to lynch.

Day 2 will end no later than midnight EST on March 31st.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Maxous »

Wow..that's kinda irrating lol.
@Bgg: You already claimed, the mafia are'nt idiots. Now did you kill pappums or tclawren?
vollkan wrote: 3) Explicitly voting to add pressure
This is a scumtell now? Why did'nt you call CKD out on it earlier?

I agree with sub that hyprocisy is not a scumtell.
As for point 4) Why should she of had to be involved in previous discussion to agree with Sub's assement of Bgg? Otherwise what is the point of trying to persuade each-other about lynches?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:47 am

Post by vollkan »

Maxous wrote:
vollkan wrote: 3) Explicitly voting to add pressure
This is a scumtell now? Why did'nt you call CKD out on it earlier?
I did criticise CKD's pressure voting.

I don't consider CKD's to be scummy, because it was in a completely different context. However ineffectually his chosen means, CKD tried to start a pressure wagon; Yura was joining a wagon which, at that time, had the most momentum. The incentives for scum in the two scenarios are entirely different. Scum has nothing to gain and everything to lose by trying to start a "pressure wagon", on a weak ground, late in the day (remember, Magnetic was the decided lynch at that point; it was only a question of time). Whereas, there is a clear motivation for scum (especially newbscum), to cite "pressure" as means of attempting to add credibility to their vote.
Maxous wrote: As for point 4) Why should she of had to be involved in previous discussion to agree with Sub's assement of Bgg? Otherwise what is the point of trying to persuade each-other about lynches?
My point is that she spins on a dime (from a position of apparently having no suspicions of anybody), to voting bgg coincidentally at the same time as SubG gives the green light for a wagon.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:51 am

Post by subgenius »

@Maxous, Truant, and bgg

This day has gone on long enough that your votes should be somewhere.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 am

Post by subgenius »

Vollkan wrote: b) Player X does genuinely believe A to be a scumtell.

b) is, on first glance, consistent with Player X being either town or scum. However, if Player X is town, this simply doesn't make sense - because Player X has a firsthand understanding of how it is that a townie could do A.
Here's the thing, though. There are very few, if any, scum tells that town don't engage either due to carelessness or poor play. If you really thought that scum tells are defined as actions that only scum do, then you'd only need to see one of them from a player to conclude that they are definitely scum. Scum tells are useful because we believe they are actions that are
more likely
to have been performed by scum, a hypocritical town player knows with certainty that his scummy actions were not the result of scum motivations, but he can't say that about any other player, and he shouldn't hesitate to point that scummy action out (although he should probably be prepared to explain his own scummy behavior afterwards).
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Maxous »

Fine.

VOTE: Bgg

My other suspects are SC, Truant and CKD. I was kinda waiting on CKD and Truant to respond but I guess we can go over them on day 3 provided they are still around.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 am

Post by subgenius »

I'd probably be willing to support a wagon on any of those 3, especially Truant or CKD. I feel like they're both managing to fly under the radar, and it's not kosher at all.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:47 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Truant hasn't posted for 2 days.
And I'll stick with not voting.
subgenius wrote:n bgg in the hopes that he'll start talking sense?
People have tried. Tried for many years.
And failed.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

fly under the radar????..ha.

will be giving this game the update treatment in the next 24.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by subgenius »

bgg1996 wrote:People have tried. Tried for many years.
And failed.
I don't understand why you signed up for this game. Btw, you're ignoring some questions.

CKD wrote:fly under the radar????..ha.

will be giving this game the update treatment in the next 24.
You haven't posted in over two days, and you pop in right after your name is mentioned with a promise of giving an update within the next 24 hours? That's bs.
strong fos on CKD
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Surprise_Carcinogen »

subgenius wrote: You haven't posted in over two days, and you pop in right after your name is mentioned with a promise of giving an update within the next 24 hours? That's bs.
strong fos on CKD
This is a sentiment I mirror.

Also, if this whole Bgg thing doesn't cut the hell out, I'm very close to doing something undeniably stupid. >.>
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Maxous »

Alright I read over

Plan B

Unvote

VOTE: Truant
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Maxous wrote:Alright I read over

Plan B

Unvote

VOTE: Truant
Explain this, please. I haven't seen much case against truant, I don't think.
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:I haven't seen much case against truant, I don't think.
That's probably because he only has 11 posts total, half of Andrew's total.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by subgenius »

I approve of any Truant votes. He's definitely near the top of my scum list. I'm saddened by the lost bgg vote, though.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:08 pm

It's not the size of the ISO. It's what you do with it. And though his posts have been few in number, they've been higher in content. Sometimes content I disagree with, but he's still been saying stuff, so I'm willing to wait for him to give his reasoning behind few posts before I start trying to dissect his short post history. I also hate not having very much to make a case on.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Not that I'm complaining, or anything, but why did Maxous suddenly change his vote?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Maxous »

^
I wanted to check something from earlier in the game, and while I was doing so I noticed something that I missed up until now.
I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt today.

@SC: As for Truant, his stance and subsequent vote for Yura was contradictory(it kinda looked like he was making it up) and as Sub pointed out he seems solely concerned with finding the SK.
Mafia tend to be more afraid/cautious of the SK(or any harmful third party) than the town do - it's natural, the mafia have lower numbers and therefore more to lose if one of them gets whacked.
I can go through it in greater detail if needed,later I guess.
It's late, I'm tired.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by yura-chi »

i don't think of truant of being a mafia just cause he's not posting anything for awhile that is because i just think that he's on a vacay like me and trying to handle both stuff but as for CKD it was very suspicious of him to suddenly pop up after his name came up and then suddenly deciding not to post for the nxt 24h. i also think that during this time he's either lurking or making a plan on who to kill next...
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 pm

yura-chi wrote:i don't think of truant of being a mafia just cause he's not posting anything for awhile that is because i just think that he's on a vacay like me and trying to handle both stuff but as for CKD it was very suspicious of him to suddenly pop up after his name came up and then suddenly deciding not to post for the nxt 24h. i also think that during this time he's either lurking or
making a plan on who to kill next...
Scumslip, in reference to scum being worried about an SK more then anything else?

Also, Truant is allowed to go on vacay, but CKD is scummy for not posting for 24h?
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by yura-chi »

it doesnt seem as if ckd is on vacay since he can choose not post for the next 24h or post for the next 24h or pop in and out any moment....

also i don't get what's the scum slip you're mentioning....
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 pm

You're saying he's hanging back to plan who to kill next. Aside from being silly in concept, it also implies that he and he alone has the decision. Which means he can't be mafia, as mafia lynches are group decision. Which means you wouldn't suspect him of being a mafia, but instead of being SK, who IS entirely and solely in control of thier kills.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Votecount 2.4:

curiouskarmadog - 1 (Regfan)
yura-chi – 1 (vollkan)
bgg1996 - 2 (subgenius, yura-chi)

Surprise_Carcinogen - 1 (Andrew94)
Andrew94 - 1 (Surprise_Carcinogen)
Regfan - 1 (curiouskarmadog)
Truant - 1 (Maxous)

Not voting: (bgg1996, Truant)

With 10 players left it’s 6 to lynch.

Day 2 will end no later than midnight EST on March 31st.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by vollkan »

subgenius wrote:
Vollkan wrote: b) Player X does genuinely believe A to be a scumtell.

b) is, on first glance, consistent with Player X being either town or scum. However, if Player X is town, this simply doesn't make sense - because Player X has a firsthand understanding of how it is that a townie could do A.
Here's the thing, though. There are very few, if any, scum tells that town don't engage either due to carelessness or poor play. If you really thought that scum tells are defined as actions that only scum do, then you'd only need to see one of them from a player to conclude that they are definitely scum. Scum tells are useful because we believe they are actions that are
more likely
to have been performed by scum, a hypocritical town player knows with certainty that his scummy actions were not the result of scum motivations, but he can't say that about any other player, and he shouldn't hesitate to point that scummy action out (although he should probably be prepared to explain his own scummy behavior afterwards).
On the technical definition of scumtell, that's correct.

At the risk of entering a thoery debate. On a theory level, "more likely" is neither the proper standard to apply in the game, nor is it the standard that the vast majority of people, in fact, apply. I'm hesitant to start a theory debate on this, because it gets into fairly abstract issues. But, basically, a) since almost everybody can see that almost nothing is scummy divorced of its circumstances (ie. it is terrible play to apply a blanket set of scumtells) and b) nobody has the empirical evidence needed to actually know what scum are "more likely" to do, we fall back on a behavioural/motivational approach. In short, we can't ask "What are scum more likely to do?" so we ask, instead, "Can I see this person reasonably doing X action as town?".

Maybe you disagree, but I'm not going to assume that Yura plays differently from the vast majority of people in this respect. That is, my assumption is that Yura is asking the latter question I identified above, not the former.

In which case, for Yura, somebody who not only is (by her own admission) useless, but has also come under fire for being useless, to vote another player on that basis makes no sense. If she is town, then her own uselessness should have caused a massive roadblock to her suspicion of bgg. On the contrary, however, we find that it does not. In fact, she mentions and entirely glosses over the evident contradiction.
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 am

Post by yura-chi »

I don't really have any other big sus for mafia but I do think he can be mafia and just planning when the night comes or he actually IS a sk planning his own kills. I just think he's more sk/vig because for some reason I just don't see him working with others... :?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”