I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Vote: Yosarian2

Mwahahahaha.

@kondi: Are you going to be an awesome scumhunter again?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Townread on Sir Bastion. Though I'm not sure what good the question can do. Presumably the game isn't over so all he'd be able to say is whether he was lynched or killed.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Oh shoot, I forgot, 12 players. Do we no-lynch today or in mylo? Or do we not no-lynch with the way the setup is? I don't know what the usual procedure is in multiscum games with only one kill.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 15, Rhinox wrote:@Sir Bastion: It is public knowledge that in the game you reference I was lynched not long after replacing in on page 80. Can't say any more than that due to the game currently being ongoing.

@cobblerfone: you've now sucked up to both kondi and Bastion. I'm happy with where my vote is. It is a serious vote. Please explain your town read on Bastion. What has he done that makes you think he's distinctly town?

It's his attitude.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Bastion, ask useful questions. You're begining to make me think your doing this on purpose as scum.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 21, iamausername wrote:Question for all; would you rather lynch a wolf or a mafia today?

Cobblerfone wrote:You're begining to make me think your doing this on purpose as scum.

What exactly do you mean by this? What is he 'doing on purpose'?

VOTE: TheOtherFiction

Why did you take so long to confirm?

Asking meta related questions that don't tell us anything about the player's playstyle or anything that they would have to take their alignment into consideration for. Scum would want to do this because again, they wouldn't need to take their alignment into consideration for the conversation while making it seem like they're posting a lot.

In post 22, Rhinox wrote:
In post 21, iamausername wrote:Question for all; would you rather lynch a wolf or a mafia today?
I think there are some merits either way. I'll just say either is fine, a scum lynch is a scum lynch at this point.

In post 16, Cobblerfone wrote:It's his attitude.
How vague... Can you elaborate on that?

Yes. It was his eagerness to try to move the thread along. This eagerness (combined with the fact that it's RVS) is the thing counteracting the above scumminess.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 24, Rhinox wrote:So... you're saying only town would express eagerness in moving the thread along?

Also, you're giving him town points for his eagerness to move the thread along, in the same post where you basically say his questions are doing nothing to move the thread along? :?

Eagerness =/= actually did.

iamausername wrote:Question for all; would you rather lynch a wolf or a mafia today?

Lynching a mafia gives them a smaller voting-block making them werewolf-lite. So I guess mafia.

Fiction wrote:Either way, we should investigate Cobbler,

Is this an order to the seer or to the town? And if the latter, why not ask me a question or something?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 33, Rhinox wrote:
In post 28, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 24, Rhinox wrote:
So... you're saying only town would express eagerness in moving the thread along?

Also, you're giving him town points for his eagerness to move the thread along, in the same post where you basically say his questions are doing nothing to move the thread along?

Eagerness =/= actually did.

That was my point. Do you think eagerness alone is enough for a town read?

You also didn't answer the first question.

For an early read, yes. As for the first question, town would, and scum might try to fake it since they have the other team to worry about. The mafia have to worry about the wolfkill and the wolves have to worry about the mafia voting block so being out and in the open would tend to be disadvantageous.
In post 44, Rhinox wrote:
In post 43, Sir Bastion wrote:
If I wanted your answer to my questions I would have asked you and not cobbler.

I wasn't answering your question, I was making my observations and reads as the game currently stands.

Well I don't agree with your observations. cobbler didn't make a gut read, he made a read based on your attitude of wanting to progress the thread (his words). Then he said you might be scum for what was essentially the same reason he called you town

Not really. The eagerness to move the thread in any way possible seemed town. The continuing of questions about ongoing games after it was said that people wouldn't be able to fully answer them seemed scummy.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 58, Yosarian2 wrote:On an unrelated note, Primate's inital post sounded vaugly town-ish to me, so I'll
Unvote:Primate

Vote:princesskdw
, who hasn't posted yet. (/slightly better then random vote since I have a weak town read on a few people and obviously have no read on her.)

Why did you feel the need to type the parenthesized?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 60, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 59, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 58, Yosarian2 wrote:On an unrelated note, Primate's inital post sounded vaugly town-ish to me, so I'll
Unvote:Primate

Vote:princesskdw
, who hasn't posted yet. (/slightly better then random vote since I have a weak town read on a few people and obviously have no read on her.)

Why did you feel the need to type the parenthesized?

Do you think there's any harm to me explaining my vote here? It's cool to vote people without explaning to see how they react, but you only get a useful reaction if they are going to wonder if you have some kind of magic super-awesome scum read on them based on something; there's no point to doing that in a daystart game on day 1 while voting for someone who hasn't posted yet. Otherwise, I think it's usually useful to explain why you're doing what you're doing.

I thought "who hasn't posted yet" would've covered that.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 62, Yosarian2 wrote:Again, I'm not sure I get the reasoning behind this like of questioning. Do you think there's something anti-town about me sharing my thought process behind my vote? I generally think that's a helpful thing to do most of the time, since it should make it easier for people to read me.

There's nothing anti-town about it. It just looked like it was scum overdefending a change in vote.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Yeah, scooby, that wasn't a case, it was a comment on a player's personality. I tend to be exact in my word choice as well, so I also sometimes include "if"-words. Heck, IRL I usually use "probably" in place of "yes".

Anyway, yeah, prod-dodge I guess. Nothing's really changed. I'm really just waiting for a response from Yos to Rhinox.

@Scooby & Fiction: What do you think of Yosarian2?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 87, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 85, Cobblerfone wrote:
Anyway, yeah, prod-dodge I guess. Nothing's really changed. I'm really just waiting for a response from Yos to Rhinox.

Response to what? This?

In post 76, Rhinox wrote:
Cobbler asked the wrong question. The right question was: what were you hoping to accomplish by voting an inactive?

First of all, she's actually more likely then not to be scum. If I have 2 town reads on people in this game, then I vote someone else, I've got a 2/3 chance of voting for scum (9 other people, 6 of them are scum). That's why if you're town, you really want to be voting *someone* at all times in a game like this. This is an ideal game to lynch lurkers in, because the lurkers will usually also be scum.

Also, I did want her to be under some pressure when she started posting, since she needs to catch up with the rest of us. Besides that, scum are probably going to be more passive then townies (that's probably why this game is moving so slowly, all the scum are probably sitting on their hands doing nothing, and that's half the people in this game). Voting for people who seem to not be doing much is key to this kind of game, we all need to be doing it, because "too many scum" games are much more likely to stall out then normal games.

Well that and do you think scumhunting will be a towntell or not? I don't think it will be, but I also think notscumhunting will be a scumtell. Also, is there a reason you've been spelling "werewolf" as "warewolf"?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 97, Hiraki wrote:Don't got much to say but holy shit scooby.

Vote: TheOtherFiction

You two know each other? Is he good at finding scum?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 107, Hiraki wrote:
In post 103, Cobblerfone wrote:

Scooby is a bt notorious in the Song Contests. I'm indifferent about him.

However, Scooby was spot on with my analysis of TOF.

Kudos.

PreEdit: scumflail.

This lynch. I feel it in mai bones.

Rush it loud and clear.

While I'm seeing the scumflail, scooby's case was way weak. It wasn't even a case, just an English teacher's note not to be so wishy-washy in writing.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be a hammer. That's L-2 I think. Still not liking Yos2. ^I've played with him once, he was N-0 cultrecruited in a doublecult game.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 114, Hiraki wrote:
In post 110, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 107, Hiraki wrote:
In post 103, Cobblerfone wrote:

Scooby is a bt notorious in the Song Contests. I'm indifferent about him.

However, Scooby was spot on with my analysis of TOF.

Kudos.

PreEdit: scumflail.

This lynch. I feel it in mai bones.

Rush it loud and clear.

While I'm seeing the scumflail, scooby's case was way weak. It wasn't even a case, just an English teacher's note not to be so wishy-washy in writing.
Being wishwashy is a big scumtell.

It's just allowing you to say "Hey, I don't have a real opinion. Let me wait to see which one is better."

nonono

Yeah, but you need to take experience it account. TheOtherFiction joined less than a month ago, which was a plausible cause of the wishy-washy text; She's gettin' the hang of things. The Werewolf-slip here is totally awesome though:

TheOtherFiction wrote:Mafia members could hide among them while slowly controlling the vote.

The way Yosarian spelt "warewolf" had me thinking that if he was scum he was mafia anyway.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 117, Yosarian2 wrote:Cobbler: So why don't you like my play here?

I've only played one game with you, so I might not know exactly what's you and what's you-as-scum-in-a-multiscum-game, but I don't like the rhetoric like this:

Yos2 wrote:First, he says "I could argue that voting just to vote is scummy", right after I explained why pro-town people should vote, especially in this game. Notice that he doesn't actually argue that it's scummy, he just vaguely claims that he could.

You're just pointing out what happened; you don't actually ask her to argue her point. This is evidence that you're more focused on trying to fluff up the case on her than getting her opinion. Especially since the opinion in and of itself isn't scum-motivated. If she were scum she could just agree with your opinion or not bring it up since it is a logical conclusion, instead of bringing up an opinion without any weight behind it.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:08 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 145, funkybike1 wrote:For the first time ever, I think that Yos is actually making sense. Does that mean that he's town? No.

What did he say that didn't make sense? Why didn't you think it made sense? Is it because you know he's scum, and assume whatever he's saying doesn't make sense, because he's your scumbuddy or is it because you know he isn't your scumbuddy and you want to cast doubt on his logic?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

You're not supposed to claim until someone
off
your wagon asks to though.

@Hiraki: What reasons are right?
@Sir Bastion: are you saying you would be willing to hammer TheOtherFiction?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 163, Hiraki wrote:@Cobblerfone: Refresh me.

On TOF or funnybike?

In post 153, Hiraki wrote:Scooby is right about funnybike.

But for the wrong reasons.

Yos2 wrote:So...you're accusing him of being my scumbuddy because he said I'm making sense? Also, you want to explain himself and why he said that, so you're...asking him if he's scum? Do you expect him to say yes?

I'm accusing him of being your scumbuddy because apparently he disagrees with what you've said earlier but that
now
all of a sudden you're making sense, without explanation. And I don't, it'd be delightful if he is and he did. Well, not for his team or the game really, but... oh you know what I mean.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

TheOtherFiction wrote:Hypothetically, yos2 is town and cobbler is scum. Everyone lynches me (revealing town), and points out what Cobbler says. He get lynched, revealing scum. So, people might think that Yos2 is a scum buddy because of the interaction on day 1 leading to my lynch. Yos2 gets lynched and is either werewolf or townie. (I could not IMAGINE why werewolves, with a night kill/smaller group would think its a good idea to throw themselves out there, but even if things do not happen as outlined, mafia are more likely to buddy to make misslynches happen or even lynches of wolves to get rid of the competition.)

This hurts my brain. Ow. I'd almost think you're town for it. But it hurts my brain too much for me to care. Okay, what? Why is Yos2 a werewolf, what am I in this hypothetical scenario? Do you even know what hypothetical means? Are you saying we're wolves and that I'm bussing him? But then you say it's unlikely for wolves to bus, so why aren't we mafia? Why are we even a scumteam? But you say he's hypothetically town and I'm scum? What are you going on about, sister?

UNVOTE:

This is just plain confusing and I really need you to explain what you meant in a more coherent manner.

Yos2 wrote:If you actually wanted him to answer your question and explain why I'm making sense, then why didn't you ask him that in a less loaded way, so you might actually get a real answer from him?

Um... Sorry where's the part where the loaded question prevents him from giving me a real answer?

Yos2 wrote:Your whole "You think Yos is making sense? ARE YOU HIS SCUMBUDDY" was just so totally out of left field, it feels more like a fake suspicion on your part then anything else.

It's not fake, it's real. I was asking him and explaining why I thought it was suspicious
at the same time
Yos2 wrote:And if you do think i wasn't making sense in that post, you haven't at all explained how or why you think that, which is really odd on your part.

The question isn't if it makes sense or not, it's why he thinks what you recently said makes sense, but not what you said earlier. (I think you've made plenty of sense.)
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 198, Sir Bastion wrote:he makes no sense so you unvote him?

This is a really strange game.

She's at L-1, I want an explanation without the risk of quickhammer.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Fiction wrote:@cobbler, What? I thought yos2 would be likely to be a werewolf or townie because, as I said in my hypothetical, that mafia are more likely to do that than wolves cause of group size.

I still don't get what you mean. And what alignment am I supposed to be?

iam wrote:His vote on TOF seems to be completely at odds with... pretty much every other post he's made. Not only has he shown no indication that he finds TOF scummy, besides the vote, he actually seems to be exclusively attacking other people on the same wagon that he is on. Cognitive dissonance all up the friggin' walls here.

I'm sorry, were you unaware that there were two scum teams?

SB wrote:no she was at L-2 Crypto moved his vote before you posted. (#185)

Ah, I was going by the votecount.

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 208, scooby wrote:Do you realize pressure it's a good thing for getting reads?

Do you really think someone can quickhammer in day 1?

Pressure is independent of the vote, I'd say.

You never know.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 212, TheOtherFiction wrote:
In post 209, Cobblerfone wrote:
Fiction wrote:@cobbler, What? I thought yos2 would be likely to be a werewolf or townie because, as I said in my hypothetical, that mafia are more likely to do that than wolves cause of group size.

I still don't get what you mean. And what alignment am I supposed to be?

Any anti town position, but more likely a mafia because wolves wouldn't be as prone to the plan as mafia due to number of there group. It was an explanation for some reason that isn't worth looking up. I was disproving someone's claim, but I don't remember what it is.

Scooby, I haven't claimed yet cause I have decided not to claim yet.

Wait. Huh? But if I'm mafia and Yosarian's a wolf how could we plan this? They're not on the same team, they don't know each other. Townslip?

Vote: Yosarian2

In post 213, iamausername wrote:
In post 209, Cobblerfone wrote:
iam wrote:His vote on TOF seems to be completely at odds with... pretty much every other post he's made. Not only has he shown no indication that he finds TOF scummy, besides the vote, he actually seems to be exclusively attacking other people on the same wagon that he is on. Cognitive dissonance all up the friggin' walls here.

I'm sorry, were you unaware that there were two scum teams?

No.

Why are you voting TOF?

@Cobblerphone: Why did you originally vote ToF? I don't think you've said yet why you did that.

The wolfslip and Yosarian's (who I think is mafia) case was convincing, except for that one bit that I pointed out earlier.

Also, while pressure and votes are seperate, I didn't want the idea of a wagon to fade away for those who were voting TOF and who've might've switched wagons.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

I'm town.

I still think Yos2 is mafia.

The Other Fiction has a towntell for not knowing how the scumteams work.

Return to “Completed Open Games”