pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:50 am

Post by pidgey »

Anyway equi, why do you say quilford is probably town because he says his "confirmed town"? Why is that too bold for scum? Too bold for scum is directing the town, leading all the lynches, etc. Not seeing what you say here.
-----------------
Sup
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 914, Equinox wrote:so uh

Good news is that I'm caught up. Bad news is that I'm confused as all hell, and this game gives me a headache.
[/b]

join the club

I have many town reads and no (strong) scumreads at this point
I think PofE might be the best way around this at this time. Use the townreads to deduce the scumreads

due to PofE and a small gut feel I'm thinking fat
may
not be as town as I once thought. I keep putting off reviewing him because I don't remember him doing that much wrong, but he just isn't as town to me as many of my other reads.
I'd vote him but It really does suck to be voted by someone when all they have is gut and you can't reason with them, and that's a bit unfair on fat, especially if he is town

In post 919, bvoigt wrote:
@Twistedspoon: That does make sense, I have to admit.

ta
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

slightly off topic but

@mod: is there a dead qt?

~Screwtape
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:21 am

Post by fatlikepig »

In post 923, pidgey wrote:
In post 915, Equinox wrote:
In post 875, pidgey wrote:Whoever thinks fat is town because he had a "slip" is dumb. He could be scum and could thought that. Or fake it. Or whatever. I myself thought we had to get all the scum since like 4 real life days ago, when I actually reread the opening post.

I have a question. You thought we had to get all the scum by the end of Day 1. Ergo, you misunderstood the setup. Why do you think it's unreasonable to attribute misunderstanding the setup as a town tell?

Because it can easily be faked (SH) or it can be an actual misunderstanding (fatpig). Im not saying this is the case here but no way am i giving anyone a free pass for something like that. Say, i also didnt knew if j was town or scum, i was gonna ask in the day if i wasnt nightkilled, but when J flipped i saw he was green and i said ok.

(also i thought that you had to get all the scum, period. Not all the scum before day 1 ended.)

I don't get it what you're trying to say here. If SH were scum, he'd know whether J was scum or not.
Sproink!
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:58 am

Post by pidgey »

It can be used as a fake slip to look like town that didnt knew what happened. He could be scum and fake that he didnt knew what he fliped as to appear town. Or something.

(again this is all a scenario. Could be or couldnt be the case. Im just trying to say that people should not give a free pass for stuff like this)
-----------------
Sup
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:48 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

bvoigt, I think those are almost always bad (barring Innocent Child etc) but not necessarily scummy. I don't know enough about Quil to judge if he's scum or just apathetic town based on those posts.
To be clear: quack
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 am

Post by bvoigt »

In post 930, SleepyKrew wrote:bvoigt, I think those are almost always bad (barring Innocent Child etc) but not necessarily scummy. I don't know enough about Quil to judge if he's scum or just apathetic town based on those posts.

All right, I asked because of this post, in which you said that calling yourself town is on a case-by-case basis. I was hoping you might contradict yourself, but you did not. (FTR, I don't consider this a towntell, because as scum, he could easily be saying his true town beliefs.)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Schneaky you. Now you should vote Amrun.
To be clear: quack
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote: pidgey

pidgey claims that clearing people based on "slips" is foolhardy because it can be faked or scum can misunderstand the setup, too; in the same breath, he gives an example of how he misunderstood the setup. This does not compute.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 925, pidgey wrote:Anyway equi, why do you say quilford is probably town because he says his "confirmed town"? Why is that too bold for scum? Too bold for scum is directing the town, leading all the lynches, etc. Not seeing what you say here.

Because screaming "I AM CONFIRMED TOWN" with self-meta attracts attention, whereas scum in this setup would be particularly nervous about attention.

Also, if Quilford is scum, he's basically jeopardized his chances of ever using self-meta in future games. While winning one game is important, one also needs to keep in mind all the other games. If Quilford only uses self-meta when he's town, his chances of winning games overall goes up because, by sheer probability, he'll draw town more often than not. If Quilford uses self-meta as scum in this game, he may win this game, but he won't win any other games where he tries to use self-meta.

I know that's a lot of WIFOM, but if Quilford's aware enough of his meta to reference it in his defense, he'll be aware of this.

Time to pick apart the Day 1 wagon. Separate post because this is going to take me a while.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Pidgey's continual denial of the validity of scum tells isn't sitting too well with me at the moment. Seems like the type of thing scum would do, keep their options, etc.
Sproink!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

SleepyKrew, what is your read of Twistedspoon? What do you think of Twistedspoon using meta to defend Nobody Special toward the end of Day 1?
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Edit: Oops, meant towntells, not scumtells. Silly me.
Sproink!
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

My vote is doing nothing. ime to place it
VOTE: fat
In post 935, fatlikepig wrote:Pidgey's continual denial of the validity of scum tells isn't sitting too well with me at the moment. Seems like the type of thing scum would do, keep their options, etc.

So you didn't mention this before equinox voted pidgey first?
Need the protection of ol' Equinox before you choose your myslynch?

You won't call out pidgey for being suspect until equinox makes the first move

Like I say fat, I suspect you greatly, and I'm happy for you to add to the fire.
I'll iso you soon

In post 933, Equinox wrote:
Vote: pidgey

pidgey claims that clearing people based on "slips" is foolhardy because it can be faked or scum can misunderstand the setup, too; in the same breath, he gives an example of how he misunderstood the setup. This does not compute.

my impression of what he was saying we all do silly mistakes (an example being himself) but that's no reason to see everyone as conf. town.

pidgey isn't a great vote imho, and If I find you on two myslynch wagons equinox then I'm seriously going to consider you D3

~Screwtape
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 938, Twistedspoon wrote:If I find you on two myslynch wagons equinox then I'm seriously going to consider you D3

*stares at Twistedspoon*
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

TS wrote:So you didn't mention this before equinox voted pidgey first?
Need the protection of ol' Equinox before you choose your myslynch?

lolno

I asked pidgey a question clarifying his position before I went to exams today. I responded after I came back.
Sproink!
jerobbo
jerobbo
Goon
jerobbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by jerobbo »

Not sure about getting on a Pidgey wagon yet. He's on my 'unsure' list rather than 'possible scum' list right now.

But the fact your vote is still on Quilford? Think we all need to agree that SH and Quilford are town, especially after what Equinox said about the meta stuff. That's some good reasoning right there. Equi is probably town as well and TS probably is too. My list is narrowing.
Show
Woahhhh hang on.

After the 29th misspelling of my name, please feel free to just call me jer.

Currently in
games. Completed
games. See my wiki for details.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:41 am

Post by pidgey »

Equi- don't understand your vote on me? Yeah I missunderstood the setup a bit, I say that and you vote me? Ok. Anyway, yes I think that no one should get a free pass because of a slip. I don't even think that SH and fat were scum (at least not yesterday). But if they start doing scummy stuff should I give them a free pass? Lol no. Anyway I'm town. Equi seems kinda in the middle to me to be honest.

Also meta as an offense is ok. Its ok when people think someone is playing differently as when they played as town or something. But self meta sucks. And I never use self meta, or even rarely use meta as an offense. People play differently and evolve. Or they play differenltly just because they want.My vote on quilford is because his play has sucked. Him saying "I'm town confirmed cause of self meta" does little to me.

On the other hand, fatlikepig jumping on an opinion when he had multiple chances to do so before is bad.

vote: fatlikepig
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:48 am

Post by pidgey »

Equi. Do you think I'm claiming scum because I say scum can missunderstand the setup too and then I say I missunderstood it?

That does not compute to me.
-----------------
Sup
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 939, Equinox wrote:
In post 938, Twistedspoon wrote:If I find you on two myslynch wagons equinox then I'm seriously going to consider you D3

*stares at Twistedspoon*

so you'd find a player who had a hand in lynching 2 townies not suspicious at all? :neutral:

~Screwtape
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:34 am

Post by fatlikepig »

The irony of pidgey's vote, it's hilarious.
Sproink!
Fruit Basket
Fruit Basket
Goon
Fruit Basket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Fruit Basket »

In post 944, Twistedspoon wrote:

*stares at Twistedspoon*

so you'd find a player who had a hand in lynching 2 townies not suspicious at all? :neutral:

can you explain your usage of the :| smiley here? thanks. (not interested in the rest, want to know why you chose to use this particular smiley)
Fruit Basket
Fruit Basket
Goon
Fruit Basket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Fruit Basket »

In post 912, Amrun wrote:TS giving me townvibes... Having a hard time moving on from my intense c_p scumread, though.

^ bullshit and fake
Fruit Basket
Fruit Basket
Goon
Fruit Basket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Fruit Basket »

yeah, i dislike bvoigt's town versus town thing, that's it, it's a phrase that raises my hackles in general.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 946, Fruit Basket wrote:
In post 944, Twistedspoon wrote:

*stares at Twistedspoon*

can you explain your usage of the :| smiley here? thanks. (not interested in the rest, want to know why you chose to use this particular smiley)

It's an inquisitive of sceptical smiley
In post 947, Fruit Basket wrote:
In post 912, Amrun wrote:TS giving me townvibes... Having a hard time moving on from my intense c_p scumread, though.

^ bullshit and fake

which part?

~Screwtape

Return to “Completed Open Games”