Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Primate »

haha, I just realised we got funkybike to claim seer targets after he'd claimed vanilla.

:derp:
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:04 am

Post by StefanB »

So you decied to lynch again:
funkybike1: scooby, iamausername,TheOtherFiction, SirBastion, Primate (lynch)
Scooby: Yosarian2, funkybike (L-3)
TheOtherFiction: Rhinox, Primate (L-3)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch

This time it must be a werewolf or mafia. Well you all are very convinced that funky is a bad guy. After you search him, you find nothing bad. After that you search it's house, nothink. No hair, not even an italian passport. As much as this will hurt some player, no evidence sugest that funkybike was a bad guy. Some people still don't seem to believe it. Do you believe the mod?

funkybike1 was a townie.

So you all go to sleep again. Only 1 normal townie remains, who will die this night, and will this be the end of this town?
(expired on 2011-11-15 22:04:17)
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:40 am

Post by StefanB »

You are now awake again. Anyone dead, check. Yes poor Rhinox is dead. Oh poor townie Rhinoc... Wait a second!!!! Is that a gun that he has (still waiting for his silverbullets). Yep it is! You investigate further and look:
Rhinox was mafia.

So with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Sorry for beeing so late.
(expired on 2011-11-30 07:42:00)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

Oh come on really???

Bah go mafia :(
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:12 am

Post by iamausername »

We must lynch a wolf today, or they win.
Wolf must then kill mafia, or
they
win.
Then we have to lynch the other wolf, and then the remaining mafia.

I've been thinking about the best way to play this, and I think this is it: I am the seer. I have a guilty result. But I'm not going to say who it is until everybody has the chance to counterclaim me.

Clearly, if I claimed my guilty, it would be in their interest to counterclaim. But if the wolves don't know which one of them I've caught, they risk outing their entire team if the wrong one claims. If they don't take the risk, nobody counters, and we have a guaranteed wolf lynch. If they take the risk and get it wrong, we have both wolves caught.

Of course, if they take the risk and get it right, then it may entirely look like I am a wolf who planned to do this and claim to have a guilty on the real seer. We'll cross that bridge if we have to.

Everyone should now post and say nothing but "I am not the seer", unless they're a wolf who feels like taking the gamble.

So, wolves, what do you say? You feeling lucky, punks?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Primate »

<-Not seer.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I am not the seer.

This is either the stroke of luck we needed, or a strong wolf-gambit on Iamusername's part, since he's right, one mislynch today and the town can't win. If someone else is the real seer, then they need to counterclaim immediately. Otherwise, we lynch his guilty.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
TheOtherFiction
TheOtherFiction
Townie
TheOtherFiction
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 am

Post by TheOtherFiction »

Not seer.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I am not the Seer

BUT

neither are you.

I am pretty confident that you and TOF are the remaining mafia and this is a mafia gamble.

Every outcome of this gamble benefits the mafia and only one benefits the town. (that one being that you hit a wolf and they go for you tonight) But you are blatantly goading the real seer to come out and challange you by your entire post ignoring the mafia gamble. You painted yourself up as a possible wolf just so the real seer jumps at you and reveals himself to the real wolves. And the odds of claiming on a real wolf would increase.

And I know your not the seer because you are the one who put forward the hypocopping in the first place and there is no way from how you have been playing that you are WIFOM enough to trust in the wolves not killing the person who suggested hypocopping in the hope he was the seer. If you were on that level of WIFOM you would not have stayed on the funkybike wagon so much you would played closer to the level of your replacement Elmo did which was push outside the box, but you've been playing it safe.

I also know it was you rhinox and TOF that are scum because of your hypo results. The three of you dont cross at all. Every other player names someone in common with someone else but the three of you have no crossing over. Clearly you started the hypocopping suggestion on day 2 which Rhinox encouraged and the three of you picked different people so that regardless of who gets lynched there is a high chance one of you would be in the clear to claim seer if needed (if a wolf had been caught between day 2 and now it could have wiped out only 1 of the three of you.

just so everyone can see it firsthand:

IAMUSERNAME SAID:
Hiraki is not a wolf! Primate is not a wolf!

RHINOX said:

yos is not a wolf.
TOF is not a wolf.

TOF said

If I am Seer, Sir B is not a wolf and Rhinnox is not a wolf.

But like I said I am not stopping this.

I've run the alternatives through my head over and over, unless the real seer counter claims with a genuine answer you have the best odds of catching a wolf.

THE REAL SEER DO NOT COUNTER CLAIM UNLESS YOU HAVE A GUILTY!!!

otherwise you will hand the game to the mafia if the gamble works.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 533, Sir Bastion wrote:I am not the Seer

BUT

neither are you.

I am pretty confident that you and TOF are the remaining mafia and this is a mafia gamble.

Every outcome of this gamble benefits the mafia and only one benefits the town. (that one being that you hit a wolf and they go for you tonight) But you are blatantly goading the real seer to come out and challange you by your entire post ignoring the mafia gamble. You painted yourself up as a possible wolf just so the real seer jumps at you and reveals himself to the real wolves. And the odds of claiming on a real wolf would increase.

And I know your not the seer because you are the one who put forward the hypocopping in the first place and there is no way from how you have been playing that you are WIFOM enough to trust in the wolves not killing the person who suggested hypocopping in the hope he was the seer. If you were on that level of WIFOM you would not have stayed on the funkybike wagon so much you would played closer to the level of your replacement Elmo did which was push outside the box, but you've been playing it safe.

I also know it was you rhinox and TOF that are scum because of your hypo results. The three of you dont cross at all. Every other player names someone in common with someone else but the three of you have no crossing over. Clearly you started the hypocopping suggestion on day 2 which Rhinox encouraged and the three of you picked different people so that regardless of who gets lynched there is a high chance one of you would be in the clear to claim seer if needed (if a wolf had been caught between day 2 and now it could have wiped out only 1 of the three of you.

just so everyone can see it firsthand:

IAMUSERNAME SAID:
Hiraki is not a wolf! Primate is not a wolf!

RHINOX said:

yos is not a wolf.
TOF is not a wolf.

TOF said

If I am Seer, Sir B is not a wolf and Rhinnox is not a wolf.

But like I said I am not stopping this.

I've run the alternatives through my head over and over, unless the real seer counter claims with a genuine answer you have the best odds of catching a wolf.

THE REAL SEER DO NOT COUNTER CLAIM UNLESS YOU HAVE A GUILTY!!!

otherwise you will hand the game to the mafia if the gamble works.

lol
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by iamausername »

if we don't lynch a wolf today, the mafia lose too

the mafia have absolutely no reason to claim seer, it does not benefit them in any way

hurry up scooby
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 535, iamausername wrote:if we don't lynch a wolf today, the mafia lose too

Yes I am completely in agreement with this. I said so in my post.

the mafia have absolutely no reason to claim seer, it does not benefit them in any way

Wrong.

You said it yourself, the wolf needs to lynch a mafia to stay in the game. By claiming Seer and taking the gamble of increasing the odds of catching a wolf by lowering the number in the pool. You increase the mafia chances of winning. If the gamble pays off You will appear as Seer so the remaining wolf wont touch you which means of the remaining players only 1 is mafia and 2 are town increasing the odds of a town kill and a mafia win straight away tomorrow.

I dont want that. I want you to get the wolf but I want the remaining wolf to kill you so it puts the town ahead.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Primate »

Hey SirB good way to get yourself in with the only person in the game who doesn't know for a fact you are scum. (also: lol)

If scooby claims seer I am going to punch him in the face.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by iamausername »

so my nefarious plan is to guess who a wolf is, claim to be the seer with a guilty on that wolf so he gets lynched, and then just hope the real seer doesn't counterclaim for some reason?

that's what you're going with?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by scooby »

i am not the seer.

i really really doubt this is a gambit
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

Cool.

Yos is a wolf, and we shall be lynching him today, but first, we should give him the opportunity to share his thoughts on who his partner should be killing tonight.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Primate »

In post 540, iamausername wrote:Cool.

Yos is a wolf, and we shall be lynching him today, but first, we should give him the opportunity to share his thoughts on who his partner should be killing tonight.
There are upsides and downsides to this. Interesting to see if he does it.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by scooby »

In post 540, iamausername wrote:Cool.

fuken called it, specially after the "this could be a gambit" backdoor.

i think yosa is capable of wifomize this shit but anyways lets just see what he can come up with
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 538, iamausername wrote:so my nefarious plan is to guess who a wolf is, claim to be the seer with a guilty on that wolf so he gets lynched, and then just hope the real seer doesn't counterclaim for some reason?

How does it hurt the mafia if the real seer counterclaims?

Well its all mute now, after yesterday yos2 was null/scum to me (only not being on the funky wagon made me think he wasnt mafia.) but after rhinox and my gut telling me I know who the mafia are I would say he is looking more and more likely a wolf candidate and I didnt have him pegged as possible Seer anyway.
Scum:

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:26 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 543, Sir Bastion wrote:
In post 538, iamausername wrote:so my nefarious plan is to guess who a wolf is, claim to be the seer with a guilty on that wolf so he gets lynched, and then just hope the real seer doesn't counterclaim for some reason?

How does it hurt the mafia if the real seer counterclaims?

Because everybody knows that one or the other of the claimed seers is scum, and everyone will assume the lying one is a wolf because IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR MAFIA TO CLAIM SEER, and therefore one of the claimed seers will probably be lynched, which is a lose either way for mafia because neither of them are wolves.

Why are you still arguing with facts. I am the seer. If I was not the seer, the real seer would tell you. Nobody has told you, because nobody else is the seer, because I am the seer.

If you are the townie and we lose this game because you continue believing that there is a phantom seer refusing to counterclaim lying scum for no fucking reason tomorrow I will literally track you down and punch you in the nads. There is one (1) seer in this game. There is one (1) person who has claimed to be the seer. It is not difficult to find the seer in that situation.

P.S. Yos, if you don't feel like dropping some knowledge for fear of outing your partner, could you let us know so we don't sit around waiting for godot. Thanks.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vote:Iamausername

Now would be a good time for the real seer to stop screwing around and counterclaim him.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

Fair enough.

VOTE: Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

There's only two possibilities here; either Iamausername is not the real seer and is a wolf going for the win, in which case the real seer needs to speak up pronto, or he is the real seer, but he has no useful results so he's faking a guilty in lynch or lose to try to control the lynch.

If you're a wolf, I expect the real seer is going to counterclaim at which point things are going to get really interesting, but if you're just gambling and faking a guilty on me, quit it, you're going to cost the town the game.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

confirming that I am not faking a guilty and you all may now proceed with lynching Yos
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by scooby »

In post 547, Yosarian2 wrote:There's only two possibilities here; either Iamausername is not the real seer and is a wolf going for the win, in which case the real seer needs to speak up pronto, or he is the real seer, but he has no useful results so he's faking a guilty in lynch or lose to try to control the lynch.

If you're a wolf, I expect the real seer is going to counterclaim at which point things are going to get really interesting, but if you're just gambling and faking a guilty on me, quit it, you're going to cost the town the game.

LOL

Vote: Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Open Games”