Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:30 am

Post by Sugar »

I'll cast the final vote. But here are some thoughts:
If Beaudoin is the bad guy we suspect him to be, wasn't Werebear more than a bit hesitant to lynch? But then, if Beaudoin is innocent... maybe we should have a closer look at those out for his blood (yes, I realize that includes me). I'm looking closer at MatthewV and mikegoo, based on their posts this game day.
Vote: Beaudoin
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:17 am

Post by jeep »

With that, Beaudoin, mafia is lynched. Story to come, night choices appreciated ASAP, but you have 48 hours to get them to me. (Sunday 2pm PST)

-JEEP
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:54 am

Post by cuban smoker »

*bing* *bing* *bing* :!:
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:42 pm

Post by jeep »

The town, stoked after finding a mafia yesterday, gather to start the new day. Unfortunately, you realize quickly that quercitron is not around. A quick search of his house and you find him dead.

quercitron, townie, was killed by the mafia

-JEEP
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:20 am

Post by Werebear »

Sugar, I've been in a few situations recently where either I have been lynched before I can say anything (amazing, isn't it? the lynch happened on a semi-cop's guess, and i was lynched within a few hours - and my town role was unkillable at night) or people have been lynched before they can talk. Read other games I'm in, and you'll see similar messages to the one concerning Beaudoin. I am more than willing to lynch people, even ones who haven't spoken, but I'm in no particular HURRY to.
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:20 pm

Post by MatthewV »

I must say that Im
less
suspicious of mathcam. However, I still wonder... Most of my posts from yesterday were a test to see his reaction...i guess he passed it enough
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:58 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

Now would be a great time for a cop (assuming they're not all dead...) to come forward and tell us who is innocent, and who is not. Any volunteers? No...?

vote: MatthewV
He's the most suspiscious person among us, I think we can all agree.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:59 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, first and foremost, a hearty congratulations to us...though three of our comrades have been felled in the dark of night, our lynchings have been dead-on accurate. Now to the matters at hand:

First, shouldn't the doctor also have some information? There was a night without a kill...either the doctor knows an innocent (the person they protected), or the mafia chose not to kill for a night. That would seem odd to me. So there's probably a doctor, and he/she probably knows an innocent. Whether or not they should come forth with one innocent name, I'm not sure.

As for suspicions, boy do I have many. I'm somewhat suspicious of Werebear simply because there's been little suspicion cast on him all game. Though I can appreciate CS's metagame analysis argument for why werebear might not be mafia, I'm certainly not confident enough in that argument to proclaim werebear a surefire townie.

I was less suspicious of MatthewV when he was attacking me full force than I am now...it seemed like a non-mafia type thing to do to really focus in one person and go all out. But now there's been a retraction and I"m not sure how to take that.

CubanSmoker seems most innocent to me, with Sugar falling close behind.

Old voting notes:
- Beaudouin cast the deciding vote to kill Nyar, both mafia
- MatthewV was the only one to not vote for Nyar
- MatthewV
did
, however, vote for Beaudouin, though it was a landslide by that point anyway.
- MatthewV did bring up the "lurking man theory" of Beaudouin, which certainly helped get him lynched.
- Though I believe there's a defense in there somewhere, Werebear
was
very relucatant to vote Beaudouin for a while, and one was of the (very) few who never did.

In conclusion, for me it's a tossup currently between MatthewV and Werebear, but I'll go
Vote: Werebear

CS, if you want to reiterate your argument for Werebear, I'm all ears. Maybe I didn't understand it in full the first time, but it seems like you're putting an awful lot of weight on it.

Cam

Actually,
Unvote: Werebear, Vote: MatthewV
. Indecisivity rules again!
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:05 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Indeed, I have very little besides the metagame reason. Werebear could very well be guitly. Hmmm... I missed Matthew fingering Beaudoin. This could be important.

unvote: MatthewV

I think I want to hear from all of our players... Hmm...

The doctor shouldn't come out with only one innocent, especially because I think its me!

Let's see, who's left... This is not cool, I only think mathcam and Sugar are purely innocent. mikegoo reacted properly to his accusations, Werebear has...

nothing besides the metagame reason. Perhaps IS was not concerned about leaving his "newbie" mafia partners behind.

vote: Werebear
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:10 pm

Post by mikegoo »

vote: werebear
I don't have any strong suspicions at this point. MathewV's behavior yesterday makes me not too worried about him being mafia which is why I didn't join CS's first vote...I have no problems with this one though.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:19 pm

Post by Sugar »

Mathcam and CS are the only other players in this game whose innocence i'm quite sure about - mathcam based on his pro-town posts, and CS because he was targeted/protected at night, while by day he's been nailing Mafia. Everyone else has convinced me of their innocence at various points in the game, but if you were all innocent, this game would be over. Werebear's looking least innocent to me today, so once again I am following CS's lead.
Vote: Werebear
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:03 pm

Post by MatthewV »

I know that Im one of the "more suspicious people" so ill say this before its too late: In future days
let me post before killing me
I can only post past 11:30 AK time= 3am EST

i dont see how many votes it takes to kill, but i think we already have a majority of three. I wont vote for werebear because I think he should have a chance to talk, if he isnt already dead.
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:32 am

Post by Werebear »

Thanks for not killing me. I will gladly post my role...

I am a doctor with a limited number of saves. I was told I'm a "Doc Hex" with only 6 saves I can use throughout the game.

Night 1 I protected Sugar.
Night 2 I protected quercitron. (and was informed I could use more than one save a night)
Night 3 I protected mathcam - and that was the night of nokill.
Night 4 I splurged, as the number of townies was dwindling, and protected mathcam again, as well as cuban smoker - who I wasn't as sure of, but it couldn't hurt.

This leaves me with one left, so I don't mind posting my role, as the town gets two pieces of information out of it, first the name of someone who was actually protected the night of nokill, and knowledge of my role - now that it's mostly used.

Any questions?
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:38 am

Post by Werebear »

Oh, yeah, one point for MatthewV in my book - he could have come up with some decisive argument about how suspicious I am and lynched me before I had a chance to talk, but he didn't.

Also, since there is only one killing group, about how many mafia do you think Jeep would have put in here?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:06 am

Post by mathcam »

I'd put money on there being one more mafia...but I guess four is quite possible. But I'm somewhat baffled as to who...Werebear is somewhat convincing. It seems like an awfully intricate role just to have pulled out of thin air. Do we think he's the only doctor?

Maybe back to mikegoo? I'm confused.

Cam
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:35 am

Post by jeep »

vote count: 4 to lynch

werebear 3 (cuban smoker, mikegoo, sugar)
matthewv 1 (mathcam)

-JEEP
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:14 pm

Post by MatthewV »

vote sugar

I dunno, but all I seem to have left to choose from is sugar and mikegoo...Im willing to give mikegoo half a break for being a replacement. I just havent seen Sugar add any new evidence and has been simplely following.

oh, i realize this when im not tired but I do get to post at sane hours on mondays, wednesdays, fridays and the weekends :P of course, on tuesday night it seems like every night is like that...
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:33 pm

Post by mikegoo »

I'll buy it...
unvote werebear
...and process of elimination leaves me wanting to
vote sugar
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:58 pm

Post by Sugar »

unvote:Werebear
because i'm convinced.
MatthewV - yes, it's true that I've been mainly following cs's lead, a fact which I've readily admitted more than once. As to my lack of adding "new evidence"... well, nobody has done that this game day except for Werebear, really. Everything else is mainly opinion, gut feelings, reactions, etc. And at this point, my opinion is that you and mikegoo seem to be defending each other quite a bit.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:43 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Argh! I've been deflated... Assuming that Werebar speaks the truth, I was not protected... My inflamed ego is bruised...

unvote: Werebear

Critical information has been gained by those not voting to kill Werebear when they had the chance. MatthewV is looking cleaner and cleaner, and we have very little against sugar. I love this game that likens itself to a crap shoot.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:53 am

Post by Werebear »

cuban smoker wrote:My inflamed ego is bruised...

ROFL, sorry, Cuban. About my bandwagon, I had given no indication to anyone of my role or innocence, so voting me WAS the logical thing to do. I think after lunch, I'll reread the whole thread, and see if it sheds any light on the matter. Cuban, MatthewV, Sugar, mikegoo... prepare to be analyzed.

This next bit is for Sugar.

Aha! I'll bounce off that flagpole and vault to safety!
*SNAP* (wub wub wub wub)
Aha! I'll bounce off that large, flat surface and be in a lot of pain!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:01 am

Post by mathcam »

I guess I too kind of suspect the MatthewV/mikegoo mafia pair, but that really feels like a lot of mafia. We've lynched mafia 2 out of 3 times, at pretty decent odds, so if there were 2 mafia left, I'd be ready to pronounce this game ridiculously stacked for the mafia (though I guess our investigative role did die pretty early, which kind of screwed us).

I've put some thought into this, and I think it's right for me to come out with some information at this time: I am the doctor. To mirror Werebear:

Night 1 - I protected Cuban Smoker
Night 2 - I protected Quercitron (unknowingly redundant)
Night 3 - I protected Sugar (night of no kill)
Night 4 - I protected Cuban Smoker

If you want to debate the merits of me coming out with this information, then we can do so later. First, we should analyze the information I'm presenting. Since the night of the nokill, I've been assuming Sugar was a 100% townie, since no one died on the night I protected him. I (apparently foolishly) neglected the possibility of their being another doctor or doctor-like role. In hindsight, if were are to believe Werebear, I tend to think that it was actually me targeted by the Mafia rather than Sugar. Sugar had been looking suspicious the day before, so why lynch Sugar? Also, if the mafia DO have investigative roles, and found out I was a doctor, I would make for a prime target. So I now remove Sugar from my list of top innocents. This isn't, to say, that there's a vote or even an FOS coming his way from me. Sugar unvoted me to cast the deciding vote against that mafia scum Nyarlatothep on page 5, which is somewhat convincing.

I've just reread through every post, and I'm pretty sure my vote is going to MatthewV or mikegoo, I just can't figure which. Cuban, can you like compile a list of all the reasons why we're not voting for you? All I have this vague thought that you're innocent because of your list...you probably wouldn't make a list just to finger your mafia allies, but there were probably non-mafia up in the list also, and you could have just been hoping. Is there anything more concrete?

Last, if there are any more townie roles, I would encourage them to come forward with any information now. Putting all this information together may give us enough to make a clean sweep. And what with two doctors acting tonight, there's a good chance you wouldn't be targeted.

Super ast, we need a proposal for how Werebear and I will act tonight. I would propose the following: Werebear, with his one shot left, will protect me and only me, if anyone. I will protect someone at semi-random from the group of not-me. I think Werebear should roll, for example, a 10-sided dice and protect me on 1 through 6 and save his one protection on a 7 through 10. This makes it slightly less advantageous for the mafia to go after me, and gives Werebear a chance of keeping his power for another night. Suggestions?

Cam
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:59 am

Post by mikegoo »

Now I'm asking myself...would Jeep make a game with a cop, a pseudo cop, a full doc, and a super doc (having "only" six use anytime saves is very powerful IMO)? Answer...I don't know. It seems unbalanced to me, but I haven't put much tought into balancing mini games.

Anyone else have tohughts on this?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”