Mini 1310: I Got My Eye On You Mafia (Game Over!)

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by CSL »

I am ashamed to admit that I have no answer to that.

I'm gonna get to work on my weekend assessment. Seeya on Monday. :D
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Korlash »

Amrun wrote:This was about Lopsy. You didn't EXACTLY call her scum -- (I misremembered when paraphrasing) -- but the threat isn't very veiled. There are more of them in the post in question. You are extremely condescending to her, undermining her arguments on faulty basis, and implying that if she was smart and mature, she would vote with you. The veiled threat is this: if you do what I want, I won't attack you, but I COULD, so you better watch your step!

There's absolutely no town motivation in that.

She misunderstood me and ended up calling me scum for 'having a different opinion then she did' when in reality I had the same opinion. I may not have been super friendly, but I don't remember ever suggesting I would or could attack her. I did that with DW sure, going so far as to outline what I would and could say if and when that time came, but I don't remember saying anything of the sort to Lopsy... let me reread that...

Oh I see, that line about turning it around on her. Naw, that was me implying how bad her case was and how easy it could be to turn around if I were scum and looking for easy outs. But if you took it as a threat... cool beans I guess. If I can get you riled up over irrelevant stuff, more info for me at the end of the day.

Alright, I'll get caught up as soon as I can safely get this cat off my chair...
This could take a while folks... She looks tired and mean...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Nooo

Why are you lynching lucky wtf, iirc he was obv town from the d1 activities

D:

Explain.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.8:

DeltaWave - IceGuy, iStark, Malthusis
Om of the Nom - ActionDan
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani - Korlash, BBmolla
Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy
Luckyjt - Om of the Nom, CSL, Amrun

Not Voting: DeltaWave

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-04-05 15:06:38)

DeltaWave has been prodded.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Korlash »

Moth Omen wrote:That was amusingly fun to answer :V

Oh, that's a relief. i thought it was way over the top. Well if you had fun and I had fun and everyone else is going "what the hell did I just witness" then it was a good day for all of us I think. Yes yes, quite quite...

Moth Omen wrote:Scumteams without flips are kinda stupid. As there isn't very much to base them off, and everyone can be a scum team with someone else if you can find a connection. Where as with at least one scum flip, all the connections will be based around that person v

I suppose. Although coming up with a scum pair and using that to grill them (along with solo stuff as well mind you) can be a useful scum hunting tool. I'm against calling someone scum due entirely to partnerlinks most of the time, but I'll still mention them if they seem incredibly obvious. As my play so far should illustrate.
iStark wrote:@Bolded, Why?
I think it works well if scum is noob and especially person in question(Rylai) is active lurker.

I'm just defending my strongest town read, I would really hate it if he get's mis-lynched on D-1 due to his way of scum hunting ended up diluting pressure of some one elses wagon unintentionally.
What wrong with that?

How does it make sense that he puts pressure on someone by forgetting he had suspicions of that person? Makes no sense mate. That is literally the definition of taking pressure off I think.

I'm also not in the business of assuming scum is noob or lurker... The majority of my games lost is actually due to this thinking right here, but I'm just not willing to play that way... Sigh... That's why I rely on you fellas to cover my ass in this regard.

Can you reclearify to me what makes him your "strongest town read"?

Moth Omen wrote:Pages 2-4 make me think kondi-scum, Lucky-scum, Lopsy makes a lot of excuses, though I still think Lopsy-town, and I'm slightly leaning on iStark-town too. The rest are basically null so far.

Funny... I spent the first couple of pages thinking Lucky-scum too but lost sight of that when V2V and the others started poping up... I don't know, I might be willing to listen to that one since it will be better than a Delta lynch.

iStark wrote:Also, some one needs to explain why I can't put up the Signature ~.~?
It doesn't show up ;-;

Is it too long? There is a character limit.

Actiondan wrote:Second. korlash and iStark, you are both town (seriously Korlash is obvtown and for istark just skim through a certain ongoing mini-theme game involving vampires and teenage girl vampire slayers QED.) your arguing with each other has a negatie side effect of cluttering the thread (I only skimmed it).

I disagree... The discussion may not be as useful or stimulating as I would have hoped but it's the only real chance I've had to deal with my scum reads. (Since two of them are gone and one is ignoring me) It may not seem like much, but that's hardly reason to say it's negative and cluttering up the thread.

iStark wrote:@Korlash, Why don't we put Glass matter on hold and look over who is right and who is wrong after results from N1 on D2?

You can stop whatever you want, but I won't 'set my suspicions aside' to deal with them at another time. That's preposterous. i think Glass is likely scum, and you're defending him, thus my discussion with you is a viable source of information in my opinion and it would go against my win condition to drop my suspicions just because other players are whining that I'm talking too much.

Question+verb wrote:-Blegh, Korlash's arguments for lynching DW are really fucking terrible. So terrible that I retract my townvibes. It's even stupider because it's "hypothetical" and riding the wave of opportunity with no real commitment.

I disagree with most of this. I've made a huge commitment and stuck to it since posting that. I've said since I started I feel Delta is town and shouldn't be lynched. That's as committed as you can get. My reasoning for lynching him (should it come to it) are also valid, especially since my prediction is coming true. If there is too much support from the player base to lynch Delta, we cannot lynch scum. Thus, we must lynch Delta.

I'll give you it's stupid that it was all hypothetical, but none of it is wrong.

Alright... I'd rather lynch Kondi's slot if we're going the route of pick and choose someone scummy but I suppose if it keeps Delta off the chopping block I'll look into Lucky... Sigh... I don't get why there isn't support for V2V... If only to get him to pay more attention. :\

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Is anyone else having trouble posting? I can't seem to edit the OP at all.

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Post by malthusis »

All the new people are calling DW town, but haven't commented on the claim buisness. I'm starting to honestly get creeped out about whether I'm missing something profound here, because everyone's putting him on the top of their town lists... :neutral:

As well, you sort of skimmed over the part on how you found lucky to be newbscum. I haven't really read too in depth into him lately, but he honestly felt like newbtown trying too hard. If anything, I'd rather put that title on iStark instead.

@New guys: what did you think of DW's claim? What's the mysterious "smoking gun" that changes Lucky from newbtown to newbscum?
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by Luckyjt »

In post 213, Amrun wrote:I'm going to quickly skim through the archive and note any significant comments or questions in this post. PREPARE FOR INFODUMP!

-Early townread on Glass.

-Early scumread on lucky; he asks for others' opinions instead of giving his own. Notably, I also didn't like the solitary post I read of his above my last two posts. It's very forced-sounding. He's putting false pressure on me. "You better have something good to say!" It's just awkward.

-Oh God ... lucky, y u so scum? He's very jumpy on page 3 and full of mudslinging.
His suspects are the three people voting him. Wow, great case! But ... no vote.

-Early Lopsy townread.

-Ergh, lucky, deflection much?

-Early vijay townread.

-Not good vibes from IceGuy so far.

-
malthusis wrote:All you've been doing is asking questions of others and attacking people instead of actually trying to find scum.

I had to quote this to go LOLWAT? :? What do you think one does to find scum, malthusis? Hahaha. I find luckyjt scummy, but if he isn't scum, bet is on malthusis. They're not necessarily mutually exclusive, either; this could be scum/scum. Bit of a coaching vibe.

-
luckyjt wrote:You guys are not playing smart attempting to lynch someone who is posting their opinions on the round so far.

Yeah, that's scum perspective right there.

-However, malthusis' follow-up makes a lot more sense and I agree with him ... Less suspicious, but not feeling town for sure.

-lucky's defense is baaaaaad... So bad. It's full of deflection - "Who IS scumhunting? Was THAT guy's vote OMGUS?" and scummy cautiousness. "I can't be held accountable because I haven't voted yet!" Still, I sort of get the vibe that he believes this rubbish, so I'm a little conflicted.

-Mist Beauty seems townish so far, but strangely quiet.

-vijay strongest townread so far.

-iStark unvotes ActionDan because he isn't active, but votes IceGuy ... because he isn't active? WUT? Scummy.

-Ew, wtf, vijay, did you really try to hammer town on page 5 with no claim? Bye bye townread ... at least a little. This is too blatant for scum, but ew.

-I really don't like IceGuy. He's avoiding the game entirely and commenting on NOTHING of importance, which is really unlike him. He also says that one of lucky's attackers are scum, which heavily implies that he thinks lucky is town, but he is hesitant to say so, saying only that "he doesn't have a scum read" on him. He doesn't even say who on lucky's wagon is scum. Def scummy.

-Also, fail fakehammer, vijay, but you're still town.

-iStark not at all committed to his votes. hate it.

-Glass so town.

-Agree with malthusis; Rylai is lurker scummy.

-Feeling better about malthusis.

-Otto Von Clork p. bad. Idk if dumb or scum.

-IceGuy continues to active lurk...

-Early townread on ActionDan, despite totally disagreeing with him.

-Where the hell is DeltaWave?

-Otto's subsequent post isn't nearly as bad as the other.

-iStark is nervous to vote.

-What a hypocrite, iceguy. DW has been just about as active as yourself.

-Lopsy makes a great point about this exchange. IceGuy comes off the worst, though DW STILL not making any signficant comment about someone's alignment (or even voting IceGuy) isn't great either.

-IceGuy's "case" on kondi ... He doesn't even pretend to think kondi is scum. He just wants to get rid of kondi. That's not town motivated.

-Finally getting some weak Rylai townvibes. He demanded Glass' vote ... on HIM. That reads as genuine and not scum-motivated.

-Glass town decreasing. She was voting vijay, then she agrees with him, but doesn't vote with him... what.

-Once again ... Otto von Clark's analysis is soundly terrible, but not necessarily scummy. Anti-town and scummy are not at all interchangeable.

-
Lopsy wrote:It reminds me of math camp, where we called every problem "impossible" before we solved it and "trivial" afterwards.

Just wanted to say that this is cute.

-IceGuy continues to scum up the thread. Why would his paraphrase be a reason to vote him? Don't you think a fakeclaim would be more standard, instead of going out on a limb like that?

-Ew, people are going along with it. Terrible reasoning.

-malthusis push on DW is the worst.

-iStark supporting the wagon but not voting is supah scummy. He's fencesitting hard. Finally votes after IceGuy's soft claim... Opportunistic.

-Rylai more town.

-Glass more town.

-MB more town.

-IceGuy ... I don't know. I don't like what he's up to but it's making me waver a bit.

End of archived posts reads:

Townish (no particular order): Glass, DW, ActionDan, MistBeauty, Rylai, Lopsy, v2v

Scummy (no particular order): lucky, IceGuy, iStark

Null: malthusis, Otto

That bolded post, I said I had suspicions on glass and kondi then they voted for me not the way you said it. This argument may only work on Vijay but Ive explained my reasoning to death as to why I believe he was scum.

Also very contradictory in two of your posts. First you say Vijay is leaning scum, then you say "Also, fail fakehammer, vijay, but you're still town." And someone explained that if Vijay is scum and tried the fakehammer he was trying to get us to believe Kondi was town.

Finally the reason I said I wanted to hear from you is because you replaced Kondi my highest suspect as scum.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

@malthusis: DW's claim was null. He could have done it as either alignment.
Lucky is scum because something feels off about him.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by malthusis »

In post 233, Om of the Nom wrote:@malthusis: DW's claim was null. He could have done it as either alignment.
Lucky is scum because something feels off about him.

And iStark somehow isn't the same?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Nope, I've played with iStark-town. And he is playing very much the same as he did then.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by Korlash »

mal wrote:All the new people are calling DW town, but haven't commented on the claim buisness. I'm starting to honestly get creeped out about whether I'm missing something profound here, because everyone's putting him on the top of their town lists... :neutral:

As well, you sort of skimmed over the part on how you found lucky to be newbscum. I haven't really read too in depth into him lately, but he honestly felt like newbtown trying too hard. If anything, I'd rather put that title on iStark instead.

@New guys: what did you think of DW's claim? What's the mysterious "smoking gun" that changes Lucky from newbtown to newbscum?

I seem to remember having asked you a long time ago to tell me what it was that made you think his claim made him scum... Would you mind answering that so I can give my two cents?

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 232, Luckyjt wrote:That bolded post, I said I had suspicions on glass and kondi then they voted for me not the way you said it. This argument may only work on Vijay but Ive explained my reasoning to death as to why I believe he was scum.Also very contradictory in two of your posts. First you say Vijay is leaning scum, then you say "Also, fail fakehammer, vijay, but you're still town." And someone explained that if Vijay is scum and tried the fakehammer he was trying to get us to believe Kondi was town.Finally the reason I said I wanted to hear from you is because you replaced Kondi my highest suspect as scum.

You only suspected people that suspected you, and for poor or non-existent reasoning ... and didn't vote them! Then later, you tried to deflect suspicion because "you hadn't even voted them."

I did not say vijay was leaning scum. Town members can make stupid moves -- and fakehammering in and of itself isn't fail, I just think that execution was poor.

And that doesn't make any fucking sense. Why would scum fakehammer to convince town that kondi is town? Scum don't want to convince town that townies are TOWN; they want to MISLYNCH town.

As for the last, yes, fair enough, and I realized that as I read along.

BBmolla, you can't just say someone was obvtown early day 1 and give no reasoning. Clearly, very few people, if any, agree with that assessment.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

For some strange reason I can't edit the OP at all, so the 3rd post has been updated with Tierce's cache and the list of current players. When I get around to it it'll also have a list of VCs and prods and such, but eh...

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 237, Amrun wrote:BBmolla, you can't just say someone was obvtown early day 1 and give no reasoning. Clearly, very few people, if any, agree with that assessment.

Still leaning that Lucky is town and that one or more of the wagoners are scum(Vijay, Kondi, Lopsy). He's reading VI hardcore to me. Reminds me of SOAD from a newbie a while back.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Amrun »

None of that says why he is town.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

@Everyone who thought Glass was scum: Summarise why Glass was supposedly scum. Do you think that this slot is still scum now?

vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In post 237, Amrun wrote:
In post 232, Luckyjt wrote:That bolded post, I said I had suspicions on glass and kondi then they voted for me not the way you said it. This argument may only work on Vijay but Ive explained my reasoning to death as to why I believe he was scum.Also very contradictory in two of your posts. First you say Vijay is leaning scum, then you say "Also, fail fakehammer, vijay, but you're still town." And someone explained that if Vijay is scum and tried the fakehammer he was trying to get us to believe Kondi was town.Finally the reason I said I wanted to hear from you is because you replaced Kondi my highest suspect as scum.

You only suspected people that suspected you, and for poor or non-existent reasoning ... and didn't vote them! Then later, you tried to deflect suspicion because "you hadn't even voted them."

I did not say vijay was leaning scum. Town members can make stupid moves -- and fakehammering in and of itself isn't fail, I just think that execution was poor.

And that doesn't make any fucking sense. Why would scum fakehammer to convince town that kondi is town? Scum don't want to convince town that townies are TOWN; they want to MISLYNCH town.

As for the last, yes, fair enough, and I realized that as I read along.

BBmolla, you can't just say someone was obvtown early day 1 and give no reasoning. Clearly, very few people, if any, agree with that assessment.

Is it just me or does Amrun KNOW kondi is town here?
coming back after a 3 year break.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Amrun replaced kondi :V

vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

*awks* makes sense now.

I'm gonna chalk that one down to my headache. Ugh. Will post something worth reading in the next 24 hours at worst.
coming back after a 3 year break.
iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:00 am

Post by iStark »

@Amrun. welcome to the game and as to answer your question.
1.Marathi
2.Hindi
3.Sanskrit
4.English

In order which I learned them, and I can also understand and partially read other four languages.
Oh, well whatever I think it's getting better as I post more on this site.

About me unvoting action and then voting Ice: I thought Action was pretty much sure to be replaced soon [Time I unvoted:Feb 15, 2012 6:48 am] [Time I voted:Post #???? » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:40 am], not only that it was RVS vote I didnt see point in keeping it on him anymore, but in case of Ice I barely saw him around in thread yet he was active in other places, I was just trying to get his response to things & get him more involved.

@Korlash, I can reply to your Glass comments & have done already in past few posts, but as I said earlier this is only cluttering thread ( Which is also diluting pressure on some other players, if you didn't notice....) and we are not going to agree on this until he actually flips so, better let it rest.

About the Sig:No, it's hardly made of 30-50 digits approximately.

@CLS, you're vote placing is not making my view change about Rylai Crestfall's ( Copy pasted name ^^!) player slot.

I don't like you jumping on and off on two wagons in last two pages with no reasons.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:14 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I requested replacement, I'm in my last semester of law school and the work load is too much for me to support this game.

But I do want to say, that I am town as fuck. Also gut scum reads on Korlash and Lucky.

Good luck to my replacement. :P

(PS I've never replaced out of a game before, I am not used to flaking!)
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:18 am

Post by iStark »

Opps
CSL not CLS <,<'

@Om, why exactly are you preferring Lucky wagon over V2v's? I read your reads and both seems to be listed as scum, did I miss something?

Pre-EDIT:
@DW, It happens, don't worry about it
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I'm more confident in Lucky scum.

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Korlash »

Moth Omen wrote:@Everyone who thought Glass was scum: Summarise why Glass was supposedly scum. Do you think that this slot is still scum now?

Well, one time I saw him punch a baby in the head while laughing. Then he stole candy from a priest and petted a kitty the wrong way! The fiend!

But yeah, still scum. I'll get you a summery shortly, for now though I'm late for work...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”