mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:32 am

Post by mastin2 »

Yes, you are going to need to do this. I want on record what of his stances you 'agree' with. No, not passively showing what you disagree with. I want you committing to actual stances you will defend.
Alright. Let's do it the easy way. What Zdenek has said which I don't agree with, via his ISO. Going most recent to earliest.

*Has reached up to ISO 30*

...Nope, nothing yet.

Oh, right. ISO 30 has a MoI attack, which as noted I disagree with as I think you're town. So nothing I haven't already mentioned. Moving further up...and further up...seeing nothing different...I suppose ISOs 3 and above I mostly seem to disagree with, but then again, so does current-Zdenek. :P

There's virtually zero things in there which I disagree with, as I said before, soyeah.

Do you not agree that selective taking single sentances from posts to show 'scum play' and ignoring whole paragraphs that counteract his accusations is scummy as hell?
In theory? It should be. In practice? No, heck no; if anything, it's a towntell. :P

Also Mastin - you dodged the point about this being Multi-scum and having overlapping scum reads not being a Town tell. Why is that?
He actually divided his scumreads into teams, mind you--a feat not even I have done yet. I had ideas (LMP and Tammy being on different teams among them), but as I've not read the whole game (19 and counting), I am not sure. He on the other hand quite logically could explain who and why the members of each team are who he thinks they are--if anything, his scumreads are *better* than mine. :P If that doesn't make him town, then what would?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:51 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 1099, brizingre1 wrote:And
@MoI
Why did you make this post: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3942494, why is it different from the Fox claim?

Read the thread. I already answered kondi on this point.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:58 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

Mastin wrote:Alright. Let's do it the easy way. What Zdenek has said which I don't agree with, via his ISO. Going most recent to earliest.

Um no. Cut the bullshit.

Either quote or link to specific points of Zdenek’s which you think are Pro-Town or get shot overnight. Your choice.

Mastin wrote:In theory? It should be. In practice? No, heck no; if anything, it's a towntell.

Again cut the bullshit. It’s not a Town-tell and your pussy-footing around whether it is actually scummy or not is noted.

Mastin wrote:He actually divided his scumreads into teams, mind you--a feat not even I have done yet. I had ideas (LMP and Tammy being on different teams among them), but as I've not read the whole game (19 and counting), I am not sure.
He on the other hand quite logically could explain who and why the members of each team are who he thinks they are--if anything, his scumreads are *better* than mine. If that doesn't make him town, then what would?

Oh, so he’s taken bullshitting without reason to a higher level than you like to? Glad to understand your thought process.

The bold is funny … no his reads are crap. Whether they are better than yours remains to be seen as to how bad your play is this game.

And once again I know you are dodging the point I keep bringing up – in a multiscum game the opposite scum team has EVERY incentive to ‘authentically’ scum hunt the opposing faction for Town cred. You know this. You utilized it in that Large Normal Werewolf game some time ago when you were scum. That you keep trying to avoid commenting on it says plenty to me about your alignment.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:29 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 1078, Zdenek wrote:MoS, it's here. You jump to make an ill founded attack on Feysal for being crazy or stupid immediately after he posts his case on MoI.
In post 883, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Feysal you crazy if you seriously going to bother discussing whether or not MoI is actually MoI + Magua. I'm pretty sure the two of them would throw a ragefit if someone stole this hydra account name before they got to it. It's fairly obviously them, especially since MoI has already accidentally posted in the thread under his own account.

Derp more, please.

How is this a defense of MoI *OR* an attack on Feysal? This had nothing to do with whether either of them were scum, which is why I said it was stupid to be talking about it. I didn't say MoI wasn't scummy, and I didn't say Feysal
was
, nor did I imply such in any way. You're REALLY stretching to make that connection.

Unvote, Vote: Zdenek
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:31 am

Mod: Can we get a deadline extension to let the replacements catch up?
Permanent V/LA.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:42 am

Post by Pine »

Girls. I agree with the Zdenek wagon entirely, and if I make it through the night, will be pursuing it. But with a day and change left, we are NOT going to make it happen. Further votes on Zdenek today will be seen as an effort to divide the Town and secure a no-lynch.

Disregard the above if we get a reasonable deadline extension
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:02 am

Post by kondi2424 »

@Mod: Replacing out due to problems with a player
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:15 am

Let's take a look at where the Foxace wagon was (plus CD's vote, which came since the last VC)

11 -
Pine
, Foxace36,
MaguaofIllusion
, Shadoweh, brizingre1,
Jackal711
, AurorusVox, Empking, mastin2,
kondi2424
, CooLDog

Here's who has already been willing to vote Zdenek (counting Pine for this)

7 - Tammy, Pine, greenknight, MoI, kondi2424, Jackal711, MoS

If you take those people off the Foxace wagon, it loses 4 votes. That puts Foxace at 7 and Zdenek at 7 (and one of those is Foxace voting himself because he doesn't think any other wagon is viable). The Foxace wagon is no more viable than the Zdenek wagon at this point, Pine. Put your vote on the guy you actually think is scum.

If Pine and Foxace switched their votes, the Zdenek wagon would have 8 to Foxace wagon's 6. I don't see any reason to push for a wagon on a probable townie, when it doesn't even have the most support.
Permanent V/LA.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:26 am

Post by greenknight »

@People who keep saying "BUT OMG WE MIGHT END UP WITH A NO LYNCH"... stop it. There are enough vaguely competent players in this game not to let that happen.

@Zdenek: for example, asking questions is not a scum tell in isolation. You repeatedly insisting that it is doesn't make it one. Doing very little apart from asking questions can be a scum tell, but that's not the case here. IMO you haven't shown scum intent in her questions. Changing reads and accepting the possibility that the player you're accusing might be town isn't a scum tell either, especially not on day 1.

@Mastin: You agree with everything Zdenek has said regarding Tammy?
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:41 am

Post by Zar »

Hi. I'm a replacement to Guy-Named-Riggs.

I'm going to do re-reads and come back with thoughts later on the day.

Just in case.
UNVOTE.

Tammy: remind me again why you are using out of game META to defend?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1086, Jackal711 wrote:
In post 1085, Pine wrote:With the amount of time left, there's no way we'll rally support for anyone but Foxace today. Maybe if there'd been more enthusiasm for Zdenek, but there isn't. Besides, this doubles as a policy lynch if it's wrong.

Unvote
Vote: Foxace

FWIW I do support a Zdenek lynch, but left my vote on Foxace cause he's the most likely candidate for a day 1 lynch.

Zdenek's attacks and case on Tammy (who I believe is town) over the past few days read to me as scum trying to push a mislynch on a townie that could appear scummy if things are presented in the right manner.

What about my case on Tammy do you disagree with?
Why do you think she is so obviously town, that attacking her is a scum tell.

In post 1103, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
In post 1078, Zdenek wrote:MoS, it's here. You jump to make an ill founded attack on Feysal for being crazy or stupid immediately after he posts his case on MoI.
In post 883, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Feysal you crazy if you seriously going to bother discussing whether or not MoI is actually MoI + Magua. I'm pretty sure the two of them would throw a ragefit if someone stole this hydra account name before they got to it. It's fairly obviously them, especially since MoI has already accidentally posted in the thread under his own account.

Derp more, please.

How is this a defense of MoI *OR* an attack on Feysal? This had nothing to do with whether either of them were scum, which is why I said it was stupid to be talking about it. I didn't say MoI wasn't scummy, and I didn't say Feysal
was
, nor did I imply such in any way. You're REALLY stretching to make that connection.

Unvote, Vote: Zdenek

Feysal presents a case on MoI, and you call Feysal's post stupid for a terrible reason. It's defending MoI.
In post 1108, greenknight wrote:@Zdenek: for example, asking questions is not a scum tell in isolation. You repeatedly insisting that it is doesn't make it one. Doing very little apart from asking questions can be a scum tell, but that's not the case here. IMO you haven't shown scum intent in her questions. Changing reads and accepting the possibility that the player you're accusing might be town isn't a scum tell either, especially not on day 1.

I have never said that asking questions was a scum tell in islation. In fact, I've said the opposite and that it was a combination of Tammy's actions that made me think she was scum early.

The scum intent intent in directing someone's attention onto another person is clear. It creates conflict between them while staying out of it. The scum intent is asking questions about someone else's attack is that it is buddying with the person being attacked, it draws suspicion to the person making the attack and if the person is lynched and flips town, it earns the questioner credibility. The scum intent behind asking question in general is that it allows the player to appear active, while not taking stances on things.

Tammy still hasn't answered my questions and in particular the one asking her to give an example of how I've been misrepping her, which should be easy, since apparently, I've been doing it all game. Why people think she is town is beyond me.

Unvote
Vote:Foxace
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
trekker
trekker
Goon
trekker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:13 am

Post by trekker »

why would someone cool like magua team up with magnaofillusion? not cool
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:19 am

In post 1110, Zdenek wrote:
Feysal presents a case on MoI, and you call Feysal's post stupid for a terrible reason. It's defending MoI.

Yea, no. I called that part of his "case" stupid, because it has been OBVIOUS who is in that hydra the entire game, so to insinuate that any serious attempt was made to hide who they were is just completely retarded. That's not a defense of MoI, that's fucking common sense. Something that you seem to be lacking of late.
Permanent V/LA.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Zdenek »

Except that Feysal was never debating the makeup of the hydra.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:26 am

Exactly. Which is why I didn't "attack" Feysal after he explained as such. Hence why it's really CD's fault in the end for being the real problem here.
Permanent V/LA.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Well, I'm seeing that there's a wagon building up on Zdenek, however I have a stronger townread on him than on foxace, so:

VOTE: foxace
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 am

Post by Jackal711 »

In post 1086, Jackal711 wrote:
In post 1085, Pine wrote:With the amount of time left, there's no way we'll rally support for anyone but Foxace today. Maybe if there'd been more enthusiasm for Zdenek, but there isn't. Besides, this doubles as a policy lynch if it's wrong.

Unvote
Vote: Foxace

FWIW I do support a Zdenek lynch, but left my vote on Foxace cause he's the most likely candidate for a day 1 lynch.

Zdenek's attacks and case on Tammy (who I believe is town) over the past few days read to me as scum trying to push a mislynch on a townie that could appear scummy if things are presented in the right manner.

What about my case on Tammy do you disagree with?
Why do you think she is so obviously town, that attacking her is a scum tell.

Out of the two of you, she seems more town to me than you do. But I'm willing to consider the possibility that my read is incorrect, since I still have not yet done a complete read of this game.

With the deadline so close, I'm at the point where I'll support any wagon that seems likely to result in lynch, as in most mafia and especially a game this big it's better to have a lynch than no-lynch, even if it winds up being a town mislynch.

I'll sit and wait for now, as you appear more townie to me now based on your reaction to my post. As I've said in a post yesterday, I will attempt a full read of the thread (including the cached part from before the boards crash) during night phase and hopefully have some solid reads to post at the start of day 2.

UNVOTE:
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:16 am

Post by Seacore »

In post 1104, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Mod: Can we get a deadline extension to let the replacements catch up?

I'll allow another 24 hours on top of the last deadline posted. I think this game will be better served by having Night soon, as I keep losing players.

And once again looking for a replacement.

I'm v/la for the next 16 hours, but will check on phone as best I can
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Moneybags »

Yeah. So I get why we're claiming VT. But why are we claiming side specific VT. All you're doing is allowing the opposing maf to pick you out. Honestly claiming your side with the VT claim seems like an un-town thing to do. I'd honestly rather vote Zd. But if we're going the Fox route then I'll do that too.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Tammy »

The scum intent intent in directing someone's attention onto another person is clear. It creates conflict between them while staying out of it. The scum intent is asking questions about someone else's attack is that it is buddying with the person being attacked, it draws suspicion to the person making the attack and if the person is lynched and flips town, it earns the questioner credibility. The scum intent behind asking question in general is that it allows the player to appear active, while not taking stances on things.

Tammy still hasn't answered my questions and in particular the one asking her to give an example of how I've been misrepping her, which should be easy, since apparently, I've been doing it all game. Why people think she is town is beyond me.

Zdenek - The first paragraph in this paragraph is an example of how you are deliberating misrepresenting me. You've repeatedly made these statements about the questions I've asked all game. I have explained repeatedly that you are misrepresenting me when you are stating that I'm doing these things I'm not doing.

In post 457, I respond to your post 439 in which you claimed I'm being aggressively unhelpful in my questions. I tell you that asking questions is good as it generates discussion and allows me to evaluate people.

In post 473, I respond to your post 460 in which you claim that I'm defending people in order to look good in case they flip. You posted four questions in which you claimed I was doing that. I responded to each one of those claims and told you what I was doing with each of the questions and suggested the possibility that we were having a misunderstanding.

In post 488, I respond to your post 485, in which you claim that actually in two of the questions I wasn't buddying but was trying to redirect suspicion or get someone to do my dirty work. I told you that I wasn't, and what again I was doing in those questions, and what I would do if I meant the things you said I was doing.

I have explained to you repeatedly that by saying that I'm buddying, redirecting suspicion, or trying to get someone to do my dirty work for me is not what I'm doing. I explained that I ask questions to generate discussion to help me evaluate people repeatedly.

You said that you thought it was best to tell people when they are behaving scummy, so I tried to understand you in terms of a play style difference and explain my process to you in hopes that we could come to some understanding, but you repeatedly say I'm doing something I'm not doing. I never once was underhanded in any of the questions I asked, and had every intent of looking for answers and finding the scum teams.

In post 684, I answer to you why you're being ridiculous to think that what I'm doing is scummy even when I flip town. As I say in that post, there is no ifs about it, I am town and the intent behind every single question I asked was to find scum. There was never any ill-intent in those questions that I asked. Asking questions is how I determine alignment. You say that you just make statements to people and see how they react. Well, I ask questions and see how they respond and develop a conversation from there. There is no scum intent behind any of the questions; every question I asked was to help me find scum; I don't know how much more clear I can be about that.

So, Zdenek, I've answered your questions, repeatedly. You keep deliberately misrepresenting me by saying that I'm doing things in these questions that I'm not doing. I keep telling you I'm not doing the things that you're accusing me of. We've argued over this for over a week. I don't know what more I can tell you because you refuse to accept the possibility that I am telling you the truth about me not doing what you're accusing me of. I know this is mafia, and I'm not too stupid to play mafia, I know that you don't have to just accept 100% that I'm telling you the truth, but you are misrepresenting me by saying I'm doing things I'm not doing.
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Foxace36 »

Can finally start posting again. Yay!

Anyways, stop unvoting guys...... I don't want there to be a no-lynch and even if we could get another player lynched then that would still leave doubts in everybody's heads about my alignment. I think it's better I take the lynch so everybody can narrow down their scum reads easier. I'm becoming much too large of a distraction.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by Pine »

How about this. Everyone, in your next post, an up-or-down opinion on both Zdenek and Foxace. Just whether you'd be willing to consider lynching them today. If either person fails to accrue enough "willing to consider" nods, we drop them for today and come back to it tomorrow. Note that I'm not asking about preference, just whether lynching the person in question is a nonstarter or not.

Foxace: Willing to consider
Zdenek: Willing to consider
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Like I said in my last post.

Foxace: Yea
Zdenek: Nay
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1109, Zar wrote:Hi. I'm a replacement to Guy-Named-Riggs.

I'm going to do re-reads and come back with thoughts later on the day.

Just in case.
UNVOTE.

Tammy: remind me again why you are using out of game META to defend?

Hmm O Hai there. I certainly hope we're on the same team this game.

Hmm are you calling me out for this for meta reasons? Explaining a play style in an attempt to come to an understanding with someone who seems to be misunderstanding or mischaracterizing you is a type of self-meta that I've always said was all right to use. If someone tells me that it's better to do xyz, and that goes against my personality and nature, I'm going to explain why I don't do xyz and why. If it helps someone understand my thought process and how I approach the game, it can help us work better to find scum.

Besides a couple out of game examples where I'm trying to make sense of something or discuss differences in site culture, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Trying to decide what that questions says about your alignment. My thought process and reasoning is quite clear if you read me so I don't know why exactly you're pointing it out.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Tammy, you still haven't said what your reads are.

Now, I also want to know how your questions helped you arrive at them.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”