Mini 1310: I Got My Eye On You Mafia (Game Over!)

Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Luckyjt »

Many things bother me with Amrun's claim.

The fact that he choose a more obvious town person then someone who was more obscure. He was willing to risk investigating someone most of us felt was town this early in the game over someone who was ify on both sides and can lead to a mislynch. I feel cops have to roles in the game, to find mafia and to protect innocent town from mislynchs.

Also Kondi's slot has been my top read and now it seems my top read is a cop.The way Kondi acted early on was too risky for a cop I feel.

Now I can always be wrong about this slot. Here is what I propose. Lets lynch someone with top suspicion today and investigate Amrun tonight. (There should be other cops I think in this game). If he comes up as town then problem solved but if he comes up guilty thats a different story. If he manages to survive tonight without a doc then I feel it would almost be certain he is scum.

What do you guys think?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Korlash »

Honestly Lucky, nearly everything about that post makes me think you're scum. "many things bother me" but you barely scrape out two reasons, one of which has been throw around constantly for the last few pages and the other just a vague statement without reasons why. Trying to direct investigations tonight and saying that a town result on her would be enough. Then saying if she survives she is scum. That's contradictory. How can she be cleared with a town result, but scum if she survives? Can't be both. And 'without a doc'? Are you suggesting she be left alive until a doc claims/flips? I don't understand what you mean by this.

And lynch someone with 'top suspicion'? Who? you didn't bother to give any idea as to who, just a blanket 'anyone other than Amrun' is what I'm getting from you.

@ Lucky: Who did you mean by 'more obscure'?

Actiondan wrote:Let me add here that killing Vijay off before Amrun is a strong reason as well to disbelieve the cop claim, and I highly doubt scum left amrun unmeddled with just to try and mislynch her D2 [It might mean scum tried to meddle with her action, busdriver, framer, redirector etc.]

This also makes me suspicious since I believe you're the first person to actually say it. When a 'random' person is nightkilled over a power role, the first person to mention it with any indication that the power role is there-fore scum, is likely scum himself having set this argument up the night before.

Can you point out anyone else who said this earlier in case I missed it?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 am

Post by Luckyjt »

I need to clarify myself when writing.

I was hoping no one would question me over the "if she survives she is scum" part of it. It was thought out why I said it. I dont want to leave you wondering why I said it but If I must I will, just ask me in your next post. Just a heads up, I said it for a reason that may or may not work. I threw the doc part in here for basically the same reason. Again just ask one more time an I will answer.

By top suspicion, I was not talking about my top suspicion but by mutual agreement. At the moment I dont have a top suspicion and I am looking into people right now like Istark, Om nom, and Iceguy. This was not meant as just anyone but someone who seems like scum. (Like if you guys agree to lynch me, then go ahead.) It would be too risky to lynch Amrun who claimed to be a cop. What if true? What if false? Thats why I suggested for someone to investigate her.

By more obscure (bad wording I realize now) someone who was suspicious according to various people. Ex Me, Istark, Ice guy.

And many things sounded more appropriate at the time I was writing. (I was going to sleep last night after reading what happened yesterday, I had a great post in mind with many more reasons why Amrun's claim seemed false, but I was too lazy to post. Today when I posted I ended up remembering only two points when I had originally in mind to make more points. I never went back and changed the original wording.)
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:21 am

Post by IceGuy »

Not sure if I'm wrong on Amrun, or she's just good at bussing.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:19 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 548, iStark wrote:@Amrum, Your rest of the post said ''It's classic cop role'' or something & answers to the RD's question with nothing real to catch on. I think that's half ass.

That isn't actually true at all. Did you even read the post?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.2:

IceGuy - Amrun, Om of the Nom
Amrun - Korlash, IceGuy
BBmolla - ActionDan
Om of the Nom - RainbowDash

Not voting- Lopsy, BBmolla, iStark, CSL, luckyjt

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-04-28 17:48:11), or on April 28th, 2012
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

So, couple things:

1.) CSL has apparantly decided to move to a new alt called Feirei and has asked that this be her main for her ongoing games. I'm not quite sure how I want to deal with this yet, so that is something that will need to be addressed.

2.) Lopsy is being replaced, as it's been awhile since she ended her V/LA and didn't respond to my prod.

3.) Everyone congratulate LlamaFluff (RainbowDash's main) for becoming the Large Theme List Mod! (now they just need to make singer Newbie Listmod already. <_<)
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Post by iStark »

In post 554, Amrun wrote:
In post 548, iStark wrote:@Amrum, Your rest of the post said ''It's classic cop role'' or something & answers to the RD's question with nothing real to catch on. I think that's half ass.

That isn't actually true at all. Did you even read the post?

In post 426, Amrun wrote:Chill, chill, I was afk.

I'm a cop.

Not really surprising, giving the flavor - and that counterclaim stuff is bs, because I am almost certainly not the only one.

Interestingly, though, my role pm never mentions the word "cop." I seem to have no role name at all.
It describes the abilities of a cop pretty dead on, though.

It doesn't say, so I'm assuming sanity not guaranteed

@Bold, I read that as ''classical cop role.''

@Italic, answering RD's question.

I'm getting more confused as you try to explain/defend more tbh
Are you reading what you're posting?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yes, the bold does basically say that. But there are OTHER sentences, including the italicized sentence, that are specific. Having no role name is very specific (though I just turned out to be an idiot on that front). I then go on to say how exactly I get my results (Mafia or Not Mafia), which is different from the standard result. What you're saying is in direct opposition of the things that actually transpired in the thread.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Ok so im going to talk my way down through this a little

Korlash is town, double so for one of his recent posts which hit a favorite tell of mine
AD dances the line on this tell
CSL is probably town for the VT claim.

The biggest thing that Amrun has working for her right now to me is how she responded to CSL vanilla claim. Its a tell I love, I think she knows this, but the VT claim when being run up at deadline is strong, I think I actually got Amrun off the lynch in her first game here using it. Biggest qualms I have are kondis play, and the fact that her result claim was not instant.

I want to run with Korlash/CSL as town and Amrun/AD as very likely town.

If anypony has a major problem with Korlash or CSL town speak now or forever hold your peace.

Next tier is IceGuy. I think he is just really oblivious town who needs to just sheep somepony smart.

Yay half the game is town. Still like the OOTN lynch.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Post by iStark »

*Had lot to say but didn't because*
I feel like I'm tunneling god damn town.
iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by iStark »

@ED, Why OOT? Am I missing something?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Congrats RD (LF).
Korlash town and CSL town are pretty obv. so I agree.

AD I am still having some qualms about. He seems town, but my gut is saying otherwise. I don't like how he just cheers on my wagon without giving a reason why. Also his absences don't look very good when I know that he frequently posts on another site.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Post by iStark »

Sorry,I almost missed that.
Congrats RD.

Also sorry for earlier typo ED = RD.
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 am

Post by Luckyjt »

Congrats rainbow and nice choice of names XD.

Also I must have missed something as to why so many people are saying CSL is town. I will have to go look back since I remember CSL was being lynched yesterday.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:55 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 538, Amrun wrote:Of course it was an obvious cop breadcrumb. It was supposed to be obvious.

What's the point of an obvious cop breadcrumb when you can just claim the results?

I didn't want any premature counterclaims, which would probably come from town, AND I wanted to try and entice the scum into nightkilling me.

How would a non-full claim entice scum into nightkilling you when a full claim would?

And why did you want to entice scum into nightkilling you, seeing as you claim to be a Cop which is probably the most valuable investigative role?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:58 am

Post by ActionDan »

This also makes me suspicious since I believe you're the first person to actually say it. When a 'random' person is nightkilled over a power role, the first person to mention it with any indication that the power role is there-fore scum, is likely scum himself having set this argument up the night before.

Can you point out anyone else who said this earlier in case I missed it?

Vijay wasn't random, he claimed he was a PR in thread >_>. But even besides that, I don't think amrun is scum without a cop counterclaim today. I think the quote above is a bit juvenile frankly

@OotN, I thouht your predessor, Glass was scum. I'm reading yourself as neutral tbh. I'm still thinking BBmolla's slot will flip scum. His reads seemed forced and his distancing from the Mal lynch seemed more self-centered (e.g, "Why you lynch my town reads") and his push for his perfered choice vijay was simply "Vijay is scum, look at his play, why no lynch?" In any case I'm not comfortable with your lynch atm until I reread.

@RD, what's your lospy read?

I feel lucky is town from skimming the last 2 pages. Gut =D!

Also I kind of want Iceguy dead, like not by vig or lynch, just if he had the power to kill himself. His arguments and questioning are not going to lead to anything.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:42 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 566, ActionDan wrote:@RD, what's your lospy read?

I want to say scum but I have a difficult time backing it up when I go through isos
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Korlash »

Danny-Boy wrote:Vijay wasn't random, he claimed he was a PR in thread >_>. But even besides that, I don't think amrun is scum without a cop counterclaim today. I think the quote above is a bit juvenile frankly

Semantics. 'Random' as in anyone aside from the obvious choice, not Random, toss a dart and see what sticks.

Didn't you just say that V2V being NKed was a reason Amrun is scum? Yet, you're calling me juvenile while attempting to justify V2V's kill? Which is it mate? Is V2V's kill a sign to Disbelieve amrun, or does it make sense due to his claim? Can't be both. (I took the liberty to assume your definition of 'Wasn't Random' to equate to 'had a reason for' thus 'makes sense'. If this is not the case, feel free to explain it to me)

Rainbows wrote:Korlash is town, double so for one of his recent posts which hit a favorite tell of mine
AD dances the line on this tell
CSL is probably town for the VT claim.

I'm interested in what this tell is that would suggest both me and my newest favorite scum are both town... No need to rush it, I'm fine waiting until the game is over if that's what you're shooting for here but since I'm starting to see Danny-boy as scum... could help me out.

And I can't write CSL off due to my math. Her slot 'ties' with Amrun's and Omnomnom as the most active voters so without their flips I can't resort to calling her town. I'm fine going after nomnomnom though, so no big worries there.

Unvote:, Vote: Om of the Nom

I'd joke about sheeping Rainbows but you all know Glass has been one of my top three all game. Personally though, I'd like to see Lucky lynched simply because I think his flip will be more helpful. An Omnomnom/Lucky/AD pairing is what I'd be running with if for whatever reason I actually am wrong about Amrun. And if we can't lynch her, I'd rather lynch the slot that takes her place in the triad, aka Lucky.

I suppose this means I actually have to deliver on that Glass case I promised way back when. XD

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 am

Post by Korlash »

Lucky wrote:I was hoping no one would question me over the "if she survives she is scum" part of it. It was thought out why I said it. I dont want to leave you wondering why I said it but If I must I will, just ask me in your next post. Just a heads up, I said it for a reason that may or may not work. I threw the doc part in here for basically the same reason. Again just ask one more time an I will answer.

>.> Tell you what, if I can get a posse on your wagon I'll ask you. Until then, I'm fine with you doing whatever.

Lucky wrote:By top suspicion, I was not talking about my top suspicion but by mutual agreement. At the moment I dont have a top suspicion and I am looking into people right now like Istark, Om nom, and Iceguy. This was not meant as just anyone but someone who seems like scum. (Like if you guys agree to lynch me, then go ahead.) It would be too risky to lynch Amrun who claimed to be a cop. What if true? What if false? Thats why I suggested for someone to investigate her.

See, that's the problem I have with it. why say "top suspicion" instead of just listing out your top suspects. It's non-committal and quite frankly, isn't very townie to want to simply lynch 'anyone in agreement' instead of pushing the people you want lynched.

Lucky wrote:By more obscure (bad wording I realize now) someone who was suspicious according to various people. Ex Me, Istark, Ice guy.

So you're holding the 'cop' responsible for investigating people you find suspicious instead of people she finds suspicious?

This constantly putting yourself in your examples (i.e. lynch me, investigate me) doesn't make me feel any better about you. If you're town then you're inviting us to mislynch you or waste an investigation on you. It sounds more like you're playing the martyr, which I normally expect from scum.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:14 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 565, IceGuy wrote:
In post 538, Amrun wrote:Of course it was an obvious cop breadcrumb. It was supposed to be obvious.

What's the point of an obvious cop breadcrumb when you can just claim the results?

I didn't want any premature counterclaims, which would probably come from town, AND I wanted to try and entice the scum into nightkilling me.

How would a non-full claim entice scum into nightkilling you when a full claim would?

And why did you want to entice scum into nightkilling you, seeing as you claim to be a Cop which is probably the most valuable investigative role?

-There's no point, DUH. I forgot I could just claim results.

-In this game, cop is far less valuable than usual. I was predicting a Dethy-like set-up in which there were multiple sanities of cops; therefore, scum would be less likely to kill a cop and town would be less likely to stop lynching a cop.

-Re: above, a night kill is better than a mislynch.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 am

Post by Korlash »

Naw, changed my mind. Let's lynch Omnomnom. Rereads ftw!

We'll start the case off with a lack of anything real coming from him. A constant string of "I think so and so (usually Lucky) is scum due to gut". And yeah, my own wanting to see his flip in regards to the other people I think is scum.

Not all that solid but I didn't feel like delving into the Cached pages to re-up my glass suspicions.

Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:36 am

Post by Luckyjt »

Martyr seems to be what I do a lot. i am supporting this Om of the nom lynch as well. My suspicions of Glass had died down until nom took over. He seems to be bandwagoning too much as well as not trying to read into people beside gut feels.

lynch om of the nom
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:39 am

Post by Luckyjt »

You would be wasting a lynch on me as well if you try lynching me. But if you get the wagon going I wont try any harder than now to prove I am town. And those people that I mentioned that should have been investigated where not just of who I wanted investigated but many people had doubts, but I guess if I was cop I would have done it differently I will stop trying to argue this point.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Amrun »

I had a town read on Glass. I don't like this.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”