NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I don't remember Khan being in 142. Was it a different game?

Hmm, I understand and may join you in voting him, but I was thinking of voting Pine and I still have to sort out my Benmage read.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Typo. Was 132; I even looked it up to make sure. :P Not on my laptop (you can kinda tell, as my laptop's where my QT is, so rambling's happening more when I'm not using it :P), so keyboard's not what I'm used to.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
rack
rack
Goon
rack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Post by rack »

Head A (again--Head B seems to not be responding).

Khan is completely scummy for his dismissal and reaction on the last page. Even Mastin saw it.

Mastin, speaking of which, is solid town now. I'm very familiar with his town game, and this is getting much closer to that.

Some other people I will keep my eye on are:

drmyshotgun
vijay
Mini-Lib
and of course, LLD.

Kinda busy right now, sorry. Will try my best to post more soon.

VOTE: Kublai Kahn
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Alright, it's time.

To begin, Rack has STILL NOT ANSWERED (to my knowledge) my question about where I was being a "passive player". This is an issue warranting a vote.
Vote: Rack

Next, some solid town reads.

JasonT is town. I've got a dead read on him from the last few games I've played with him. That's as town as Jason gets.

Ninja is obvious town.

So is Kublai Khan (and all you people voting Khan need to unvote him or I'll rape your face off.)

Both of the Shotty's are town beyond belief. (Just bad).

I like how Deas Veil is playing. It's a little cautious, but in this case his caution appears to be town oriented rather than scum.

Oh yeah, and I'm happy to say that Benmage is obvious town this game, and is being not only very helpful, but giving good solid reasons for his reads (though I have a bone to pick with you about one Mastin read).

Next post I'll discuss people who are shooting up red flags.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 pm

As you know, I've already discussed Rack to hell, and he's just terrible scum. Hiding behind a second hydra head to stall, not answering questions, giving bullshit fabricated reads that I really cannot find any basing for no matter how hard I read.

It's all bad, and he needs to hang for it.

Pine is on this list because of his suspicion of me. Yeah, how arrogant of me I know. No, it's more what his suspicion is based upon. He doesn't feel like he's actually scum hunting and rather that he's nitpicking to try and find some detail that he can use to get mislynches. I don't like it.

Now, I've got a special group here for you all. I call it the "Everyone who decided that KK is a good wagon" group. You're all terrible. All of you. I'm certain some of you are town, but there is zero and I mean ZERO chance that all of you are town. This wagon is scum driven to fuck, and is a scum counter wagon to the Rack wagon.

I'm going to wait for a Mod Vote-count before I start doing analysis on this shit, but believe me the HAMMER IS COMING.

On a related note, Mastin has scum reads on both KK and Ninja. And he also expressed a strong scum read on DrmySHOTGUN. Being fair to Mastin, he expressed this read BEFORE Shotgun derp claimed and made himself pretty obvious town, but it's still ANOTHER TOWNIE WHO MASTIN THINKS IS SCUM.

Further, Mastin's case on Kublai is the most stretched piece of s**t I've ever seen made into a case. It literally has no basing. I read the whole fucking thing. It's just not good.

EVEN FURTHER, Mastin expressed a VERY STRONG town read on Scooby of all people! I think Scooby asked it best when he voted someone for calling him town. He has two posts, why do you think he's town?

Next Post I'll be giving a list of people who need to die.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:09 am

rack- Obvious is obvious.
Macros- Who? Get to posting or get to dying.
Pine- As explained above, he's not scumhunting he's nitpicking.
Nero Cain- Dodging questions in early game, just being a general shady character.
Candy Corn Vampire- Her KK vote and "case"(a term I use loosely), combined with the rest of her posting being absolute fluff.
mastin2- Bad reads, worse explinations.
Junpei- Again, post or die.
vijay2vasandani- Something is bothering me about your posting. Call it GUT for now.
Praetyre- Post or Die (or be replaced FFS).

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:10 am

Now, I'll answer any questions people have about why Rack should die. Or any other issue!

Also, Mastin I want to see a report of why Ninja and Shotgun are scum on my desk ASAP.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:14 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Yup. That's what I thought. This is purely going to be a meta-educational game for you mastin2.

In post 374, mastin2 wrote:Shift in tone.

It's one of the few dead giveaways Khan has as scum. See 742, preclaim (smug) and postclaim (panicked) for just one example. Memory's a bit fuzzy, but I think NY 142 had a change in tone as well.

Again, for emphasis, everything I do is a "dead giveaway" that I'm scum to you. You had not played a game with me as town. This is why I ::facepalm:: so much in our games together. You've never actually caught me, you've just 'guessed correctly' until now. And today you're wrong.

Do you know what a "shift in tone" is? It means I'm not a robot.

rack wrote:Khan is completely scummy for his dismissal and reaction on the last page. Even Mastin saw it.

Dismissal and reaction to what? Speaking of dismissal, where's your answer to... anything you've been asked?

Nice job OMGUSing and sucking up to the guy with the confirmation bias.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:24 am

Post by vijay2vasandani »

Sorry TML :(

Ugh Shotgun. What the hell was that? Not happy.

#347 does not sit well with me. Who feels the need to convince other people that this is "standard [playername] meta". It makes me very suspicious of it. His subsequent posting also convinces me of their association (with shotgun).

@LLD: um okay?

Khan's last post isn't great imo. I read Mastin's scumhunting guide and personally I can see tone as a way to determine somebody as scum. Instead he chooses to attack mastin instead of the points he raised. Instead of explaining why the things mastin mentioned isn't scummy, he says that mastin sees everything he does as scummy. That made more sense in my head. Either way,
VOTE: Kublai Khan
coming back after a 3 year break.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:49 am

Post by DeasVail »

I must say that Rack is no longer a townread, but I am looking forward to more of his posting though.

LLD:
I'm quite tempted to jump on KK as well. Why do you think he's town?

KK:
Do you consider OMGUS scummy?

Vote: Pine

This is the only vote I feel comfortable with right now.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:24 am

In post 384, DeasVail wrote:I must say that Rack is no longer a townread, but I am looking forward to more of his posting though.

LLD:
I'm quite tempted to jump on KK as well. Why do you think he's town?

KK:
Do you consider OMGUS scummy?

Vote: Pine

This is the only vote I feel comfortable with right now.

Because he's town.

(It's anti-town to explain town reads, so I won't. I just know he's obviously town, and the arguments being presented against him are bad).

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:31 am

Post by redFF »

I just don't see what is setting of so many alarms in rack's posting.

LLD, I noticed you haven't said a thing about firestarted all game, what do you think of that wagon?

I do agree that the KK wagon isn't great.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:35 am

In post 386, redFF wrote:I just don't see what is setting of so many alarms in rack's posting.

LLD, I noticed you haven't said a thing about firestarted all game, what do you think of that wagon?

I do agree that the KK wagon isn't great.

There's a Firestarter wagon? I know a few people were displeased with his opening post, but I didn't see a lot wrong with it. It was a little weak but not scummy IMO.

Honestly, if there was any pressure on Firestarter it wasn't that apparent or it got drowned out by the stupid KK tunnel that people are entering. (Which is a shame because that could have been useful info/reactions).

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:41 am

^ I think 1 person voted Firestarter and that was it.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:58 am

Post by redFF »

Firestarted came into the thread very late and posts his catchup post, which is literally just a summary of the game.

Then lists a reasonless scum read on rack(of course, when everyone else is doing it, why not?)

I thought this part of his post was particularly silly
Nero Cain - Scum-read

The Shotty incident. PL'ing him. Not gonna happen.
You say you were not the one to bring up the idea that shotty should be PL'ed.
But you grabbed the baton and ran with it anyway.
When you were quizzed on it, you failed to deliver anything in the way of proof that shotty
was a VI. Yes, those who were questioning you could have looked for it themselves,
but the BoP lies with you.

redFF - Null-read

On my re-read, I found this slot to be one of the tougher reads for some reason.
As I've said before, the whole Policy Lynching thing is not my bag.
I disagree with it, but as stand alone point in ones ISO, not worthy of being called scum for.

So nero cain is a scumread for
- wanting to pl shotty
- saying he was not the one who brought it up (which is true)
- "grabbing the baton and running with it" (he never denied this)
- failing to prove how
shotty
is a bad player... (hint that's something he doesn't need to prove, even looking at only shotty's posts from this game)
So all that makes nero cain a scumread, K.

Now I'm a null read, even though nero seems to be a scumread purely from pushing a policy lynch, and firestarter says
As I've said before, the whole Policy Lynching thing is not my bag.
I disagree with it, but as stand alone point in ones ISO, not worthy of being called scum for.
???

As for his other reads, scum read on psyche, one of the bigger pushers of rack all game. You can't really have a scumread on both of them buddy.

And then town reads on LLD and NN, 2 of the more active players in the game, both seemingly widely regarded as town. He had to list some town reads so why not list the 2 easiest town reads in the game right now.
NihilisticNinja
- Town-read
Content, probing, analysing. All town traits thus far.
Lady Lambdadelta
- Town-read
Like NN, LLD has been providing content, probing and questioning away. All Town traits.
Blatant buddying here.
And then a town read on KK, guess who else has a town read on KK? LLD.
Kublai Khan
- Town-read
Most of what KK has written so far I agree with, except maybe the stance on scooby.
With this, I don't see how you can have a town read on KK and null reads on the majority of the playerlist. Reasons for the town read on kk that aren't "I'm buddying up to LLD" please.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 am

Post by Candy Corn Vampire »

underachiever please try harder VOTE: rack

lambda, jesus. I voted kublai khan because I wanted some suspicions answered, your ire for him is unneeded.

and fluff :|. I wrote the book on rack scum, and the few posts I have have been mostly scum hunting. Now your just trying to slander me.

In post 364, Kublai Khan wrote:
The extent? Two posts as back & forth posts banter done within the span of.. less than an hour. Then two tangently-related posts later on where I call out people for misrepping me. [sarcasm]Yeah, I've totally got The Mini-Librarian's back in this game[/sarcasm]

Why am I not allowed to call out Pine on what I consider strange (possibly scummy) behavior? Would you prefer I stay silent and not answer anything until directly addresses?

Yea. When someone calls someone out you don't really need to defend them for them. Or at least I don't.

Why do you feel it's "strange (possibly scummy)"? I don't really know him, but disagreeing is scummy?

My main problem with Firestarter is that his read on the situation is completely wrong. For as carefully as he's claiming he's read the game, he's exhibiting very poor reading comprehension. I don't care that he has me under a town read, my problem is that he's implying that I'm being hypocritical and inconsistent in my views ("Where was the pressure on me?") when I'm not. The play-by-play was to clearly explain that I am not being in the least bit inconsistent and my "stance" on scooby is nothing like what he preported it to be.

I don't see really why you care, but okay.

It's a mess. It's no good. It's not accurate. It's inept. It bears the resemblance of someone putting effort in, but it's really poorly done and rather self-conciously trying to push forth an agenda. I don't really know how to answer your question as I think you're just trying to create busywork for me.

It's not accurate? you mostly agree with him though.

You can through words out there attacking anybody, but those still gotta have some sort of objectivity to them. I felt like you were saying bad things about him for the sake of saying bad things.

Nero Cain is on my back-burner. His early behavior in this game is freaky-odd and I'm undecided on how to fully classify him. Nero Cain-scum could have easily just pointed to a game he was in with drmyshottyizsik and squashed the argument. Instead he's ignored it which makes him look scummy as hell, but he's not so dumb as to do something like that. So.. he's under observation for now.

I think more importantly if he was scum he'd pull out evidence to get you off your back. Its usually townies who act stubborn in these sitiuations. what motive would neroscum have to not pull out evidence.
deconstructivist humour, while sometimes funny when done well, is intellectually lazy. it is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too, there's always another layer of irony to retreat to should someone not get the joke, or be offended by it.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:17 am

Spoiler: CandyCorn's Fluff
In post 37, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:how is ninja already buddying lambda before the game starts.

In post 95, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:and drmy no rqs whatsoever. especially how you do it.

In post 102, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:
In post 100, rack wrote: And we're a hydra, which you obviously missed in the signup thread. Please pay more attention in the future.

nice Image. Whose?

NN: He's pretty into PLing but I don't think it's because of alignment. He showed similar intentions in the queue before he received a pm.

In post 226, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:Ninja you certainly are...motivated.

I haven't read the thread in depth enough yet, but how did there become a large consensus on rack since I left? He hasn't made any new posts. Or was that one post I cited as scummy enough?

In post 334, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:Image stop...just stop drmy...

In post 355, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:I don't like quote walls, thus I spoilered it.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:20 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 326, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I'm just not seeing rack as all to scummy atm.
Also with psych, I think he may just be bad, or not know how to play, but wants to act like he can. His attitude is coming off more arrogant than it is scummy.

hmmmm, not sure. Pysche, what is your mafia experience, have you played much off site?

In post 328, DeasVail wrote:

Jason:
What reason is there for scum to avoid/refuse to answer questions?

Simple, less infomation. Scum want to restrict the flow of info town gets where as town would want to give as much info as possible.

In post 349, DeasVail wrote:Hmm, i'll leave it for now, but there may be things I want to discuss later.

will be interested in this, later.

Candy Corn Vampire post 351 case on KK... interesting, comes across very town. seeking out other potentail scum away from main discussion. I like this.

In post 354, scooby wrote:Lol how the fuck do people have a town read on me with two posts?
Vote pine

Why did you defend me?

Hey Scooby! been a while... I shall be keeping my eye on you, as usual lol But yes, I do agree with your point here.

In post 356, redFF wrote:
vote:firestarter

rack is bad town. Rack, i strongly suggest you declare your heads at this stage if you want to live.

Drmy is p much confirmed town.

Don't really know about the kk votes, gonna have to read him more closely.

here's your counterwagon NN.

Urgh, dont really care about heads of hydra, concentrate on scum hunting not hydra hunting, please.

Which DrMy is confirmed town..... seriously, this is pissiong me off confusing ffs.

In post 361, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 358, redFF wrote:nah I'll do what I want.

This is a scummy game stalling Red Herring that you keep insisting on. This post does nothing but flood the thread a tad bit more with shit.
FoS redFF, new #2 suspect.

Agree, redFF, who is your scum suspects, forgetting the hydra heads for a minute?

More later, hopefully. I have a bottle of vokda so i will try and refrain from drunk posting.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:22 am

Post by Candy Corn Vampire »

In post 391, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Spoiler: CandyCorn's Fluff
In post 37, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:how is ninja already buddying lambda before the game starts.

Before game.
In post 95, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:and drmy no rqs whatsoever. especially how you do it.

answering a question.
In post 102, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:
In post 100, rack wrote: And we're a hydra, which you obviously missed in the signup thread. Please pay more attention in the future.

nice Image. Whose?

NN: He's pretty into PLing but I don't think it's because of alignment. He showed similar intentions in the queue before he received a pm.

answering NN's question.

saying tml is suspicious.
In post 226, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:Ninja you certainly are...motivated.

I haven't read the thread in depth enough yet, but how did there become a large consensus on rack since I left? He hasn't made any new posts. Or was that one post I cited as scummy enough?

asking a question.
In post 334, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:Image stop...just stop drmy...

making a point.
In post 355, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:I don't like quote walls, thus I spoilered it.

answering a question.
deconstructivist humour, while sometimes funny when done well, is intellectually lazy. it is a prime example of having your cake and eating it too, there's always another layer of irony to retreat to should someone not get the joke, or be offended by it.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:23 am

@ CCV: could you explain those suspicions that were allayed/addressed by the KK vote/case?

P.edit: lol Jason says the case is amazeballs.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@LLD-is the earth round?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:39 am

In post 395, Nero Cain wrote:@LLD-is the earth round?

Refrain from asking pointless questions, and adding more fluff to an already swamped game.

Do you have anything real to add? Are you still in favor of the Shotty PL?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:41 am

In post 396, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Refrain from asking pointless questions, and adding more fluff to an already swamped game.

Objection. The earth is in fact elliptical.

In seriousness, LLD dotpoint why Rack is scum please. Thank you.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:47 am

In post 397, vijay2vasandani wrote:

Objection. The earth is in fact elliptical.

In seriousness, LLD dotpoint why Rack is scum please. Thank you.

Are you reading this game? I've explained this a couple of times now.

Why don't you trying ISOing me, reading my posts, and then ask a more specific question if you have any.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

answer the damn question!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”