Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:39 am

Post by Psyche »

Woah woah. Give me a second the deal with that blegrh.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1795, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1781, Pine wrote:The only decent argument for BK scum was that he was on all of the RedFF counterwagons. Your phony statistics still suck.

That was the only argument I needed for him, and it's all I need for Psyche too.

In case you missed it, I gave BK201 a pretty fucking strong ultimatum, and after that, he stopped posting except for 2 last posts, the first of which didn't come until nearly 3 pages after my ultimatum. He knew he was scum, and he knew it was over.

So you can shut right the fuck up, whenever you're ready.

And here's the case on Psyche since you're wondering. According to my vote count analysis, Psyche stayed on BBmolla for the whole fucking entirety of Day 1, and then hopped over to redFF when it seemed like a foregone conclusion that he'd be lynched.

redFF flipped scum. Rinse and repeat.

Psyche stayed off all wagons for the entirety of Day 2, never once having a vote anywhere other than the Not Voting category. At the very end of the day, he sees that the Techno lynch is a foregone conclusion yet again, and hops on with a well-timed hammer. Fantastic.

Techno flipped town. Rinse and repeat.

On day 3, Psyche was off all wagons until Mogri had 5 votes. On the wagon Psyche goes. Sixth vote and counting on Mogri. Followed swiftly by BK201 (what a surprise), and then a hammer.

Mogri also flips town. Rinse and repeat.

But this time it becomes clear that Psyche's getting a little bolder; a little more comfortable with himself. He's only the (gasp!) *fourth* vote on Nobody Special, and he's followed by CF Riot, noraaa, and Pine is the hammer there.

Congratulations, another townie.

The next day, things aren't so easy. Psyche has a couple of votes on himself, and is even the leading wagon at one point, with 3 votes on him. BK's wagon grows and surpasses his though, 5-4. It's neck and neck coming around the final turn, both galloping and foaming as their jockeys do their damnedest, but Lucky Sevens manages to eke out a nose on The Back Nine in the final stretch, and BK201 finishes just milliseconds ahead of Psyche in a stunning upset. What a photo finish ladies and gentlemen!

Surprise. BK flips scum.

But the interesting part, which I had already predicted beforehand, was that Psyche and BK are scum together. The reasons Psyche quoted for voting BK were shit, and the reasons BK quoted for voting Psyche were pretty much nonexistent. It was pretty easy to piece the two together, given their interactions with each other throughout the game and the pattern of their voting.

For the record, Nightless games rule.

I will make it a point to join every single one I can from now on. They fucking rule for one reason. There's no danger of being night killed, and so you can say whatever the fuck you want and as long as people think you're town, you get to live forever because the only way scum can kill you is to mislynch you. So I can act however the fuck I want and not have to worry about attracting a night kill. Fuck yeah.

And the flip side of that is, scum don't have night times to sit there and discuss their play in private and get coaching sessions from more experienced scum buddies. So the dumb ones will obviously fall right away (redFF), the slightly less obvious ones will fall after a few misfires (Techno, I'm sorry, it had to be done. Nobody Special, you deserved it. Mogri, I knew you were town and tried to stop your lynch, but it was scum driven; and there's no doubt there because the proof is in the vote counts I posted), and then the final scum can be wrapped up into a nice neat little handbasket of FUCK YOU SCUM, DIE IN A FIRE, thanks to accumulated associative tells and vote/wagon analysis.

If you're not voting Psyche right now you're just being silly. And by silly, I mean you're being a fucking moron.

Good day.

Okay, let's consider this in the context of my inactivity, which was widepread in ALL of my games at the time.

Day One, I HAD to change to redff because of the momentum of the game. I was already losing interest and pating less attention to the thread. Where is the scummy there?

Day Two, I obviously was not paying attention at all. I would have stayed out of it altogether to avoid adding a badly informed element to it, but Techno had claimed scum! What townie doesn't vote a player who claims scum?!

Day Three, my vote was a completely legit experimentation with the reliability of gut reads. I can't help that it was wrong. I had a read and I went with it. I don't see how it was scummy.

Day Four, my reasons for voting BK were NOT bullshit. They were based on a huge sample of data (relative to the samples you guys use to draw your own conclusions) and upon the supposition that BK had committed a major scumtell, which he did.

And about the last part. You do know they have daychat, right? Because it seems pretty clear that they used daychat to get you to draw these incorrect conclusions.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:54 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:And about the last part. You do know they have daychat, right? Because it seems pretty clear that they used daychat to get you to draw these incorrect conclusions.

where has this been confirmed?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:01 am

Post by Psyche »

I know in every nightless I've been in, there's been daychat. : /
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:16 am

Post by inte »

Psyche, I could be mistaken, but I thought your meta argument was for Pine. How did you apply it to BK201 also?

That's just bad statistics
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Pine »

Nightless=daytalk
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:12 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1804, inte wrote:Psyche, I could be mistaken, but I thought your meta argument was for Pine. How did you apply it to BK201 also?

That's just bad statistics

meta argument for pine, stat argument for BK
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:08 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1798, Pine wrote:By the by, UberNinja's ultimatum at the end of her last post reads as scared to me. Especially considering that she was defending and chainsawing for Psyche barely a few days ago.

Saying "If you're not
Keepin' on bringing that up, eh? Well I can't say I blame you. If town keeps lynching scum, whether there are two teams or not, there won't be much left now will there? And that's a scary thought... for scum.

In post 1799, Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Psyche

BK wasn't scummy kthanks.

BK was
scum
. I'm interested to know how you think that's not scummy?

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:Day One, I HAD to change to redff because of the momentum of the game. I was already losing interest and pating less attention to the thread. Where is the scummy there?

You only voted scum because you HAD to? uhhh

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:Day Two, I obviously was not paying attention at all. I would have stayed out of it altogether to avoid adding a badly informed element to it, but Techno had claimed scum! What townie doesn't vote a player who claims scum?!

Are you really saying that you would have avoided a townie lynch because you didn't want to look scummy, but then he claimed scum so you felt like you had a legitimate excuse? Because that's what I'm reading.

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:Day Three, my vote was a completely legit experimentation with the reliability of gut reads. I can't help that it was wrong. I had a read and I went with it. I don't see how it was scummy.

"I don't see how it was scummy?" You're using this game to experiment? At the end of the game, I'm not going to be happy with "well at least Psyche tested his gut reads;" I much rather to
win the game
. And you can't win the game by lynching town. Not to mention, someone with consistently wrong gut reads is either shamefully worse-than-random, or they're scum and they're trying to be wrong on purpose. And Mogri was so obviously town it was ridiculous.

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:Day Four, my reasons for voting BK were NOT bullshit. They were based on a huge sample of data (relative to the samples you guys use to draw your own conclusions) and upon the supposition that BK had committed a major scumtell, which he did.

Defending the reason you used the one time you actually voted for scum? Are you serious?

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:And about the last part. You do know they have daychat, right? Because it seems pretty clear that they used daychat to get you to draw these incorrect conclusions.

Pretty fucking sure this is a scum slip.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 am

Post by Hiraki »

Uber wrote:BK was scum. I'm interested to know how you think that's not scummy?
Scum=/=Scummy

just because a boy looks like a boy, does not mean it's a boy

could be a cross dresser
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:09 am

Post by inte »

goddamnit hiraki
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1807, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1798, Pine wrote:By the by, UberNinja's ultimatum at the end of her last post reads as scared to me. Especially considering that she was defending and chainsawing for Psyche barely a few days ago.

Saying "If you're not
Keepin' on bringing that up, eh? Well I can't say I blame you. If town keeps lynching scum, whether there are two teams or not, there won't be much left now will there? And that's a scary thought... for scum.

In post 1799, Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Psyche

BK wasn't scummy kthanks.

BK was
scum

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:Day One, I HAD to change to redff because of the momentum of the game. I was already losing interest and pating less attention to the thread. Where is the scummy there?

You only voted scum because you HAD to? uhhh

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:Day Two, I obviously was not paying attention at all. I would have stayed out of it altogether to avoid adding a badly informed element to it, but Techno had claimed scum! What townie doesn't vote a player who claims scum?!

Are you really saying that you would have avoided a townie lynch because you didn't want to look scummy, but then he claimed scum so you felt like you had a legitimate excuse? Because that's what I'm reading.

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:Day Three, my vote was a completely legit experimentation with the reliability of gut reads. I can't help that it was wrong. I had a read and I went with it. I don't see how it was scummy.

"I don't see how it was scummy?" You're using this game to experiment? At the end of the game, I'm not going to be happy with "well at least Psyche tested his gut reads;" I much rather to
win the game
. And you can't win the game by lynching town. Not to mention, someone with consistently wrong gut reads is either shamefully worse-than-random, or they're scum and they're trying to be wrong on purpose. And Mogri was so obviously town it was ridiculous.

In post 1801, Psyche wrote:Day Four, my reasons for voting BK were NOT bullshit. They were based on a huge sample of data (relative to the samples you guys use to draw your own conclusions) and upon the supposition that BK had committed a major scumtell, which he did.

Defending the reason you used the one time you actually voted for scum? Are you serious?

Pretty fucking sure this is a scum slip.

-_-

First psyche quote. Yes. I thought redff was town. >.>

Second. No, I was not saying that. Reading comprehension, man! I hadn't been paying attention to the game, so I thought it antitown to weigh in with a (totally misguided) vote. However, when I read that Techno had claimed scum, I thought, "well, I guess I don't need to be well-informed now to make a good vote." It really seemed like rational thing for a lazy person to do.

Third. Mogri was not obviously town and you're being disingenuous saying so. CF and noraaa are "obviously town". Mogri was a whole lot of alphabet soup. And I don't think my gut reads are worse than random. But it's a hypothesis to test, I s'pose. I HAD to go out on a limb and vote under uncomfortable conditions in that case. I really had no better reads. The experimentation was just a plus.

Fourth. I voted for scum more than once, thanks. But yea, I'm serious. Is that a problem? How?

Fifth. Pretty (fucking?) sure you're thinking poorly. Nightless and daytalk, in my experience, have usually gone hand in hand.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 am

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count

4 Psyche (UberNinja, inte, D3f3nd3r, Hiraki) L-2
2 Pine (Psyche, petapan)
1 UberNinja (Pine)
1 Hiraki (crypto)
0 petapan
0 D3f3nd3r
0 crypto
0 inte
0 Matias
0 CF Riot
0 noraaa

3 Not Voting (Matias, CF Riot, noraaa)

6 to lynch
Deadline June 15th
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1808, Hiraki wrote:
Uber wrote:BK was
scum
Scum=/=Scummy

just because a boy looks like a boy, does not mean it's a boy

could be a cross dresser

In post 1809, inte wrote:goddamnit hiraki

inte you just summed up my thoughts perfectly

also who do
you
think is scummy, inte?
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:53 am

Post by noraaa »

I'm pretty sure that this is Ythan's third nightless, and in one he had daytalk and in the other he did not. So it could go either way. We discussed this day one, people.

Pine- I'm sorry if you consider replying to someone who speaks to you as "pointedly protesting" but ok.

I don't think we should lynch someone in one real-time day so I'm gonna let you guys talk a little more before I decide if I'm voting Psyche or not. I go back and forth on him too much. On the one hand, he does come off way scummy sometimes. But on the other hand, the way he thinks is really strictly laid out and so idk which it is, scum, or stubbornthinking. I am really thrown off by how sure UN was that Psyche was scum, then how sure he was that Psyche was town, and now back to scum. It's a little strangely offputting. I've been trying to read UN based on his interactions with Psyche lately and it's throwing a wrench in my brain.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:04 am

Post by UberNinja »

Glad I could be of assistance. :D

Spoiler:
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Matias »

In post 1803, Psyche wrote:I know in every nightless I've been in, there's been daychat. : /

How many nightless games have you been in?
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 am

Post by noraaa »

UN you know that means I'm more likely to vote you not less likely, right? cause it flummoxes my town read on you?
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:50 am

Post by UberNinja »

I'm willing to run that risk.

I'm interested to know why you feel the need to tell me that out loud, though.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1815, Matias wrote:
In post 1803, Psyche wrote:I know in every nightless I've been in, there's been daychat. : /

How many nightless games have you been in?

Uh...At least 2. I think.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Psyche »

I really have bad long-term memory.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by Matias »

Er....onsite games?
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

384. There goes one.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by noraaa »

Because you didn't seem to get that from my original post.

Just to let you guys know, I'm going to be hardcore v/la from pretty much Wednesday till Monday. I'll be at a festival and I don't plan on using my phone for internet.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by Pine »

Both of Ythan's previous Nightless games have featured Mafia daytalk. Shut up about this non-point.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Pine »

There is little I detest more than bogus, easily-defeated accusations being lobbed gently over the plate to someone that's actually scummy. Especially by an obvious scumbuddy. Defeating a bad attack makes them look like wrongfully-accused Town, and gives them credit they neither earned nor deserve.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”