yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:19 am

Post by yellowbounder »

In post 224, DoubleJD wrote:I don't care if u were to only post once every three days, so long as we understand where u stand with other players. So far, I know u voted carter and malee...but theres so many other players! If a mass claim were to happen, we would get almost no info about u. Meanwhile ud be able to tell tons about me.

Also ill say this now. I'm trying a more aggressive style this game since I was fairly passive in my last one. I think I may be getting carried away, and I'm pissing everyone off, but the attention and opinions I'm generating about me are good for the town imo.

I'm still not that plussed on what exactly a mass claim gets us. We already know that one of the other people in this game are town, and some of the pairing are more obvious than others, but what does mass claiming do, exactly? We pick the scummiest seeming pair?
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:35 am

Post by DoubleJD »

How I see it, is that the combination of reads + partners has the potential to be very powerful and is the reason mafia don't autowin this each game. It's also why a massclaim too early isn't helpful. There should be some cool scenarios that happen from partner interactions too. In addition, if we're lucky the mafia haven't chosen a partner to claim beforehand.
You got me!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:38 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 224, DoubleJD wrote:Also ill say this now. I'm trying a more aggressive style this game since I was fairly passive in my last one.

Record (W-L)
Town: 0-0
Mafia: 1-0

Seems like slip.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:42 am

Post by DoubleJD »

If u think so, why wouldn't u just vote me? Do u have any opinions on anyone btw?

Also yellow gut feels town to me.
You got me!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:45 am

Post by yellowbounder »

In post 228, DoubleJD wrote:If u think so, why wouldn't u just vote me? Do u have any opinions on anyone btw?

Stop feeling my guts.

In post 227, Slandaar wrote:
In post 224, DoubleJD wrote:Also ill say this now. I'm trying a more aggressive style this game since I was fairly passive in my last one.

Record (W-L)
Town: 0-0
Mafia: 1-0

Seems like slip.

Slandaar, you've seem fairly consistent on your request for TAM and Malee/Hiraki to confirm lovers or not. What would a confirmation or denial mean for you, respectively?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 228, DoubleJD wrote:If u think so, why wouldn't u just vote me? Do u have any opinions on anyone btw?

Yes thanks.
In post 229, yellowbounder wrote:
Slandaar, you've seem fairly consistent on your request for TAM and Malee/Hiraki to confirm lovers or not. What would a confirmation or denial mean for you, respectively?

I am not going to let them know that ahead of time.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:09 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

In post 213, Arugula wrote:Gah you reacted well to pressure.
UNVOTE: DoubleJD
And you bring up a good point about reads.
And since the Amished tell no longer applies.

I don't see anything wrong with Jal ATM.

Arugula:
what is this about? How did he react well to pressure? Were you expecting a different response if he was scum than if he were town or something? #SorryForTheGrammarAtrocity
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:18 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

In post 220, Slandaar wrote:TAM and Malee/Hiraki are claiming if they are lovers together or not.

End of 'Discussion'

Bridges: the wiki is not to be followed religiously.

Hey Slandaar,

I'm not following the wiki religiously. I have my reasons, which I will not discuss, why waiting for a mass-claim is beneficial. I also have reasons why a partial-claim is not worth it and we should either do all out claim or not. Again, I'm not revealing those reasons as they are hypothetical tells that scum would commit... so spelling them out ruins the whole thing. I imagine you have similar thoughts about Malee/Hiraki + TAM.

Ideally we'd have about 5 more pages on info, and info from all the lurkers before claiming, but whatevas, I'm curious to see your thoughts.

--------------
Hey everyone,

I've become aware that I haven't been contributing much to this game other than a hidden case on TAM and some theory stuff. So I'm going to try to get some more of my stances out publically soon.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:41 am

Post by charter »

Fucking hell. Hiraki, stop following me in every game. I've asked you multiple times to never play in a game with me again. Grow up and stop following me. I'm not playing in another game with this idiot, and I probably don't have enough time for this game anyway.
Mod, replace me please
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh good, we lost charter and gained Hiraki.

Infinity upgrade detected.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Hiraki »

Oh yes.

Thank god for Firefox.

Almost lost my first reply.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:50 am

Post by DeltaWave »

searching for a replacement for charter
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by Hiraki »

You little shit.

I replace into games because I know that it's a bit annoying for mods. I barely ever check the playlist--something I should do for the opposite of this case(as in avoiding people I don't like.) And besides if you
really never wanted to play with me again
maybe you should've made sure I read it as in PMing me about it? But I understand, you're so awesome that you couldn't contain your rage if you did.

In addition, you're just butthurt because everytime you've read me it's been wrong and you barely post/read/care about games so I'm glad that I'm making you leave them. See? I can be an asshole too.

Guess it's my fault though that you're mad though. #annoyed

alright, here we go though after that dilemma.

Arugula wrote:
Stop constantly asking people to respond to your questions. When they see the thread, they will. If they are lurking, call them out on it.
Why did you feel the need to change your vote here for this on Page 1?

Arugula wrote:But you seem too eager to make it look like you are scumhunting.
But this is page one.

How can someone seem too eager on Page 1?

Maybe if he continues doing this shit onto Page 10 he might look a
little
suspicious, but nothing that you should be pointing and screaming about.

Slandaar wrote:
Everyone votes him in their next post or explains why they think the guy who wanted an exact start time is lurking through the game hardcore.
This is a good reaction test.

Please make sure you keep it a reaction test.

yellowbounder wrote:Let's not be so twitchy, eh? I admit, people could be posting a bit more, not naming any names, but now is not the time for a lurker wagon.
That's scum.

Slandaar wrote:The important bit is; nothing in the three days has really happened. So he as scum came in got the vote down early then decides to lurk till something happens... its safe scumplay.
If you don't punish this type of play all that happens is the town post early get into a war and beat each other up then the scum enter a little later and join the party.
I thought you were better than this.

Perhaps he just wanted to know? Perhaps he had to do something that might interfere with his play for a few days?

I mean, there's nothing scummy about this(yellow is scummiest atm) but it's definitely not good scumhunting.

In post 101, GreyICE wrote:#43 and #45 are posts that any sane town would hang you for.

Gnight.
Not really...?

TAM wrote:
1. I believe you will find in my most recent newbie game (which is ongoing so I can't discuss) that exact scenario.
Can you give a recent game that's preferably not newbie? Also, a newbie game that shows it doesn't give much credibility...

Also, Arugula and TAM makes both null. Which is fine considering I had no real prior read on them.

BridgesandBalloons wrote:I don't believe that The Acting Method believes this is true. It's a pretty big logical fallacy. We don't know that Charter and him aren't scum together, busing is a very good tactic in Polygamist, as long as it doesn't follow through to a lynch. All we know is that Charter and him aren't Lovers.
So what you're saying is that TAM is scum because he made a fallacy?

Um...what?

DoubleJD wrote:Id like for TAM and Malee to claim.

DoubleJD's Profile wrote:Joined : June 16, 2012
lolk

Slandaar wrote:TAM why do you need to see what Hiraki says?

Either you are lovers with Hiraki or you are not.
This I can confirm.

Massclaiming now isn't a bad idea. We should move toward it by the end of today(as in if we have a lynch we should massclaim or at least have most pairs spouting out who they're with)

ICE wrote:
What is this.
I agree with this.

You can't say "Oh! The Amished Tell is great! But I'm not going to comment on my predecessor."

That's kind of the only good use of the Amished Tell. Intimidation.

Other than that(as in using the tell for its correct use) it can go kill itself already.

Slandaar wrote:
Bridges: the wiki is not to be followed religiously.
What are you trying to say here? There's no reason to warn him about something that's right in this case.

JD wrote:
Oh boy.

We've done it.

2 scum down.

And coming back to Charter. If anyone here feels intimidated by me from Charter's comments(which FFS this guy posted 3 times in the game sputtering decent Chartershit[note the word decent]) GreyICE can put away your thoughts.

(lol h's bckng nto GreyICE. must b scm tgthr)
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Arugula »

@BAB
I expected DoubleJD to retract his townread on me for attacking him. I've seen scum do that many times, because they don't want to get into an argument with someone they publicly view as town. He didn't and responded with decent logic.

@Hiraki
Impatience can happen on Page 1, (although I think it was more like page 2 or 3). I don't see the problem in calling TAM out on it. I wasn't screaming and hollering for his lynch because it wasn't that strong, but I wasn't going to let it slide either.
Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Arugula wrote:I don't see the problem in calling TAM out on it.
There's no problem in calling him out on it.

Saying this:

Arugula wrote:
It seems like you are trying to make it obvious you are scumhunting.

And voting him is bad.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by Jal »

So, are we all going to sit around and twiddle our thumbs until we get claims going or something? I feel like this game has been stalling a bit.

DoubleJD
: Feel free to answer the questions directed towards you about what's actually happening in this game instead of game play theory and other fluff. You can start with any of the questions I posed to you.

Nyalite
: What are some of your town reads, then?

Arugula
:

In post 206, Arugula wrote:Oh. I thought he played in more.

So seeing as his reasoning against Jal is now gone, he doesn't look too good. His other scumreads are poor. Nyalite's scumread is basically because he doesn't like his logic, and Malee's is (although I agree with it) because he has a townread on me.

UNVOTE: Malee
VOTE: DoubleJD[/voye]

A little pressure won't hurt.

P-edit: TAM, could you link me to that game?

TAM's defense of DoubleJD is noted.

In post 213, Arugula wrote:Gah you reacted well to pressure.
UNVOTE: DoubleJD
And you bring up a good point about reads.
And since the Amished tell no longer applies.

:neutral:

He pointed out the probable flaws in your own reads, while not actually substantiating any of his own scum reads which you pointed out were poor. That is reacting well?

In post 238, Arugula wrote:@BAB
I expected DoubleJD to retract his townread on me for attacking him. I've seen scum do that many times, because they don't want to get into an argument with someone they publicly view as town. He didn't and responded with decent logic.

Why would scum even want to change their recent town read based on that, anyway? It would cause more controversy and their reads would look fake as hell. His lack of retracting his read on you is quite the nothing tell, and you know it.

Anyhow, when I have some more time later tonight I'm going to get some reads out.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

Salamence20 replaces charter. Thanks!

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

Unfortunately, I can't give another recent game featuring that situation, Actually possibly the other open I'm currently in (again it's ongoing so I can't really discuss it.) However most of my site games have been lost to the crash (except I think I have two complete ones and one that I had a half of left.) I'm not so much of a questions asker on my other site. In fact Grey, I can give you plenty of instances As both town and Mafia on my old site where my behavior is pretty much as exhibited in this game. (Well similar too.)
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

VOTE COUNT 1.10

The Acting Method (2): Nyalite, BridgesandBaloons (L-5)
DoubleJD (2): Jal, GreyICE (L-5)
Hiraki (2): Slandaar, Salamence20 (L-5)
Jal (2): SnakePlissken, DoubleJD (L-5)
SnakePlissken (1): The Acting Method (L-6)
Yellowbounder (1): Hiraki (L-6)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Fun fact: I will be out of town most of the day on July 10th, but will be back the morning of the 11th. Just thought you should know.

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Hello everyone. I'm going to read and post tonight, thanks.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

I'm sure Hiraki and jD are town. Charter post made me lol, people are so whiny. Give me more time.
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 245, Salamence20 wrote:I'm sure Hiraki and jD are town. Charter post made me lol, people are so whiny. Give me more time.

I understand you have a lot to catch up on, but can you please explain these town reads?
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Wagons suck, time for a change up. I doubt anyone is gonna vote jal or nyal, and im ignoring all of malee's posts now because i cant discern what i can use.

UNVOTE: jal
VOTE: snakeplissken

I want people to post reads, lurkers bad, yatta yatta yatta ive said it before.

@jal: I thought fennin was scummy because........i misread the thread :oops:. I completely didnt see this whole cheating thing until way after my little tirade against you and nyal. Your other questions are silly.

Although, my posts have not been fluff, and youre echoing a lot of what im trying to get people to say. So :p
You got me!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Salamance wrote:I'm sure Hiraki and jD are town.
Explain now.
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 247, DoubleJD wrote:Wagons suck, time for a change up. I doubt anyone is gonna vote jal or nyal, and im ignoring all of malee's posts now because i cant discern what i can use.

UNVOTE: jal
VOTE: snakeplissken

I want people to post reads, lurkers bad, yatta yatta yatta ive said it before.

@jal: I thought fennin was scummy because........i misread the thread :oops:. I completely didnt see this whole cheating thing until way after my little tirade against you and nyal. Your other questions are silly.

Although, my posts have not been fluff, and youre echoing a lot of what im trying to get people to say. So :p

Why are voting for someone who isn't even here. We have proved that votes on "lurkers" don't work, TAM already has his vote on snake. If that was going to do anything, it would have nor will one more vote change it.

More importantly though, your reaction to Jal's attack on you is awful. First your OMGUS Jal saying she is just finding an excuse to vote you. Then you try to ignore it, or make up non-sense. Now you are just saying. Oh it was an accident. Please ignore it.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: JJD

Return to “Completed Open Games”