Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 64, Melmond wrote:
1. I don't like Cheery Dog's post where he says that pecanpies claim is likely only something a miller would do, because scum would definitely do it too, an easy way to get past cops...

If you're going to paraphase, at least do it accurately, if you notice it's "
most
likely be something only a miller would do", this does not imply that I believe only miller are capable of doing it, I just believe doing it at the start makes most sense for a miller. If pecanpie shows enough of what I believe is scummy behaviour then I will still be pressing on his lynch.

In post 69, pappums rat wrote:
Why doesnt this guy have more votes? Seriously? He is making a huge mountain out of a molehill in accusing him of a "factual error" due to some fucked up shit about shapes. He is clearly grasping for straws.

In post 60, Cheery Dog wrote:...There's slight scum tingles from pappums rat...

LOLOMGUS and why dont you explain your scumreads (or townreads for that matter)?

They're all reads from people's attitude now. You're going over the top in your labelling me of scum, and the only reason why this is OMGUS is that you're exhibiting the same gasping for straws you're attacking me with, I am not currently wanting anyone to sheep me, nor have been from the entire time since I posted, in fact if anyone did I would be accusing them of being scum (pity they weren't that easy to find).
My reasoning for FUT is pretty much the same stuff pieceofpecanpie just brought up.
KK is there because I haven't liked his posts thus far (he is probably the weakest of all my current scumreads as I think I just don't like that playstyle)
and I still have BBS24 there because of his use of sarcasm in his second post, which hit me on the wrong foot.
Pecanpie's town read is mostly based that I believe him on current evidence that he would in fact be a miller. The other 3 I have read as genuine.

In post 70, Melmond wrote:
In post 69, pappums rat wrote:Melmond, what do you think of Cheery Dog and his "circles vs triangles" argument?

I think it's pretty fucked up. At first I thought he was just messing around, but he just keeps on with this geometry crap... Even though he said he would stop if there was other content. And there's plenty of other stuff to talk about now.

If there's a questions addressed to me, I will answer them. Also you're failing at paraphasing again. The post which I said that I would be stopping if there was other content was after my last mention. It seems by saying this you in fact want me to continue, welcome to my scumread pile. (though you were almost in it before for toying with my reasoning, but I decided that was actually null).
VOTE: melmond As for the rest of your post, see my above read definitions.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Post by Idiotking »

In post 74, FUT wrote:

Picking the meat off of ribs aren't you? I am being FOS'ed by you because you feel I am not justified in keeping my vote from some one, who I have no indication of him being mafia. I NEVER SAID I THOUGHT HE WAS TOWN. I said, I don't think he is scum. At this point I don't have any scum reads, but I am starting to build some off of the way people are voting for this guy, over something utterly ridiculous. I am not "buddying" with cheerydog either. But the amount of votes and FOS he is getting for merely acting a little weird in providing some analysis about mathematical equations is a bit odd to me.

Tell me, why exactly do you feel cheery is mafia?

This is a very interesting reaction to a simple question. I haven't FOSed you at all yet. And, you do not think Cheery is town,
and
you don't think he is scum, then what the hell is he? He is either one or the other. Saying you do not think he is scum
is the exact same thing as saying he is town

I also have never said that I think Cheery is scum. I said that all he had done up to that point was engage in a distracting discussion that had nothing to do with the game.

For your overreaction, waffling over your read of Cheery, and your assumption that I think Cheery is mafia just because I wanted to know why you thought he was town,

Unvote

Vote FUT
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 63, Nobody Special wrote:I'll wait for an answer before I vote.

So what do you think of FUT's posts since?
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
basketballstar24
basketballstar24
Goon
basketballstar24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:35 am

Post by basketballstar24 »

In post 60, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 59, triangle123 wrote:
CD, we now have three pages of content to work with. Do you have any reads that don't derive from geometric psychology?

There's slight scum tingles from pappums rat, FUT and Kublai Khan. Basketballstar24 still has the very weak scumread and no longer fully based on geometric psychology, but it's yet to increase in it's intensity.
and town vibes from you (which have nothing to do with your name), Paschendale, Idiotking and pieceofpecanpie.

Which idiot would think that a regular RVS vote would be considered scum? My preference is circles over triangle. Anyway, we shouldn't be concentrated on this geometry fight and just move on to finding scum.

FUT seems scummy for (as idiotking said) protecting Cheery Dog, maybe a scum pair.

Cheery Dog wrote:
and I still have BBS24 there because of his use of sarcasm in his second post, which hit me on the wrong foot.

Sarcasm totally means I'm mafia, doesn't it?
Infected!
Jailkeeper, Gatekeeper, Realmkeeper
-bbstar24 :D
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:53 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 78, basketballstar24 wrote:
Which idiot would think that a regular RVS vote would be considered scum? My preference is circles over triangle. Anyway, we shouldn't be concentrated on this geometry fight and just move on to finding scum.

The way in which you random vote can be signs of alignment, while reasons given in RVS are subjective, there will still be some minor influences creeping in from your role.
In post 78, basketballstar24 wrote:
Cheery Dog wrote:

Sarcasm totally means I'm mafia, doesn't it?

Sarcasm on it's own doesn't give a definite read, however how it is done can be productive towards getting the read, much like how any other content is written.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 am

Post by triangle123 »

FUT wrote:At this point I don't have any scum reads, but I am starting to build some off of the way people are voting for this guy, over something utterly ridiculous.

Who do you think is suspicious?

FUT wrote: I NEVER SAID I THOUGHT HE WAS TOWN. I said, I don't think he is scum.

There is a difference between "I don't think he is scum" and "I think he's null". The first, especially since you emphasized it and stated it multiple times, means that you think he's town. The latter means that you can't tell if he's scum or town. You don't think he's scum - what about his posts strike you specifically as something that scum would not do?

FUT's contradictions are scummy, although I don't think his overreaction is indicative of alignment. CD still seems scummier to me, but I could see them as scum together.

As for CD, his explanations for his reads don't strike me as genuine.

Cheery Dog wrote:My reasoning for FUT is pretty much the same stuff pieceofpecanpie just brought up.
KK is there because I haven't liked his posts thus far (he is probably the weakest of all my current scumreads as I think I just don't like that playstyle)

He says FUT is suspicious for the same reasoning pecanpie gave, but if I understood correctly, pecanpie's argument was essentially that FUT is attempting to defend his scumbuddy CD. How can he agree with this exact reasoning? His scum read on BBS24 is also odd because he says it's for his use of sarcasm, but all BBS24 said was "[sarc]OMG your analysis is so good[/sarc]". CD, why do you think this is something scum would do? Specifically, what about "how it was done" seems particularly scummy?

His town reads also feel somewhat fabricated. The only explanation he gave for his town reads on Paschendale and Idiotking were that they "feel genuine", which by itself isn't necessarily horrible reasoning for a town read on page 4. But what strikes me is that, for instance, Paschendale only has 3 posts that are null at best.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:40 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 80, triangle123 wrote:
He says FUT is suspicious for the same reasoning pecanpie gave, but if I understood correctly, pecanpie's argument was essentially that FUT is attempting to defend his scumbuddy CD. How can he agree with this exact reasoning? His scum read on BBS24 is also odd because he says it's for his use of sarcasm, but all BBS24 said was "[sarc]OMG your analysis is so good[/sarc]". CD, why do you think this is something scum would do? Specifically, what about "how it was done" seems particularly scummy?

His town reads also feel somewhat fabricated. The only explanation he gave for his town reads on Paschendale and Idiotking were that they "feel genuine", which by itself isn't necessarily horrible reasoning for a town read on page 4. But what strikes me is that, for instance, Paschendale only has 3 posts that are null at best.

I believe FUT may be buddying, it's just it happens to be against a town member and not someone on the scumteam. "Pretty much the same" does not mean exactly the same.

Scum would do it because they thought it would make them look good, the same reason why town would do it, that sarcasm seem to me to be from coming from the scum perspective, mainly because it was used as a defensive measure. I feel it was trying to hard to get pressure lifted from what was a weak vote.

Paschendale is genuine because he has told it like it is, while it's not much to go on at the moment, I felt as if the heart was in the right place on reading them.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 am

Post by Paschendale »

I've been gone for much of the weekend because I had company. I didn't expect to be as completely away as I have, but I was sick also.

On Cheery Dog: His notion that Basketballstar is scummy over a disagreement about definitions of geometry is dumb. But I don't know if it's scummy. That he hasn't come up with any other reasons to further his suspicion make it seem almost like a joke. He's not trying to convince anyone to vote along with him. I don't see his geometry stuff as scummy.

On Melmond: I'm seeing a theme of holding back and staying out of scrutiny from Melmond. Very safe play. And then he hops on the Cheery Dog wagon, which as I said earlier is a bad one.

On FUT: I don't see a fundamental difference between saying you have a null read and saying "I don't think he is scum." Grammatically, "I don't think he is scum" is the inverse of "I think he is scum." The meaning is that the thought that "he is scum" is not in speaker's mind. I don't think this is a slip, but merely a different way of speaking. FUT is, however, grammatically correct. Saying "I don't think he is scum" is NOT the same thing as saying "I think he is town." If that's a common scumtell that I just don't know about, then that's different. But in terms of proper language, the attacks on FUT over this are wrong.

On Triangle and Idiotking's attacks on FUT: Really feels like grasping at straws. Picking a something to harp on and then going for it relentlessly. The attacks on FUT are probably the scummiest thing going on right now. And I think Idiotking's attacks have been more forced. Triangle is right that getting upset is not necessarily scummy. But Idiotking insists that it is.

Unvote
Vote: IdiotKing
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Idiotking »

If Cheery is not scum, then he is town. Thus, if FUT does not think that Cheery is scum, then FUT must think he is town. There is very obviously a difference between "I don't think Cheery is scum" and "I do not have a scumread on Cheery." As I said before, one requires that you think Cheery is town, the other leaves the possibility of a neutral read. What's scummy about FUT's posts is that he defended Cheery by effectively saying he wasn't scum, then freaking out and insisting that that wasn't what he meant at all, just that he didn't think he was town OR scum. Again, if Cheery isn't town and he isn't scum, then what the hell is he?

The waffling alone is not scummy enough to justify a vote, as townies who aren't thinking could do the same thing. The overly defensive reaction tips the scale though, because only the very paranoid would get that defensive over a few questions, and for obvious reasons, mafia have more reason to be paranoid than townies. Overly defensive behavior is not scummy by itself either, because bad townie players can be overly defensive too, but again, tied with the buddying and waffling, it becomes suspicious.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 am

Post by triangle123 »

Paschendale, if FUT had only said "I don't think he is scum", I would agree with you that he might have just meant he had a null read or that CD's actions don't necessarily make him scum. But he said, "I have doubts he is actually scum" and that his actions don't seem "indicative of something scum would do". That's stronger than just "I don't think he is scum" and actively implies that he thinks CD is town.

My current scum reads in decreasing strength are Cheery Dog, FUT, and Melmond.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 81, Cheery Dog wrote:Scum would do it because they thought it would make them look good, the same reason why town would do it, that sarcasm seem to me to be from coming from the scum perspective, mainly because it was used as a defensive measure. I feel it was trying to hard to get pressure lifted from what was a weak vote.

Why do you think this? You've been the only person pushing bbstar24. He hasn't had any other pressure and the only reason it's a weak vote is because it's a random vote, which doesn't need to be serious.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think it because that's how feelings work, they are thought, they don't come from my foot. (you can say gut if you like, but gut contrary to it's name, is still thoughts from the brain.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Vote Count 1.03

Cheery Dog (4) - Hellhound1, triangle123, pappums rat, Melmond
pappums rat (1) - pieceofpecanpie
Melmond (1) - Cheery Dog
FUT (1) - Idiotking
triangle123 (1) - basketballstar24
Idiotking (1) - Paschendale
Kublai Khan (1) - Nobody Special

Not Voting (3) - Lupo, FUT, Kublai Khan

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline

~10 days and 21 hours
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Alright, that last post settles it.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cheery Dog

If you're going to pick through peoples words with a semantic comb then expect to get your own flung back at you.

You devote an awful lot of time on needless waffling.

Triangle's #59 seemed crystal clear to me, to paraphrase, I read it as
"give us something of substance"
. Your response in #60 was laughable, you pull some names out of a hat and dress it up as scumhunting.

To be so finite with filler, but balk at genuine townplay is mighty suspicious in my books.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:03 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 88, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
You devote an awful lot of time on needless waffling.

I do that everywhere, and when I do it it's usually because I'm unsure of the merit in what I'm saying.

Also I feel I need to point out what is obvious, how things are read differs between people, I'm not going to get the exact same reads as you.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:08 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 89, Cheery Dog wrote:I do that everywhere, and when I do it it's usually because I'm unsure of the merit in what I'm saying.

So then why don't you just say that your reads are still forming, and say what you think, instead of going off on weird tangents?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:45 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I thought the fact that my original read was listed temporary was obvious enough that they it was still forming and the weird tangents are what I think, that's how they got to be there. :S How am I meant to post what I think by not posting what I think?

All reads evolve over time, otherwise we would be at gameover page 1. I have some minor ones currently and because I was asked if I had them, I shared them.

I may as well share my current thoughts on my 3 completely null reads at the moment as well.

Nobody Special - all his posts currently mean nothing to me.
Lupo & hellhound1 both went wtf at my opening vote and explantions, meaning I wasn't able to get any good reactions out of them, thus they stayed null. Moving on from looking at that, they've both moved into the town group.

Anyway I feel I have enough reactions from that reaction testing to safely remove my thoughts out of weird calls and continue on in a normal fashion.
I had to continue it on through multiple posts to get clear reactions out of everyone, as I don't see the point of a reaction test for everyone if it's just called out as such after a few reactions.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 am

Are those the total of your reads from this "reaction test"?

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:21 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Anyone else not happy at the lack of content from NobodySpecial? Maybe its just me, but he's clearly not posted anything of value to the game yet.

@CD I'd have to agree with pecanpie here, you've posted a load of filler. Will you elaborate more on your reads then?
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:25 am

Post by Lupo »

In post 93, Hellhound1 wrote:Anyone else not happy at the lack of content from NobodySpecial? Maybe its just me, but he's clearly not posted anything of value to the game yet.

@CD I'd have to agree with pecanpie here, you've posted a load of filler. Will you elaborate more on your reads then?

I feel that way on both Nobody Special and Kublai. With what I've heard about each one I would think that they would be more active. Yeah, Kublai has posted some content but not what I would expect.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ginger
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Lupo »

Sorry for double post my multiquote messed up...

In post 92, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Are those the total of your reads from this "reaction test"?

My question as well ^
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ginger
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:31 am

Post by triangle123 »

CD, to clarify, are you saying your initial posts about geometry were insincere and only for the purpose of reaction-testing?

I also want to hear more from NS and KK. Hellhound, who do you think is scum?
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

In post 96, triangle123 wrote:Hellhound, who do you think is scum?

Honestly, i feel its too early to give any reads i'll stick to. I havent seen enough from everyone yet.
However, i get scummy vibes from CD, and FUT for buddying a little bit. Theres no reason to defend CD, unless he's your scum buddy.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:02 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 64, Melmond wrote:
@NS: How do you feel about whats happened in the game so far?

I think a large amount of energy was wasted on geometry.

I'm not sheeping pecan, I arrived at this conclusion on my own.

Vote: Cherry Dog

I also think that FUT is newb!oblivious rather than newb!scum.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:20 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 98, Nobody Special wrote:I also think that FUT is newb!oblivious rather than newb!scum.

I would agree with this, he's from another site, and from what I've seen play is extremely different on other sites and should be considered newb on ms.net
I think the case on him is nothing...
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”