Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Post by Smashbard »

In post 249, Shinori wrote:
In post 241, pirate mollie wrote:
eleison - nobody in their right minds would make such a spectacle of themselves if they were scum IMO. his scum buddies would be telling him to shut up by now cos he is drawing a lot of attention to himself and he really stands out.

You obviously don't know elie.

He does this stuff often, as in get attention on himself, and has done it as scum. Think this is his first game on Mafiascum so I wouldn't put it past this happening here.

Regardless I think from what I've seen from this meta, and granted I have to admit it's been mostly newbie games I've read, is that aggressive, standoffish play is rewarded here with town reads, which for the most part tends to be accurate. There's a lot of competitive people on this forum, so when someone is being overly aggressive one of two things happen.

1) Either they are so distracting and anti town that the majority of the town lynches them due to perceived over defensiveness, from which they usually flip town and the games proceed as normal.

or 2) People recognize that scum seldom take the risk of starting out as the lone wolf because situation #1 sometimes happens, so it's a risky scum gambit. And people begin to recognize that the aggressive player is just town trying really hard to win at any cost.

You may know Eleison better than I do, but at the moment I'm feeling like Eleison is edging on situation #2. Especially since they've cooled down quite a bit since their first flurry of put down posting.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 238, Smashbard wrote:Slandaar, i'm going to ask you to refer to my post directly above my vote and that you pay attention from now on.

You quote failed. I see.

In post 237, theomoaner wrote:
You're bossy aren't you?

Yes?

Why do you think scum has daychat?

In post 243, NJAC wrote:I decided to read Slandaar ISO and although I need to read others, I see Slandaar is just an one-liner who comes from time to time,

One liners; how is this related to my alignment exactly?
Time to time; I have more posts than you in 1/3 the time. Nice job trying to imply I am lurking though.
In post 243, NJAC wrote:
Throws a couple of questions and leaves. I think he hasn't contributed a lot, but he wants to look like he's scumhunting. Not sure if that's the right way to scumhunt, but I see he just states a (almost obvious) town read on Hiraki, and says Mollie is leaning town, but withouth caring to explain too much.

I asked questions; questions do 2 things;
1. Breed Discussion
2. Allow me to investigate things

This is just a recap of things that have happened.

In post 245, NJAC wrote:BTW @Slandaar - Is lurking scummy? because I understand that's your main case on PM, am I wrong?

Yes. Combination of Lurk + Timing of it.

Do you think it is?

In post 235, Eleison wrote:
Please Shinori, c'mon. You say I'm off my meta. Where is your infamous beligerance that almost got you modkilled in our last game? Or...did you maybe decide to play a little bit more seriously? You have 14 other playerslots to look at. Do me a favor and acknowledge a few of them, before you jump down my throat for scumhunting "differently" or however you are interpreting my play.

This seems like scum

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Eleison
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Post by theomoaner »

In post 252, Slandaar wrote:
Why do you think scum has daychat?

I assume you are referring to this

In post 86, theomoaner wrote:
Did you just "realize" this or were you told to vote this way by your scumbbudies in your QT?

Because of this

In post 1, mykonian wrote:All role pm's are out. This means day one starts right now. Everybody knows the roles (since they are normal) so there's no need to confirm to me that you understand them.
As with all myko games, if you had nighttalk you'll get a couple of days to get to know each other.

@MOD: Apologies but I may be unable to post until Monday A.M. (GMT), so please consider me V/LA until then. I will try to post later today or Saturday evening, but it is unlikely.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:14 am

Post by pirate mollie »

Imageslandaar. I thought we were going to work together.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:19 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 254, pirate mollie wrote:Imageslandaar. I thought we were going to work together.

Gogo buddy admission?
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 am

Post by Slandaar »

Mollie; you have not played on this site before?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:42 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 256, Slandaar wrote:Mollie; you have not played on this site before?

no

I thought I already said that.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 am

Post by Slandaar »

Can you link me to this other game you got killed in please.

I want to see something.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:47 am

Post by Maenara »

This is straying a bit close to discussion of ongoing games, isn't it?
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:07 am

Post by Slandaar »

The game is offsite somewhere, I want to see where more than anything; so no.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:13 am

Post by pirate mollie »

it is. sorry I brought it up. :blush:

slandaar what do you want to see I have played across several boards for the past 2 years most of them have been timed games.

one of the reasons I joined this board was to escape my meta for instance on one site I have been the default n1 scum kill for a year and a half.

eta: it is an ongoing game discussion cos it is still going on and a couple of players on this site (not in the game) are on here so no. I can link you to other games I suppose but I am wondering why you are backtracking on your read on me.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:23 am

Post by Shinori »

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.p ... opic=34918

A game where Elie was scum, played pretty aggressive brought attention to himself and got lynched day one.

Read it.

I was also scum in said game and lurked most of it cause had no interest in it for most of the game and other reasoning's.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:09 am

Post by Eleison »

In post 262, Shinori wrote:http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.p ... opic=34918

A game where Elie was scum, played pretty aggressive brought attention to himself and got lynched day one.

Read it.

I was also scum in said game and lurked most of it cause had no interest in it for most of the game and other reasoning's.

He didn't mention that in this game above, he trolled emotions and threatened to ragequit, to nearly a point of being modkilled. He was pretty much bitched at by everyone to not be so argumentative and pushy. And my arguments in that game generally were flawed, because my attempts to be "aggressive" were forced, therefore weak.

Http://www.serenesforest.net/forums/ind ... 3724&st=40

A game where I actually dropped roleloaves d1. Drew attention to myself. I died that night. I was town.

Http://www.serenesforest.net/forums/ind ... 3294&st=40

A game where I tried to stop RVS early on, by drawing immense negative attention to myself. I was town.

Shinori, you are still reading me based on meta from one single game, when we have many to go from. I could link all the games where you are reamed out in postgame for reasons I'm sure you remember, and iirc, few of them are complimentary.

You are digging Shinori. You are desperate to find a flaw to jump on, and since you have no reads on other players, (as scum don't actually have reads, since they know who is scum by default), you are forcing yourself to find anything you can to draw attention away from yourself and on to someone else. So you picked me, for switching votes. Worse, you are backing it up with shitty logic.

I am not impressed.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:16 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

jun (3): Telo, theomoaner, evilpacman
NJAC (3): maenara, smashbard, pirate mollie
PMysterious (2): mcstab, jun
eleison (2): shinori, slandaar
pirate mollie (1): thurhame
theomoaner (1): Hiraki
telo (1): eleison
slandaar (1): NJAC

not voting (2): pmysterious, dividizzle
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 am

Post by Shinori »

I could self meta but that would be pointless and stupid. Not even gonna get into that.

No meta is not my only argument but it has been an argument that works on you specifically a fair amount of the time.

I still like my vote on you.

Oh yeah you said i don't have other reads even though I do and I've stated I want mcstab lynched but that guy doesn't even have a vote on him anymore so eff it. You just give me plenty of ammo to throw at you. Like your over defensiveness towards me in your past few posts directed at me.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 261, pirate mollie wrote:it is an ongoing game discussion cos it is still going on
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 am

Post by pirate mollie »

some people need the tautology
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

Look you cannot scum hunt by telling people what you are looking for;
I think X is scummy, Yscum therefore avoids X. Easy game.

I am saying I want link to that game to check that sites setup meta as 1. Its the most recent meta and 2. It was picked by me therefore cannot be influenced by Mollie giving me random site Y that avoids X. If she has played on many as she says this completely avoids that.

It is in no way talking about ongoing games.

Why do I need it?
In post 189, pirate mollie wrote:
I still think smash's list is shit. he might have one but not all 3 and certainly not me.

Where does an association with scumteam=3 come from?

Ongoing game is useless for my search hence;
In post 260, Slandaar wrote:I want to see where more than anything

I do not care about the game but it is the anchor to ensure no shenaniganry. Checking her history with setup meta there can basically confirm her scum if she is in a game with 4+

Link now.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:30 am

Post by Eleison »

In post 265, Shinori wrote:I could self meta but that would be pointless and stupid. Not even gonna get into that.

It might make you look less closed minded

No meta is not my only argument but it has been an argument that works on you specifically a fair amount of the time.

I still like my vote on you.

"Specifically a fair amount of the time". Ok sure. Specifically when? You mean the one time you are referring to? How often has meta pointed me out to be anything?

Why should it even matter? What have I actually done to merit a vote from you? You just acknowledged that meta is your primary reason, as it's "effective". It's effectively lazy. I'm not trying to defend myself from you. I'm trying to get you to stay taking this seriously.

Oh yeah you said i don't have other reads even though I do and I've stated I want mcstab lynched but that guy doesn't even have a vote on him anymore so eff it. You just give me plenty of ammo to throw at you. Like your over defensiveness towards me in your past few posts directed at me.

"I don't like you. So far you also seem scummy" is not a real argument for mcstab, especially on page 1. Meta is not a real argument for anyone. Not sure what made you think they were.

Get off your high horse and start actually playing the game.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:38 am

Post by Hiraki »

Shinori wrote:I was also scum in said game and lurked most of it cause had no interest in it for most of the game and other reasoning's.
hmm...
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:44 am

Post by pirate mollie »

well the SK just got lynched so it really doesn't matter!

peeps, if the scum don waves at you in the game thread your only recourse is to cooperate with them taking down the don in order to gain town cred is dumb cos there are more of them than you and what I know my teammates know. as the mayor I would have made sure that SK was not lynched and as scum that she was not night killed if she would have worked with us. I would have ensured she met her win condition killing me was stupid and I am still pretty butthurt over it.

slandaar here is the game:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/mafia ... 34349.html

you are gonna have to join the site in order to view I think. the game day started off in 2 threads and then they were merged. interesting mechanic. I am in the palantine thread.

but anyways I was scum in that game, I am town in this game why are you backpedaling on me first rule of triangulation is that you don't packpedal on your town pick until d3 or d4 and you haven't found scum.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:33 am

Post by pirate mollie »

reading pacman's posts in iso:

I don't know why I thought #28 was crap it is good advise I am thinking I meant #78 that may even be what I wrote down. he is stoking fires wrt the moaner and soft wking pm. he hasn't voted anybody yet nor is posting anything with conviction despite him saying that is something he does in post #44.

putting pacman in my scum pile.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:49 am

Post by pirate mollie »

shinori: you mean post #37 was a serious vote? cos in post #206 you implied that it was. your wording in #37 indicates otherwise.

also your tracking on eleison looks staged. don't know how many times I have picked a tard fight with someone whom I knew would get distracted but not get lynched but stayed on them anyway as scum.

you are my strongest scum read atm.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:58 am

Post by pirate mollie »

UNVOTE: NJAC

my vote for you was an instinctive reaction cos you have misrepresented a couple of things. but your posts in iso look kind of townish. I can see town motivation in #143 and #183. your wking of jun looks more townish than scum buddying up. there isn't a heavy bw on him/her and it just does not read like you are sowing seeds for a future flip.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”