pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

But before I start, I want to bold this statement.
Everyone needs to stop bringing up bad “low hanging fruit” arguments to defend themselves from suspicion. You are not getting any sympathy from me.
This is my second SECOND game of Mafia on Mafiascum. The first being Newbie 1864, in which I was scum, and won. Go check it out if you want meta on me, and I will answer any questions you have pertaining to my play. This is what a responsible player is going to do in this game. Address concerns against them and, if town, will help redirect suspicions towards those who are actually scummy. I’m not going to fall to my knees and plead for mercy because I’m “low hanging fruit”. If I get heat on me, I suck it up and fight back as best as I can. That’s what you should all be doing too. Not falling back on “Sniffle, I’m just a newb and you’re picking on me! Sniffle sniffle”.

let's cut through the chaff.

as far I know I am the only one who brought up the low hanging fruit argument and that was not to defend myself but to say that I think it is scummy to do that and that it is also just good scum strategy to go after the people you think are the easiest to lynch and on d1 newer people tend to attract more attention. I have had to pull people off the newbs and more often than not the ones who lean the hardest and make them meltdown and out their role are usally scum so yes, I see it a scum special hunting tactic. my method of scum hunting is to point out scummy behaviour.

In post 321, Smashbard wrote:Looked really antitown in the beginning trying to be Hiraki Jr, but Post 79 pretty much summed up why he was I understand why Eleison doesn’t want to share town reads, it makes sense if you are playing this game on your own and don’t know who you can or cannot trust. But I will say that I do not share that philosophy, as openly stating reads of who you think is town/scum is crucial in the early going as it helps us identify connections between players based off of flips that happen later.

I think there is at least one opportunistic scum on the Eleison wagon at this time taking advantage of an easy situation because it’s so simple to just say “He’s hiding information, must be scum!”. Or the much more ridiculous “He agrees with Mae, he must be scum!”. Unless you have a scumread on Mae, you can’t accurately say that Eleison is scummy for agreeing with him.

Post #147 definitely exposes Telo as scummier than most. More on that in the Telo ISO.

Posts #263 and #269 utterly annihilates Shinori’s case against him based on meta. So this, more than anything, solidifies my read on Eleison.

Read at this time: So Town he might as well be a metropolis.

I agree with a town read on eleison but for entirely different reasons. I maintain his teammates would be either beating him up or bussing him relentlessly and I am not getting that. his play is coming off of as not being familiar with working as a team rather than scummy based.

EvilPacman:
I had a pretty solid read as Town for EvilPacman in the beginning as he was active, similar demeanor from his most recent town games and was able to answer my questions quickly and effectively. Post #78 is bad. Seems like he was trying to backtrack into going “Oh by the way, theo is scummy”. Probably leaning more null than scum on that, but it reads bad. He says he’s conservative with his vote, but he goes very quickly from not feeling Theo is scummier than Jun, to voting for him based on very little pushing from Hiraki, to unvoting him again and going back to Jun. Since then he’s went nearly a hundred posts without saying a thing of value. Which has really shaken my early town read on him.

Read at this time: Null leaning Scum that’s focusing too hard on early RVS play by Jun.
[/quote]

I have read his posts in isolation and I am leaning neutral to town, there is town motivation in his posts. I think he is trolley tracking, to use a familiar equivalent to his term "tunneling". also why are you saying he has written a hundred posts since then cos he hasn't.

what else do you got.

one of the things that I always find hard to do is to tune out town noise.

and what do you think of jun. would you consider triangulating with her?

shinori and the moaner are on my list and I think mcstab is too. he is going after dividizzle for the most tenuous of reasons where there is meat in the game thread to really sink one's teeth into. I am only leaving hiraki alone cos slandaar has a town read on him but tbh, IMO hiraki is taking a back seat and that makes me sus. hiraki should be grabbing the ball and he isn't and he is also being sticky with his vote while pushing for a deadline. I don't buy his lazy town comment that struck me as scummy.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Of course I have more reads, I am in the process of trying to complete ISO's 3 at a time and it's really frustrating when my laptop keeps enacting a blue screen physical memory dump before I have a chance to save my progress.

But to quickly answer a question, no I am not considering triangulating with anybody. That would be too dangerous this early in the game as that means you have to have a great level of trust in someone you have nothing more than a gut read on with no evidence to back up your claim that they are town. Trying to triangulate this early is dangerous because it gives scum the chance to "confirm" themselves by just looking like trustworthy town and being apart of a block of players that won't lynch each other because they are too busy trying to lynch everyone else that looks scummy to the group hive mind.

Trust me on that one, I was scum in my last game, and nobody in the world who thought I was scummy stayed alive long enough to make a case on me. Nachomamma, Bodean and Myself in some ways created a town "block" and started voting people based off of bad process of elimination logic because gee, nobody in our protown block can be scum, right? When I was scum the entire time. Don't trust anyone to triangulate with you unless you are 100% sure they are town, it will be your downfall.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Post by Smashbard »

I fully expect yourself, Jun, Shinori and other "We must triangulate" posters to jump down my throat and say "He's hesitant scum who doesn't want to form a block with us, how anti-town of him, let's lynch em!". And to that I say, bring it on. I know where I stand.

Still working on those ISO's.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Not read the walls will do that later
In post 317, pirate mollie wrote:then why isn't your vote on him huh slandaar huh HUH?

I think Mcstab is town because in his first few posts he was acting as the townleader, he had a plan and it was fairly good at the time even though not something I use.

So, why would I vote him?
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:46 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 319, pirate mollie wrote:I am not understanding the contradiction here. where did I talk about fake cases.

You didn't. You think hikari's "case" based on my RVS vote is a good one, "...on a site where most people's first post and first vote is typically treated as a joke/getting to know you vote..". You have to admit it is a little bit contradictory isn't it?

Anyway, on with the show. The more I look at you Mollie the more scummy behavior I see.

In post 325, pirate mollie wrote:....
let's cut through the chaff.

as far I know I am the only one who brought up the low hanging fruit argument and that was not to defend myself but to say that I think it is scummy to do that and that it is also just good scum strategy to go after the people you think are the easiest to lynch and on d1 newer people tend to attract more attention. I have had to pull people off the newbs and more often than not the ones who lean the hardest and make them meltdown and out their role are usally scum so yes, I see it a scum special hunting tactic. my method of scum hunting is to point out scummy behaviour.

So what exactly was this all about.

In post 162, pirate mollie wrote:eta: I think newbs in this setting
should
be gone after but not for reasons like your gut is telling you that someone is bad or you don't like a playstyle. go after someone you find objectively scummy.

Not to mention this

In post 232, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 229, Slandaar wrote:Who do you think is scum Mollie?

maenara and strangely telo come to mind. I don't like the way that eleison keeps shutting down the convo but I think it is an inexperienced player who will play more like an indie than to know how to cooperate with town.

thurhame stands out by his
not standing out

you thinking triangulation was not a good idea clanged.

are you still on with the PM lynch. to be honest I would like to hear as to why they have a bad rep.

You name what amounts to a list of the newest players in the game here in your scummiest target list. Yet here we have a completely different list, and interestingly, two of the players on your original list haven't posted since. So just why are Telo and Thurhame not not scum anymore?
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:48 am

Post by theomoaner »

EBWOP
^...here we have a completely different list in post 325
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:22 am

Post by PMysterious »

All right. I'm here. I'll be re-reading because I haven't been here for a few days.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

jun (3): Telo, theomoaner, evilpacman
eleison (2): slandaar, jun
shinori 2): smashbard, pirate mollie
NJAC (1): maenara
dividizzle (1): mcstab
pirate mollie (1): thurhame
theomoaner (1): Hiraki
telo (1): eleison
slandaar (1): NJAC
mcstab (1): shinori

not voting (2): pmysterious, dividizzle
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:51 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 324, Jun wrote:
And to everyone getting mad at me for saying NJAC and Thurhame are town after only playing 1 game with them: They are being consistent with their town style play which I have seen so they can be town for now. I'd rather get rid of the people I think are scummy or am unsure about before voting for them. Does that make sense?

You have avoided my question to you, so I'll repeat it. How do you know they are not being consistent with their scum style of play?
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Jun »

In post 333, theomoaner wrote:
In post 324, Jun wrote:
And to everyone getting mad at me for saying NJAC and Thurhame are town after only playing 1 game with them: They are being consistent with their town style play which I have seen so they can be town for now. I'd rather get rid of the people I think are scummy or am unsure about before voting for them. Does that make sense?

You have avoided my question to you, so I'll repeat it. How do you know they are not being consistent with their scum style of play?

I do not know that they are not being consistent with their scum style of play, however since I think that since they are playing in a way that is consistent with their town style of play I would rather get rid of other people I find more scummy first because they are likely to be town. I believe I said this earlier.

I'd rather get rid of the people I think are scummy or am unsure about before voting for them. Does that make sense?

See?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 326, Smashbard wrote:But to quickly answer a question, no I am not considering triangulating with anybody. That would be too dangerous this early in the game as that means you have to have a great level of trust in someone you have nothing more than a gut read on with no evidence to back up your claim that they are town. Trying to triangulate this early is dangerous because it gives scum the chance to "confirm" themselves by just looking like trustworthy town and being apart of a block of players that won't lynch each other because they are too busy trying to lynch everyone else that looks scummy to the group hive mind.

Trust me on that one, I was scum in my last game, and nobody in the world who thought I was scummy stayed alive long enough to make a case on me. Nachomamma, Bodean and Myself in some ways created a town "block" and started voting people based off of bad process of elimination logic because gee, nobody in our protown block can be scum, right? When I was scum the entire time. Don't trust anyone to triangulate with you unless you are 100% sure they are town, it will be your downfall.

lol, I like to win games and triangulation is a very effective tool in winning strategy-based games. I imagine in works on this site's culture but something that I have found to be true is scum's avoidance of the game thread that is why slandaar's vote on PM made sense at the time.

you guys were able to work together to form a cabal of your own and controlled the lynch. somebody in town should have noticed that and started looking at the cabal, lol. anyway I was less into the voting as a bloc aspect at this time and more into having a convo amongst 3 players to see how it goes. scum usually avoid the dialogue cos they feel exposed especially in a pressure cooker environment of a timed game but I wanted to try it out and see if it worked here.

I fully expect yourself, Jun, Shinori and other "We must triangulate" posters to jump down my throat and say "He's hesitant scum who doesn't want to form a block with us, how anti-town of him, let's lynch em!". And to that I say, bring it on. I know where I stand.

dude, I am the only one who is onboard with triangulation, jun just seemed interested and I don't think shinori has an opinion either way. stop with the hyperbole and mischaracterisation, you are in my town pile for now but when you do things like this it makes you look scummy to me so plz stop doing it!

anyways it was just an idea, I like to start on d1 cos on some sites I am nked very early and I like to try to maximise the amount of info that I can get for my team. this is a team game after all.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:48 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 329, theomoaner wrote:You didn't. You think hikari's "case" based on my RVS vote is a good one, "...on a site where most people's first post and first vote is typically treated as a joke/getting to know you vote..". You have to admit it is a little bit contradictory isn't it?

okay now I see what you are banging on about, I forgot that you had said that it was an RVS vote. fair enough, I see your point.

You name what amounts to a list of the newest players in the game here in your scummiest target list. Yet here we have a completely different list, and interestingly, two of the players on your original list haven't posted since. So just why are Telo and Thurhame not not scum anymore?

in post #241 I am clearly stating my approach to the game which is that I am starting from whom I think is town and work from there.

the people that I mentioned are not in my town pile so yes I want some engagment with them so I can get a read. also I think it is just good town play to look at the people who are not as active and are not asking to be subbed out cos you will often find scum there.

not sure what problem you are with this except that you seem to think that if I say newbs are low hanging fruit and then I soft fos a newb is a contradiction, when it isn't since I am not directly going after them, I am SOFT FOSSING THEM. I think going after newbs is a scumtell but I do not think that everyone who does it is scummy, town does it a lot.

when I read posts I look for the motivation behind the posts (scum or town) and to see if it is consistent with the flow of the game.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 am

Post by Shinori »

Where'd elieson go?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 328, Slandaar wrote:Not read the walls will do that later
In post 317, pirate mollie wrote:then why isn't your vote on him huh slandaar huh HUH?

I think Mcstab is town because in his first few posts he was acting as the townleader, he had a plan and it was fairly good at the time even though not something I use.

So, why would I vote him?

misread that I thought you were saying that you thought mcstab was scum. I didn't get the town leader thing from his posts at all which is probably why I got confused. he might really be busy IRL although more than not I have found that to be a scumtell and I think his case on dividizzle is extremely weak. dividizzle's post #240 looks pretty town to me.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 336, pirate mollie wrote:...I think going after newbs is a scumtell but I do not think that everyone who does it is scummy, town does it a lot.

A scumtell that town does a lot?!?!?!?!?

WTF.

UNVOTE: Jun Can wait until tomorrow.
VOTE: Pirate Mollie
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:40 am

Post by Shinori »

Lol. That was amazing.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:23 am

Post by Hiraki »

Unvote, Vote: Pirate

since apparently no one is good enough to get theomoaner

can someone sum up the case on NJAC?
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Smashbard »

To Pirate: If the goal of triangulation is to not form a block and rather just create conversation between three people, why can you not just...do that naturally throughout the game? I guess I'm just not understanding the purpose behind having a public/private 3-way conversation when there's 13 other players on board, most of which are guaranteed to be town that you're leaving out of the group scumhunting.

So Hiraki, you vote for Pirate Mollie just because their wagon is gaining traction? Not because she's like, your top scum read or anything? Weren't you the one pointing out towards me that you "Smell compromise on page 1?". More on that once I get to your ISO. But seriously, how do you brush away that kind of hypocrisy?
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 am

Post by Maenara »

Smash, just saying, but there is such a thing as a difference between compromising on P1 and switching from one major scumread which seems unlynchable to a slightly lesser scumread which seems far more popular. Hell, I mainly switched
off
Mollie because she seemed unlynchable. I'd say my read has since muddled, but that'd be a bit of a lie - It never was clear to start with; I just think she's a severely harmful VI who should be policy lynched. If she is scum, not lynching her today will give her basically free reins the rest of the game, because, hey, what can top this? If she's town, she'll continue to clutter up the thread with nonsense, the way she has been, which will distract us from the actual scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pirate Mollie

L-5.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Maenara »

@Hiraki: Basically, I think he's an opportunistic lurker. Of course, he's gonna get prodded soon, so it may just be that he's flaking. We'll see.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Alright--that's basically the summary I got on him.

I'm not lynching off that, kthanks.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP:

Mod: Hi? I mean if you can't put in the deadline for the VCs, do you mind me asking why?

In addition can you also add in the filler details on how much it is to lynch and no-lynch?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by mykonian »

Oh, sorry, missed it the first time.

Uhm, as for the deadline, I am not interested to get it right on the hour. I know in the last days before the deadline for sure when I can be online to close the game. The deadline given at the start of the day is to the day accurate. I don't know about hours, which is why I dislike using the counter. And I don't know how useful it is to people if I post in each votecount that the deadline is somewhere on the 30th of september.

No lynch counts and lynch counts are easy to do, I'll do that for you.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

lol. circling the wagon.

I bet scum win more games on here than town. vt btw bet it is glaringly apparent!

voting for someone you believe is town just cos you don't like them maenara is just flat out anti-town. I think especially in an untimed game. wondering if maybe I was right with my first post as to who stood out which would be ironic cos the whole reason I joined this site and wanted to play in a completely different environment was cos I wanted to get past things like second guessing myself!!!!1!

it has been a long time since I have been the d1 lynch but the last time I was it was in an untimed game too and the reason was similar cos there was a bottlenose of info provided at the time in the game thread.

but anyway, good luck town!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by Hiraki »

You have
votes on you.

MAYBE 4.