votecount

pirate mollie (6): theomoaner, Hiraki, maenara, jun, eleison, slandaar
jun (1): Telo
shinori (1): pirate mollie
dividizzle (1): mcstab
slandaar (1): NJAC
mcstab (1): shinori

not voting (5): pmysterious, dividizzle, smashbard, evilpacman, 10506670

With 16 players it is 9 to lynch (8 to no lynch)

Deadline is on the 30th of september
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I just read all 17 pages in about the course of a an hour or two, so don't expect me to have that much of a solid understanding of everything that happened.

Just from what I saw, it looks like we have some minor to serious behavioral issues.

Mollie gives up with a defeatist attitude in Post 348. I mean, seriously? You have 4 votes on you (that's less than halfway to the lynch mark), and you already concede defeat? Correct me if I'm wrong (I've never played in a game as large as this one), but wagons have a tendency to change very quickly, especially when they're still somewhat small. If you're looking for a nicer way to put it, I suggest reading some Hiraki.

Hiraki. Makes me want to swallow staples.

I don't think I need to elaborate on Mr. Shinori either.

Now we do have a lot of more lurky people, and I hope not to fall into that state, but mostly you'll see me doing digest posts at around this time every 24 hours. Honestly, we seriously need some active participants to fill in the slots of these guys. Nobody except mcstab is targeting the lurkers - hell, all these guys could be scum.

That's not to say I'm going to put my vote on any of them in an attempt to "pressure" them into posting more. Mollie is definitely leaning scum at this point - either that or she's hopelessly trying to defend some stupid stuff that she said. I'm saying some, because I only picked up the "going after newbs bit as a scumtell bit". I'm assuming that there's more, as 6 people are voting molly (it was 7 before I took my vote off).

Don't even try to meta me. I most likely have sanity issues as well, but they don't get into the way of my logic that much. They do get in the way of my playstyle.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Post by theomoaner »

In post 401, 10506670 wrote:
That's not to say I'm going to put my vote on any of them in an attempt to "pressure" them into posting more.

Never works.

@MOD: Can we have prods on Maenara, Shinori, PMysterious and McStab please.

Sometimes works.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:14 am

Post by Slandaar »

Don't even try to meta me.

What made you feel the need to say this?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

Numberguy could easily be scum.

Hrm
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:42 am

Post by theomoaner »

I had Thurhame pegged as scum when he was in that slot, but he may have just been a bad player (or too busy like he said, stranger things have happened).
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:24 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 402, theomoaner wrote:
That's not to say I'm going to put my vote on any of them in an attempt to "pressure" them into posting more.

Never works.

@MOD: Can we have prods on Maenara, Shinori, PMysterious and McStab please.

Sometimes works.

No, you bloody well can't, what with it not being three days since I posted.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:12 am

Post by dividizzle »

Looking at Thurhame's iso, he does focus pretty hard on two specific lynches without providing really any rationale. They both also happened to be fairly popular.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 404, Slandaar wrote:Numberguy could easily be scum.

Hrm
what part of sticking to the plan doesn't fit well with you?
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:16 am

Post by Jun »

In post 405, theomoaner wrote:I had Thurhame pegged as scum when he was in that slot, but he may have just been a bad player (or too busy like he said, stranger things have happened).

In post 407, dividizzle wrote:Looking at Thurhame's iso, he does focus pretty hard on two specific lynches without providing really any rationale. They both also happened to be fairly popular.

Guys, Thurhame is town. Believe me. We have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Like mollie and PMysterious.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:22 am

Post by Maenara »

We'll hold you to that, then.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Smashbard »

In post 409, Jun wrote:
In post 405, theomoaner wrote:I had Thurhame pegged as scum when he was in that slot, but he may have just been a bad player (or too busy like he said, stranger things have happened).

In post 407, dividizzle wrote:Looking at Thurhame's iso, he does focus pretty hard on two specific lynches without providing really any rationale. They both also happened to be fairly popular.

Guys, Thurhame is town. Believe me. We have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Like mollie and PMysterious.

This doesn't sit well with me at all.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 am

Post by 10506670 »

Hrm

I was feeling really badass last night when I posted that. Not really anymore. If you want, you can check out the other two games I played on this site. I wasn't as bipolar in those games, though, so you'll definitely see some changes to how I play.

Which you probably are arguing is scummy (I suppose from this post). I'm only experimenting with other styles, and you'll probably see some inconsistencies in my tone from day to day depending on how I'm feeling.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:06 am

Post by theomoaner »

@Maenara: We waited 2.5 days for those comments? Please do better.

In post 408, Hiraki wrote:

Hrm

Was that meant to be a reaction fishing post? or are you just trying to frame Salandaar when you flip scum?

In post 409, Jun wrote:

Why are we to believe you? Also, it would be nice if you were to present some sort of case on these "bigger fish" that we need to "fry".

Why are we still on day 1? We have a confirmed liar in the town (Mollie was logged on earlier but declined to comment on my accusation of blatant lying) and we have not lynched. I know it's good and town-like to be cautious but you can take it too far.

P-edit: @Lottery-Number-Dude: I can live with that. I still think your slot is scummy though.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 413, theomoaner wrote:Why are we still on day 1? We have a confirmed liar in the town (Mollie was logged on earlier but declined to comment on my accusation of blatant lying) and we have not lynched. I know it's good and town-like to be cautious but you can take it too far.

What confirmed lie?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by Hiraki »

theomaner wrote:or are you just trying to frame Salandaar when you flip scum?
Considering you've said NOTHING about me being scum, I'm going to go ahead and call this an OMGUS

And my post was really just a prod dodge.

Your move.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 413, theomoaner wrote:@Maenara: We waited 2.5 days for those comments? Please do better.

In post 408, Hiraki wrote:

Hrm

Was that meant to be a reaction fishing post? or are you just trying to frame Salandaar when you flip scum?

In post 409, Jun wrote:

Why are we to believe you? Also, it would be nice if you were to present some sort of case on these "bigger fish" that we need to "fry".

Why are we still on day 1? We have a confirmed liar in the town
(Mollie was logged on earlier but declined to comment on my accusation of blatant lying)
and we have not lynched. I know it's good and town-like to be cautious but you can take it too far.

P-edit: @Lottery-Number-Dude: I can live with that. I still think your slot is scummy though.

wrt the bold: I answered you in post #393. who is blatantly lying now.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Mollie was logged on earlier but declined to comment on my accusation of blatant lying

About this, its a general consensus on this site that using online/offline arguments is just bad (I vaguely recall it might have been downright illegal in some games). I'll believe it, but I suppose you could be downright lying as well.

or are you just trying to frame Salandaar when you flip scum?

Theo, I don't understand this at all. If someone flips scum, how are they supposed to frame someone? Wouldn't town mistrust them?

Confused.
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Post by Jun »

McStab is losing town points to me for posting in other threads but not contributing in this one.

and @ everyone thinking my belief and trust in Thurhame means that I am scum:
Thurhame and NJAC seem very town to me. I read them as scum while they were town in our newbie game, and I think in light of that it's very likely that they're town as well in this game. I really have no reason to believe otherwise until we get to the point at which it becomes obvious I made an erroneous assumption (but I do not think that would happen). mollie is scummy for simply giving up at L-5 and PMysterious is suspicious for lurking so much.

Although I have to say everyone here is lurking a lot, too. Come on town, step it up. Even if I don't have much to say I still try to say something to help move things along.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Post by Slandaar »

OK I tell you what, I will show you how I read posts like this.
In post 401, 10506670 wrote:I just read all 17 pages in about the course of a an hour or two, so don't expect me to have that much of a solid understanding of everything that happened.

Fair intro; expect content to come...
Just from what I saw, it looks like we have some minor to serious behavioral issues.

Mollie gives up with a defeatist attitude in Post 348. I mean, seriously? You have 4 votes on you (that's less than halfway to the lynch mark), and you already concede defeat? Correct me if I'm wrong (I've never played in a game as large as this one), but wagons have a tendency to change very quickly, especially when they're still somewhat small. If you're looking for a nicer way to put it, I suggest reading some Hiraki.

Hiraki. Makes me want to swallow staples.

I don't think I need to elaborate on Mr. Shinori either.

Now we do have a lot of more lurky people, and I hope not to fall into that state, but mostly you'll see me doing digest posts at around this time every 24 hours. Honestly, we seriously need some active participants to fill in the slots of these guys. Nobody except mcstab is targeting the lurkers - hell, all these guys could be scum.

Pointless, all of it, but there are lots of words, lots of words + pointless = scummy.

Mollie is definitely leaning scum at this point - either that or she's hopelessly trying to defend some stupid stuff that she said. I'm saying some, because I only picked up the "going after newbs bit as a scumtell bit". I'm assuming that there's more, as 6 people are voting molly (it was 7 before I took my vote off).

Content - Mollie is leaning scum OR shes trying to defend... WAFFLE WAFFLE WAFFLE.

Don't even try to meta me. I most likely have sanity issues as well, but they don't get into the way of my logic that much. They do get in the way of my playstyle.

Overly Defensive.

And that is how that post came across to me.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by theomoaner »

In post 415, Hiraki wrote:Blah, Blah, Blah

Have you got a VI post restriction? It's the only reason I can think of for what amounts to possibly the worst ever misapplication of OMGUS. I mean we are not even voting for each other for a start.

In post 416, pirate mollie wrote:

wrt the bold: I answered you in post #393. who is blatantly lying now.

Oh you did, my mistake, no wait a minute.

In post 393, pirate mollie wrote:
Oh dear. Yes town can drop scumtells, how else could mislynches happen?
but a scumtell is specifically something that scum are much more likely to do than town, not something that scum and town do in roughly equal measures
. Otherwise what use is it for finding scum?

that is what I said.

you most certainly can cos town will drop a lot of objective scum tells too. I have met very few players who play a super clean game. scum will go after low hanging fruit but so will xenophobic town. the 2 are scummy but the motivations behind the 2 will be different.
scum tend to do it more often
the reason they do it is consistent with their win condition (try to get town to lynch town) so that is why it is objectively scummy.

hth

In post 392, theomoaner wrote:
I explicitly said that I was scumhunting from who I thought was in my town pile out, telo and thurhame were on the periphereal. your weird fixation and persistent reframing of this looks scummy.

Wrong. I'm specificaly referring to your two posts #232 which is a direct answer to a question from Slandaar. No explicit "these are the scum who are in my town pool".

You didn't did you? This was my accusation of blatant lying in post #392, which you declined to comment on.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 pm

Post by theomoaner »

And post 325, which also makes no such explicit claim, unless I missed it of course. You have now gone from contradiction to blatant lying.

Doh!, This is where I accuse you of blantant lying which you delined to comment on Mollie.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

theomoaner wrote: It's the only reason I can think of for what amounts to possibly the worst ever misapplication of OMGUS.
You called me scum.

Don't call me a VI when it's not 100% to the definition rather than the 99% that it is.

Thanks.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:03 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 421, theomoaner wrote:
And post 325, which also makes no such explicit claim, unless I missed it of course. You have now gone from contradiction to blatant lying.

Doh!, This is where I accuse you of blantant lying which you delined to comment on Mollie.

slandaar asked me who was in my scum pile and I went with the predicate of who was *not* in my town pile since I clearly stated that is what I was working from. those were the people who were NOT in my town pile at the time and who's posts I was looking at.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:19 am

Post by theomoaner »

OMGUS

@Hikari: You lost any right to tell me what I should or shouldn't call you when you decided to call everyone "twats".

@Mollie: It would be helpful if you could quote where you
"clearly stated that is what I was working from"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”