dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:33 am

Post by dividizzle »

I fear that scumhunting is being lost in the quibbling. How would people feel about a NJAC lynch?

Vote: NJAC
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:37 am

Post by Hiraki »

Theomoaner wrote:@Hikari: You lost any right to tell me what I should or shouldn't call you when you decided to call everyone "twats".
I don't care what you think.

I do care that you're still ignoring my attacks and now making ad homs on me though.

Makes me reconsider if the plan is worth rearranging.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:44 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

pirate mollie (6): theomoaner, Hiraki, maenara, jun, eleison, slandaar
jun (1): Telo
shinori (1): pirate mollie
dividizzle (1): mcstab
slandaar (1): NJAC
mcstab (1): shinori
NJAC (1): dividizzle

not voting (5): pmysterious, smashbard, evilpacman, 10506670

With 16 players it is 9 to lynch (8 to no lynch)

Deadline is on the 30th of september
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:35 am

Post by theomoaner »

Likewise.

What "attacks" are these? So far all you have done is try to leverage a case out of one post and..... Well nothing really.
If you feel like I'm ignoring you it's because I am.

Dividizzle: An NJAC lynch is pointless because there is not enough from him to try to make a reasonable case out of.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:43 am

Post by Slandaar »

Theo what is your read on NJAC?
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:45 am

Post by theomoaner »

^He was looking like one off the few in this game who was actually trying to scum hunt, which gave me a townish vibe but he's kind of faded. From what I've seen so far I'd put him as town, but I'd like to see more from him.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 424, theomoaner wrote:OMGUS

@Hikari: You lost any right to tell me what I should or shouldn't call you when you decided to call everyone "twats".

@Mollie: It would be helpful if you could quote where you
"clearly stated that is what I was working from"

post #241
I am going to have to work backwards and weed out who I think is scummy by who is in my town list and who I am unwilling to lynch.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Smashbard »

Look guys, activity is pretty much faltering at this point. Nobodies coming up with any better ideas and what people are coming up with is either rehashing what's already been said about Pirate Mollie or grasping at straws at the Thurhame player slot.

I see a lot of complaints about lurkers. I don't want to suggest that we start lynching some of them because I'd rather lynch scum for sure. But guys like McStab and Evilpacman are normally very active, concise pro-town guys when they are town. They came into this game with a flurry, and now have done virtually nothing. I am down with either lynching them or piling on some pressure to force some content.

Guys like PMysterious, Telo, Shinori and NJAC are getting away with very little content. We can start putting pressure on one of them, but I don't want to start the whole "Low Hanging Fruit" fiasco again so maybe it's better to get rid of Pirate Mollie so that crappy defense can no longer be stated and derail the town.

Eleison & Maenara haven't posted in a while. At least, not anything that's helping moving the game forward.

The problem I'm running into with with is that we'll never get guys like Hiraki, Theo, Mollie, Slandaar and Numbers (the guy with numbers for a name) to come together to agree on anything. Dividizzzle and Jun seem to be the only ones who look like they are ready to compromise for the sake of moving the game forward. And even if we could get all of these people to come together for a lynch mob you only have 8 votes,that's including myself. Not enough for a lynch. But it may be enough to scare some people into participating so that we can get the game moving again.

When half the game is lurking, there's a problem. I wouldn't be surprised at all if most of the scum is hiding in the lurker pile because if anybody called them on it they could just jump in and say "What about these other half a dozen people who haven't posted?" and get an easy escape from suspicion and the need to be active. So let's lead by example.

Vote: McStab.

Evilpacman at least has an excuse saying he's got school work taking up his time. McStab on the other hand just continually prod dodges and then came in with a bad case on dividizzle that gained even less traction than the starting PMysterious wagon. This is very different from his normal town play that I have read, as he is normally very aggressive whether or not he is under suspicion. Also, someone else noted that he's been posting in other places around the board, but not here. I'm sure he'll come back in a day or two letting us know that he's gonna have to some catching up. I say we give him some incentive to read a little faster.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 am

Post by Slandaar »

If we are lynching a lurker it is PM
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Telo »

^^ I don't get why he hasn't been replaced already. It's been four days since his last post. But then I went back and read the game rules and there is no prod time limit. That's probably the reason there is so much lurking in the game. There's no consequences for not posting.

I could get behind a PMysterious lynch. I don't think this day needs to go all the way to deadline just because people don't HAVE to post. If he's abandoned the game he's not going to do us any good anyway so I agree. Let's cut him loose.
VOTE: PMysterious
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:37 am

Post by mykonian »

Just to clarify, I do prod after 3 days, and sometimes before that. Mcstab, in this case, has requested replacement. I currently have asked someone, but I'm waiting for them to reply.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Telo »

I'm going to admit that this game is a little difficult to follow.
I see that thurhame replaces harpocrates in post 92 but I don't see harpocrates on the original list or in the poster's list so I can compare posts.
Then I see slandaar replacing thermal in post 155 but again I can't find thermal in the orignal list or in the poster's list. I'm a little confused.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:05 am

Post by mykonian »

Both players didn't post, never picked up their role pm's. If it helps you, I could put them back in the first post of the topic, but it seemed a bit superfluous to me when I replaced them.
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 am

Post by dividizzle »

I could support a Mcstab lynch. Although the fact that we now know he has requested replacement means in theory we should give the replacement a chance to say hello.

Also @Slandaar: in reference to you saying that if we lynch a lurker it should be PMysterious, I think the case against NJAC goes beyond just lurking. I detailed the beginning of it in an earlier post and when i get more time tonight, I can state it more.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Eleison »

Fuck. I'l poor. My internet has been shut off at my house & I'm using a computer at my job for the time being. It got shut off on Tuesday, so much fun yay.

I'll have it resolved tomorrow (i plan on it anyway). Then i'll be back and able to focus.

Life sucks when you are a grown up.

Though, gamerelated (i dunno when I can respond), what does this mean, Jun? Can your please clarify this, as the only way anyone should have another player confirmed as town is after a successful scan, flip, or if you are scum (in which case, you know who is town by default).

Guys, Thurhame is town.

Still down for lynching mollie, as nothing else of legitimatly scummy activity has occured on the past 2 pages, other than insults, calls for this lynch, and calls at inactivity.

Jun, plz answer. It's all I got right now.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:12 am

Post by Telo »

In post 437, mykonian wrote:
Both players didn't post, never picked up their role pm's. If it helps you, I could put them back in the first post of the topic, but it seemed a bit superfluous to me when I replaced them.

In the future a chain is helpful.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 440, Telo wrote:
In post 437, mykonian wrote:

In the future a chain is helpful.

I know, I did it with the people who did post. Just didn't want to clog the first post with unnecessary info.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 am

Post by Eleison »

In post 418, Jun wrote:McStab is losing town points to me for posting in other threads but not contributing in this one.

and @ everyone thinking my belief and trust in Thurhame means that I am scum:
Thurhame and NJAC seem very town to me. I read them as scum while they were town in our newbie game, and I think in light of that it's very likely that they're town as well in this game. I really have no reason to believe otherwise until we get to the point at which it becomes obvious I made an erroneous assumption (but I do not think that would happen). mollie is scummy for simply giving up at L-5 and PMysterious is suspicious for lurking so much.

Although I have to say everyone here is lurking a lot, too. Come on town, step it up. Even if I don't have much to say I still try to say something to help move things along.

Yes I saw this too btw.

And by my question, I mean, for what reason other than "i played with them once, they acted like this, so they must be town"? Like, what specifically citable from this thread have they done to convince you that they are town?

ok, leaving work. Should be able to respond in the morning.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:13 am

Post by Telo »

In post 441, mykonian wrote:I know, I did it with the people who did post. Just didn't want to clog the first post with unnecessary info.

ok thanks, I don't see it as unnecessary clutter. It's actually helpful as a visual aid.
A picture being worth a thousand words and all that jazz.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 am

Post by mykonian »

buldermar replaces mcstab! Thank you very much buldermar!
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 am

Post by buldermar »

Thank you mykonian!

Hi everyone,
I am replacing Mcstab. I will read the thread in its entirety tomorrow and comment on anything I think stands out. Meanwhile, requests and questions are welcome! Looking forward to get involved =)
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Shinori »

I still want an elieson or a Mcstab( lynch. I MUST TUNNEL.

But I would be fine with a mollie lynch as well because their vote on me is bad. I'm biased what can I say?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

Post by 10506670 »

In post 419, Slandaar wrote:OK I tell you what, I will show you how I read posts like this.
In post 401, 10506670 wrote:I just read all 17 pages in about the course of a an hour or two, so don't expect me to have that much of a solid understanding of everything that happened.

Fair intro; expect content to come...
In post 401, 10506670 wrote:
Just from what I saw, it looks like we have some minor to serious behavioral issues.

Mollie gives up with a defeatist attitude in Post 348. I mean, seriously? You have 4 votes on you (that's less than halfway to the lynch mark), and you already concede defeat? Correct me if I'm wrong (I've never played in a game as large as this one), but wagons have a tendency to change very quickly, especially when they're still somewhat small. If you're looking for a nicer way to put it, I suggest reading some Hiraki.

Hiraki. Makes me want to swallow staples.

I don't think I need to elaborate on Mr. Shinori either.

Now we do have a lot of more lurky people, and I hope not to fall into that state, but mostly you'll see me doing digest posts at around this time every 24 hours. Honestly, we seriously need some active participants to fill in the slots of these guys. Nobody except mcstab is targeting the lurkers - hell, all these guys could be scum.

That's not to say I'm going to put my vote on any of them in an attempt to "pressure" them into posting more.

Pointless, all of it, but there are lots of words, lots of words + pointless = scummy.

Mollie is definitely leaning scum at this point - either that or she's hopelessly trying to defend some stupid stuff that she said. I'm saying some, because I only picked up the "going after newbs bit as a scumtell bit". I'm assuming that there's more, as 6 people are voting molly (it was 7 before I took my vote off).

Content - Mollie is leaning scum OR shes trying to defend... WAFFLE WAFFLE WAFFLE.

Don't even try to meta me. I most likely have sanity issues as well, but they don't get into the way of my logic that much. They do get in the way of my playstyle.

Overly Defensive.

And that is how that post came across to me.

I'll do a quick response to this:

I wasn't posting much for content, more just to give a quick impression of how I felt about the game situation. I thought the introduction would cue that in (fast reading = probably not the best content). I'm willing to pick up the pace once I am actively part of the discussion (like right now), but any comments I have on the first 17 pages have probably been resolved or already said before.

And while I have a habit of always giving other possibilities, you notice that I said Mollie is
definitely
leaning scum. The other part is just a less likely possibility, so my read on her is definitely leaning toward the scum side. IMO, absolutes are bad in almost all cases.

And for the last part, it might have seemed like I was trying covering up my ass in case I said something stupid. It was pretty late at night, and I felt in the need to establish some internet badass cred, so I went ahead and included that last part. But seriously, most of the time I'm pretty mild and wouldn't say something like that (though it's probably true that I have slight sanity issues). I won't use that as an excuse for scumslips, so don't worry about that.

That being said, I am willing to move the game forward to some more interesting discussions by voting Pirate Mollie. And I will do so:

VOTE: pirate mollie

I might do some voting analysis if I have the time as well. But that's for later.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by NJAC »

Hey people, I apology again for my absence. Unfortunately this week I'm in a RL event that have become very important, so I'll be reading and posting tomorrow.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by PMysterious »

All right. I'm still here.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games