Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Post by Jun »

In post 442, Eleison wrote:
In post 418, Jun wrote:McStab is losing town points to me for posting in other threads but not contributing in this one.

and @ everyone thinking my belief and trust in Thurhame means that I am scum:
Thurhame and NJAC seem very town to me. I read them as scum while they were town in our newbie game, and I think in light of that it's very likely that they're town as well in this game. I really have no reason to believe otherwise until we get to the point at which it becomes obvious I made an erroneous assumption (but I do not think that would happen). mollie is scummy for simply giving up at L-5 and PMysterious is suspicious for lurking so much.

Although I have to say everyone here is lurking a lot, too. Come on town, step it up. Even if I don't have much to say I still try to say something to help move things along.

Yes I saw this too btw.

And by my question, I mean, for what reason other than "i played with them once, they acted like this, so they must be town"? Like, what specifically citable from this thread have they done to convince you that they are town?

ok, leaving work. Should be able to respond in the morning.

Dude, like I previously said, they seem town based on consistency with their style of play from the last game we played in which they flipped town. There are people here I find more scummy such as PMysterious and piratemollie so I don't think we need to waste our time (like we did in the other game) mislynching Thurhame and NJAC. Believe me, last game I suspected them the whole entire time, but I realized that a lot of what I found scummy about them is merely a playstyle difference.

You ask me for examples from this thread... well
I think that both NJAC and Thurhame's "defense" of me from being scummy based on an understanding of our playstyle in the newbie game together is a towntell. We don't need to waste time debating the NJAC/Thurhame/Jun towniness or not since we all are contributing and have been contributing about the same as in the newbie game. I find it pro-town of them to help town avoid a mislynch. I put "defense" in quotes since it wasn't a defense as much as just pointing out that our playstyle is consistent.

Especially since there are way more scummy players in this game and ones who rarely post, I think we we should stop town v. town fighting over Thurhame and NJAC and focus on the others who are blatantly anti-town.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Post by mykonian »

votecount

pirate mollie (7): theomoaner, Hiraki, maenara, jun, eleison, slandaar, 10506670
buldermar (2): shinori, smashbard
shinori (1): pirate mollie
dividizzle (1): buldermar
slandaar (1): NJAC
NJAC (1): dividizzle
pmysterious (1): Telo

not voting (5): pmysterious, evilpacman

With 16 players it is 9 to lynch (8 to no lynch)

Deadline is on the 30th of september
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Post by Smashbard »

I'd love to vote Pirate Mollie just to get the ball rolling and generate some interest in this game. But I feel Mollie is town, and if I'm going to willingly lynch someone who I think is town, I'd rather it be a lurker. So I guess we just stand here and wait for someone to change their minds. I've got no better ideas that doesn't amount to just "lol policy lynch". So what about you guys?

If someone can convince me that Pirate Mollie is really lying scum rather than just stream of consciousness town, I'll switch my vote. Until then, I guess I'm coasting like everybody else.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 447, 10506670 wrote: I won't use that as an excuse for scumslips, so don't worry about that.

hey you guiz!!!!!! you Guyz! I finds a scum!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Numberscum
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Post by Maenara »

Jun, stop defending people via month-old meta. It's not solid enough.

We would get tons of valuable information via a Mollie-lynch, but seeing as that won't happen...

UNVOTE: pirate mollie
VOTE: 10506670

Slandaar for president, Numbers for death! Gogo, scum-lynch the scum-slip.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Man I can't believe I missed that. I knew I had Thurhame's slot pegged as scum for a reason.

Unvote.

Vote: 10506670
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:56 am

Post by buldermar »

I've now read through the last 19 pages.

I can see that my slot currently has two votes, one from each of shinori and smashbard respectively. While I do think I understand some of the initial reasons for voting my slot, not all of these reasons still apply. For instance, my level of activity will be different from that of Mcstab. I'd like a list of your current reasons for voting me so that I can respond to them.

In post 453, Slandaar wrote:
In post 447, 10506670 wrote: I won't use that as an excuse for scumslips, so don't worry about that.

UNVOTE:

Although it is phrased in a careless way that semantically means its author is scum, I think that people are generally more careful about semantics as scum and, in turn, less likely to make such mistakes as scum relative to as town. However, in this case even the intended message is perculiar. No town should need to make promises of not showing scum behavior because, as town, it's always optimal not to whilst it occasionally can be optimal to deviate from this as scum (i.e. scumslips).

I can't think of an alternative plausible intended message to this and will for this reason vote (note: the easy way to get me to change my mind would be to show me one).
UNVOTE:
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:03 am

Post by dividizzle »

I would like to see what NJAC and PMysterious have to say in their return before I get behind the lynch of numberguy.

@NJAC and PMysterious: please thoughts on what has happened and on suspicion of your inactivity?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:13 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mod--numberreplaced... wrote:thurhame
nope.jpg
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:34 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 453, Slandaar wrote:! I finds a scum!

10 points for you.

I think that counts as a reasonable case, especially as the lottery-dude slot already looked scummy.

UNVOTE:

Smashie, this was a weird thing to say...

In post 432, Smashbard wrote:
The problem I'm running into with with is that we'll never get guys like Hiraki, Theo, Mollie, Slandaar and Numbers (the guy with numbers for a name) to come together to agree on anything...

As we were all voting for Mollie (except Mollie of course).
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:25 am

Post by Eleison »

I think at this point, I'd be stupid to miss the slip of the century.

UNVOTE (MOLLIE)
VOTE: ########

I'd like to hear mollie before he gets lynched, but based on the mild activity and such, not sure if I'll get my wish.

Still homenet btw. Suddenlink resolves today, but reconnects tomorrow.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:57 am

Post by Telo »

I've expressed an interest in working with Mollie several times but other than to identify me as an easy target she's ignored me all game.

I hope she hasn't given up because her level of participation provides plenty of game fodder. I'm willing to vote for her for several reasons:
1. If I vote for her she's at L-1. That's sufficient pressure if she wants to live she'll reengage.
2. If she has given up, we gain what information we can from her flip.
3. I don't see my vote on mysterious doing any good.
I will change my vote as soon as I get to a computer and can format.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:20 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Wait why are we acting like numbers scum slipped so obviously we just quicklynch?
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 am

Post by buldermar »

Are you insinuating that things could be interpreted differently? Could you elaborate?
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:43 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 461, Telo wrote:I've expressed an interest in working with Mollie several times but other than to identify me as an easy target she's ignored me all game.

I hope she hasn't given up because her level of participation provides plenty of game fodder. I'm willing to vote for her for several reasons:
1. If I vote for her she's at L-1. That's sufficient pressure if she wants to live she'll reengage.

Reread the latest page(s) and rewrite, please. Your data is outdated.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 461, Telo wrote:I've expressed an interest in working with Mollie several times but other than to identify me as an easy target she's ignored me all game.

your latest posts look more town to me.

I haven't given up up. but I am not fighting my lynch either cos I do think it will provide a lot of info.

who is standing out to you right now?

I have smash and slandaar in my town pile even though I vascillate with the paranoia but I am going to stick with my reads.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Post by Telo »

In post 464, Maenara wrote:Reread the latest page(s) and rewrite, please. Your data is outdated.

I don't feel that it is Maenara, especially in light of her last post where she reiterates that she will not fight her lynch. I don't like the wagon on her and really don't want to jump on it so I'm going to hang back for a minute and see if I can get anymore to go on.

In post 465, pirate mollie wrote:who is standing out to you right now?

I'm still liking Mysterious. He says he'll give out reads after page six and still nothing. I placed my vote on him and all I got was "I'm still here" in response.

That's not good enough for me. I'd much rather leave my vote on him than move it to you but I don't think my lone vote is enough pressure.
For now I'm going to stick with my reads as well. My vote will remain on Mysterious and I'll keep watching your wagon for developments.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 466, Telo wrote:
In post 464, Maenara wrote:Reread the latest page(s) and rewrite, please. Your data is outdated.

I don't feel that it is Maenara, especially in light of her last post where she reiterates that she will not fight her lynch. I don't like the wagon on her and really don't want to jump on it so I'm going to hang back for a minute and see if I can get anymore to go on.

In post 465, pirate mollie wrote:who is standing out to you right now?

I'm still liking Mysterious. He says he'll give out reads after page six and still nothing. I placed my vote on him and all I got was "I'm still here" in response.

That's not good enough for me. I'd much rather leave my vote on him than move it to you but I don't think my lone vote is enough pressure.
For now I'm going to stick with my reads as well. My vote will remain on Mysterious and I'll keep watching your wagon for developments.

okay so what do you think of the numbers person and jun.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Shinori »

I missed it.

Where was the scum slip?
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Telo »

@mollie- 105 strikes me as a good player. I like the way he acted when he relaced in. His behavior was very open and free from pretense. I would have been more impressed had he chosen a unique target and given some solid reasoning behind it but at the same time I can't fault him for voting you when I was willing to vote you myself.

My take on jun- her reliance on meta from her newb game does nothing for me. I do like when she says focus on who's anti-town but I'm not sure who she means by that.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by 10506670 »

I don't exactly understand where five votes at me jumped out of, as I have no idea why what I said is a scumslip.

In post 456, buldermar wrote:
In post 453, Slandaar wrote:

UNVOTE:

Although it is phrased in a careless way that semantically means its author is scum, I think that people are generally more careful about semantics as scum and, in turn, less likely to make such mistakes as scum relative to as town. However, in this case even the intended message is perculiar. No town should need to make promises of not showing scum behavior because, as town, it's always optimal not to whilst it occasionally can be optimal to deviate from this as scum (i.e. scumslips).

I can't think of an alternative plausible intended message to this and will for this reason vote (note: the easy way to get me to change my mind would be to show me one).
UNVOTE:

How does this "semantically" say it's author is scum? I wrote that down because Slandaar seemed to be accusing me of using that last bit of my description as a safeguard in case I said something stupid, as I wrote in my last post. Perhaps you have a different definition of scumslip than me, because I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

I'm not making a promise of not showing scumslips either. I'm saying that if I scumslipped (i.e. said something horribly wrong or horribly defensive) you guys can expect that I won't take the insanity card out of jail. You guys are stretching the cord on this one.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Post by 10506670 »

Also, I think I'm in a different time zone from everyone else, so I won't be able to respond to anything until after your discussion period.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by Smashbard »

My suspicion of you is in the specific phrasing you used. "I won't use my insanity as an excuse for scumslips". Town doesn't plan on making "scumslips". If you mean what you say and stand by your reads and suspicions you shouldn't have to have back up excuses for scumslips. You shouldn't be reading them as scumslips at all. Because if your logic is sound and you believe in what you are saying you will fight accusations of scumslippage and explain why what you said is indeed, not a scumslip.

The admission that you already know ahead of time that you're going to make scumslips pretty much by definition means that you will make a slip that will implicate you as scum. Which tells me right out of the gate you are trying to blend into the town, but already know you're going to slip up and make mistakes in your logic. Which reads to me like uncomfortable scum who is trying to just smooth over any mistakes he makes beforehand by jokingly saying "I won't use the insanity defense". What kind of defense will you use? Why do you need a defense at all? Maybe because you know you're scum.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I think this more of a noob mistake than anything else.
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Jun »

In post 472, Smashbard wrote:My suspicion of you is in the specific phrasing you used. "I won't use my insanity as an excuse for scumslips". Town doesn't plan on making "scumslips". If you mean what you say and stand by your reads and suspicions you shouldn't have to have back up excuses for scumslips. You shouldn't be reading them as scumslips at all. Because if your logic is sound and you believe in what you are saying you will fight accusations of scumslippage and explain why what you said is indeed, not a scumslip.

The admission that you already know ahead of time that you're going to make scumslips pretty much by definition means that you will make a slip that will implicate you as scum. Which tells me right out of the gate you are trying to blend into the town, but already know you're going to slip up and make mistakes in your logic. Which reads to me like uncomfortable scum who is trying to just smooth over any mistakes he makes beforehand by jokingly saying "I won't use the insanity defense". What kind of defense will you use? Why do you need a defense at all? Maybe because you know you're scum.

Hmm, good point. I retract my town read on Thurhame/numbers guy. He can be an unsure read for now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”