Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Post by Maenara »

Yeah, today looks pretty good. Assuming three scum and a SK (That'd be a reasonable distribution, no?), any town member would have effectively three innocents (Themselves, as well as the masons), leaving 11 still-living players among whom 4 are worth lynching. Those are decent odds, methinks. This would, of course, necessitate a blocked kill this night, but that too is a possibility.

UNVOTE: Eleison
VOTE: NJAC

The wagon train goes on and on.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 am

Post by combinatorialEnigma »

In post 770, Eleison wrote:Noobtown or Noobscum. noobscum tends to be a bit more....wordy, like uses more words, in attempts to blend in more, but also post a bit less frequently. Noobtown tend not to say much period (in my experiences anyway).

I can't really say at this point.

Real life (college) stuff was getting in the way of saying more, sorry. But now that I took (and probably failed) my CS exam yesterday I've got nothing major for a while.

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe the mason claim just because it wouldn't make sense for only two scum to do that out of <number certainly more than 2>. And because, although I had my doubts about Eleison, I was pretty much certain Smash was town.

On the other hand, I almost don't see where the Shinori wagon came from.

More later.
"Pro-town - the new anti-town behavior." ~buldermar
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:29 am

Post by Eleison »

That's the thing. Apparently, I'm the only one who really believes him to be scum (and smash, as we discussed it last night). Meaning the other halfish voters that were on him until the switch off.

It's odd..I'd like Buldermar to appear, divdizzle to follow through more, etc etc.

UNVOTE

I'll bite for now. I've slept on it, and had a pretty horrible day yesterday. Also, I have V/LA in 48 hours (though I'll still be able to post from my phone, just 0 PC access for 7 days).
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:32 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 777, Eleison wrote:That's the thing. Apparently, I'm the only one who really believes him to be scum (and smash, as we discussed it last night). Meaning the other halfish voters that were on him until the switch off.

It's odd..I'd like Buldermar to appear, divdizzle to follow through more, etc etc.

UNVOTE

I'll bite for now. I've slept on it, and had a pretty horrible day yesterday. Also, I have V/LA in 48 hours (though I'll still be able to post from my phone, just 0 PC access for 7 days).

Here now, just reading.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:44 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 744, combinatorialEnigma wrote:After catching up on this, I can't decide whether Shinori or Eleison is scummier.

Unvote
for now.

This could be read as "now that votes are shifting so quickly, I don't know who is most likely to end up being hammered, so I'll lay low until a new bandwagon forms."

In post 757, Eleison wrote:Ok I wasn't expecting that.

This is serious bananas.

I'm outing, because my partner drew attention to me and himself, before even completing our backup plan.

I'm a mason, as is Smash. We are the only two (as far as we know...I've yet to see a game with multiple mason groups). No recruiter in our masonry.

If you analyze our D2 posts, the first letter in each of our consecutive posts spells out "MasonWithSmashbard" and "MasonWithElieson". We did this in a plan to prove the other as themm other mason, in case of a flip (night kill, lynch, vig, whatever). If I died, nothing could stop say, scum!Theo, from saying he is amongst us, as Smash couldn't possibly prove otherwise.

This doesn't mean much until one of you dies. However, it is a two-sided sword because if either of you die and turn scum, the other one is screwed too. Anyway, it does seem plausible based on how the game evolved.

In post 759, Eleison wrote:Let's look at votes now, shall we? First we have:

In post 704, mykonian wrote:
votecount

shinori (6): eleison, combinatorialEnigma, buldermar, smashbard, maenara, hiraki
combinatorialEnigma (1): Telo
eleison (1): shinori
telo (1): theomoaner
evilpacman (1): jun

not voting (4): evilpacman, 10506670, NJAC, dividizzle

With 14 players it is 8 to lynch (7 to no lynch)

Deadline is on the 13th of october

Numbers jumped on Shinori too, so for all intents and purposes, we'll assume he's on there.

Shortly after;

In post 751, mykonian wrote:
votecount

shinori (4): eleison, buldermar, smashbard, 10506670
eleison (4): shinori, hiraki, NJAC, maenara
combinatorialEnigma (2): Telo, jun

not voting (4): evilpacman, dividizzle, theomoaner, combinatorialEnigma

Mae and Hiraki are so moved by Shinori's poetic approach to scumhunting, (and i'd assume me calling him out on it with my analysis of his performance), that they switch over to voting for me. I'm willing to bet actual $ that one of Mae/Hiraki are scum, just for that easy-as-pie switch off.

Shinori, being at L-2, never seems to feel enough pressure to need to claim or do anything mega town like out his reads on the potential scum in the game (well, there is his read on me, but I just went over that).

Enigma drops off of the wagon, to analyze what's going on. Not sure what to make of that yet.

Still considering Numbers as scum too, simply because of his openly crap vote.

I'm not quite sure I follow your logic here. If Shino is scum, I think some of the people that never voted him are more likely to be scum than either of Mae and Hiraki. If you think the switch is so scummy, wouldn't it be more logical of you to vote one of them?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:04 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

shinori (3): buldermar, smashbard, 10506670
eleison (2): hiraki, NJAC
combinatorialEnigma (2): Telo, jun
NJAC (1): maenara

not voting (6): evilpacman, dividizzle, theomoaner, combinatorialEnigma, eleison, shinori

Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 am

Post by Eleison »

When I posted that, I thought Shinori and Mae, or Shinori and Hiraki, were scum. Note that my vote was remaining on the only common player between those two groups
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:44 am

Post by buldermar »

To me these seem like less likely pairings than Shinori and any one person that did not vote for Shinori. Maybe I'm missing a crucial point in your analysis.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:12 am

Post by Eleison »

Burder, look at Mae and Hiraki's posts where they switched off of Shinori, then look at Shinori's bigger post. How much did it take to make them drop.Shinori? Not a lot. hiraki clearly didn't explain himself. Lol at "thank you for giving a damn". Is that serious? Sarcastic?
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:20 am

Post by Eleison »

Mae, assuming a doc in the setup is one thing, but assuming 3/4 preset innocents & an SK, on top of 4 lynchworthy (implying scum)... That's half the game setup you just called out.

What on earth makes your so certain that there is an SK among us, and that there is a third+ "innocent" out there?
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 am

Post by dividizzle »

In post 774, Smashbard wrote:

It's not ideal that we claimed so early, as the original plan was to bread crumb our roles with the whole first letter of every post Day 2 thing, then refer back to Day 2 to confirm the surviving mason if one of us should die. But other circumstances have arisen, which gives me red flags on quite a few players behaviors. More on that once I've had a chance to analyze Mollies Day 1 wagon, Slandaars interactions & Shinori's day 2 wagon.

I feel like I am missing something simple here. Why would that be a better scenario? Wouldn't it be better to have two confirmed town than one after the other dies?
I also missed the reason why you had to claim so early, if not for the one post I remember seeing in which you stated you had good reason to believe eleison was town, but then more conversation went on after that.

I'm not 100% convinced by the argument that it would make no sense for a mafia group of more than 2 to declare 2 of their members to be mason partners. Why would they be leaving their other members in the dust? They would be in the exact same position as before. If two of their mafia could develop town cred, it would be extremely beneficial to them.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Eleison »

Sry mae, misread the part on self-confirmation.

Divdizzle, smash dropped hints on day2 as well as day1, "being sure that eleison is town". I didn't expect it, but they happened. To deal with it, I clarified those hints before they get called out, rather than after. Because a claim of masonry after I hit L-2 or L-1 looks more like a panic gambit, imo anyway.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Eleison »

Also, why would we do that setup? First off, claiming mason isn't an instant towntell, especially when under pressure. Second, if we claimed, there is nothing stopping scum from claiming mason themselves. Furthermore, if I died, then I've flip mason. Ppl would ask, who is the other mason, and smash wouldn't be able to prove under normal circumstances, that he is the only other mason, so he puts himself at risk for being nightkilled, while someone else could chance the benefits of claiming mason, and claim doc'd or something.

There is no way for us to confirm ourselves as town to you our anyone else, as it's easy to claim mason.
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 am

Post by dividizzle »

I understand the need to drop crumbs and do the Day 2 thing, but now that you've proven that you communicate together, I didn't think it was bad to know both while they are alive.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 783, Eleison wrote:Burder, look at Mae and Hiraki's posts where they switched off of Shinori, then look at Shinori's bigger post. How much did it take to make them drop.Shinori? Not a lot. hiraki clearly didn't explain himself. Lol at "thank you for giving a damn". Is that serious? Sarcastic?

I think this would look more scummy to me if I had some sort of meta on them suggesting that they're deliberate with their voting tendencies, but I don't. Where did the "thank you for giving a damn" come from?
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:28 am

Post by Eleison »

In post 728, Hiraki wrote:Thank you for actually giving a damn.

Unvote, Vote: Elesion
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:35 am

Post by Hiraki »

It's pretty obviously serious.

Shinori didn't care about this game until he got to L-2 or L-1.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:14 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 791, Hiraki wrote:It's pretty obviously serious.

Shinori doesn't care about this game.

Fixed your post.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am

Post by buldermar »

I forgot to replace serious with sarcastic :(

Anyway, if he cares about this game I'm left wondering why he continues to ignore me altogether.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:18 am

Post by NJAC »

Ok, I can buy the masons claim, so:

UNVOTE: Eleison

I'm not sure about Shinori, but if he's town then at least one scum being on his wagon makes sense to me. So, one (or even two) of Mae/Hiraki/numbers/buldermar/Rubik would be scum in a Sinori-flipping-town scenario. Of course it needs a flip and that's assuming there's no bussing here.

@Maenara:

Again, Why do you think there's a NK? IIRC there was only one NK, are you assuming there's a doc or something?

And, if I understand it well, I'm one of the 4 worth lynching players, right? Why is that, who are the other three according to your analysis, and why do you choose me?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:09 am

Post by NJAC »

EWOP: ...Why do you think there's a SK?...
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:39 am

Post by Maenara »

Three anti-town roles in a 16-player game is too few. Whether or not one is a SK is not what matters.

You're one of the four because your lurking and returning always comes at far too convenient times, and because you're so busy defending yourself and never committing to scumhunting.

If I knew who the other three were, I'd lynch them.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by mykonian »

qwints replaces evilpacman! Thank you qwints
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by qwints »

Hey everyone, reading now.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by qwints »

Maenara and Telo are scum. Thurhame/10506670 is suspicious. Maenara is the best player of the bunch, so:

VOTE: vote: Maenara

Also, what the hell's with the Mason claim?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”