Micro 56 - Lucid Dreamers - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zoidberg
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 am

Post by Zoidberg »

In post 15, PiggyGal15 wrote:
Mod, our sanities are confirmed to be sane on all actions, correct?

+1, please clarify.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 am

Post by Mitillos »

Is roleblocking an acceptable action, though? Or does it contradict the rule about no actions which supersede other actions?

p-edit: @Klick: Consider them how? They are specifically prohibited in this game.

p-p-edit: @Eidolon: None yet, I'll need to think about it some more.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Zoidberg
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Zoidberg »

In post 23, Klick wrote:Also consider Ninja/Strongman.

Both those roles are expressly forbidden in the Rules post.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 20, Mitillos wrote:I assume there isn't, because of the last line in post 3 about creativity.

This seems strange to me. You know, it actually does say "no factional mafia kill" in the rules. but this justification for knowing that.. doesn't really click?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Eidolon: Post 20 was in response to canyon's question about a list. Your own question was answered by Piggy.
options
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:37 am

Post by Eidolon »

^ Ahh. okay.

leaning townish on zoidberg & piggy.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:38 am

Post by Eidolon »

Klick, reasoning for no lynch vote?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:49 am

Post by AurorusVox »

If you submit an investigate, I will assume you mean sane.

Actions are fine to interfere with one another (roleblock for example). They are not allowed to make themselves ignore other actions (eg unblockable roleblock).
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:52 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

I am incredibly sad that mikeburnfire's Flash with all the roles doesn't work anymore Image

I could do a list of roles that should be accepted if anyone wants, what I want to know is if Neighbourizor, Bulletproof and Roleblocker are acceptable. All others (that I'm specifically making plans with) I can't imagine why they shouldn't be.

Thinking on it now, yeah a doc train wouldn't really work, but I agree whole-heartedly with a tracker/watcher train. Only problem is, is that... well okay I'll just say it, if a townie wanted to deviate from the train unnoticed, say to investigate someone, they wouldn't be unnoticed because they're being watched/tracked. So perhaps a train wouldn't really work as it would still allow mafia to roleblock whoever is watching/tracking the one who'll do the kill (which depends on how the mod would word our results). Perhaps a gunsmith train would serve us best? Unless there's a Gun Dealer role I'm forgetting about, I don't think there's anyway mafia would be able to get out of that one, since "no result" would be a big red warning light that they're hit mafia.

...I have a list of roles here and I can't remember what half of them do xD At least the wiki has most of them... except Skitzo o.O why is that one even on my "town roles" list...?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Mitillos »

@Piggy: Wouldn't bulletproof count as a global? Unless it's one-shot. Also, Neighbouriser is tricky. You don't want mafia to be included in the neighbourhood, so you'd have to be pretty sure of whom you're adding. Not to mention, it's too similar to mason, which is a cult and that mafia can use it too and mess things up more. Gunsmith would be pointless too. Would it detect if people tried to kill overnight? Might as well just check their alignment and be done with it, particularly since you're not sure that both mafia will opt to kill that night and there is no faction kill.

I'm going to throw an idea for discussion: There's eight of us. That's four pairs. We can pick some way for us to pair off. Then each person only targets with tracking or investigation, or something, whomever they are paired with. If we are careful about how we make the pairs, the mafia should have a low chance of being paired together (1 in 7, if truly arbitrary). If we do manage to split them up, things should go well for the town. Any thoughts?
options
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

o.O all of our abilities will be one-shot because we're only using it on that specific night... unless I'm misunderstanding the game mechanics.

Since when are masons cults? o.O Cults are cults, masons are town! Actually, having been invited into a neighbourhood as scum, there really isn't much sway you can have. If anything, it got more suspicion on me because I was more careless in the quicktopic.

Why would Gunsmith be pointless? I think you might be misunderstand the gunsmith role. No one but mafia would have a gun unless someone decided to be a vig or cop for the night, but that'll be obvious the next day and then there wouldn't be a problem... wait a second, would the nightmares even
have
guns?
Hey mod, sorry for all the questions >.< Do the nightmares own guns?

As for your idea - random.org gave me this list (using this order, first pairs get priority)

Klick and Empking
T-Bone and PiggyGal15
Eidolon and Zoidberg
rapidcanyon and Mitillos
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 am

Post by Mitillos »

By one-shot I meant if someone is targetted twice on the same night, they'd only get protected from one kill. Otherwise it's a global ability, I think.
@Mod: Clarification please?

Also, for the neighbourhood thing, the mafia could abuse it, by getting more info on what everyone is planning on doing. Remember that the mafia members can also talk to each other, so the mafia-neighbour can tell the mafia non-neighbour what the other neighbours are doing and then they can plan their actions accordingly, while still keeping the mafia-neighbour relatively safe from blame.

The gunsmith thing would work if mafia had guns. I think they don't, because they don't get a faction kill and it's not in their role flavour (though I'd like the mod to confirm this, as well). So, no one, including mafia would have a gun, unless they decide to vig, or perhaps cop, though that might be doubtful.

Anyway, I don't think we can trust each other to unilaterally make the pairs (no offense), if we do go with the pairs idea. I think we can come up with a better system for pairing up, if everyone agrees to the idea, including Emp and T-Bone, who haven't been here yet.
options
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

So you want mafia to have to least possible chance of being paired with one another... but you don't want the pairs to be random? How would you go about making the pairings then?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Oh hey. So I'm a Miller, keep that in mind.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Klick »

I took the Ninja/Strongman thing to mean that nothing could beat a Strongman, for example.

PEdit: lol
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Piggy: If you are scum, your random choice would not be random. That's the thing. We'd need to come up with some system where we don't rely on one person reporting the pairs, in case they are mafia.
options
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

So...? What do you suggest? Popcorn? That would be even worse, no?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by Mitillos »

First thing first. We need to wait for everyone to agree with the idea. It's possible that someone will have objections, so we may need to forget about it. We have two weeks, so there's no need to rush.
options
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I'm not interested in trying to coordinate night actions. Any plan we make, the mafia will be able to manipulate, so plans are very bad in this set-up.

I'd like a blanket ban on Vigging if you're town though. There's no reason for any townie to try and be the hero with a Vig-shot.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

In post 43, T-Bone wrote:
I'd like a blanket ban on Vigging if you're town though. There's no reason for any townie to try and be the hero with a Vig-shot.

I think we can all agree on that, at least not on night one.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Empking »

I don't like Doc-chain or the pair ideas. There are too many ways for scum to break it.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Slight town-reads on T-Bone and Emp, for opposing the pairs idea.

Klick, you've been around and given no response on the idea. Suspicious, considering previous play.
options
Zoidberg
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Zoidberg »

In post 43, T-Bone wrote:I'm not interested in trying to coordinate night actions. Any plan we make, the mafia will be able to manipulate, so plans are very bad in this set-up.
The alternative is 2 nightkills each night until we get our first scum, meaning D2 would by LYLO.

The entire premise of Mafia is uninformed majority vs informed minority. Arming the majority with information is pro-town, and we should at the very least
discuss
possible plans. I'm not convinced that it's impossible to come up with a night-action plan that would have an acceptably low risk but also provide enough info to greatly benefit town. Even if we can only confirm 2 townies as town, that narrows our scum pool down by a lot going into D2.

In fact, I'm struggling to imagine why a town-aligned player would be against such a plan. :igmeou:
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by Klick »

@Mitillos: I have a small block of my weekdays in which I have time to post lengthy content. This is not that time.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 47, Zoidberg wrote:
In post 43, T-Bone wrote:I'm not interested in trying to coordinate night actions. Any plan we make, the mafia will be able to manipulate, so plans are very bad in this set-up.
The alternative is 2 nightkills each night until we get our first scum, meaning D2 would by LYLO.

With secrecy on our side we can night kills positively dangerous.

The entire premise of Mafia is uninformed majority vs informed minority. Arming the majority with information is pro-town, and we should at the very least
discuss
possible plans.

Discussing possible plans give the scum an insight into out thinking plus following a plan jut cements scum knowledge advantage. (Normally I know mine and scum know scum's, this way I know ours and they know our's and scum's; they know everything we know.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”