buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1421, Smashbard wrote:All you've done so far is make excuses as to why certain players aren't scum. Ironically the very same players I have in my scum pile.
This is incorrect. I've also concluded that Dividizzle is likely to be scum. Also, NJAC is the only real town-read aside from claimed masons that I have, so many of the players being in your scum pile are in mine as well.

So let me break it down for you real, real easy.

The fundamental reason why you are no longer the most protown player in my eyes is BECAUSE I know what my alignment is, and I see scum for who they are. When I see someone like yourself come along and have the exact opposite position of myself, having town reads on those who I think are scum and having scum reads on those I think are town, it is ONLY logical for me to believe you are not thinking from the same town mindset as myself. Therefore, your alignment becomes skewed. Because you have failed to explain why YOUR reads are more logical than MY READS.
Again, this reasoning is flawed because it relies on me knowing your true alignment, which I don't. My reads can
NEVER BE EXPECTED TO BE LIKE YOURS BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THE SAME INFORMATION AVAILABLE.
Read this. Read it again. And read it another fucking time until you get it.

All you've done is try to tear down my positions as being "Lol, you trust those who believe the Mason claim". When I have posted ALOT more analysis than that concerning why I believe whom I believe to be scum and town.
I've been under the impression that the only reads we truely disagree on is NJAC and perhaps Dividizzle. What other reads do we disagree fundamentally on?

So you may say I am stupid, but the ignorance lies on YOUR shoulders, because you've dismissed everything I've had to say based on just the assumption that I'm being delusional.
No, I'm not dismissing everything you've had to say - only the part about me being scum because of wanting to discuss the possibility of a Mason lynch - and only that part because of the reasons you gave.

You want to complain about having to repeat yourself about how my views are skewed? Then I guess I'm going to have to tear my hair out if I have to explain to YOU one more time that lynching a claimed Mason was always a bad idea because the other Mason will just get killed and we'll be back to zero information Day 4.
AND I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO TEAR MY HAIR OUT AND EXPLAIN TO YOU ONE MORE TIME THAT YOU'RE STILL ONLY SEING THIS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE MASON CLAIMS BEING LEGIT, COMPLETELY IGNORING WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THEY WERE NOT.

So stop trying to defend your reasoning as if considering a Mason Lynch is this great Protown idea. It's not. It's failsauce in a jar. And I'll gladly mail it to your door with a postage stamp that says "Now with 50% more Fail!".
Discussing the possibility of it is a great, protown idea. As it turns out, lynching a claimed mason is not and so far
I'VE BEEN THE ONLY ONE PROVING WHY THIS IS THE CASE.

buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 am

Post by buldermar »

Oh, answers in
this color
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1424, Smashbard wrote:Progress! Thank you! Now if you would be so kind, tell me why lynching Dividizzle is going to have a better chance at finding scum than Maenara or Enigma. Particularly, what reads become clearer upon a Dividizzle lynch? If he's town? If he's scum?
If he is scum, Combi and possibly Maenara will be town, which, in turn, almost guarantees that Jun is scum. Since I have a town read on NJAC, that leaves two of {hiraki, theo, TBM and numbers}. Of these I'm most inclined to consider hiraki and TBM scum (but I'll have to ISO to make sure that it's a possible permutation).

If he flips town I'll eat my own hat.

Whatever, I can't be bothered trying to convince you anymore.
VOTE: CombinatorialEnigma
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 am

Post by Majiffy »

HOLY FUCKING ORANGE.

Ok catching up.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 am

Post by combinatorialEnigma »

Okay.
"Pro-town - the new anti-town behavior." ~buldermar
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1406, Maenara wrote:More explanations.

And like I said, ask a specific question. I'm not trudging through 55 pages of material again to acquaint cases for/against every player when a majority of it has already been said.

In post 1408, buldermar wrote:Then what exactly
were
you asking for?
Reasons. You don't have to reread.[/quote]
55 pages where I had everyone's name in notepad and just gave +'s and -'s as I went through? Yeah, I would have to re-read.

Specific. Fucking. Questions. What is so hard about it with you people?

In post 1409, theomoaner wrote:Now it's more accurate. Strange how you neglect the fact the the counterwagon is also on one of your scum reads.

The more important fact that there's an all-town wagon on my scumread. Scum bussing scum isn't notable.

Smash & Builder - Hey, fuckfaces. You can cut out all the shit you aren't directly responding to. You know, so we don't have giant walls of 10 posts in each post. Retards.

Not reading that orange post. I'm sure it's as dumb as the rest of your argument.

You're really contributing so meaningfully to this game.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 am

I know, right?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:21 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

combinatorialEnigma (5): jun, majiffy, smashbard, dividizzle, buldermar
maenara (4): hiraki, NJAC, combinatorialEnigma, theomoaner
dividizzle (1): maenara
hiraki (1): Thebuttonmen

not voting (1): 10506670

With 12 players it is 7 to lynch (6 to no lynch)

deadline is on the 27th of oktober
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:28 am

Post by Hiraki »

nirvana will be attained with maenara's death
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:24 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1430, Majiffy wrote:

55 pages where I had everyone's name in notepad and just gave +'s and -'s as I went through? Yeah, I would have to re-read.

Specific. Fucking. Questions. What is so hard about it with you people?

In post 1409, theomoaner wrote:Now it's more accurate. Strange how you neglect the fact the the counterwagon is also on one of your scum reads.

The more important fact that there's an all-town wagon on my scumread. Scum bussing scum isn't notable.

Smash & Builder - Hey, fuckfaces. You can cut out all the shit you aren't directly responding to. You know, so we don't have giant walls of 10 posts in each post. Retards.

Not reading that orange post. I'm sure it's as dumb as the rest of your argument.
Good job placing into a game with this lazy an attitude. You've proven to be even more useless than the first Mason - a shame that two powerroles would be wasted this way.

I'm glad you aren't going to read that post - your limited mental capabilities would surely be insufficient for you to even remotely understand the content, and your response would simply be more mud in the water. I'm glad I can ignore you without it making much of a difference for the outcome of the game.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1431, combinatorialEnigma wrote:I know, right?
Smash, seriously - when was the last time you saw a scum who is in a game with a huge advantage not even pretend to be interested in the game? To me this looks more like a town who doesn't give a damn anymore because this game has become so retarded anyway.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:29 am

Post by Maenara »

Fine, we'll lynch bloody Enigma. Heavens know he hasn't been too busy proving himself town.

UNVOTE: Dividizzle

PEDIT: Buldermar, stop being an arsehole. Majiffy is a jerk, but there's a line between trashtalk and saying "your limited mental capabilities". Don't fucking cross it.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 am

In post 1435, buldermar wrote:
Smash, seriously - when was the last time you saw a scum who is in a game with a huge advantage not even pretend to be interested in the game? To me this looks more like a town who doesn't give a damn anymore because this game has become so retarded anyway.

This man gets it. I completely checked out of this game right around the time that I made that video, because it'd stopped being an enjoyable game and started being a protracted internet fight.

In post 1436, Maenara wrote:Fine, we'll lynch bloody Enigma. Heavens know he hasn't been too busy proving himself town.

PEDIT: Buldermar, stop being an arsehole. Majiffy is a jerk, but there's a line between trashtalk and saying "your limited mental capabilities". Don't fucking cross it.

This is L-1, isn't it? Want me to claim?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:40 am

Post by Hiraki »

That is L-1.

We have 3 days left.

Eerhg.

Not yet. I still don't like this wagon.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:41 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1436, Maenara wrote:Buldermar, stop being an arsehole. Majiffy is a jerk, but there's a line between trashtalk and saying "your limited mental capabilities". Don't fucking cross it.

Compare
In post 1434, buldermar wrote:Smash & Builder - Hey, fuckfaces. You can cut out all the shit you aren't directly responding to. You know, so we don't have giant walls of 10 posts in each post. Retards.

To
In post 1434, buldermar wrote:your limited mental capabilities would surely be insufficient for you to even remotely understand the content, and your response would simply be more mud in the water. I'm glad I can ignore you without it making much of a difference for the outcome of the game.

I didn't think my response is worse. Why do you?
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1437, combinatorialEnigma wrote:
In post 1435, buldermar wrote:

This man gets it. I completely checked out of this game right around the time that I made that video, because it'd stopped being an enjoyable game and started being a protracted internet fight.

In post 1436, Maenara wrote:Fine, we'll lynch bloody Enigma. Heavens know he hasn't been too busy proving himself town.

This is L-1, isn't it? Want me to claim?
I'd rather have you not claim and lynch Maenara because I just can't see how you're scum.
VOTE: Maenara
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 am

Post by NJAC »

@Jun and I think @all: the problem with the CE wagon is that I just don't simply understand how is it different than the wagon on PM and Shinori. I can also imagine scums doing the same and using this wagon as a scapegoat, once more.

I see the two confirmed townies and you are on that wagon, but that doesn't mean you're right about CE. IIRC you and the two masons were on the PM wagon, and Smash was also on Shinori's. So why aren't you just wrong again? You're town, no doubt (especially the masons) but that doesn't mean you're "godlike scum catchers".

However I have no evidence to think CE is town either. I'm being considering the posibility of join the frikkin wagon, but I want to understand better the reasons behind it. And CE doesn't help at all just like PM and Shinori did.

@CE: if you remotely care about this game you need to do something pro-town, otherwise face death and be responsible with the other bad players about our lost.

P-Edit: That's right: Mae is very scummy, and she's the opportunistic scum we can't let go.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:02 am

Post by NJAC »

@Hiraki: you're disconcerting to me. Your defense on CE is gut and meta? :neutral:

You don't like the wagon but you'll consider hammering if deadline gets closer?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:10 am

Post by NJAC »

@Smashbard: wrt 1418: How exactly have I been fencesitting? and how more than dividizzle?
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 am

Post by Maenara »

Yes, Buldermar, there's a difference. Majiffy is just being rude and aggressive at everyone. You're deliberately insulting someone by stating outright that they're a less than functional person, which, had it been true, would have been a life-altering handicap, and hardly something to use this way.

It is, if you will, the difference between someone whirling a big stick around at everyone, and someone taking a scalpel to another persons face and then salting the wounds. Both are unpleasant, but the second rather more so, and it's not a level of discourse that you should sink to. Crude, aggressive and vulgar, I can handle - Hell, I do it myself. Demeaning and malicious? Not so much.

In post 1441, NJAC wrote:P-Edit: That's right: Mae is very scummy, and she's the opportunistic scum we can't let go.

How the hell am I opportunistic? I keep trying to sway people into voting other wagons than the ones currently leading! If I was opportunistic, I'd've just constantly joined the biggest wagon by essentially repeating what others had already said.

Compromising on a lynch is not the same as being opportunistic, nor is using slips to apply pressure, for reasons which I've already stated. I am tired of a smear campaign being run against me because I'm willing to change my votes at a quicker-than-tectonic pace.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 am

In post 1444, Maenara wrote:Yes, Buldermar, there's a difference. Majiffy is just being rude and aggressive at everyone. You're deliberately insulting someone by stating outright that they're a less than functional person, which, had it been true, would have been a life-altering handicap, and hardly something to use this way.

It is, if you will, the difference between someone whirling a big stick around at everyone, and someone taking a scalpel to another persons face and then salting the wounds. Both are unpleasant, but the second rather more so, and it's not a level of discourse that you should sink to. Crude, aggressive and vulgar, I can handle - Hell, I do it myself. Demeaning and malicious? Not so much.

This is Mafiascum, not some social justice warrior idiot's tumblr.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 1445, combinatorialEnigma wrote:This is Mafiascum, not some social justice warrior idiot's tumblr.

In post 0, mith wrote:#You should not make any post, or start any thread, with the intention of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending, or upsetting any other user on this site. Within a game, criticism of another player's play is acceptable - making it personal is not, and may result in action by the moderator of that game. Outside a game, determination of the intention of the poster will be made by mith, or someone appointed by mith.
# Most "swear" words are not banned. However, going out of your way to annoy or upset users who find certain words offensive falls under the previous guideline.
# Certain words which are particularly offensive to a group of people (by race, gender, sexual orientation, or mental capacity) may be deleted on sight depending on the context.

Indeed. This is Mafiascum. And you might wish to acquaint yourself a bit better with the bloody rules of the place, instead of insulting me when I ask another player to keep it a bit more civil.

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:44 am

Post by NJAC »

@Mae: there was a question to you here:
In post 1295, NJAC wrote:
In post 1293, Maenara wrote:2) Depending on me is stupid. Depend on Buldermar or Theo, depending on which side you lean to. Duh.

What do you mean here?

Answer my question and I'll answer yours...

P-Edit: let Majiffy decide if that was an insulting post to him please.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Maenara »

1) I meant that I'm a new player playing sorta poorly, in case you hadn't noticed. "Depending" on me is stupid; you should listen to my opinion, and weigh my arguments, but depending on me is out of the question, and hence a lousy hypothetical.

2) No way, no how. I'm not comfortable with the way the tone is going at the moment, and I'm perfectly within my rights, commenting on it.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:48 am

Post by mykonian »

It doesn't really matter if it's over majiffy's line. Some of the recent posts were over my line. Keep it civil, people.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”