Micro 70 ~ Mafia in Triplicate (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

UNVOTE:

New theory: NS and Shamrock are the scumteam.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Tierce »

Not really premature in a 9p White Flag game, no.

By 'where' I mean "why have you not posted in the last 36 hours and given no hint at content/a line of thought since that vote on Shmugen".

Go enjoy yourself. Just don't forget about this game.

--

@F-16_Fighting_Falcon: We get it. You're Town. Now go read and see how you're missing something.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Tierce »

(Or, you know, reread your role PM.)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Oh, I get it now. There are 3 scum. That explains why so many people are acting scummy.

I don't think my theory of NS/Shamrock scumteam is out of the question with one other scum player in addition to them. Notice how Shamrock shifts attention to Shmugen after I vote Shmugen and diverts attention from NS who was being pressured at that time? Also, him not giving any opinions on me vs Konowa makes sense if me vs Konowa is town/town and Shamrock doesn't want to poke his head in that fight too early.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Shmugen »

Is he town, Tierce, what with the wincon not burning brightly in his memory?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:24 pm

^ I noticed you didn't address my full response to you.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Tierce »

He is Town.

It's not so much about not remembering the White Flag wincon (I was shifting my PM folders around earlier and had a facepalm moment myself), but about not remembering he's supposed to be looking for three scum. If he were scum, he wouldn't just be presenting
pairs
instead of trios, and that's all he was doing until #153.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Shmugen »

Hm.
Unvote

I didn't pick up our conversation, F16, as Konowa has yet to make a reappearance.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:23 am

Post by Vi »

Vote Count Vi:
A vote count for the mod
:right: Xalxe (L-3) ~ saulres, Konowa
:right: Nobody Special (L-3) ~
{Tierce,}
Empire, Tierce
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (L-4) ~ Xalxe,
{Shmugen,} {Tierce}

Shmugen (L-4) ~ Shamrock
sualres (L-4) ~ Nobody Special
Konowa (L-5) ~
{F-16_Fighting_Falcon}

Tierce (L-5) ~
{Nobody Special},
{F-16_Fighting_Falcon}

Not Voting:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Shmugen

-This vote count has been edited. F-16_Fighting_Falcon does not (visibly) have three votes.

--With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is November 12, 2012 - in
(expired on 2012-11-12 20:00:00)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:00 am

Post by Konowa »

Finishing up another long weekend at work. I will get to this tonight.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:41 am

Post by saulres »

In post 129, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:You are one who is lurking. You have 6 posts, the lowest in the game. You are calling out the person with the second lowest number of posts.

Umm... You do understand that there's a difference between someone who feels lucky to have five to ten minutes to visit the site each day and someone who posted two pages of posts elsewhere on site but is avoiding this game, don't you?

In case you don't: There are plenty of people in this game with several posts but minimal if any content. Then there's someone staying away from the thread entirely.

The following won't help my case at all, but I feel it's only fair to say it: I don't expect my participation to really be able to increase until Tuesday, maybe Wednesday at the earliest. If you'd all prefer I replace out, I will do that. Otherwise I still hope to be able to get some time to really analyze.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Tierce »

Good thing Nobody Special truly hasn't seen anything to respond to and that he thinks sniping at others on matters that are not relevant to their alignment is enough, isn't it?

Especially when he's plenty active elsewhere.

saul, I'd love to say you're on to something, but Xalxe is Mr. Flaker Extraordinaire as Town at least, though I daresay it's pretty much alignment null. On the other hand, NS comes back to the thread once in a while with promises of catching up, but content? What is this thing?

(This is your chance to OMGUS him.)
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Tierce »

@Lilyvee: Please replace Xalxe.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 160, saulres wrote:Umm... You do understand that there's a difference between someone who feels lucky to have five to ten minutes to visit the site each day and someone who posted two pages of posts elsewhere on site but is avoiding this game, don't you?

In case you don't: There are plenty of people in this game with several posts but minimal if any content. Then there's someone staying away from the thread entirely.
In fact, massive accusatory gestures in your general direction for this. You know Xalxe was Town in Open 403 (my Donner Party game), and that he flaked there while posting elsewhere (he also flaked
as Town
in Open 374, though you might not be aware of that), so... what the hell, hero? There are people for whom being absent is a scum tell, and it really pisses me off regardless of alignment, but you're trying to push this as a scum tell for a specific person on whom you have this-is-not-a-scum-tell meta.

How do you like them hemp rope nooses?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:50 am

Post by Konowa »

A more content up post will have to follow this one. I want to get this out though.

F16, I didn't question Tierce's townread on myself because I think she is town as well. I think given wincon and possible PR play, bussing would be an incredibly ballsy move. Her push on NS didn't feel forced or fake. I don't think scum would be front runners in this game.

I know there are other things to address, but catching up I felt like game was stalling waiting on me to respond to this.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:52 am

Post by Konowa »

unvote;
Vote: Nobody Special
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 am

Post by Shamrock »

So... I don't actually remember what I meant to say about Konowa at this point.

In post 151, Tierce wrote:Not really premature in a 9p White Flag game, no.

Hmm, personally I've never seen scumteam speculation lead anywhere productive on D1 of anything other than a vengeful, but then I've never played a white flag game before.

I still don't like saulres trying to seriously push Xalxe's lurking as a scum tactic.

UNVOTE: Shmugen
VOTE: saulres

I really feel sort of lost by this game.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:11 am

Post by saulres »

RL may be easing up, yay! I'm not going to commit to more than one post a day until I know for sure, but I did have unexpected time today to get caught up with a full re-read, and I took notes.

Tierce, I don't remember Xalxe flaking from your game, but I do remember him flaking from one of mine when he was town. Not that that means he's town this time, though.

Next. I've seen a lot of comments in this game that Shmugen always appears to be scum, even when he's not, but that doesn't mean he's not scum this time. In my full reread, the single scummiest post I saw in the entire game was his 44. Let me bring the relevant part here. The other "one of the two" he's referring to is NS:

In post 44, Shmugen wrote:@F16 - If I had to pick one of the two to be scum, I'd pick Tierce, but any scum worth their salt knows they have to pick their battles. This battle is silly and not one I would bother fighting if I was scum, ergo I think they're both town.

"If I had to pick one of the two to be scum" -- He gives a reason for Tierce not being scum if NS is town. He gives
no
reason for NS not being scum if Tierce it town. And yet somehow, "they're both town".

Read his post with him not knowing either Tierce or NS's alignment. Then read it again with him knowing them.

VOTE: Shmugen

I have townreads on Tierce and Shamrock which I can give reasons for later if anyone wants.

@Konowa
: 2 questions. 1) What did you mean by "Shmu also."? And 2) Who do you mean by "their" in 101 ("I find it easier to find scum by focusing on
their
scumreads, not
their
townreads.")

Shmugen, for my paranoia surrounding lurkers in a micro, see here, and zach's play within that. We haven't had a hammer yet but Xalxe's play had me feeling the same kind of thing I was feeling with zach. Now I'm getting the same kind of vibes from NS and possibly konowa. I'm willing to vote NS but I'd rather lynch a scumslip than a lurktell.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Tierce »

UNVOTE: Nobody Special
VOTE: saulres
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Shmugen »

Saul, my 'if I had to pick one' comment was not dependent on Tierce or NS to establish the status of the other.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Shamrock »

In post 167, saulres wrote:Tierce, I don't remember Xalxe flaking from your game, but I do remember him flaking from one of mine when he was town.
Not that that means he's town this time
, though.

Next. I've seen a lot of comments in this game that Shmugen always appears to be scum, even when he's not,
but that doesn't mean he's not scum this time.

:?

I don't like this at all. It looks like you're intentionally disregarding evidence you ought to be taking into account because you just particularly want to push cases on these players.

I mean, you're not wrong. They could be scum. But I really dislike the way you point out that this information exists and is potentially valuable, but then fail to integrate it into the conclusions you draw in any substantial manner.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 am

Post by Shamrock »

Especially because this is meta-evidence, and you're using meta-evidence to justify lurkers being dangerous in micros, but you're not willing to take meta-evidence into account when it pushes against the argument you've decided on...?
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

Post by Shmugen »

Vote: Saulres
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Tierce »

That's an L-1. You're all warned, no derphammers please.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 am

In post 167, saulres wrote:
I have townreads on Tierce and Shamrock which I can give reasons for later if anyone wants.

Yes, please.

In post 164, Konowa wrote:A more content up post will have to follow this one. I want to get this out though.

F16, I didn't question Tierce's townread on myself because I think she is town as well. I think given wincon and possible PR play, bussing would be an incredibly ballsy move. Her push on NS didn't feel forced or fake. I don't think scum would be front runners in this game.

I know there are other things to address, but catching up I felt like game was stalling waiting on me to respond to this.

Okay, there are plenty of problems with that assessment (why wouldn't Tierce be trying to mislynch town-NS? what does white-flag have to do with scum being "frontrunners" in the game? etc.) but my gut says you are town so we'll skate over all of that for now.

In post 167, saulres wrote:
In post 44, Shmugen wrote:@F16 - If I had to pick one of the two to be scum, I'd pick Tierce, but any scum worth their salt knows they have to pick their battles. This battle is silly and not one I would bother fighting if I was scum, ergo I think they're both town.

"If I had to pick one of the two to be scum" -- He gives a reason for Tierce not being scum if NS is town. He gives
no
reason for NS not being scum if Tierce it town. And yet somehow, "they're both town".
Read his post with him not knowing either Tierce or NS's alignment. Then read it again with him knowing them.

I don't get it. But I found this post suspicious for a different reason. Why would Shmugen want to "pick his battles" as
town
? He says any scum would have pick their battles, not any town. This post came off as really odd but I don't know what to make of it.

--------------------

I found Saulres suspicious but the quick votes on Saulres are concerning. The L-1 wagon came so quick, I am starting to doubt whether it is on scum.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”