Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 997, xtopherusD wrote: What kind of situation calls for you to feel "required" to give reasons? What drastic thing would have to happen for you to decide that you want to attest to your read??

Either them becoming a large lynch target, or me nearing lynch (or twilight after I'm lynched)

In post 998, xtopherusD wrote:
What do you think of Nacho?? Is he good or is he evil? Give me two words. The first will be "He's" and the second has to be four letters. There, you don't have to make a decision on how to say it, at least.

he's cake?
Spoiler: because I don't like listing to suggestions of how many words I should type (however actually answers your question)
The line above my vote should help
In post 968, Cheery Dog wrote:
Ok, my main scumreads are Paschendale & Nachomamma

Also my confirmation stage post which states that half of Titan is scum, I'd be happy for them to be lynched as well
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Post by Phillammon »

I have to add myself to the torg is awesome pool. Also, that's some pretty solid analysis there. Not got long, but: Pash's replacing out feels like a scum reaction to me, Cheerydog looks like scum trying to look town rather than genuinely town, and Nacho is looking very town over the last few pages.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Post by Pandorica »

In post 967, Titan wrote:
In post 954, Porfervor wrote:
Vote: Cheery Dog

wanted to stay on paschendale but this fucker needs to get buried six feet under

Stop it. He's not scum.

In post 972, Titan wrote:
In post 969, Robocopter87 wrote:You just voted Nacho for bad vibes right after Nacho accused you of being scum

UNVOTE: DeasVail
VOTE: Cheery Dog

Seriously. This is the wagon.

Sigh. His aloofness seriously doesn't read as scum.

In post 973, Titan wrote:Actually hold up he might be scum.

Holy cow you are bad. You're calling Malpascpospaif town and Cheery Dog town, but then decide that Cheery Dog is scum in the space of like three posts?

Also your votecounts just come off as scum trying too hard to be helpful.

Cheery Dog is probably scum, malpaspc isn't far behind him, Paschendale is quite obviously scummy and Phillammon is up there.
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Post by xtopherusD »

@Cheery Dog.
So your main scumreads are Nachomamma and Paschendale? Are they just so terrible that a vig shot is too humane for them to go?? I guess they're just
so
horrible that nothing short of a lynch mob can truly put them to justice, then?

And you cannot be serious about the doubly-aligned hydra idea. What the hell do you think of Titan? Don't fucking tell me he's cake.
no.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think it is a doubly aligned hydra, just I'm picking up scummy vibes from one head while towny vibes from the other.
I had given them the benefit of the doubt earlier, but them the random switch from defending me to saying I may be scum just put me over into seeing the whole hydra as possible scum.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:15 am

Post by xtopherusD »

You didn't think that in the confirmation phase post. Here is what Titan's second (???) head said:
In post 85, Titan wrote:He [the first head] sometimes says things without thinking and speculates about the setup far too much.

You said
In post 86, Cheery Dog wrote:So half your hydra is scum?

Can you honestly tell me that that post was not a joke? Because your #1001 implies that it was not. Your #1005 also hints that you picked up on different "vibes", when it's clearly seen right here that Titan's "good" head pointed you straight to them.

And now that Titan's done this strange vote-switching thing, why are you even calling back to the confirmation phase? [#1001] What does your joke suspicion from back then have to do with who you seriously think is scum now??
no.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Titan hasn't actually changed their vote, it's just a strange change to reads.
The half-scum was originally a joke, however it has become serious now.
The confirmation stage is still apart of this game, even it was all mostly joking.
That is not the only parts where Titan has posted that I have been slightly suspicious, these were not posted because the game had moved on by the time I read them and the "good" head had changed my opinion of that slot by the time I got to the lastest page at that stage they had become a town read. (around the area that I asked about the townread someone had of Noir)
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 872, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 869, buldermar wrote:
In post 867, Robocopter87 wrote:Am I done lurking yet?
No, come back once you've tried skydiving and tell me about it.

You realize that unclaiming is not a real thing, right?
You should also realize that claiming scum is ridiculous.
Also realizing that the red is ridiculously annoying.

At this point, it should be entirely obvious to everyone to ignore buldermar. Hes clearly anti-town but not scum.

If people have already come to this conclusion then cool, I skimmed.

Whoever said I should be vigged should be vigged themselves.

Whoever wanted buldermar to die once he claimed is quite scummy, and honestly Nacho said that Pasch was town so I'm clearly not doing anything right.

Whoever said that I was just trying to have fun is just pretty much right on the money.

So according to all this I agree with the DV lynch.

UNVOTE: Paschendale
VOTE: DeasVail
Unclaiming is just as real a thing as claiming is. If you acknowledge the premise of claims, you're automatically also acknowledging the premise of unclaims - they are sides of the same logical coin.

Why is claiming scum more ridiculous than claiming town? In reverse land, claiming town would be the ridiculous thing to do and since this is a game of WIFOM, reverse land is very real.

I think you need to explain why red is annoying.

I think it is anti-town of you to suggest that people ignore me. I also think it is incorrect to state that I'm anti-town.

I don't think whoever wanted me to die once I claimed is scummy. I think more often than not it means that the person isn't very knowledgeable.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 881, ActionDan wrote:As to the questions; No, he's not replacing out because he's embarrased he was found out as scum even if he were scum. That would require a level of dignity unfit for a human being that I am not prepared to ascribe to paschle. If he's replacing out, it's because he means what he says, that he has no idea why there's a large wagon on him for reasons he can't fathom, which imo is null (although the way he said it makes me lean town on the slot and makes me adverse to lynching it in general).
I sincerely disagree on this matter.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:11 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 945, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 939, Porfervor wrote:specifics idiot, im trying to actually gauge a read out of you

If I actually had names to give you, I wouldn't be voting the person that claimed scum.

I guess I can give you people I'm reading null.
- some of these may have slight town points, but not enough to be removed from this list. and I'm not actually sure about all the hyrdas, but I guess they are safe for now.
2. combinatorialEnigma
3. Nachomamma8
4. AurorusVox
5. Alduskkel
7. malpascp Strider
9. Paschendale
12. buldermar

13. Phillammon
15. ActionDan
16. SoraAdvent
17. Maenara GaryOak
21. BroodKingEXE
22. ζ (lowercaseZeta)
24. Guy_Named_Riggs
26. Nikanor
27. numberQ
I lol'ed.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 958, xtopherusD wrote:and deduced that DeasVail (or the other one?) is probably scum for what he did.
This is incorrect. I deduced that they're probably town.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:23 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 999, torgonitoh wrote:Evanjalin - 1 - who is this mans????????///
If you had been reading the game you'd know it's an alt of DeasVail.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 am

Post by buldermar »

Cheery Dog, explain to me why you put me on your null list while voting me.

VOTE: Cheery Dog
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:28 am

Post by xtopherusD »

I agree that the confirmation phase is as much a part of this game as anything else. However, answering a current question with a reference to something that was over 900 posts ago and with no visible continuation is nearly as bad as dodging a question or ignoring it altogether.

How did the joke become serious? What kind of a sick joke is this??
And how do you know that Titan's Rational HeadTM won't come along and change your mind again??

So do you think that Titan is scum? This is a yes/no question.
If yes, why is the two-headed dilemma so vital two being up? If not, why did you say that you would be "happy for them to be lynched as well"?

buldermar. This would probably be correct. I have not had a chance to read through what happened again. However, the faction of the deduction is not the issue here. The issue is the deduction, and the way you went about achieving it.
no.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:32 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1014, xtopherusD wrote:The issue is the deduction, and the way you went about achieving it.
Could you quote the part you find problematic?
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 am

Post by buldermar »

I just realized that Nacho who was recently voted by Cheery Dog is also on the infamous null list. Hilarious.
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:43 am

Post by xtopherusD »

buldermar wrote:
Could you quote the part you find problematic?
No, I actually couldn't! It's the entire thing! All of your posts between 773 until like 854 are this gambit thing! Which if you're town is just terribad!

As I said. Reaction fishing can never be in any way safe. And you did a quick and dirty 90 minute fish that caught you a single suspected Town read.
(and you can see some of my other posts about my views on townhunting :/ )
no.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1016, buldermar wrote:I just realized that Nacho who was recently voted by Cheery Dog is also on the infamous null list. Hilarious.

Did you also notice that I said I didn't have any true scumreads at the time of posting the null list? Yeah that helps.

And I voted you at whatever that time was because
1. You had claimed (and unclaimed) scum, I have no idea why you were doing this.
2. The whole conversation at the stage was putting you in bad light.
3. You using red font is annoying.
3a. This is because I am used to all players using black.
3b. When used in large quantities it makes reading more annoying.
3c. It looks awful when quoted and annoys my eyes even more when I switch from reading black>red>black>red
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1017, xtopherusD wrote:And you did a quick and dirty 90 minute fish that caught you a single suspected Town read.
I got at least two strong town reads that I already mentioned. You must not be reading the game closely - don't fault me for that as well.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1014, xtopherusD wrote:
How did the joke become serious?

It became serious because I actually started considering Titan possible scum. If I am considering someone possible scum, all my interactions with them become more serious even if they weren't at the time.
And how do you know that Titan's Rational HeadTM won't come along and change your mind again??

I don't, that's the fun trying to figure out the alignment of a hydra. (and if the rational head does change my mind again, the question will have become a joke again (you can still consider it a joke now if you like, but in my mind it's currently a serious question)
If yes, why is the two-headed dilemma so vital two being up? If not, why did you say that you would be "happy for them to be lynched as well"?

Yes.
and I don't understand what else you are asking here, so also yes to that.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:56 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1018, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 1016, buldermar wrote:I just realized that Nacho who was recently voted by Cheery Dog is also on the infamous null list. Hilarious.

Did you also notice that I said I didn't have any true scumreads at the time of posting the null list? Yeah that helps.

And I voted you at whatever that time was because
1. You had claimed (and unclaimed) scum, I have no idea why you were doing this.
2. The whole conversation at the stage was putting you in bad light.
3. You using red font is annoying.
3a. This is because I am used to all players using black.
3b. When used in large quantities it makes reading more annoying.
3c. It looks awful when quoted and annoys my eyes even more when I switch from reading black>red>black>red
You voted me
while having me on your list of nulls.

1. is a fallacious reason that does not reflect alignment.
2. is a matter of opinion, you'll have to elaborate.
3. is a fallacious reason and utterly unrelated to my alignment.
3a. I don't care what you're used and not used to.
3b. that's a matter of opinion.
3c. your eyes must not be functioning properly. I'd advice you to get them checked.

My turn:

1. you neglected commenting on the fact that you voted me while having me on your list of nulls
2. you've not listed a single reason for voting me that is related to alignment estimation

You're scum scum scum no matter what, it's posts that you make you can never make enough. And every time you make them, your scumminess goes up.... and it stays there!
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:10 am

Post by xtopherusD »

In post 1020, Cheery Dog wrote:

It became serious because I actually started considering Titan possible scum. If I am considering someone possible scum, all my interactions with them become more serious even if they weren't at the time.
Trains of thought do not work in retrospect ever. Nor does seriousness. Old jokes don't become serious when you want them to. Don't come out with crap like that again.
Cheery Dog wrote:

I don't, that's the fun trying to figure out the alignment of a hydra. (and if the rational head does change my mind again, the question will have become a joke again (you can still consider it a joke now if you like, but in my mind it's currently a serious question)
What the hell question are you on about? Also... Even though it's two people posting, it's still the one player. "figuring out the alignment of a hydra" should be the same as "figuring out the alignment of a player". There should be no difference in the way you read them. You cannot vote for just Arthur, or for just Tammy, so you can't treat them as separate players.
Cheery Dog wrote:

Yes.

The second question was not a yes/no question, but I'll attribute your ignorance to my auto correct. The sentence should read
"If yes, why is the two-headed dilemma so vital to bring up now?"
Since you think that Titan is scum, why did you feel the need to mention your early post about Titan's heads' alignments??
no.
xtopherusD
xtopherusD
Goon
xtopherusD
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:10 am

Post by xtopherusD »

In post 1020, Cheery Dog wrote:

Trains of thought do not work in retrospect ever. Nor does seriousness. Old jokes don't become serious when you want them to. Don't come out with crap like that again.
Cheery Dog wrote:

What the hell question are you on about? Also... Even though it's two people posting, it's still the one player. "figuring out the alignment of a hydra" should be the same as "figuring out the alignment of a player". There should be no difference in the way you read them. You cannot vote for just Arthur, or for just Tammy, so you can't treat them as separate players.
Cheery Dog wrote:

Yes.

The second question was not a yes/no question, but I'll attribute your ignorance to my auto correct. The sentence should read
"If yes, why is the two-headed dilemma so vital to bring up now?"
Since you think that Titan is scum, why did you feel the need to mention your early post about Titan's heads' alignments??
no.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:43 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 997, xtopherusD wrote:
In post 992, Cheery Dog wrote:If I feel it is required for me to give reasons, then yes, otherwise no.
What kind of situation calls for you to feel "required" to give reasons? What drastic thing would have to happen for you to decide that you want to attest to your read??

Cheery Dog wrote:I was dayvigged recently in another game by someone I didn't believe, and since that happened I am currently believable of those who apparently claim vig.
I will lower my null list when it gets possible, currently there are too many inactives to get clear reads.
I think I've essentially become the dayvig fodder if Porfervor is able to turn on someone who doesn't believe him/them, Dog.
There
has
to be a point where people who are staying in the null list too long start being scummy for staying out of the radar. And the thing is, you've been doing exactly that for some time now! And when confronted about it, you've stayed indecisive and vague about things. Is there seriously
no one
that you would see lynched other than someone who decided to claim scum?? Or Nacho... who you have "bad vibes" about.

Pretty sure this post hit on a towntell.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”