absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 190, Slandaar wrote:Absta what is your take on Radelle?
She seems town. I had a read through her ISO.
---
VOTE: Abbadon
Not liking post #82. It's fake bs.
Abbadon wrote:Attacks on scum that are just plain bad only give you ways to worm your way out of it by calling foul.
You don't help your scum read unless you don't believe they're scum (anymore). I would have accepted something like "Bad attacks on my scum read makes me doubt my read on him".
Can you explain why what you said is something town should be worried about (so much that they defend their scum reads to avoid it)?

Abbadon's trying to look 'reasonable' which is scummy in this case.
You're still scummy, but I won't abide no-logic attacks just because they're aimed in the right direction. That's hypocrisy of the worst sort, and I won't put up with that.
I don't see this from a town POV. We play to win. If you think someone is attacking "in the right direction" you wouldn't defend your suspect regardless of how bad the attack was.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 199, Tommy wrote:So Abaddon should have awarded Parama a town read for agreeing with him about Radelle?

Yes; Abaddon agreed with Parama though not the other way round; ie Parama saying it first should mean from Abaddons perspective Abaddon thinks Parama is town to some degree.

I think Radelle is town also.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Firstly I should unvote, I kind of forgot to... so...
UNVOTE:

Secondly this is my reads, with some explanations, mostly taken from the spreadsheet some added later on as people have posted more.
Abaddon

Neutral-ish, 4.6

Really not much to go on, Only #123 and #144 hints at slight scum, but only if Panama was his scum buddy. Lot of neutral posts, occasional personal attacks suggest that maybe he is dishonorable intentions. But there is a large spread of slightly townie and slightly scummy posts. Will need more information in order to build anything substantial.

Toxictapian

Slightly town leaning, 5.2

Very skewed data, I didnt like his #63 at all but much of his later play has been very town leaning attempt at Reaction Testing was a good idea, unfortunately it didnt work, but i gave him town points. Possible buddying with Abaddon (#145 and #102) and to a lesser extend Tommy (#155). Again there is a lot of variation in what he posts, so im not that confident in my read here.

IdiotKing

Slightly town leaning, 5.4

Although he hasnt posted great quanaties, what he has posted has been good (for example #180) but he does seam to be occasionally fishing for opinions (#111). However does seam to be lurking a lot, would like more at some point.

Absta 101

Null

DeltaBacon

Hideously Town, 5.6

Although he has not posted much at all. I have recorded 6 posts in total, some of his posts have been very town leaning. For example in his argument in #92 and the pointing out that why wasnt he included in the list of people. This striked me as a town move as why would scum complain about being below the radar. However he hasnt posted a lot so my read of him is quite likely to change over time.

Tommy

Slightly town leaning, 5.4

I think that tommy is one of the players that i am most sure in my read off. He has constantly been putting pressure on people to post and provide opinions but not so much as to just randomly attacking people without any clear reasons under the pretence of "pressure". I found this in #42 when he was questioning CD but not making him go on the defensive. However I worry slightly that he could be mafia and we are just being led on a merry dance

_Sherlock_

Certainly Looks Scummy,4.4
(Pink because red is the mods colour)
This is my most certain scum read. I mean before the replacement, i had the slot down as neutral but some of the stuff he has said.... Look at#181, you should always have reasons, no matter how vague they are and you should always try and answer questions (#179) In fact nearly all of his posts look like a scum searching for a quick lynch. I may be wrong but for now
VOTE: _Sherlock_

Sable Tip

Maybe Town?,5.3

Not much content to go over, but what she has posted seams good, so yeah i could call her town. It could go either way. Not much more to add, her timezone question was a null point, dont see how much it shows about her alignments.

TheTrollie

Probably Scum,4.4

#166 Rage, again defending CD. I would support a CD lynch in order to get information, if CD turns to be scum PR then lynch TT immediately, as it could be him trying to draw the flack away from his leader? I dont know, that and #196 just deserves to get him lynched.

Major FOS: TheTrollie

Radelle

Neutral-ish, 4.8

Not much here, just a couple of possibly buddies (e.g. AS after #141) and penis references (#135)
That and ambigous gender. Are you a she or a he. Its getting awkward.

CherryDog

Probably Scum,4.6

My major issue with CD is from #44, where he appears to be attempting to make up a plan when there wasn't one and attacking someone not to vote is just silly. That and there is not much else. I owuld say either newb town or scum.

Slandaar

Neutral leaning town, 4.7

A couple of good posts 9 (#45, #90) but other than that he very really adds much to the discussion, possibly scum fishing to see where the next lynch is going to happen? I dont know, possible buddy with Tommy (#114) but yeah not much.

TO SUMMARISE

Very SureSureReasonably SureUnsureVery unsure
Scum
_Sherlock_TheTrollieCherryDog
Neutral
SlandaarRadelleAbsta 101
Town
TommyIdiotKingDeltaBacon, Sable Tip
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Deltabacon »

Jacob, I'm highly confused as to your rating system and your amount of certainty about your reads. For instance: Sherlock and TheTrollie both have the same rating, yet you're reasonably sure of one and unsure of the other. It looks like your rating system has 'towniness' as high numbers and 'scumminess' down as low ones, but Slandaar is neutral leaning town whereas Radelle is just neutral. I'm not attacking, I just don't think I'm reading your post correctly.

However, one thing I did notice, which I had missed in my look at Cheery Dog was why TheTrollie seemed so adamant to proclaim him as town.

If we look at TheTrollie's ISO, posts 160, 164 and 166 are highly contradictory. In 160, he seems to start a case on Cheery, yet then completely dismisses it as his scumread being off due to illogical posting.

In post 160, TheTrollie wrote:
In post 119, Cheery Dog wrote:Townie reactions would be the same no matter what the alignments concerned were. I don't know what scum reactions would be like in either case (but it's not my reaction test go I wouldn't have had something in mind)

Anyway that argument is going no where.

I am finding it odd that parama couldn't catch up 3 pages - smells faintly of caught scum
VOTE: parama

this is the scummiest of cheery dogs post.

my main concern with cheery dog is that i tend to be prone to having scum reads on players who's posts i find illogical or lacking good judgement, and a good amount of the time these players are actually town.

Then, he attacks my argument against Cheery as a string of rhetorical questions, with the demeanour that it's a crappy case. However, he goes on to say that the vote was not scummy in itself.

Wait, didn't he just build a case on Cheery for the same thing? Sure, he dismantled it after because he 'doesn't have faith in his scumreads from illogical posts', but can anyone really see the townsided benefit of being lazy? I certainly can't. I carry on with this line, saying it's not a rhetorical question if it prompts a response.

Cheery -tries- to look town and deflect the questions (which didn't work, I still think he's scummy) but then Trollie steps in again, seriously asserting that Cheery might be passive town. This is the second time that he's done so, but then tries to withdraw the comment.

Trollie, why are you so adament that Cheery is town, going as far as to say he is safe?

Noone has made any posts in which they become obvscum, so I'm still biding my time in waiting (although they may not come). For now I am pretty much being useless town, if you want to lynch me for it, go ahead.

My suspicions are currently amongst the major wagons, and I haven't worked exactly why I am suspicious of them yet. I'm also not in the mood to go and actually check or make cases.

@ _Sherlock_, how does essentially saying 'I give up, if you're unable to cope with my laziness' equate to Cheery being probably town? I don't understand how you really come to that conclusion.
Deltabacon
Deltabacon
Goon
Deltabacon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by Deltabacon »

Looking back over Jason's post I realize I've pretty much echoed his scumreads, but can anyone else see just how much Trollie and Sherlock have defended Cheery Dog so far?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

@DB: My rating system its self determines a crude measure of how scummy a players posts are. However because it is in accurate I look at the Sample Variance as well (for example yours is one of the highest at 1.3, suggesting that perhaps there could be some variation as I get more and more data), that is where i base my uncertainties on.

But I also had to look through the data and see. For example Radelle has a lot of posts and a small varience (0.3) but she has many neutral posts, and because she often does multi-posting i have to experiment with the data a little to get a reasonable compensation. Where as slandaar doesn't post as much but has less neutral posts, and my gut placed him as probably more town than the rest of them. And high numbers indicate townie posts and low numbers indicate scummy posts.

@ Mod
Could you remove my above post, sorry :(
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Why do you swipe the slate clean when replacements happen?
Looking at the spreadsheet you posted, you had Parama with lowering numbers, which I would have thought should still be affecting your read of that slot.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

@Cherry Yes that would be true but I found it very difficult to read parama as it although I found him scummy it could have just been the way he played so i decided in that case to give him the benefit of the doubt and wipe the slate clean in this case. In the case of JasonWazza I kept the values the same
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
_Sherlock_
_Sherlock_
Goon
_Sherlock_
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by _Sherlock_ »

Post. I am in the middle of typing up a post, but I have to do homework. I'll finish the post afterwards.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by nhammen »

In post 205, JacobSavage wrote:
@ Mod
Could you remove my above post, sorry :(

Double post removed.

Prodding Sable Tip.

Vote Count 1.6Radelle(4): Abaddon, _Sherlock_, toxictaipan, TheTrollie
Abaddon(3): Slandaar, Radelle, absta101
absta101(3): Tommy, Idiotking, Cheery Dog
Deltabacon(1): Sable Tip
Cheery Dog(1): Deltabacon
_Sherlock_(1): JacobSavage

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Deadline is in
(expired on 2012-11-17 17:30:00)
Radelle
Radelle
Townie
Radelle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Radelle »

Been busy. Going to catch-up in a tad.
_Sherlock_
_Sherlock_
Goon
_Sherlock_
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by _Sherlock_ »

Alright. First, I'll read through the game and point out what I see that stands out. Then, I may go through a few people's posts using the "Display posts by user" feature.

I find it strange that Abaddon, in Post #17, points out that he thinks Radelle is overdoing it while Parama's post had a tone that was much more fake. I've read some of Parama's games, and he normally acts like that, but I still find it a little weird that he called Radelle out, but not Parama. Then later, in Post #21, his accusation on Cheery of "obvious chainsawing" are unwarranted, as Cheery didn't really defend Radelle or make a very serious attack on Abaddon. Add to that that he's the only person that really stands out to me on Page 1, and I have an early suspect.

toxic's Post #32 upsets me. First, he says "RVS is over." Then, he doesn't really comment on the recent happenings, but instead attacks someone who didn't comment on the recent happenings. That's a hypocritical attack.

In post 33, Radelle wrote:You say this like it's just an example of a plausible scenario, but I'm getting the impression by you saying you think it's deliberate that you actually think this. So,
am I right that you actually think Abaddon is my scum buddy
or why else do you think he was being deliberate by not voting me?

The bolded sentence is said in a tense that makes it look like Radelle knows that Cheery is town.

I really like Tommy's point in Post #37. Radelle's questions didn't really seem to have reason to them.

Cheery in Page 2 seems insistent on keeping his scum read on Abaddon after many admitted flaws in his logic were pointed out. I really can't see why he would be that way as town.

I really like the part in Sable's Post #57 about playing Devil's Advocate. It's not something that people will normally call town-like, seeing as no one mentioned it, but at the same time, it seems like a really unlikely position to fake as scum.

toxic's Post #61 was generally useless and out-of-place compared to things he had posted previously. Abaddon clearly wins their little tiff after that.

I like Abaddon's conclusion in Post #66. I agree with it, and I think it is another unlikely stance for scum to try and take.

I
really
don't like toxic's Post #67. He's completely avoiding the topic with Abaddon. He also bothered to comment on many other things before that. However, if he actually does end up commenting on it and has a decent reason to stall, he's probably town.

In post 68, Radelle wrote:
@Tommy
:
In post 37, Tommy wrote:This appears to be some sort of logical pedantry about and/or vs either/or. I can't see what Radelle hopes to get out of it.

I wanted a definitive read since he was slowly creeping his way to a scum read on Cheery without actually directly stating so. He makes the distinction that Cheery can't be both scum or an idiot (which doesn't make sense), but notice how he doesn't make the distinction of Cheery being a
Village Idiot
. That read was leaving itself open.

This seems a bit far-fetched.

Ah, there we go - toxic has a reason for stalling. It's totally legit, and toxic's town. However, he had the huge reason that had to do with scumhunting and all sorts of stuff, but he never drew any conclusions from his plan. It was pretty much useless. It's more of a sign of poor play than scumminess.

Here's why Jacob is town. Everyone is posting their reads and contributing to the thread. Then, suddenly, Jacob comes along in Post #91 and basically says that he has no reads, and that he needs to create a spreadsheet for this game. I really doubt that he's bold enough to do this and expect to get away with it as scum. I also doubt that this is due to bad scum play - in that case, he would likely be attacking
someone
. Therefore, he must be town who genuinely lost in this game - understandable, as that is how I felt about this game at first. He also makes a spreadsheet that looks like it had some serious time and effort put into it. Again, if he's too lazy to fake reads as scum, he's not going to be making some badass spreadsheet. That's why Jacob was and is at the top of my town list. I expect there to be some nice reactions to his play here, though.

Tommy's Post #107 is really good. He's encouraging Jacob to scumhunt, something which does nothing but hurt the scum win condition by allowing people to get an accurate read on Jacob, and if Jacob is town, allowing him to find the scum more easily.

Idiot's Post #108 attack on Parama is filled with words, but lousy.
Nothing
he accused Parama of is really indicative of scum, and most of it is Parama's playstyle.

Slandaar, as of Page 5, is being a bit of a spectator. He's commenting on random tidbits here and there, but never really states a conclusion. I have a problem with that.

Post #115 is a town post from a guy who doesn't really know what he's talking about. This is kinda weak reasoning, but he's making a big case on the weak player - and it looks genuine. Scum usually can't manage that.

Note: Parama replaced out.
Using his inactivity to call him scum will not work. Post #119 by Cheery was a terrible vote for that reason.

Reads lists are usually bad things to make as scum because they establish connections with everybody. That is why Abaddon's #121 is a towntell. Even if he is calling out my slot. :P Post #129 is good as well, in that he naturally but regretfully defends Parama.

I'm a bit too tired to finish the rest of this tonight. I'll start at Post #130 tomorrow. I still like where my vote is.
Radelle
Radelle
Townie
Radelle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Radelle »

Alt or newbie, Sherlock?
Radelle
Radelle
Townie
Radelle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by Radelle »

@Tommy
:
In post 187, Tommy wrote:I don't have any other strong scum reads. I'm flip-flopping on you a bit - toxictaipan is right that your vote came out of nowhere, and I'm uncomfortable about clearing you on the basis of a vague memory of you having sheeped me. I'd be happy with a lynch on Cheery Dog or Idiotking because they haven't given us enough substance. _Sherlock_ might end up in that category too, but we'll give him a chance. I might be persuaded to vote for Sable Tip.

You should be uncomfortable, because I never sheeped you.

It's also kinda hard to say my vote came suddenly when every batch of posts I made I was addressing Abaddon, and not in a townie manner either. First on my vote, then on the idiot vs scum dealio (which I said he was leaving that read open), proceeded by saying how Cheery isn't new anything, followed by the eventual conversation that lead me to actually vote for him.

You'd be happy with a lynch on Cheery Dog or IdiotKing because they haven't given us enough substance. What are your thoughts about the substance they've already given?

Thoughts on Jacob.

@Absta
: The game hasn't completed yet, to be honest. I did have a quick random gander at Cheery's meta in completed game Open 437 and he seems a lot more active throughout most of the game there, actually. I'm going to backtrack a bit and say his meta is a toss-up for me.

@Toxic
: That's a lotta words trying to explain that you had actually called me scummy
at some point

Waiting on that explanation of how scum-me would be motivated to hop onto a bandwagon of someone most see as town while other bandwagons would better suit my scum motivations. Also, if you really thought I was doing this, I would expect you to have mentioned it then, instead of as some point to try and throw at me when trying to argue on Abaddon's behalf.

I already addressed most of your points numerous times and you slowly try to twist the conversation into something else. It's becoming absolutely ridiculous, especially now by trying to morph me into some attacker. Also, questioning someone as well as pointing out how something seems scummy is not an "attack."
Radelle
Radelle
Townie
Radelle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Post by Radelle »

@Jacob
: You have yet to answer the following:

In post 185, Radelle wrote:@Jacob: A few things.

1) When you make your notes, are they for yourself or others?
2) Could you link to the game where you used the spreadsheets and got lynched?

Do you have a nonedited version of your spreadsheet somewhere? You used to have comments on more recent things. You had addressed some points between Toxic and I further. You had stuff like, "Toxic refuted comments nothing much here", etc I got a 6 rating for something recent I said too. I like seeing my cell being green.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Goon
Abaddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Abaddon »

In post 198, Slandaar wrote:
In post 192, Tommy wrote:Slandaar, I still don't know what your case is on Abaddon.

Fake reaction to Radelle vote follows into a null read on Parama who reacted in the same way; doesn't make sense from town.

Seriously? That's your case?

My reaction to Radelle was made instantly after i saw her vote. Parama just happened to agree, and post before I did. Pointing out the same thing doesn't get him Town points.
In post 201, Slandaar wrote:
In post 199, Tommy wrote:So Abaddon should have awarded Parama a town read for agreeing with him about Radelle?

Yes; Abaddon agreed with Parama though not the other way round; ie Parama saying it first should mean from Abaddons perspective Abaddon thinks Parama is town to some degree.

I think Radelle is town also.
No.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 213, Radelle wrote:The game hasn't completed yet, to be honest.

So why did you bring it up? I am assuming that it is one I have died in because otherwise there is no chance you know I am town. and I only truly believe I was useless in one of those games, so I'm not sure where you're getting this information from. Hopefully it finishes soon so you can actually show us, otherwise whichever game that is has no point to even be brought up.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

In post 214, Radelle wrote:
@Jacob
: You have yet to answer the following:

In post 185, Radelle wrote:@Jacob: A few things.

1) When you make your notes, are they for yourself or others?
2) Could you link to the game where you used the spreadsheets and got lynched?

Do you have a nonedited version of your spreadsheet somewhere? You used to have comments on more recent things. You had addressed some points between Toxic and I further. You had stuff like, "Toxic refuted comments nothing much here", etc I got a 6 rating for something recent I said too. I like seeing my cell being green.

1. i tend to make them for myself, but here I tried to be slightly more readable as I guessed I would have to post them.
2. I will try and find it but I did a quick search and couldn't find it. note that I was using a slightly different method then.
Also that should be the original version I posted bit when I get home I shall gather all the versions and post them separately. however I don't think I actually edited it since I posted it.
UNVOTE:
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

EBWOP I am happy with Sherlocks reasons. therefore
VOTE: TheTrollie
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Tommy »

absta101's case on Abaddon is guff. He wanted to choose one of the two leading bandwagons apart from his own, so he plumped for this one and then tried to construct a reason.

Slandaar, would it be fair to say you have no strong scum reads at the moment?

JacobSavage, why is absta101 the only player not discussed in your reads list?

In post 213, Radelle wrote:You'd be happy with a lynch on Cheery Dog or IdiotKing because they haven't given us enough substance. What are your thoughts about the substance they've already given?

Thoughts on Jacob.

Cheery Dog: in post 110, he gives a couple of reads; in post 206, he asks a useful question. What do I think of these two gobbets? They're fine.

Idiotking: post 108 contains good analysis; post 111 is a good question.

JacobSavage: _Sherlock_ defends him well, but Cheery Dog is right to challenge him (JacobSavage) about putting his thumb in the scale when Parama was replaced. On a replacement, of course the playstyle will change - but the alignment won't.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:39 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 215, Abaddon wrote:
My reaction to Radelle was made instantly after i saw her vote. Parama just happened to agree, and post before I did. Pointing out the same thing doesn't get him Town points.

I would be surprised if you actually believe this.

Someone is thinking on your wavelength and you don't give them any 'town points' at all?
In post 219, Tommy wrote:
Slandaar, would it be fair to say you have no strong scum reads at the moment?

There isn't anyone I definitely want lynched right now but Abaddon/Cheery/Toxic in that order seem like scum.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:33 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Basically Parama made my head hurt. I couldn't work out if his posts were scummy because he was scum or scummy because thats just how he rolls. So in this case his playstyle was affecting my read of his alignment. So by removing him from the equation I can stop my head hurting and make things clearer.

Thus i only had very few actual Absta 101 posts to go on and as such I will wait till a later date to give my read.

@Radellee
What is currently linked was exactly what was posted at 3.18 am, however I did update it later at 1.30pm later that day. I changed it back to the orginal version in order to preserve it and now have a copy of the slighly updated one
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:34 am

Post by Idiotking »

In post 191, toxictaipan wrote:@Radelle:

It doesn't contradict. Slandaar was trying to argue that the reactions would be totally different depending on whether or not Sable Tip or I was scum. My test doesn't care about the random nature of role distribution. It doesn't matter if the reactions differ in any case. Again, what's important is getting those reactions, and reading them accurately.

I still don't get the point. You seem to be saying that the reactions don't matter in regards to the roles, but that it's important to have the reactions. Then why have them if they are not indicative of roles? Isn't that the point of the game? Or will it fill out in some extremely indirect way?

But for now I don't really see this line of conversation going anywhere, so I'll let it drop.

In regards to Cheery's play, so far as I can tell he's acting in basically the same manner as he did in the last game we played (it's completed), where he was a cop (I'm assuming it's just his townie thing). I don't know how he plays as scum, so I don't know if this is necessarily a town tell, but at least it isn't a scumtell on his part.

In post 196, TheTrollie wrote:VOTE: Radelle

to whoever was asking me to explain my reads: I have explained whichever ones I feel are important (or possible) to explain

Ok, just no.

Unvote

Vote TheTrollie

Why are you voting for Radelle? You haven't said one damn thing about him (her?) all game, and then suddenly you vote for him (her?) without giving any sort of a reason. And then you turn around and say that you've explained all of your important reads! Well, WHAT ABOUT THE PERSON YOU JUST VOTED FOR, HUH?

Anyway, for the second part, that's a crap answer. You should explain your reads regardless of whether you think it's important or not. That's for the town to decide. Withholding information, including reasoning for reads, is anti-town. If you went by gut then just say so.

In post 200, absta101 wrote:
In post 190, Slandaar wrote:Absta what is your take on Radelle?
She seems town. I had a read through her ISO.

Ok people, this is getting old. EXPLAIN YOUR READS, even if it's just gut. How useful do you think this is? Does it give you any real information when I say "I think IK is town hurr"? NO. It's far better to say "I think IK is town, because X, Y, and Z." When you do that you're making arguments for or against someone, and new arguments lead to more informed discussion.

I could kiss you right now, Jacob.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Goon
Abaddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:56 am

Post by Abaddon »

Slandaar, just because my scumhunting is not as one-dimensional as yours doesn't mean you get to apply your standards to me.

Quite frankly, I felt Radelle's early vote on Toxic for a nonsense reason was pretty obvious to anyone with experience, and you don't get Townpoints for pointing out the obvious. This is especially true in the first page or two, when scum are looking for cheap and easy ways to distance themselves from each other without really committing to it.

I'm quite capable of separating logic (this looks suspicious) from emotion (hey! you agree with me! I like you!). Why aren't you?
toxictaipan
toxictaipan
Goon
toxictaipan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 am

Post by toxictaipan »

In post 184, Radelle wrote:Toxic, you've barely placed any suspicion on me except you seem a little irrationally upset when I question you.
No where have you indicated whatsoever that I am a scum read or scummy. Even when you vote for me you don't call me scum, just that you're "worried."
How exactly
am
I scum Toxic?

In post 213, Radelle wrote:
@Toxic
: That's a lotta words trying to explain that you had actually called me scummy
at some point

(Bolding in first quote mine)

Well, that's what you took issue with, isn't it? What did you expect me to comment on? I don't see how anyone can read and understand this exchange and still not find you scummy. I gave you exactly what you asked for, and here you're trying to use it against me as if I did just the opposite.

Look at the facts, Radelle. I have shown where I've expressed suspicion over you. I have shown where that took place in the same post that I voted for you. I have shown why I believe you are scummy. You have nothing to argue here.

In post 213, Radelle wrote:Waiting on that explanation of how scum-me would be motivated to hop onto a bandwagon of someone most see as town while other bandwagons would better suit my scum motivations. Also, if you really thought I was doing this, I would expect you to have mentioned it then, instead of as some point to try and throw at me when trying to argue on Abaddon's behalf.

Why do you constantly pressure me on one or two points that go unanswered, and then blow off 3/4 of the content in my posts with the following excuse (quoted below)? I am not going to give you the satisfaction of addressing every single one of your points when you cannot extend the same courtesy to me.

In post 213, Radelle wrote:I already addressed most of your points numerous times and you slowly try to twist the conversation into something else. It's becoming absolutely ridiculous, especially now by trying to morph me into some attacker. Also, questioning someone as well as pointing out how something seems scummy is not an "attack."

I don't see how you can say that when you dismiss most of what I say with the excuse of, "This isn't worth addressing," or, "I've already addressed this."

In you address
one
of my points from , seemingly having ignored the rest of the post. I've shown where your case against Abaddon is very hypocritical, and you've yet to offer a solid rebuttal to that fact. Instead, you ignored most points against you in favor of deflecting (I admit, "attack," probably was the wrong word) the subject of the argument back onto me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”