Mini 1400(!): Bubble Tape Mafia - It's Over!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, let's lynch Dave.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 395, Jake from State Farm wrote:Now another thing that bugs me is why did he choose to research and mention Safety's posts and mention them in the thread but not look at anyone else?
No time to search site for 12 people's posts. I chose 3 to skim, on the basis of when they confirmed. My main output was how many posts, and I focused on players with more posts so as not to scare newbs and to question experienced players in more detail (the IC in my first game was scum). I did not read the timestamps carefully, nor the content, other than skimming it for style. Only the first paragraph or so comes up, and I could have easily missed things from this exercise.
In post 395, Jake from State Farm wrote:
Had he done that he would have seen Leon had not had a single post on this site since Novermber 23rd (before he posts in this game)
had he done that he would have seen MM had not posted on site since November 26th (before he posts in this game)
HELL, he hadn't even posted on site since November 29th (until he votes in this game)
I did not closely examine the timestamps. I have a life, and do not do everything.
No posts on site in over a week to means that the player isn't very active on site so why would he not naturally assume that was the reason and instead leap to assume they didn't confirm because of some obscure tell, one that I have never heard of ever in my life

but wait there is more.

later he says he is keeping his vote on MM because

As far as I can see you are the second on the wagon, and the wiki says that scum are often second on the wagon. My vote stands.

If that was a legitimate tell, why would he not immediately call Thor out on page 1 for placing the 2nd vote on MM? or later because he is the 2nd person on his own wagon but as far as i can see he has yet to call Thor out for that one either.
I can only vote for one person at a time. Its very well saying all the extra things I could have done, but its hardly as convincing to draw conclusions from things I didn't get time / have resources to do, as from the things I have actually done.
Given that I ask him who his top scum reads are right now and he doesn't even mention MM who he was pretty suspicious of because of the wiki tells. Why does he not mention Thor who was also guilty of placing the 2nd vote on someone? Why does he not mention DoubleJD who he is voting for right now.
Believe it or not, it seems a higher priority to answer questions directed to me right now, than scum hunt. If you want to know my scums, read my past posts where I had time to define them.
In post 398, Jake from State Farm wrote:his first game he used the dice roller to place his first vote.

his 2nd game his vote was because "for being a replacement, since possibly Lord Baltheir did not want to play as scum" (the funny thing is that slot was ACTUALLY scum lol)

in his 2nd game he certainly seems to know about RVS because he says this

in random voting stage its normal to choose someone to vote for. But asking questions, answering questions and stating opinions are also very helpful for the town, since the information will be available for the rest of the game.

he also says this

If you're not posting, then you need to do so, so we can have a good game and locate the scum. Not posting looks shady.

in that 2nd game there is definitely a since of confidence that I detect, I don't detect that same sort of confidence this game. Additionally he was definitely more active/agressive in that game.

sure it was a long time ago but if you read his 2nd game and compare it to this one, there is no way this is the same person with the same alignment.
Confirmation bias. Same person, same motives. Although I don't expect you to believe that readily.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 400, Thor665 wrote:Yeah, let's lynch Dave.
This. But let's wait for the 3 f*ing replacements.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Dave168 »

OK. Suppose that was to happen. Is it normal to want a roleclaim first?
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by Dave168 »

EBWOP because nobody has actually asked me, and I was expecting that at L-1.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by d3x »

Yeah, L-1 RoleClaims were pretty standard when I was here last. I don't knwo if anything has changed since then, but I don't see any reason why they would've.

p-edit. Generally you'll be asked before someone is ready to Hammer. We're not quite to that point, yet.

GTKAS - d3x
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 368, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Zippers vote was L - 1 btw.

or perhaps this was where I was supposed to roleclaim, but I didn't know if it meant that or not.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 403, Dave168 wrote:

yes you will be asked to role claim at some point, usually when someone gives intent to hammer.

Since we have plenty of time left, I am fine waiting for replacements but I also will go ahead and imply that I have an intent to hammer.

I don't want to end the day yet because the new people's thoughts and reactions could be useful
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 405, d3x wrote:Yeah, L-1 RoleClaims were pretty standard when I was here last. I don't knwo if anything has changed since then, but I don't see any reason why they would've.

p-edit. Generally you'll be asked before someone is ready to Hammer. We're not quite to that point, yet.

I will roleclaim if someone wants to hammer. I don't recommend this course of action.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by d3x »

I believe that was to guard against an accidental early Lynch.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Post by d3x »

Claim now if you want. No one should be Hammering before the replacements get here. We also have 2 weeks, so there's no problem with deadlines creeping up.

GTKAS - d3x
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 407, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 403, Dave168 wrote:

yes you will be asked to role claim at some point, usually when someone gives intent to hammer.

Since we have plenty of time left, I am fine waiting for replacements but I also will go ahead and imply that I have an
intent to hammer

I don't want to end the day yet because the new people's thoughts and reactions could be useful

OK then, I consider this, plus the standing votes, to be the consensus of opinion, forcing me to roleclaim.

Since I am not allowed to quote my PM (rule 8 was updated early-on to clarify that) I will instead paraphrase the useful information which it contains.

I am a cop (sanity not specified) who is aligned with the town, and I will win the game if there are no more threats to the town. Every night I am able to perform one investigation and find out whether one person of my choice is Guilty or Innocent.

I have tried really hard over the last 24-48 hours to defend myself as best I can, to not make it necessary to reveal this information. I am sure you can appreciate that it may jeopardise the reporting back of any information I gather in the morning. I would much have preferred to get 2 or even 3 nights results compiled before claiming. I feel a bit silly with my first game with power role and no results to report. But there you have it.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by d3x »

Any breadcrumbs for us?

GTKAS - d3x
kushm4sta
kushm4sta
Goon
kushm4sta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Post by kushm4sta »

i believe
unvote dave
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 393, Dave168 wrote:L-1? Wrong wrong wrong some townies and probably some scums.
Laughably
wrong in fact. Go find some real scums.

@d3x: I was not able to encode any acronyms into my posts, since I wasn't confident enough it would sound natural, and didn't have time to work on that.

The word bolded above is the closest I got, along with a response about this later on. If the town is wrong to lynch town, it would be laughably wrong to lynch PR. I hoped that would get people's attention, but it didn't, well not in the right way.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 397, Dave168 wrote:
In post 394, kushm4sta wrote:
In post 393, Dave168 wrote:L-1? Wrong wrong wrong some townies and probably some scums. Laughably wrong in fact. Go find some real scums.

Even if it's wrong it is not "laughably wrong," You are acting extremely scummy in many different ways and so naturally we all think you are scum. There is nothing laughably wrong about that.
For instance, you just invoked the newb card, using your newbishness as an excuse for bad play. This is a classic, well known scumtell.
Try this: if you were one of us, why wouldn't you vote for you?

Not demonstratably laughably wrong from your angle. Just from mine.

Newb card? How about this: confirmation bias? This is a classic, well known fact that when ignorant (meaning information-deprived) townies think they see scum, they can then read scum everywhere else in that "scum"'s posts. Many of you will later examine your posts and read "confirmation bias".

Not sure I would vote for myself (if I was someone else) on the basis of a triple post. The rest is confirmation bias, as far as I'm concerned, you're finding what you expect to find, and reading into it intention that was not there. My style is to state a theme and elaborate, I post multiple. Sometimes I correct myself, if I realise I was wrong or inaccurate.

@d3x That is the response I meant
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Dave pop quiz, ur role title
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 408, Dave168 wrote:
In post 405, d3x wrote:Yeah, L-1 RoleClaims were pretty standard when I was here last. I don't knwo if anything has changed since then, but I don't see any reason why they would've.

I will roleclaim if someone wants to hammer.
I don't recommend this course of action.

This was a late attempt to hint at my role, but I guess too late to be of any use.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 416, AngryPidgeon wrote:Dave pop quiz, ur role title

Cop
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Actually I dont care. This claim is bollocks.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ugh why am I on my phone. Let me finish doing..uhhh things. And ill be on for real
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Someone asked me for scum meta. Thirsty souls mafia in this forum by Konowa. Knock yoself out
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 419, AngryPidgeon wrote:Actually I dont care. This claim is bollocks.

I'm not sure how to answer that, except I can't see how it would be to town's advantage to lynch me on Day 1. If I'm lying, maybe someone out there can check. Or maybe no-one can, I have no idea, and don't need to know anyway. You guys go figure it out, I've said my piece.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by Dave168 »

@AP - u just triple posted :D
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 423, Dave168 wrote:@AP - u just triple posted
And...?

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”