Micro 89 ~ Mafia Rarefaction Segunda (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

In post 320, Tierce wrote:Ctrl+F? I don't even use TUG when referring to them, IIRC, so anything from "TwoUpstandingGentlemen" to "Thor" to "Majiffy" to "Thorjiffy" should hit results.

I didn't ctrl+F because I wasn't sure how you'd refer to them, instead I checked all the sections and filed that paragraph as a Konawa one since it was under a Konawa quote with no obvious marking.

In post 320, Tierce wrote:
And yes, I think that kind of hydra dissonance is scummy because it shows that Majiffy apparently isn't interested in scumhunting
and
is not interested in Thor's scumhunting. If they were both scumhunting in different directions, it would be one thing, but Majiffy was doing nothing while ignoring his hydra partner.

That makes sense I guess. They've also both vanished off the face of the earth or forgotten the account password too which is strange.

In post 319, Konowa wrote:What I'm saying is that in 315 you note that Parama's actions have no town justification. While in the same post you assume that Tierce's actions are scummy on a predetermined behavior of "hiding reads" and don't try to determine if her actions are town or not.

I was mistaken in thinking Tierce didn't have past reasoning, but would you not agree that making a vote like that with no prior reading would've been very scummy? I'm really not sure what you're getting at. It's not to do with predetermined behaviour so much as bandwagonning without reason (bandwagonning -> Gondwanaland in Chrome spellcheck incidentally, I might start using that).

In post 319, Konowa wrote:For the Tierce question, I've seen her make breaking questions as town, and want to know if she's done it as town. I thought that one was pretty straight forward.
I don't understand why I can't question people despite being a town read?

What value would the answer to that question have though?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XI

:right:
TwoUpstandingGentlemen (L-2)
~ StefanB, Konowa, Tierce
Tierce (L-4)
~ F-16_Fighting_Falcon,
(Leafsnail)

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (L-4)
~ Parama
StefanB (L-4)
~ TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Konowa (L-4)
~ Aeris
Leafsnail (L-4)
~ Trevor
Trevor (L-4)
~ Leafsnail
Parama (L-5)
~
(Leafsnail)

Not Voting:
(Tierce)

--With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is December 15, 2012 (in
(expired on 2012-12-15 21:00:00)
).
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 304, Konowa wrote:Posting in all games. Just received news that my grandmother passed this afternoon. Posting after tonight will be very limited as I have to help with plans and probably host the reception.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost two of my grandparents this year, so I know how much this sucks. :(
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 287, Tierce wrote:UNVOTE: F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Aeris--if Falcon is not the Innocent Child, he may be trying to draw out the real IC Today, not at Rarefaction. Considerably less ballsy move. This is a moot point, however, as I am not interested in counterclaims.

How is it weird to have conditional Townreads? If a scum v. scum pairing doesn't work and I believe person A is scum, person B is necessarily Town to me. It's partner-hunting.

As for that line, it's Empire's regarding both Regfan's and my Townplay. It was more humorous than anything--I haven't been mislynched since December 11 last year and was 'celebrating' my no-mislynch-Versary.

1. Happy no-mislynch-Versary. (I'm still bitter about my one and only mislynch due to inattention and buddying in lylo but I digress). But the quote seemed a bit out of place and didnt come off as a humorous statement. It was as if you were admonishing him for thinking you weren't town when you really haven't done anything to make someone think you're town in ths game.

2. You're leaving yourself an out and if you're scum, that "townread" doesn't cost you anything. As scum ,you would know falcon was town; therefore when you get your town flip you get to take it back. When town do the conditional town read thing it usually looks a bit different. "oh I have a town read here, but If this person flips scum, then the town read is stronger.". Or "I was leaning scum here, but this read is stronger and if I'm right on this one then I'm wrong on the other because there's no way they're partners" type thing. Not to mention that you even undermine it in that very post when you ask how me not being a newbie affects Parama's earlier town read on me.

And regarding your 314 in which you say that you can really only win this game by forcing town to interact in a way that will help in rarefaction. If that's true, why have you been nearly absent this game, not attemtpting to force people to interact, asking questions that would help those reads, etc. and instead going I don't want to be a shepherd, let me hold my cards? This doesn't make sense, and I do think the way you and vi did your "game breaking strategy" as scum after the voided lynch in 463 counts to the question knowa was asking you.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by TwoUpstandingGentlemen »

Thor is off doing Thor things so I guess I have to take the reins for a bit. I was going to vote F-16 but after ISOing him I've realized there's nothing all that scummy about him, I just don't like him. Whatever.

Going to do some catch-up reading.

-Majiffy
If you're not sheeping us, we're obviously not being sarcastic enough.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 328, Aeris wrote:2. You're leaving yourself an out and if you're scum, that "townread" doesn't cost you anything. As scum ,you would know falcon was town; therefore when you get your town flip you get to take it back. When town do the conditional town read thing it usually looks a bit different. "oh I have a town read here, but If this person flips scum, then the town read is stronger.". Or "I was leaning scum here, but this read is stronger and if I'm right on this one then I'm wrong on the other because there's no way they're partners" type thing. Not to mention that you even undermine it in that very post when you ask how me not being a newbie affects Parama's earlier town read on me.

And regarding your 314 in which you say that you can really only win this game by forcing town to interact in a way that will help in rarefaction. If that's true, why have you been nearly absent this game, not attemtpting to force people to interact, asking questions that would help those reads, etc. and instead going I don't want to be a shepherd, let me hold my cards? This doesn't make sense, and I do think the way you and vi did your "game breaking strategy" as scum after the voided lynch in 463 counts to the question knowa was asking you.
The Parama-you question was part of that interaction analysis. It has nothing to do with my read on you, it has to do with my read on Parama. It should be pretty obvious that I'm not interested in pursuing you right now regardless of Falcon's alignment, either way.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by Aeris »

Falcon - regarding .

I don't know what you mean by passive. I've called the wagon stupid. I've explained more than once why I think parama is town, but no i don't think that I'm going to be able to convince people of it. I know when I can and I can't convince people of something. I'm not a miracle worker and people don't always listen to me.

As far as you question on the Thor Sheeping parama thing. I'd probably make the case and not the anything of it. I'd probably get called out for it to as I can be pretty oblivious from time to timeso just wouldn't have thought anything of it. I think that those are the types of things that get picked up and make people look scummy when they're not (like voting on the same wagon with a scum read)

The part about parama not voting Trevor and being too scummy to be scum. No I'm not saying that actually. I'm saying that as scum I think he'd not drop it in the way he did and would vote as scum tend to be a bit more careful in their actions so that these things aren't pointed out and don't get questioned. He hasn't demonstrated a sense of carefulness, and that reads more town to me.

Yes, it's fine to pin down anti-town behavior but anti-town =/= scum.

The push on you seems natural because it looks genuine, I can see where he's thinking what he's thinking. I like that you seem to be trying to figure out people's motivations even if I disagree with your conclusions.

*regarding rarefaction. If we mislynch today, the game goes into rarefaction tomorrow, right? Then if we mislynch once, in one of the cells, we lose, right?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 331, Aeris wrote:*regarding rarefaction. If we mislynch today, the game goes into rarefaction tomorrow, right? Then if we mislynch once, in one of the cells, we lose, right?
The game goes into Rarefaction when # of Town = 2 * # of scum. Which means that we are at 7:2 right now, a mislynch takes us into Night at 6:2, we are likely to come into Day 2 at 5:2. Rarefaction will hit after Tomorrow's mislynch, so we have two mislynches before we cannot mislynch at all.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Votes on our slot is retarded. Thor and I are discussing reads in the QT because we're both rather busy with things-that-are-not-this-game.

Someone explain what an Innocent Child is rather quickly for me?

VOTE: Trevor
Leafsnail has been spot-on all game so I reckon this is probably the way to go.

-Majiffy
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by Tierce »

Majiffy: quick. Sum up your QT reads for me, both yours and Thor's. Five minutes, go.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by Aeris »

Innocent child is someone modconfirmed as innocent.

Okay help me out with math. In the opening post it says rarefaction happens when mafia makes up 1/3 of the living players. I thought that happened with one mislynch and one night kill as that would be 2 mafia and 5 innocents. Where am I going wrong?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by Tierce »

2/7 is less than 1/3. 2/6 = 1/3. Rarefaction hits regardless of what phase (Day or Night) was supposed to follow.

Yeeeah after that Majiffy post I am very much interested in this TwoUpstandingGentlemen vote.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by Aeris »

FRACTIONS!!!

I swear I am actually pretty decent in math, but fractions (and graphing) are my downfall.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Aeris »

So, scum get one night kill then. We mislynch today, they night kill, we mislynch tomorrow, it goes immediately into rarefaction then? Do I finally have it right?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by Tierce »

You have it right.

If we mislynch Today and Tomorrow, Rarefaction hits on the twilight of D2.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Post by Tierce »

Also, if we lynch scum Today or Tomorrow, unless I have my numbers wrong (getting a bit too tired to check), Rarefaction will hit at the start of D4.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:55 pm

In post 335, Aeris wrote:Innocent child is someone modconfirmed as innocent.

I reckon this is sarcasm. If it is, way to be useless, you fuckwit. If it isn't, way to be useless, you fuckwit.

Anyone with a better explanation?

In post 334, Tierce wrote:Majiffy: quick. Sum up your QT reads for me, both yours and Thor's. Five minutes, go.

Both of us: Leaf town, Parama scum, You scum
Thor: Ace PL, F-16 "play leaves me unhappy", Aeris town. Parama moving "more to WTF than scum"
I'm seeing F-16 as probably town, Trevor is unsettling but not very noteworthy, and Ace/Konowa are both complete non-issues in the game so far.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Also I hate having to sign.

-Majiffy
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Aeris »

You, we, didn't have to sign that one. You called me a fuckwit, for no good reason I might add but I'm heavily drugged right now so it's more amusing than annoying. Thor wouldn't say that. I suppose smurfwit maybe, but even that sounds funny.

At rarefaction, the innocent child get mod confirmed to us as innocent. Don't know what else you're looking for.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 341, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:
In post 335, Aeris wrote:Innocent child is someone modconfirmed as innocent.

I reckon this is sarcasm. If it is, way to be useless, you fuckwit. If it isn't, way to be useless, you fuckwit.

Anyone with a better explanation?

In post 334, Tierce wrote:Majiffy: quick. Sum up your QT reads for me, both yours and Thor's. Five minutes, go.

Both of us: Leaf town, Parama scum, You scum
Thor: Ace PL, F-16 "play leaves me unhappy", Aeris town. Parama moving "more to WTF than scum"
I'm seeing F-16 as probably town, Trevor is unsettling but not very noteworthy, and Ace/Konowa are both complete non-issues in the game so far.

Cool. We are on the same page. Let's lynch Tierce then.

Dunno why Thor isn't happy with me. To be fair, I have been busy until today.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm

In post 343, Aeris wrote:At rarefaction, the innocent child get mod confirmed to us as innocent. Don't know what else you're looking for.

Oh I don't know, like what any of that means would be great.

How would you feel if I started talking to you about RT60s of different rooms and the effects of thresholds and ratios on compressors?

Yeah, sometimes when someone asks for a definition, they mean an actual definition. Fancy that.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm

In post 344, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Cool. We are on the same page. Let's lynch Tierce then.

Dunno why Thor isn't happy with me. To be fair, I have been busy until today.

I'll think about it. Still trying to decide if Tierce is just being dumb or is actually scum.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 345, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:
In post 343, Aeris wrote:At rarefaction, the innocent child get mod confirmed to us as innocent. Don't know what else you're looking for.

Oh I don't know, like what any of that means would be great.

How would you feel if I started talking to you about RT60s of different rooms and the effects of thresholds and ratios on compressors?

Yeah, sometimes when someone asks for a definition, they mean an actual definition. Fancy that.
You're not an idiot and would have discussed the Innocent Child with Thor if you didn't understand it. It's in the rules and it's very clear how it works. Stop playing dumb.
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 pm

In case you were too thick to figure it out, Thor isn't around atm. Which is why we got prodded. Which is why I'm posting.

Herpafuckingderp.

-Majiffy
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Oh and in case you want tips on how to not be a cunt,
In post 347, Tierce wrote:It's in the rules and it's very clear how it works.

This would have sufficed.

Thanks for being more helpful than Aeris, though!

-Majiffy

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”