Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Bumi »

In post 198, KillerApple wrote:
In post 185, BirdAndBeast wrote:
In post 182, KillerApple wrote:Do you have a reason? I don't have much experience with large games like this, but wouldn't it make more sense to take out an inactive on D1, seeing as the first lynch will probably be a townie and the inactive players don't contribute much anyway?
Irony abound, Apple. You've yet to give a reason for voting AJ the Epic, and he most certainly isn't an inactive player, so that can't be your reasoning.

I'm aware of that. It was mostly a reaction test, but I haven't really gotten one from him.
UNVOTE: Aj the Epic
My question was more of a general one. I would like to see some other peoples' voting habits before I decide to lynch an inactive.

:?:

In post 230, nhammen wrote:
BirdAndBeast wrote:No joke: it'd be easier to quote the parts of ArcAngel's posts which DON'T make me think town.
I don't see it. Arc is null for me. Maybe a hair South of null for #94, but it's not much. She could be removed from the game, and I would see no difference.

I really hate the mentality of this post to and the specific null leaning on Arc.

In post 257, Baby Spice wrote:
mod:
<cough>
<cough>

In post 252, PMysterious wrote:
In post 166, BirdAndBeast wrote:
<snip>
I kinda trust you on those words, but something just doesn't feel right about this post.

Que?

Bumi. Thezmon. You can't wander in casually and ignore the topic, or only wagon going.

I can and I did. Is that scummy to you?

I have more town reads this time around. I feel like I am better at finding town than I am at finding scum in general. :?

New town reads (Strongest to weakest): robert2424, minilibrarian, johnnyfrarr, unseencamo, heather

I don't know if Aj is willing to but heads with Bird like that as scum. This is also why I think Heather is town for her reaction to Bird's posts and accusations.

Still really no opinion of Thez.

(stares blankly)

I need a day off to clear my head.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:36 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 230, nhammen wrote:
BirdAndBeast wrote:No joke: it'd be easier to quote the parts of ArcAngel's posts which DON'T make me think town.
I don't see it. Arc is null for me. Maybe a hair South of null for #94, but it's not much. She could be removed from the game, and I would see no difference.

Go a head quote whatever posts you would like but i am not the scum
What do you mean Null? Define it.
And how dare you make statements like that i could be removed? What are you trying to achieve here? you don't even know a thing about me.

In post 232, BirdAndBeast wrote:Image

I think this is yours.

What is wrong with a day vig day killing exactly? Sheeping is not scummy, its just sheeping. And ArcAngel clearly had original thoughts of her own if you ISO her.

Exactly, I was only inquiring about if the game has day Vig kill. Its not a bad option. It helps town to make two kills before the day ends.

In post 235, Aj The Epic wrote:To post 233
I disagree fully on part 2. Asking to day vig a player this early when not everyone has even checked in is really bad in my mind. To me, the vig needs to operate on their own reads until they have a confirmed townie to reason with.

How does the day vig is any different to night vig? they both do the same..Kill. Day Vig is good for town if the right choice has been made. This concern of yours wonders me if you're afraid of being killed or lynched in the day phase? so are you the scum?

In post 237, Baby Spice wrote:I wonder if the Angel read too much into Parama's first post.

i didn't. what are you implying here?

In post 243, nhammen wrote:
In post 177, ArcAngel9 wrote:Roger is a new player and new players usually be townie's.
New players are just as likely to be scum as experienced players. Roles are assigned randomly. But I get what you are saying: newb townies get placed under suspicion more often than experienced townies, so given that a player has come under suspicion, if that player is new, they are more likely to be town than if they are experienced. I think that's what you were trying to say?

We all know the character selection is random but it is usual that most newbies turn out to be townies than mafia. so what i meant was that we could give Roger a benefit of doubt but not free pass. And noobs are easy target and mafia uses them well.

In post 263, thezmon221 wrote:
Who I think is scummy on the wagon (in order of scummiest-nullest):
B&B, njoseph, SoraAdvent, ArcAngel, Parama

Great, this list is just great. so whoever votes you next will come under your scum list?
Hello, that's not how mafia works. everyone who votes you doesn't mean they're scum.
so why do you think i am in your scum list. Care to explain?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Arc, He stated "Who I think is scummy on the wagon" Skim much?

Also, funny:

Arc wrote:How does the day vig is any different to night vig? they both do the same..Kill. Day Vig is good for town if the right choice has been made. This concern of yours wonders me if you're afraid of being killed or lynched in the day phase? so are you the scum?

That's not even part of the discussion. Trying to draw off?

arc wrote:I am comfortable any of them. do we have day Vig kill?
Here's your post about vigs. Tell me this isn't fishing, to me face and honestly. Do we have any day vigs? Hello! That's fishing basics 101: Cast a line and wait for response.

And when Bumi questioned you, in which I guess he has the same concerns, your answer was:

and, I just wanted to know if there is any Day Vig kill. This is a big game. They come under good use if we have two major suspects in a day phase. Isn't a good thing to have ability to hit Mafia twice?

Yes, you just wanted to know. Exactly, so stop being dishonest later. This is a role fish, you are a role fisher. Mafia Jesus came to you and said, "“Follow me, and I will make you fishers of roles.” Sure, it's nice to have a day vig, but you don't need to out him day 1. The only way to for us to learn this is for him to kill someone or him to say it. And a kill this early will most likely be mislead. So he'd probably have to say it.

VOTE: ArcAngel

Denial of fishing, fishing, and sheeping. And, until the advent of a reason for your vote on Thezmon, you are sheeping in my mind.
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by Bumi »

I think you are splitting hairs, Aj.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

If I happen to be, it's only a vote. I think her actions merit at least that, if not more, votes.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Arc, just that you seem to be taking Parama's joke dayvig post, and some related comments, and inferred from them that there is a dayvig. They are rare.

Bumi. Can I have a "Hell yeah". If you've read anything in ghis thread then you've seen Thez mentioned more ghan anything. Surely you must have some comment to make about him.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Arc, just that you seem to be taking Parama's joke dayvig post, and some related comments, and inferred from them that there is a dayvig. They are rare.

Bumi. Can I have a "Hell yeah". If you've read anything in ghis thread then you've seen Thez mentioned more ghan anything. Surely you must have some comment to make about him.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Post by unseencamo »

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

ArcAngel9 (1): Aj The Epic
Baby Spice (1): theomoaner
BirdAndBeast (1): thezmon221
Roger Thornhill (1): Bride of Sadistyx
SoraAdvent (1): Bumi
The Mini-Librarian (1): Robert2424
thezmon221 (10): The Mini-Librarian, nhammen, BirdAndBeast, njoseph, Parama, ArcAngel9, SoraAdvent, Baby Spice, unseencamo, JohnnyFarrar
unseencamo (1): HeatherA
No Lynch (1): Roger Thornhill
Not voting (7): Albus Dumbledore, DayVigilante, ewo2, PMysterious, Sixx, KillerApple, JacobSavage

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Archetype replaces Bride of Sadistyx.

HeatherA
HeatherA
Townie
HeatherA
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by HeatherA »

B&B nice way to twist my words there. Or do I really have to explain plain English to you? So far you have lumped into the scum bucket pretty much anyone who has raised the slightest objection to the way you're bulldozing your way through this game, and since to me Thez doesn't seem all that scummy I'm not worried by you describing me as scum. I'm willing to bet that if you get your way and lynch Thez he'll probably turn out town. So then hopefully everyone will see you for the bully that you are and ignore all the bs "reads" you've been throwing out so far. Of course I know my own alignment. Do you think you're being "clever" by playing the obtuse card there?

The really sad part is that I think you're most likely town. It's just that you're far too arrogant for your own good. Or the town's good, for that matter, since it's the town that's going to suffer if they keep buying into your bs.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Wow. My mind is blown right now.

~Kazooie
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Couple points I guess.

Re "Lumping people into scum bucket that oppose us": I said that at MOST one of you/AJ are scum. And I think PMyst is town. Mastin was nullish on AJ, leaning scummy if Thez flips scum and null on PMyst.

Re "Im not worried about you describing me as scum": Why would you be worried at all about my read on you? I just don't understand why town-you is spending so much of your posting speculating about how *WE* will look bad Tomorrow and therefore you aren't concerned about us calling you scum.

Re "being clever". I'm a clever guy. But, no. I play this game by trying to understand people's train of thoughts. I don't understand why you are speculating on OUR opinion of YOUR alignment holding water TOMORROW after a hypothetical flip. Do you have any reason to think Thez is town? Because, if not, surely he has an average ~25% chance of being scum, right?

Wait one fucking second. Why did you put "reads" in quotes if you think we are town? "reads" implies that we are making shit up because we are scum. And yes Im definitely nit-picking now.

~Kazooie.

@JohnnyFarrar: Its not so much that Im obvscum. Im obvtown when Im town. When Im scum Im just kind of _around_ and not obv-anything. My opinion. That said [snark] If I am obvscum as scum, why would I even need to sign my posts for you to see the obvscum? Derp [/snark]
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Oh yeah, obvtown, that was it. Someone told me that in the dead thread from Gunny's TinTin game.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:55 am

Post by njoseph »

thezmon221: any more clear that this person would be lynch for today?
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:56 am

Post by njoseph »

*could it be any more clear that he would be the lynch for today?
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:25 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 301, ArcAngel9 wrote:Great, this list is just great. so whoever votes you next will come under your scum list?
Hello, that's not how mafia works. everyone who votes you doesn't mean they're scum.
so why do you think i am in your scum list. Care to explain?
So obviously you didn't read it in context. B&B asked me who on my WAGON is scummy. And besides, I've already said a couple of those reads are null anyway, but null leaning scum which is why I mentioned them. You happen to be one of those null-scum reads. But if you want a list of reasons, here's those reasons.

-Newfound skimming (which I know isn't really a scum tell, but I've found scum are the more often skimmers.)
-I noticed that you have scumhunted, so that would be town points for you
-You drawing out the Day Vig conversation into what appears to me as a fish more than anything, or even pressuring the DV to kill someone D1. Sure, it's not a
terrible
(not terrible scummy, but terrible bad) option, but it would be far better to wait IME for D2.

njoseph wrote:*could it be any more clear that he would be the lynch for today?
It could be a lot more clear. In fact, what would be awesome is if you actually did something in this game. However, on the topic of this, I've seen in other games I've played that even with an early wagon on someone, there's occasionally a time when someone else does something else and a lot of people hop onto that wagon which either stagnates the first wagon, or just dissipates it all together.

Lol at the picture.
HeatherA
HeatherA
Townie
HeatherA
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:51 am

Post by HeatherA »

@B&B - I put "reads" in quotes because to me it seems that you saw a bunch of people from another site and decided we must all be scum. You've labelled Thez, Sixx, AJ and me all as scum, with no reasons given for any of those except for some spurious stuff you dredged up about Thez. What's the matter - you don't like to see new players on this site who actually might have some experience elsewhere? Does that idea threaten you somehow? God help us if we try to ask for reasons for your "reads", because as we've seen you first ignore us by refusing to answer (even so far in my case as to declare that you couldn't see me asking you to share your reason), and then if we press you for a response you just go on and make up more stuff. When someone says that you've labelled them scum for no reason that you appear to have shared, that means they expect in your next post to see said reasons. You didn't offer up any but went on the attack, because oh dear someone dared to question you.

And so far what you've done is derail me from any proper scumhunting, which I find equally as frustrating as your poor attitude. This game should be about people working together to find actual scum reads and to give reasons for those reads so others can see and discuss them, not for one (or two, in your case, in a "hydra" thing that I find quite bizarre) player to pick out a name of someone they don't know and to declare that person scum with no basis and then turn every effort of that person to defend the vague attacks on him into more ammunition to use against him. And for all those people who have slapped down a vote on Thez with absolutely no reason given at all - shame on you. At least have the decency to give the man something to defend against.

Hopefully in my next post I'll be able to return to my regular habit of actually looking at what people have posted and forming opinions about the GAME as opposed to having to try to get my head around the appalling behaviour of other players.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:12 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Roger Thornhill and theomoaner are due for prods in (expired on 2012-12-23 14:30:49) and (expired on 2012-12-23 15:17:04) respectively.

KillerApple
KillerApple
Townie
KillerApple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:00 am

Post by KillerApple »

In post 317, HeatherA wrote:
And so far what you've done is derail me from any proper scumhunting, which I find equally as frustrating as your poor attitude.

I have to agree with Heather on this one. I find it difficult to look for scum when a single opinion is being shoved down my throat. Thez will probably flip town and I will probably be labeled as scum for this post alone. But I suppose it's only D1 so there isn't really much basis for any vote. B&B, if Thez ends up being mafia then I will give you credit where it is due, but if not then you are probably wrong about all of the others that you have labeled scum since your reasoning was simply because they defended Thezmon or opposed you.

Also, ArcAngel you clearly misinterpreted that last quote of yours. Thezmon put together a list of scummy people that were voting for him. He didn't say that everyone who votes for him is scum. This looks like an obvious attempt to twist his words, which is very scummy to me.

VOTE: ArcAngel
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Bumi »

That is a very bad vote Killer and you are very scummy for making it.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:19 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Explain.
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 am

Post by Bumi »

I will. At a later point in time.

Mainly due to the fact that Arc is from India and things can get lost in translation. You can see some fumblings in her earlier posts. It looks like Killer is going after something easy to have his vote down.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Roger Thornhill is prodded and Archetype has requested replacement.

BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:13 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Spoiler: Heather
@Heather: I have nothing against new players and Im offended that you think I would purposefully troll a game and vote newbies because I dislike them. I don't and I would NEVER play the game to any less than my best.

If you are town, I do not see why you are saying this. You are wrong. I assume you are just throwing that out there to appear opinionated and discredit me though (because you are scum).

Not scumhunting is your own fault. Nobody else's.

Honestly, Im getting this crazy vibe that you are trying to goad me into voting you.

And you never answered my question. Why do you think Thez is town and not just a null-read?

@ Heather/Apple: Also, I made 1 (fairly succinct IMO) case for why we think Thez is scum. And one post saying that his reaction to nhammen was bad. How are we forcing ANYTHING down ANYONE's throat with a solid TWO posts about why Thez is scum?

tl;dr: IF you are scum, then ok, but otherwise what you are saying about us has been flatout wrong (about us calling scum anyone that reads town on Thez) and (Us not liking new players) and (Us preventing you from scumhunting). So if you are town then actually read the thread and stop wasting everyone's time arguing with someone you think is town and convince us to vote somewhere else.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”