AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:30 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Dunhamganger PM'd me about RL things going on. We are discussing his replacement.

Vote Tally 2.4

Dunhamganger (L - 4):
Singer is Nachomamma, qwints
Slandaar (L - 4):
D3x, Gorgon
Nobody Special (L - 5):
Saint Kerrigan
d3x (L - 5):
Slandaar
Singer is Nachomamma (L - 5):
Kthxbye
qwints (L - 5):
Malakittens

Pacifists (Not Voting):
Nobody Special, Dunhamganger

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch or 5 to "No Lynch".

Saint Kerrigan (L - 6):

Gorgon (L - 6):

KthxBye (L - 6):

Malakittens (L - 6):

((expired on 2013-01-13 23:59:59))
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Kthxbye »

SiN needs more votes due to his p696.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:46 am

Post by Slandaar »

This game needs life.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:49 am

Post by Slandaar »

Dex honestly I have read your Dunham case which is an Absta case really; the only thing worth noting is the giving up thing, but I still doubt he is scum. In case its not obvious I am working through the posts directed at me hence I have not gotten to this bit yet. Gorgon post is next iirc.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Gorgon »

In post 692, Slandaar wrote:his story is; votes conman unvotes because 'oh noes L-1'

I was online at the time that Conman got to L-1, early in the game mind you, so I felt it to be pretty much my duty to unvote. I think L-1 should only really be maintained when there is a very clear emerging consensus that the wagoned player should be lynched. Early hard pressure is all good, but L-1 is where that fun ends as far as I'm concerned. If you find this attitude not to be protown I would love to hear more about it. I can kind of get that this could be, in this particular case, attributed to wanting to protect a scumbuddy, but that's nothing but confirmation bias unless you can explain why a town me would not have been likely to unvote at that point.

In post 692, Slandaar wrote:then never rejoins

Well, neither did you, although to be fair you stated your intention to rejoin pretty clearly. I was leaning towards it in my second to last post before the lynch, but the actual lynch happened in my absence. I probably would have contributed to Conman's lynch if the day had been longer but I do realize that those words are just wind now as it's actions that count the most. But as I said I wasn't around for the final push no more than you were, so it's strange for you to paint it as sketchy, unless of course you can explain why it's sketchy in my case and not in your own case.

And my reason for voting other people than Conman? Partly the same as your stated reasons for the same behavior, exploring other options and reaction testing. Also, I was genuinely very confused by the guy (in #130 I was even leaning town on him) which was yet more reason to find it profitable to kind of leave him on the backburner for a while and concentrate on people I could get a better read on, and I think it was, all things considered.

In post 692, Slandaar wrote:and his dodging argument was beyond laughable I don't see town making it; 'he is dodging explaing why conman inventing reads is scummy!, he is dodging explaining why voting people with no reason is scummy! he is also dodging why avoiding questions is scummy!' nonsensical.

I thought I had finally managed to state this relatively clearly in #430, but obviously you disagree. Going back through that convo I see that I never addressed your question regarding what you were supposed to be trying to achieve by this dodging ... so let's see. As I said in #430, instead of addressing d3x's request in #372 that you explained your vote on Conman, you jumped on him claiming to have found scum. This was my main reason for voting you back then. I felt your case against d3x to be contrived and overly militant considering what you (as I see it) actually had to work with, i.e. not protown. So I guess if I had to answer your question it seems to me that scum-you might have been trying to aggressively push a contrived case at the expense of a more 'civilized', protown discourse. I can definitely see the need for aggression for reaction checking from time to time of course, but this push of yours just seemed off to me. Manufactured, just as you say you feel about my posts. It's also pretty convenient that you were already painting d3x as Conman's buddy on D1 and attacking his 'Conman is VI' line and now that Conman is confirmed scum that's an easy line to follow through on. Maybe a bit too convenient, as scum-you would of course know full well that Conman is in fact scum and would be able to manufacture just such an attack to make someone defending him look bad and gain town cred for yourself. I'm not going to be so cruel as to discount the possibility that you were simply spot-on about Conman, but again, I am leaning somewhat towards contrivance here.

In post 692, Slandaar wrote:Dex ignored him asking the question which is suspect to say the least.

This I agree with, and I would very much like an answer to that question, but since you mention it I would also like you to address the points I raised re you in that same post.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Gorgon »

In post 704, Gorgon wrote:This I agree with, and I would very much like an answer to that question, but since you mention it I would also like you to address the points I raised re you in that same post.

In post 703, Slandaar wrote:Gorgon post is next iirc.

Oh, if I read this correctly it means you were getting around to answering that post. Cool, then.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Gorgon »

Wow, I missed this earlier ... it pays to reread thoroughly.

In post 553, d3x wrote:@Kthx, If you want to bring up my meta, how about bringing up my Scum meta? Have you ever known me to hardline defend a ScumBuddy like this? I pretty much always bus the hell out of them whether they are under fire or not. It sounds so much more convincing that way. If I'm not bussing them, I'm usually ignoring them. Why would I take such a hardline stance against someone who tied for the highest Wagon when I replace in and is the obv Lynch of the Day?

This is just as much WIFOM as Slandaar's defence. I really hate this sort of rhetoric as again, there's no discounting the possibility that the player simply purposely went against meta in order to be able to point out that they are going against meta.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:46 am

Post by d3x »

Hey guys, I'm sorry I have been a bit MIA recently. I'm dealing with some RL shit that's clearing out today. I should be able to post tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.

~d3x
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

In post 706, Gorgon wrote:Wow, I missed this earlier ... it pays to reread thoroughly.

In post 553, d3x wrote:@Kthx, If you want to bring up my meta, how about bringing up my Scum meta? Have you ever known me to hardline defend a ScumBuddy like this? I pretty much always bus the hell out of them whether they are under fire or not. It sounds so much more convincing that way. If I'm not bussing them, I'm usually ignoring them. Why would I take such a hardline stance against someone who tied for the highest Wagon when I replace in and is the obv Lynch of the Day?

This is just as much WIFOM as Slandaar's defence. I really hate this sort of rhetoric as again, there's no discounting the possibility that the player simply purposely went against meta in order to be able to point out that they are going against meta.

So are you saying this makes d3x more scummy because of this, or just that what d3x did here was dumb? I can't tell.

@d3x: Actually, going back and checking, I realized the deadline was actually several days away at the time I'd voted, when I'd remembered it being something like ten hours to deadline at the time I'd voted. It negates the deadline lurking point I was trying to make, but I'll go ahead and answer your defense for the sake of posterity.

d3x wrote:How would it have looked in your proposed scenario- absta flipped out regarding the Conman Wagon & requested replacement, his replacement would've then lurked to deadline, and Conman would've still been Lynched flipping Scum? TerribadScum, that's how. This cannot be preferable to losing a Scum Partner, can it? He'd have lined himself up for a D1 noose just as easily as Claiming Scum.

And throwing down a sudden hammer without any real content to speak of would have been better? Considering the attention he's been getting for doing just that, I think lurking through would have been a much better idea. At the very least, if he'd wanted to hammer, he would've thrown in some semi-decent reasoning so that the vote didn't look quite so blatant.

It should also be noted that I believe Slandaar is town, and thus I find it hard to believe that Dun would just hammer his partner when a townie was at L-1 and ripe for a hammer. All other points aside, this is my biggest reason for thinking Dun is town.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

In post 699, Nobody Special wrote:This game needs more activity.

Maybe you could help? Just saying that you haven't been all that active yourself. :/
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Also,
Unvote: Nobody Special
because I forgot to do that before. Not sure yet where I want to move my vote.

I do have a
FoS for SiN
, because that was an awfully noncommittal post in #696.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Slandaar why are you still continually defending Absta-slot? I have never seen town-Absta rage-replace like he did, but I have one game where scum-Absta replaced out in a similar fashion to this game.

Are you trying to tell us that we should ignore everything that Absta did and allow Dun a new clean slate and to not vote him because his overall slot is scummy?

Vote: Dun

I'll admit that I don't like SiN's post 696.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Ignore the last post of mine. He didn't rage-replace in the game I was thinking of, but just simply replaced out, but due to many games.
I went through other games and saw other games where town-Absta has replaced out.

Still there is other reasons to think Absta is scum regardless of the replace out and those reasons are actually quite strong.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

In post 712, Malakittens wrote:Still there is other reasons to think Absta is scum regardless of the replace out and those reasons are actually quite strong.

Such as...?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Try this post of mine.
Singer is Nachomamma
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by Singer is Nachomamma »

the dun slot is scum as fuck but i don't think that i want to go back through the game until there is an additional player in the slot
i don't really believe as strongly in my second scumread, but i have decent townreads on everyone else
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Replacing Dunhamganger
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Malakittens wrote:1. He told Conman to replace out because of the self-vote.
2. Calls Conman scum in this post after replying to Kthx, but doesn't vote him.
3. This post destroys what looks like a reaction test from NS.
4. Intent to hammer here after only calling Conman scum back in an earlier post.
5. Keeps calling Conman scummy, but lack of vote is apparent.
6. States he will vote Conman for a Policy Lynch. Where did the scumread on Conman go? (Located here)

Um...a lot of this looks circumstantial and taken out of context.

1. So what? Yes, it's good for scum, but it's also better than a policy lynch (what if Conman's slot had been town, after all). Suggesting it doesn't make you scummy.
2. That's "leaning scum", not "scum". Big difference.
3. It was actually fitz that ruined the trap, not absta. Fitz is town, so even
if
you'd gotten your facts right here, it wouldn't have mattered a damn because it's not just scum that fuck over reaction tests. :P
4. (This is assuming I parse what you're saying here correctly, I'm not entirely sure I read this right.) So? He already said Conman was a leaning scumread, and there were plenty of other people who felt like lynching Conman at that point. What makes his intent to hammer scummy?
5. So what? Why is that scummy?
6. So what? At that point he feels Conman is a liability no matter what. Does he have to say it's a scumread to make it look "less" scummy?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

SO many choices to lynch.

Ugh.

I'll also (more or less) be waiting for Dunham's replacement, but for now, I am pretty sure of this:

Vote: SiN
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 671, Gorgon wrote:
This is plain ol' WIFOM. It shows clearly that you know what your usual bussing behavior is and that you deviated from it and then point out this fact in your defense. What's there to prevent us from suspecting that scum-you is doing this on purpose?

It is WIFOM by definition, yes, but the fact is if I always do it (and I do) it means I think the strategy is good, hence going against it needs to reap benefits which as you say would be using the meta argument.
(or it could be meta reads fake tells etc but that obviously isn't the case as noone here knows my meta)

Now, lets be honest, how often do people say x is my meta i'm town! and people actually believe them? it never happens because everyone says WIFOM! I obviously know this and so go back to what benefits do I think I get from using a strategy which I must consider bad (as I never use it whatever the 'strategy' was you think I used here); the answer is none I seriously can't think of any and it just seems bad to not just sit on the wagon if I were scum.

I mean compare the meta argument even if it swayed 2 people it won't just make them go 'locktown' against the towncred from a full bus and its not close, especially on someone like Conman who was lynched anyways.

In short; I am town.

You mean like this?
In post 417, d3x wrote:Conman, please let know exactly what swayed you from the last few pages.

So, you don't find it suspicious when Conman doesn't reply x2 Dex is still pushing my wagon and ignores the issue?

I see.
Also, Conman (#414) was parroting me if anything, as he didn't add his vote to your wagon until I joined in and took d3x's side against you. Also, before I added my vote SiN had joined your wagon (#402), albeit with no stated reasoning. Conman had plenty of time to add his vote right after d3x's but he didn't until the wagon was gained some momentum.

Eh you were both basically sheeping Dex from what I could tell so he basically sheeped him also; nitpicking.

Him voting later when he had the chance earlier is probably because he wouldn't just hop on straight away with his buddy needs at least one town vote...

It's also of note that Conman talks about us guys making some 'good points', which he also said in #318 when joining a wagon on fitz, explicitly parroting SiN whom I believe to be town. He also said it about confirmed townie Huntress in #126, although he wasn't joining a wagon then. This does, at mininum, suggest that Conman is not that simple to read that one can automatically assume that him parroting others means said others are his scumbuddies.

OK? that wasn't what I was saying, at all.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 711, Malakittens wrote:Slandaar why are you still continually defending Absta-slot?

Because I think hes town? Continually defending is a bit over exaggerated but still.

In post 706, Gorgon wrote:Wow, I missed this earlier ... it pays to reread thoroughly.

It's slightly annoying you posted this as it messes things up a bit.

My super mega Gorgon-Dex team case would have included it but now I don't know, I just don't know. It was brought up at a strange time but, would you really know about it? Thinking.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 am

Post by Gorgon »

In post 701, Kthxbye wrote:SiN needs more votes due to his p696.

In post 711, Malakittens wrote:I'll admit that I don't like SiN's post 696.

What's wrong with it?

In post 708, SaintKerrigan wrote:So are you saying this makes d3x more scummy because of this, or just that what d3x did here was dumb? I can't tell.

Good question, and one I was actually wondering about myself. I think that ultimately it's a null tell apart from other factors, such as context, phrasing and their reaction to me discussing the issue. Speaking of which ...

In post 719, Slandaar wrote:It is WIFOM by definition, yes, but the fact is if I always do it (and I do) it means I think the strategy is good, hence going against it needs to reap benefits which as you say would be using the meta argument.
(or it could be meta reads fake tells etc but that obviously isn't the case as noone here knows my meta)

Now, lets be honest, how often do people say x is my meta i'm town! and people actually believe them? it never happens because everyone says WIFOM! I obviously know this and so go back to what benefits do I think I get from using a strategy which I must consider bad (as I never use it whatever the 'strategy' was you think I used here); the answer is none I seriously can't think of any and it just seems bad to not just sit on the wagon if I were scum.

I mean compare the meta argument even if it swayed 2 people it won't just make them go 'locktown' against the towncred from a full bus and its not close, especially on someone like Conman who was lynched anyways.

This is a great answer and I find no fault in the logic.

In post 719, Slandaar wrote:So, you don't find it suspicious when Conman doesn't reply x2 Dex is still pushing my wagon and ignores the issue?

I see.

That wasn't the argument I was replying to. You said he ignored this issue entirely, which is what I was refuting with a simple example of him not ignoring it. You're moving the goalposts here, but fine, I'll play along as it's still an interesting issue. In #496 it seems d3x is frustrated with Conman's behavior and even asks him to replace out, so obviously he is attributing Conman's behavior to VI town rather than scum, as you have so diligently pointed out that he did. Your argument therefore seems to be that at this point town d3x 'should' have become suspicious of Conman for his behavior, which I don't agree with. One thing I would like to point out here is that there was a bunch of other people not exactly jumping on Conman for not answering questions and basically being what he was, so why is d3x scummy for this? At least he tried to make some sense of the guy.

Heck, let's make this simple by you simply explaining what you think town-d3x should have done differently.

In post 719, Slandaar wrote:Eh you were both basically sheeping Dex from what I could tell so he basically sheeped him also; nitpicking.

Him voting later when he had the chance earlier is probably because he wouldn't just hop on straight away with his buddy needs at least one town vote...

OK, I admit it might be nitpicking but it's good to discuss what exactly what was going on and get some reactions to it. In that light, your point about Conman waiting until town joined in voting you is a good one; that is a plausible scenario.

In post 671, Gorgon wrote:OK? that wasn't what I was saying, at all.

No, of course you weren't saying that Conman parroting someone automatically means that said someone is a scumbuddy of his, but you seem to be implying that the parroting is at least some indication that d3x is Conman's scumbuddy. My point is that the counterexample of Conman parroting town is a warning that this might be confirmation bias based on the already given assumption that d3x is scum.

In post 720, Slandaar wrote:It's slightly annoying you posted this as it messes things up a bit.

My super mega Gorgon-Dex team case would have included it but now I don't know, I just don't know. It was brought up at a strange time but, would you really know about it? Thinking.

Haha. In the spirit of full honesty, I was actually getting a little worried that I might have been getting a bit too certain about my town read on d3x and my scum read on you so I decided to reread you both thoroughly, and wouldn't you know it, I missed that little gem of his which was very similar to what I had picked on you for earlier - so I posted this not least in the interest of fairness and to prove that I wasn't tunneling on you while defending d3x hard, which definitely might have made me look bad later, especially if you turn out to be town and d3x scum.

It's certainly a funny cooincidence that I seem to have done this at pretty much exactly the right moment to give you some second thoughts about the d3x/Gorgon case you were building, which by the way is exactly what I thought you might be doing, town or scum - but something about that comment about you being annoyed at my timing seems quite townish to me (I guess it might be that you're expressing some real doubts for the first time, which is always townish when it seems genuine), and the same goes for a lot of your other reactions to my questions and comments.

So, I think the right thing to do now is ...

UNVOTE:

Back to the drawing board for me, I guess.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Gorgon »

And oh, some responses from d3x to this and from Mala to this would be greeeat.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

roflcopter replaces Dunhamganger. Thanks rofl!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

reporting in

reading up will be completed on my day off tomorrow
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”