Open 474 - Friends and Enemies - Game Over!

Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Docteur Gudsight »

Honestly the thing that bit me most with him was his choice to unvote just for good for discussion which is a really weak reason to exit a scum read. Anyone with decent playing ability can wall so it sounding like a town tell from a replace in who'd likely have time to comment since they'd have to catch up is just weak. His treatment of scum reads though in the sense of them leaving him seems like genuine weakness in reads and doesn't feel contrived at all along with the fact I personally like his L-1 vote on you in keeping you at L-1. I understand the idea of extending the day he's pushing and can see why it sounds like something he genuinely believes even if I think once you have a strong scum read the day doesn't need to be pushed to last more.

~M (last was ~M too)
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Why the strong response to 394 Mehdi?
Wandering but not lost
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by NicCage »

Just read up, lots of activity.

In post 307, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 289, NicCage wrote:Venrob and Josh are equally scummy in my eyes, but Venrob has promised D2 activity. Josh hasn't provided anything of value in my eyes, and I don't think he plans on doing so.

I thought he was saying he'd be active day 3. If my one game previously has his playstyle right (though he's already made more posts this game than he did in the large normal I played with him that he managed to not get replaced in until day 3 or 4), he'll end up being replaced and probably a replacement will give us more content.
If you're basing your scum reads just on how much actual content someone is giving, ignoring that spencer is currently being replaced - where does he sit in your reads?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but here's my answer. At the time I considered Josh and Venrob to be almost equally scummy, but I thought that since Josh seemed to be a more active poster that was still ignoring a lot of important arguments in the game. So Josh was my highest scum read and Venrob was second. However, things have changed quite a bit. Josh was replaced, so that means to me that he probably wasn't even checking the accusations against him. A big part of my vote on him had to do with the fact that he was ignoring the accusations against him. Now, he was most certainly playing for part of the time I was waiting on him to at least defend himself, but since I can't be sure of how much I'm just going to content myself with being very suspicious with his slot.

In post 389, Venrob wrote:I have time to get on this game for a minute or so, and i just read up...
UNVOTE:
VOTE: GM

G2G dinner is ready bye

This is really weird. I mean he's gone and can't play, but has time to read up and drop a vote. I'm still not going to vote for him because I know I won't get a response, but I'm not the only one that thinks this is scummy, right?

Okay now onto more new stuff:

In post 339, JacobSavage wrote:Okay I'm willing to hammer Josh. Is that okay?

AH WHY. I can't tell if you are scum or your reasoning is just terrible. Right now my gut is leaning toward terrible. I'm tired of making this post, so I'll make one right after this with more investigation into Josh.
In post 326, goodmorning wrote:
Also, now that he's not at L-1,

Vote: Josh

Why would you put an inactive player back up to L-1? You didn't want to lynch him before, and you can't add pressure to a nobody.

I don't know about this GM case though.
My gut screams scum at panzer
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm

In post 401, serrapaladin wrote:Why the strong response to 394 Mehdi?

I find it highly discrediting in tone and motivation. You chose the weakest thing to put in a bad light instead of respond to say the rest.

~M
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm

And goodmorning replied to 402's question already once.

Erratic opinion is also still not really a scum tell unless you want to explain it some more. Especially when the timing of jacob's was an atmosphere of josh dislike. Ven's is more opportunistic but the idea of jumping around being more of a town tell applies there as well especially when done so blatantly.

~M
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by NicCage »

Or maybe I won't do so much as I thought I would. I don't think HD's original case against Jacob was very persuasive. I feel like he was reading into a lot of null posts too much.
However, even though I think a lot of Jacob's scuminess is coming from his playstyle there's still this:

In post 195, JacobSavage wrote:
In post 181, Josh Lyman wrote:HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED

And to be fair this is a very town reaction. I mean scum would try and build some sort of defense. The way he acknowledges but also.ignores the wagon.is a very telling sign.

Even though Jacob's logic is pretty bad at other times, this one is pretty off the wall. The words themselves make no sense.
Although I think it's possible Jacob just didn't like the Josh wagon.
-----
In post 357, JacobSavage wrote:I have an issue yay :)

But the reason why I was willing to hammer is 1. A lot of people had expressed opinions on him and so.would be a good information lynch. 2. I prefere to not make the mod have to try and find a L-1 slot as often they are very hard to find.

These reasons are pretty bad too. I dunno. I can't make heads or tails out of this. Oh, and ealier I meant to

Unvote
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 390, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 167, ArcAngel9 wrote:

Josh is a person i am bit concerned about, He randomly votes me first
and after 3 pages laters he made another posting saying that "every body is arguing over nothing" and later he gives bit lecture to KX , and right after he votex KX. Over all 7 pages he has been nothing but "Null"

I don't know Josh before neither i have ever played with him I am wondering if this is how he play or he is scum and trying to avoid facing the game?

Unvote

VOTE: Josh

ArcAngel, this is the post GM and I were referring to. It's odd that in making a case against Josh you would mention "he RVS votes me" that far into the game. RVS votes are really irrelevant as soon as we've left RVS. Also, it's somewhat inconsistent that you decide he's been mostly null, but then vote him anyways. Your vote on Josh seems a bit fabricated overall.

I'm still leaning town on GM, although I'm interested to see how Jenn's case plays out.

Did you forget reading the other points that i mentioned about Josh, or you left for your convenience?
Josh made random votes with no reads, and he acted as ignorant through out the 7 pages game, so i was comfortable voting him...

and what is surprising me is that how you don't see GM scummy, He has was doing nothing than just twisting the game. how can you don't see that? and HD?

About Jennifer, although my read on Josh is still the same. Jennifer is a new person so i give another shot for josh/jennifer. So far she is been better Josh for sure!!
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 406, ArcAngel9 wrote:and what is surprising me is that how you don't see GM scummy, He has was doing nothing than just twisting the game. how can you don't see that? and HD?

Is this a question being asked towards me or are you asking it about me?
Are you ready for this?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

[quote="In post 391,

@294/AA, AA scum replace out just as well. If you think he's scum continue voting him. Josh being voted isn't just pressure it's because of a genuine desire to have him lynched. And AA can you give short reasons explaining your reads? (or long if you want to wall)
[/quote]

do you mean all or anyone specific?

AA jennifer came. So what happened to the read on her and doesn't the reason you unvoted her die if the slot's active again?

Explained in the post above!!!
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Also I know there were a bunch of questions in the page or two I missed but I'm really lazy so if there are any questions you need answered, point them out and I'll respond.
Are you ready for this?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 407, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 406, ArcAngel9 wrote:and what is surprising me is that how you don't see GM scummy, He has was doing nothing than just twisting the game. how can you don't see that? and HD?

Is this a question being asked towards me or are you asking it about me?

Its a question for you and Sera about GM, considering you have already ignored my question once. I am no longer sure if you're part of town or not.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Arc: Sure, you mentioned other stuff, but mentioning Josh's random vote on you is very odd. Everyone makes random votes without reads in RVS, that's really not something you have any reason to bring up.
Wandering but not lost
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:51 pm

@Arc

In post 387, Human Destroyer wrote:Jennifer's case actually interests me a lot, but I like my vote where it is currently.

Taking Jenn's case into account, I'd say GM's floating somewhere in the null range.

I did answer it though...
Are you ready for this?
Docteur Gudsight
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Docteur Gudsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 pm

All. 1 sentence each is enough.

And I thought it was directed to me but I gave my feelings on gm at the top of this page and bottom of last page. I don't think he's scum. Go iso him and he does have content.

And how is jennifer particularly better? (to both angel and anyone who's gone off her so easily which seems to forget the fact josh's alignment carries over and his scum tells still apply on the slot) Is it possible to be really worse? So far she's walled some with a weak reason to try to attack jacob and she didn't even vote him with it then when implying he was heavily scummy (like testing the waters first) and over focus on the last two votes of her wagon.

~M
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 411, serrapaladin wrote:Arc: Sure, you mentioned other stuff, but mentioning Josh's random vote on you is very odd. Everyone makes random votes without reads in RVS, that's really not something you have any reason to bring up.

Look, do you know what would have been really odd?
If i had mentioned his rvs vote as reason to put my vote would be an odd reason.
Why are you trying bold one point out of bunch of my reasons from Josh's vote.. and i was asking your read on GoodMorning and you been shifting topic back to Josh and me... I don't like going in circles...
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:55 pm

1) Jacob is scummier.

2) Her main focus of attack is goodmorning, why wouldn't she have two scum reads?

P-Edit: @Docteur
Are you ready for this?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 412, Human Destroyer wrote:@Arc

In post 387, Human Destroyer wrote:Jennifer's case actually interests me a lot, but I like my vote where it is currently.

Taking Jenn's case into account, I'd say GM's floating somewhere in the null range.

well that was it? that was looking more like that you don't want talk about him than considering into facts that i mentioned about him.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Who is GM?
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Wait I got it.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 417, JacobSavage wrote:Who is GM?

GM means GoodMorning!
And tell me, Why are you being less poster on this game? Considering to your history for not being scum for son long. I am having second thoughts on your read... and ignorance is not your regular fashion... Are you Scum?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 415, Human Destroyer wrote:1) Jacob is scummier.

2) Her main focus of attack is goodmorning, why wouldn't she have two scum reads?

P-Edit: @Docteur

Who is HER, here?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 pm

In post 416, ArcAngel9 wrote:

well that was it? that was looking more like that you don't want talk about him than considering into facts that i mentioned about him.

Well GM was a slight town read before, and now she's moved to null because the cases on her interest me. There isn't really much more to talk about there. >.>

P-Edit: Her=Jennifer
Are you ready for this?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 419, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 417, JacobSavage wrote:Who is GM?

GM means GoodMorning!
And tell me, Why are you being less poster on this game? Considering to your history for not being scum for son long. I am having second thoughts on your read... and ignorance is not your regular fashion... Are you Scum?

Jacob, you better not ignore this post!!!! :roll:
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 421, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 416, ArcAngel9 wrote:

Well GM was a slight town read before, and now she's moved to null because the cases on her interest me. There isn't really much more to talk about there. >.>

P-Edit: Her=Jennifer

so you're happy voting Jennifer?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 pm

...what? That isn't what I said, I was saying why I didn't agree with Docteur...
Are you ready for this?

Return to “Completed Open Games”