Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Like I'm sorry but town people don't just go "fuck this game. It makes me soooo angry *hulk*" for little reasons like that <___<
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 694, The Mini-Librarian wrote:
New question: why sling non-suspicion onto my particular slot for not being attacked when there's other slots that fufill your criteria? (baby spice, sottyrulez)

I dunno how you can sling nothing onto something, but beyond that the reason I mentioned you was to prevent you from coasting D1; it left you with a choice of coasting and getting called on it or posting and giving me a better read, either was/is good.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Cerulean »

I don't know what to make of that. I can understand saying a game is pissing you off, and the first post was fine. The second infuriating post rang a bit odd, I know that konowa doesn't really post a whole lot in games from thurs. through tues. anyway, but for them both to be missing. Where is rofl and why can't he post?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 698, Cerulean wrote:
In post 695, ActionDan wrote:
It's precisely posts like these that made me feel the need to get out those reads. I'm assuming this is Tammy. You do not understand people, and least of all me. Just because the wagon is off of shadoweh now doesn't mean everyone else thinks she's solid town. maybe leaning town, but I don't remember anyone calling her firm town besides maybe benmage.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I think Shadoweh's tone has sounded like her usual town self, and that's meta, but I have her as town due to her play and her early reads, which is decidedly not meta. Her votes for Benmage earlier and her vote for TML were both coming from a town mindset. In particular, 210 when she *sees the light* and get's off of Benmage because she saw that he was reasoning like she was, and unto TML, was the move that solidified my town read of her.

Your failure to read her was a failure to read townie play.

As for my meta, as scum I do not like having to call people town. Because I have to stick with the reads once I do that and my voting options become constricted. It's an uncomfortable experience.

:? And this post is a pretty good indication of why I think your slot is scum. It's so stilted. You haven't felt the need to criticize my ability to understand/read people before so you feel the need to now? A good portion of my job is understanding people, so your "you don't understand people" shtick sounds like crap for undermining purposes.

It's precisely posts like what that made you rush to go benmage, shadoweh and bt are obvtown guys?

And so what if my failure to read her at first was a failure to read town play. You might have seen her vote on Ben as being town reasoning, we didn't.

You've only called three people town, btw. There are more town here than that, are you failing to be able to read town play?

And I find it interesting that the only people you have called town are benmage and two people you play with at another site. Those I wouldn't consider town reads you're paying for. For two people as town you would be expected to read as town would look extra suspicious to them if you didn't town read them, so your meta reasoning doesn't really hold up.

I feel the need to defend myself, because you are calling me scum off of circumstantial reasoning (i.e, not that I'm calling Shadoweh town, but that I'm calling her town and that she doesn't have a wagon so this makes me scum appealing to her.), so I am indeed telling you that you are wrong just like you were wrong about Shadoweh. I don't remember much about your other reads, and I wouldn't be talking to you quite like this if I didn't think you were leaning town, so that's why I'm not questioning or going after you.

"only three" - three strong 100% town reads are a goodly amount!

for your last paragraph, I guess you mean that Shadoweh and BT would expect me to read them as town if they were indeed town, or else I'd look suspicious to them so it doesn't do me any credit to call them town because I'd have to anyway as scum to avoid suspicion? ^_^ I suppose you are right on that one actually. I don't think I'd go out of my way to directly call them 100% town though. I don't think I'd accuse them of being scum unless I could easily get away with it though. (for the record I have accused Shadoweh as being scum when she was town and I was scum before and I got away with it)
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 1, Votecount 28

Shadoweh (1) - Baby Spice
JasonT1981 (3) - Cerulean, BT, TheGreatestAmericanHero
SafetyDance (1) - ChannelDelibird
ActionDan (2) - The Mini-Librarian, SafetyDance
Zdenek (5) - Plessiezarus, camn, Nostredeus, DeasVail, Benmage

absta101 (1) - Shadoweh
camn (2) - absta101, Zdenek
TheGreatestAmericanHero (1) - sottyrulez
Plessiezarus (1) - Ser Arthur Dayne

Not voting (2):
JasonT1981, ActionDan

• With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 6th of February at 5:30pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-02-06 13:30:28)
  • CDB and SafetyDance are V/LA.

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by ActionDan »

VOTE: TGAH

what made both of you leap off Nost to vote Jason. I didn't see a reason mentioned for that decision. Normally you are keen to give the play-by-play of how your heads reach your reads, but I saw nothing indicating that you thought Jason was worse than Nost. Nor has there been any mention of Nost thereafter.

The reason you gave for voting Jason was his push for SAD's rp, although that was long available to the both of you. I understand that one of you had a scum read and then convinced the other one, but the reads shadoweh and Nost never resurface (and they don't make much sense to me as congruent scum reads when Nost is voting shadoweh [this is also why I feel TGAH is cherry picking. SAD gets a pass for Jason voting him, but Shadoweh remains a scum read even though Nost voted her)

I also think the theory of Jason ---> Sotty scum is fake. As was pushing both Shadoweh and Nost at the same time.

I Sotty has been pretty townie looking and quite genuine in their defense of Jason, and the attempt to argue sotty as scum protecting a buddy smells of arguing for the sake of arguing.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Shadoweh, what do you think of ActionDan?

Zdenek has been pretty meh since replacing in. I don't think he's been particularly scummy, but I could pretty easily see him as scum still, so not much has really changed there.

ActionDan I can see the reasoning for, but I'm not that convinced yet. He's someone I could lean either way on.

I can't really read Absta. When Absta is town I think he's scum. When Absta is scum, I think he's scum for half the game, then think he's town. I don't know what to do there, sorry. He's scummy here to me, but I have no idea what that means.

TGAH can be a scumread too.

I feel I haven't really been very involved or proactive in getting my reads sorted this game and I apologise for that. Over the next few days, I'll put more effort into reading people, but my reads as they stand are pretty likely close to what they'll actually end up being.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I'm half asleep and really not giving this game the credit it deserves right now, but at least I peeked in when my name came up. Just peeking I can see that Dan is being vvoted by a goofball and someone I think is scummy and.. I'm assuming McStab replaced out because everyone hated him and Zdenek didn' read the game before taking up the replacement.

I'm pretty sure Dan would town-read me either way though because he knows I wouldn't let him get away with it in this game :p But you shouldn't be suspicious of him for coming into the game and saying what he saw while he was reading it. Of course he was reading me, I am the best poster in all of mafialand. I don't think he'd be bothering with TGAH if he were scum.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 pm

Post by DeasVail »

A reread of McStab pretty much cements my scumread of the slot.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:24 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 706, DeasVail wrote:
I feel I haven't really been very involved or proactive in getting my reads sorted this game and I apologise for that. Over the next few days, I'll put more effort into reading people, but my reads as they stand are pretty likely close to what they'll actually end up being.

If you haven't been proactive in getting your reads sorted, why do you think that they probably won't change when you do try to sort them?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:02 am

Post by DeasVail »

I don't know, it's complicated for me.

So far, my reads are based on what other people have said as well as what I consider to be my own shallow interpretation of posts. I want to be able to consider people's posts more closely and look at motivations more deeply than I have, but I think most of my reads will be similar. It's probably more about increasing confidence in my reads, but there could be the odd one that changes when I consider something I hadn't previously.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 am

Post by Zdenek »

So why do you think that McStab is scum?
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Of our null-reads, TML and DV stood out as the ones we had least of a read on, so we spent a bit of time in the QT looking at them.

The Mini-Librarian

ML's push on Peta (moving from vague dislike in , to singling out a bad post in , to then going to look at Peta's past games and making a meta-case on him in ) looks natural. We also quite liked -- and agree that abtsta looked (and looks) worse than SafetyDance -- and I'm not sure why people have said they found it suspicious. Other than that, he's not done or said a great deal.

ML
-- can you explain your town-read on McStab? (From ). What about made you think McStab was town? And (since you don't list him as a town-read in your next-but-one post, ) why did he stop being a town-read?

Also, did you find BT's implict suggestion that your was scummy to be suspicious, or just strange? What are your current thoughts on that slot? (I don't think you ever mentioned Vifam, did you?)

DeasVail

DV has more posts, but he's equally hard to get a read on. Zar's impression seems to be that his early posts are mostly good (especially , , ), either because they match Zar's impression of town!DV or because they echo Zar's own thoughts as he was catching up on the thread earlier, but then there's a general decline from onwards.

A few of his posts (like ) feel a bit hollow, but Zar points to this game as an example of town!DV doing much the same thing (Zar says he had a scum-read on DV for a while in that game, and kept accusing him of being vague or fence-sitting, but DV turned out to be town).

DV
-- can you explain why TGAH has become a scum-read (in )? Is this a read you'd say was more influenced by what other people have said than by your own impressions? And what specifically has absta done that you find scummy?

What exactly
are
your reads "as they stand"? Have your town-reads, for instance, changed much since /?

In post 711, Zdenek wrote:So why do you think that McStab is scum?

Um. Why did you ask this question? (I mean, DV has talked about his scum-read on McStab more than he has talked about most of his reads.)

~ Pless
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 712, Plessiezarus wrote:Um. Why did you ask this question? (I mean, DV has talked about his scum-read on McStab more than he has talked about most of his reads.)

Well, he just said that his scum read on McStab solidified, and I like him to explain that. I also don't think that his reasons so far for voting McStab are alignment relevant, so more explanation is needed.

So far DV's attack on my slot seems to be based on McStab talking about who might be scum if Nost flips scum, which while maybe premature, is something that anyone can do, and it's really reaching to say that he was doing that to try to make his read seem more genuine. DV also attacks McStab for thinking that Nost is scum despite the fact that others have a town-read on him, this sort of stubbornness is at worst null, then he attacks Nost for being stubborn with his scum read but being willing to move his vote, which is another thing that's not scummy, and there's town motivation to cooperate with others despite having different reads on certain players, in order to get something positive done, even though it might not be ones first choice.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 am

Post by Zdenek »

sorry he then attacks McStab for being stubborn with his scum read on Nost
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 688, Zdenek wrote:Jason could easily be scum here. I don't read his way to blow my gambit post as genuine, his attack on SAD for overcompensating sucks, and I his unvote of SAD while still calling him scum makes no sense.

What part of my unvote while still saying he is scum makes no sense, I believe him as scum, but it was a wagon that was not going to take off, at least not today and therefore was a wasted vote.

Also, blow your gambit post? what one are you talking about, I don't rememeber you pulling a gambit.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 715, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 688, Zdenek wrote:Jason could easily be scum here. I don't read his way to blow my gambit post as genuine, his attack on SAD for overcompensating sucks, and I his unvote of SAD while still calling him scum makes no sense.

What part of my unvote while still saying he is scum makes no sense, I believe him as scum, but it was a wagon that was not going to take off, at least not today and therefore was a wasted vote.

Also, blow your gambit post? what one are you talking about, I don't rememeber you pulling a gambit.

So you didn't want to vote someone who you thought was scum because that wagon wasn't going to take-off, but thought that your vote would be more useful elsewhere?

It was your post where you said something like "way to blow my gambit."
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 am

Post by Zdenek »

sorry, thought your vote would be more useful on no one.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:58 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

if you had bothered to read anything I have said, you would have seen I had said I am slightly behind on reading and not fully caught up.. whats the point in putting down a vote when not fully caught up to all the facts?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:58 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Personally I just think you are trying to deflect attention back to me over the gambit etc so as to take away from people looking at you.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 718, jasonT1981 wrote:if you had bothered to read anything I have said, you would have seen I had said I am slightly behind on reading and not fully caught up.. whats the point in putting down a vote when not fully caught up to all the facts?

You said that you unvoted because you couldn't push the lynch through.

In post 719, jasonT1981 wrote:Personally I just think you are trying to deflect attention back to me over the gambit etc so as to take away from people looking at you.

By suggesting that you could be scum in a post where I talk about a bunch of people and while I'm not even voting you - that suggestion is LOLZY.

This reaction to me when you've said before that you think that my slot is 100% going to flip town is ridiculous.

Unvote
Vote: Jason
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:28 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 720, Zdenek wrote:You said that you unvoted because you couldn't push the lynch through.

yes exactly, that IS why I unvoted... you are now talking about why I don't have a vote down, I had not caught up (still not fully) to put down a vote.... what you quoted was WHY I HAD NOT GOT A VOTE NOW... NOT WHY I UNVOTED. See the difference?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 720, Zdenek wrote:By suggesting that you could be scum in a post where I talk about a bunch of people and while I'm not even voting you - that suggestion is LOLZY.

This reaction to me when you've said before that you think that my slot is 100% going to flip town is ridiculous.

Unvote
Vote: Jason

you came in, on what you more than likely saw was an easy wagon on me..
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:38 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 721, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 720, Zdenek wrote:You said that you unvoted because you couldn't push the lynch through.

yes exactly, that IS why I unvoted... you are now talking about why I don't have a vote down, I had not caught up (still not fully) to put down a vote.... what you quoted was WHY I HAD NOT GOT A VOTE NOW... NOT WHY I UNVOTED. See the difference?

I see the difference, and I still don't understand why would would have unvoted in the first place. That bothers me, but you're scum for this reaction to those comments. Specifically for this attack on me, who you thought was 100% town, over expressing suspicion of you and that I would have only mentioned you because it would be an easy wagon (which is false, by the way, since you've got Sottyrulez defending you).
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

*yawn*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”