Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

VOTE COUNT 1.9

Hiraki
- 5/7 (Xegarus, Josh Lyman, Aj The Epic, JacobSavage, Viomi)

JacobSavage
- 4/7 (YOLO, Revenus, JasonWazza, evilpacman18)

evilpacman18
- 2/7 (WT Snacks, Navarre)

Navarre
- 1/7 (Hiraki)

Aj The Epic
- 1/7 (the director)

Not Voting (0)
:

Deadline
: February 6th, 10PM, PST.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2013-02-06 22:00:00)
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 349, Aj The Epic wrote:At first, I thought it was slimer when I saw the avatar. Luckily, I was able to understand this and get a good understanding of where Viomi stands.

Yes, it may seem obvious, but remember that werewolves are also the Russian name for mafia and just happen to be standard goons. I was trying to distinguish between it.

Well talking about the possibilities doesn't help anybody.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 345, the director wrote:
Yeah walls are annoying, but people still like postin' them. Do what I do, scan for the important information and filter out the blowhard soapbox grandstanding nonsense. Like this is how I read Viomi's wall (which wasn't a bad read to be fair):

>Hikari is scum
>she thinks a few players are dumb
>a few players know somewhat what they are doing

Here is how I read Hikari walls:
>he's angry

See, it isn't that hard.

Okay, I'm seriously putting this in my wiki.

Director wrote:Hi Viomi. You seem to think that Hikari and evilpacman18 are scumbuddies, yet you also admit they are defending each other a lot (and when one is on the verge of being hammered). Tell me how that makes sense.

The fact that they are defending eachother a lot means they're scumbuddies, right?
You don't often see this kind of chainsaw defense, and when you do it's almost always scumbuddies.
How does that not make sense? Yes it's a completely stupid tactic for scum usually, but since most scum bus they might've agreed on defending together since it's not a very common scum tactic.

But anyways that's just a bunch of WIFOM, but answer me this:
Why else would they defend eachother so much?
I get a little bit defense of a friend you've been playing with for a long time, I've sure done it, but this isn't just defense. It's CHAINSAW defense. He's defending everything about hikari he can, and that gives me really bad vibes.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 344, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 338, evilpacman18 wrote:You were supposed to come the logical conclusion that I also think he's town and based on meta knowledge, I'm more likely to be right.

meta =/= more likely to be right.

That is retarded.

In post 339, JacobSavage wrote:Also can we easy up on the walls, I barley read them normally but when theres so many of them.

Walls are a part of the game, man up and read them (not like they take THAT long anyway)

THIS POST
THANK YOU JASON
<3
Navarre
Navarre
Townie
Navarre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Navarre »

In post 339, JacobSavage wrote:The strenght of the meta depends on how often you've played with him.

Also can we easy up on the walls, I barley read them normally but when theres so many of them.

Are you basing all your reads on the meta that you have on them? Because meta isn't evidence on who is or isn't scum and people who are experienced enough will be able to manipulate their posts according to the "so called meta. I don't see anyone questioning me but i skimmed through most of the walls so does anyone have anything much to say to me besides "please die"?
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 310, Viomi wrote:
In post 207, Navarre wrote:@Hiraki. Little to no content helps me stay alive at night and people are harder to read day 1 because of the many arguments that people may have. This seriously effects my reads and day 2 will help me provide clearer reads which i will out tomorrow. Get me? or is this really confusing? because it seems to be really confusing when i type it.

Oh
So you're a lurker then?
LYNCH ALL LURKERS PL0X
I seriously suggest you stop lurking unless you want my vote.

This goes not only to navarre, but to everyone who is only posting little fluff here and there. Like Navarre's above post.

Yes, I'm talking to you:
Navarre
Xegarus
WTSnacks
YOLO
AJ

Yolo seemed helpful at first and then he just dissappeared. WTF.
And AJ does his best to look like he's doing something but... I mean yeah he's tunneled into Hiraki a bit but that's about it. He's looking like he's doing shit but still floating on the edges- it bugs me.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by Viomi »

Oh and WTSnacks hasn't done jack shit but speculate here and there. What the fuck is this. I don't even know.

Please get in here so we don't have to lynch you, WTSnacks Yolo and Xegarus. At least navarre is HERE, posting every once in a while. Same with AJ.

I can't lynch you unless I can actually question you ._.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Post by Viomi »

(Sorry for the double and triple posts, it's how I play)
Just finished reading up on some of Revenus's old games and...

Oh lordie. What is this?!

He's a completely different player there. He's intelligent, lays stuff out.... Unlike in this thread he's flailing like a fucking monkey!

Would you like to explain, Revenus? I haven't seen much scumhunting out of you in this game, especially not as much as you do in previous games.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm

Post by Viomi »

(Quadruple post yay <3)

Okay what is with this game? I mean seriously, I see most of you posting elsewhere around the site and not in this thread. It's like lurkerville in here. Holy shit this game has got to be the slowest I've played yet.

And Navarre, the same question I asked revenus goes to you to. I read on your "Mafia of '13" game and it looks like you endgamed and hammered scum at LyLo. You seemed very townie and very anti-lurk, and yet that's all you seem to be doing in this game.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:41 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 355, Viomi wrote:And AJ does his best to look like he's doing something but... I mean yeah he's tunneled into Hiraki a bit but that's about it. He's looking like he's doing shit but still floating on the edges- it bugs me.

I tend to do this a lot, especially when I'm skiing. And I've tunneled, admittedly, but I generally try to back off once or twice (thus it seeming that I'm lurking) to make sure I'm not making an overly stupid decision by tunneling him. I honestly don't think I am.
Viomi wrote:
In post 345, the director wrote:
Yeah walls are annoying, but people still like postin' them. Do what I do, scan for the important information and filter out the blowhard soapbox grandstanding nonsense. Like this is how I read Viomi's wall (which wasn't a bad read to be fair):

>Hikari is scum
>she thinks a few players are dumb
>a few players know somewhat what they are doing

Here is how I read Hikari walls:
>he's angry

See, it isn't that hard.

Okay, I'm seriously putting this in my wiki.

Director wrote:Hi Viomi. You seem to think that Hikari and evilpacman18 are scumbuddies, yet you also admit they are defending each other a lot (and when one is on the verge of being hammered). Tell me how that makes sense.

The fact that they are defending eachother a lot means they're scumbuddies, right?
You don't often see this kind of chainsaw defense, and when you do it's almost always scumbuddies.
How does that not make sense? Yes it's a completely stupid tactic for scum usually, but since most scum bus they might've agreed on defending together since it's not a very common scum tactic.

I get a little bit defense of a friend you've been playing with for a long time, I've sure done it, but this isn't just defense. It's CHAINSAW defense. He's defending everything about hikari he can, and that gives me really bad vibes.

I think it could be EPM setting to WK off the Hiraki... That's the only reason I've been worried about Hiraki so far and not pressuring further (besides arguing with him is basically inciting rage).
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:46 am

Post by Hiraki »

AJ wrote:(besides arguing with him is basically inciting rage).
Literally only you. Considering you've responded to a 0th of my wall, yeah I have a reason to be a bit angry now too.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 am

Post by Viomi »

Hiraki, you give off this vibe as if you're angry all the time. If you don't want people thinking you're angry, perhaps you should stop sounding like it...?
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:55 am

Post by Revenus »

Would you like to explain, Revenus? I haven't seen much scumhunting out of you in this game, especially not as much as you do in previous games.

I don't understand how you on one hand go "meta is worthless" and on the other use it against me but I'll indulge you.

I believe I have been scumhunting, at least for the second half of today. I don't deal with pressure well, and in my completely games I don't really think I had as much pressure right away as I have this game. Look at my iso again; I believe I'm scumhunting more than most people this game.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:10 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 362, Revenus wrote:

I don't understand how you on one hand go "meta is worthless" and on the other use it against me but I'll indulge you.

I believe I have been scumhunting, at least for the second half of today. I don't deal with pressure well, and in my completely games I don't really think I had as much pressure right away as I have this game. Look at my iso again; I believe I'm scumhunting more than most people this game.

Alright, I'll accept that.

Meta being used to say someone isn't scum I don't listen to. However, when it looks like you're doing something because you're under more pressure (being scum can be a lot more pressure as well) then I look into it a bit.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 352, Viomi wrote:

Defending =/= scumbuddies, Town defend town reads (i have done this as town).

Also i wouldn't call it chainsaw defense, unless your honestly telling me that EPM has like 7-8 scum reads.

In post 353, Viomi wrote:
THIS POST
THANK YOU JASON
<3

Dunno what bit your refering to but your welcome :)

In post 355, Viomi wrote:
Yolo seemed helpful at first and then he just dissappeared. WTF.

You mean the guy with 6 posts? how exactly did he disappear? He was barely here in the first place.

In post 357, Viomi wrote:
He's a completely different player there. He's intelligent, lays stuff out.... Unlike in this thread he's flailing like a fucking monkey!

a) what game is this in? I haven't seen him act all that intelligent before (no offense Revneus)
b) How many games are you using as a sample size cause i am pretty sure i have seen this play from him as town

In post 358, Viomi wrote:
Okay what is with this game? I mean seriously, I see most of you posting elsewhere around the site and not in this thread. It's like lurkerville in here. Holy shit this game has got to be the slowest I've played yet.

I was getting there, can't always update in all my games at once.

In post 359, Aj The Epic wrote:
I think it could be EPM setting to
WK
off the Hiraki... That's the only reason I've been worried about Hiraki so far and not pressuring further (besides arguing with him is basically inciting rage).

What is WK?

In post 363, Viomi wrote:
Meta being used to say someone isn't scum I don't listen to. However, when it looks like you're doing something because you're under more pressure (being scum can be a lot more pressure as well) then I look into it a bit.

*smacks Viomi on the nose with a newspaper*

Meta should only ever be used to cancel out tells (meaning it's playstyle over alignment) one way or the other not prove tells.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
YOLO
YOLO
Goon
YOLO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 am

Post by YOLO »

In post 356, Viomi wrote:Oh and WTSnacks hasn't done jack shit but speculate here and there. What the fuck is this. I don't even know.

Please get in here so we don't have to lynch you, WTSnacks Yolo and Xegarus. At least navarre is HERE, posting every once in a while. Same with AJ.

I can't lynch you unless I can actually question you ._.

If you have questions for me, go ahead and post them.

At this moment I don't have much to add. This is mostly due to lack of content from the people I accused previously. JacobSavage has made one small post since his bandwagon started and his comment is once again meta-related. I don't see any reason to change my vote. As for Josh, perhaps a second prod is in order as he has done nothing since his prod-dodge post.

Well, I guess I can say I think Viomi is town, but this is only because scum aren't usually hyperactive to the point where quadruple posts are a regular occurrence, especially in sleepy towns. Talking about sleepy towns, I don't agree this town is very inactive, there are more than enough walls and pages. It's just that there are quite a few people that don't post much. I will say though that I don't hold Navarre higher than other 'lurkers' because he drops in occasionally to post a few sentences. In my opinion active lurking is a worse offense than lurking.

To still make something constructive out of this post, I guess I'll post a town-post list, since I haven't been very clear about what I think about the players in this game yet.

Town
Violi
Revenus
JasonWazza

Null
Evilpacman18
The director
Hiraki

Slight scum
Navarre

Scum zone
JacobSavage
Josh Lyman

No read
Aj the epic
Xegarus
WT Snacks

- There is no order within categories.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 361, Viomi wrote:Hiraki, you give off this vibe as if you're angry all the time. If you don't want people thinking you're angry, perhaps you should stop sounding like it...?
I don't care if people see me as angry all the time?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:39 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 365, YOLO wrote:
Town
Violi
Revenus
JasonWazza

Null
Evilpacman18
The director
Hiraki

Slight scum
Navarre

Scum zone
JacobSavage
Josh Lyman

No read
Aj the epic
Xegarus
WT Snacks

This is kinda pathetic and looks more like an activity list rather then anything, town being highly active scum being hardly active.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
YOLO
YOLO
Goon
YOLO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 am

Post by YOLO »

In post 367, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 365, YOLO wrote:
Town
Violi
Revenus
JasonWazza

Null
Evilpacman18
The director
Hiraki

Slight scum
Navarre

Scum zone
JacobSavage
Josh Lyman

No read
Aj the epic
Xegarus
WT Snacks

This is kinda pathetic and looks more like an activity list rather then anything, town being highly active scum being hardly active.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Hiraki »

Jason wrote:This is kinda pathetic and looks more like an activity list rather then anything, town being highly active scum being hardly active.
meanwhile

YOLO wrote:At this moment I don't have much to add. This is mostly due to lack of content from the people I accused previously. JacobSavage has made one small post since his bandwagon started and his comment is once again meta-related. I don't see any reason to change my vote.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Looking for a replacement for Xegarus at his request.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

Blatant prod dodge. Promise to catch up over the weekend. If not sooner.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

Maenara replaces Xegarus.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Viomi wrote:Okay, I'm seriously putting this in my wiki.
Who's alt is this?
the director
the director
Goon
the director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by the director »

In post 352, Viomi wrote:

A few points:

>Your reasoning behind them being linked is extremely transparent and suspect.
>You seem to be injecting a lot of WIFOM into the game. I have a rule of thumb, when a player declares WIFOM, I assume it is scum motivated. It makes the game much simpler.
>Your town-motivated play is starting to come off as forced, much in the same way Revenus' is.
>I am inches away from starting a wagon on you.

The fact that evilpacman is now avoiding the game after being caught in a blatant lie is also very much telling. At this point I am linking Viomi/EPM and letting Hikari off the hook, for now. Revenus also is on my scum radar, and the fourth is potentially AJ, but the slot is still open and I'm taking applications.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”