The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:45 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

Part of me wants to lynch Kise regardless of his claim, on the other hand Kuribo does have a point about the no counterclaims. I need to think on this a while.

UNVOTE:

for now
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 1857, BT wrote:PEdit: What do you mean by paranoid?

Bascially, to me your reasoning seems pretty terrible as you just progressed from "I don't think Kise is likely to flip scum" to "Kise claimed doctor, let's lynch him because that's what scum does!". It seems to me like you're working under the premise that Kise's claim has to be fake, because scum would fake-claim. Sure, scum
might
fake claim Doctor, but also a town Doctor might claim Doctor?

Then again, to me your suggestion doesn't feel contrived at all.

~Zar.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 2, Votecount 34

Kise (6) - Ser Arthur Dayne, sottyrulez, Benmage, camn, BT, JasonT1981

BT (2) - Channeldelibird, kuribo
Ser Arthur Dayne (3) - Deasvail, Plessiezarus, Zdenek
sottyrulez (2) - Kise, Nostredeus

Not voting (3) :
ZONEACE, Cerulean, The Mini-Librarian

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 22nd of February at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadlien: (expired on 2013-02-21 20:30:28)
  • No one is V/la!

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1837, BT wrote:VOTE: Kise

I do want to read some stuff today. This is vote #7.

What happened to really needing an information lynch today?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1873, Plessiezarus wrote:It's bound to work eventually :roll:

Well, if your push on me has been indicative of anything, it's that continuing to repeat something, like "lynch SAD", "SAD is scum", etc, usually DOESN'T work :lol:
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 am

Post by BT »

In post 1876, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 1857, BT wrote:PEdit: What do you mean by paranoid?

Bascially, to me your reasoning seems pretty terrible as you just progressed from "I don't think Kise is likely to flip scum" to "Kise claimed doctor, let's lynch him because that's what scum does!". It seems to me like you're working under the premise that Kise's claim has to be fake, because scum would fake-claim. Sure, scum
might
fake claim Doctor, but also a town Doctor might claim Doctor?

Then again, to me your suggestion doesn't feel contrived at all.

~Zar.

Eh, the weird progression is probably because it looked like their play outright conflicted with the claim (what makes me think scum isn't the claim itself...). Looking at it now it's not a blatant "come and get me town" as I thought it was but it's still mindboggling as to why the doc would knowingly pull attention his way with posts like these two.

PEdit: Same answer, pretty much. It's not like my reads haven't changed.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1852, sottyrulez wrote:There is the possibility that there is no town aligned doctor. That's probably worth mentioning.

Empire and I were talking about this last night. Flavor-wise levy makes sense for being a doc. And I can't think of a role that flavor-wise makes sense for a scum doc, which since there's a vig or possible 3rd party, wouldnt be unexpected. It could also be a safe claim, and his lack of actually giving any content is still worrying.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Also I have literally no idea what you want from me or what you actually expect from me? I can 't defend myself because apparently all I'm going to do is strawman, I can ask you to explain anything because you apparently won't answer, I have no freaking idea what you want of me. If you're expecting me to just roll over or ignore what you continue to keep on saying when I know from a 100% that you're wrong and is attempting to actually get you out of your tunneling, then sorry, it won't happen. But reach for the stars?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1556, Kise wrote:Why would jason be 3rd party?

I'm thinking half of my reads from d1 were off. Shadoweh kill almost spites me. Gut says something is up with Cerulean but they're playing so good.

So, I'm still suspicious of kise, considering his lack of actual content, but once he claimed doc I remembered this post and it strikes me as somewhat genuine. As far as I can remember every single time I've been healed and haven't been the target of a night kill, the doc who protected me has suspected me or got paranoid of me the next day. I'm not real sure what to make of this.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1875, The Mini-Librarian wrote:Part of me wants to lynch Kise regardless of his claim, on the other hand Kuribo does have a point about the no counterclaims. I need to think on this a while.

UNVOTE:

for now

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can we lynch Kuribo than?

ALso I claim anything... and no one counterclaimes and that means I'm town? Has noone here seen scum fakeclaims? Fuck we just saw 2 scum powerroles flip....

PLUS who the fuck is going to counter claim EXPENSIVE doc....It's clearly not something counter-able, I thought we went over Faraday as mod ages back with Nost.... Is this everyone's first game?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1881, Cerulean wrote:
In post 1852, sottyrulez wrote:There is the possibility that there is no town aligned doctor. That's probably worth mentioning.

Empire and I were talking about this last night. Flavor-wise levy makes sense for being a doc. And I can't think of a role that flavor-wise makes sense for a scum doc, which since there's a vig or possible 3rd party, wouldnt be unexpected. It could also be a safe claim, and his lack of actually giving any content is still worrying.

Out guessing the mod.... Yes scum doc with scumsafeclaim for plausible real doc.. or real doc... How many times do we want to go over it?

Kuribo if you have the support. Otherwise I'm not moving. Claims don't equate to saving someone. Especially a claim that can't really be proven. Cerulean was a standard doc choice... something I'd expect a doc to do, but easily something I'd expect a scum doc to claim. So zzzzz.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:25 am

Post by kuribo »

Ben:

My wagon was pushed by:

two guys who are barely paying attention (you and Jason)
One person who's just going to NK me anyway and is barely paying attention (camn)
One person who's scum (BT)
and one person who everyone BUT me seems to think is scum (SAD)

you popping your head in to ask if people want to lynch me isn't going to push that wagon, so you may as well get the fuck over the fact that I yelled at you and try hunting scum. Stop being lazy. I mean, hell, you asked for a prod on Kise AFTER the mod announced his prod. Step it up, man.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:25 am

Post by kuribo »

and the lack of counterclaim doesn't mean he's town necessarily, it means I'm not willing to roll the dice on a freakin' lurker lynch on an uncounterclaimed doc

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Kise »

unvote
vote BT

In post 1855, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 1604, Kise wrote:
In post 1590, BT wrote:It'd be cool if people said they agree with me if they do because so far I'm still assuming sotty won't be lynched today

Vig or SK. I'll leave you to ponder that.

In post 1804, Kise wrote:O...k.

pedit oh I'm at 6.
Well I'm that white guy you all were talking about, the lawyer. Doc. I stll think sotty is SK.

Having not even established a third party SK for certain, what townie is actually thinking this way and basing lynches on SK theories at this point?

This is why Kise isn't town.

I smell fear. Why do you respond to it now, not then?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Kise »

In post 1825, Plessiezarus wrote:
Kise
-- can you link us to a past game in which you claimed a power role?

I haven't played in over a year. Only got 2 completed games. I can't remember the last time I was run up for a lynch/L-1 but I'll keep digging.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4567953 <-wanting to start a massclaim (pedit VT here)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4656729 <- last to claim after scum was hammered

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Kise »

I checked. My other games were eaten by the tiger invasion. I only remember claiming JK in one to help lynch scum.

In post 1860, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1826, Plessiezarus wrote:In fact, his choice of targets reeks of opportunism. He throws out unexplained reads, and talks about people being town or scum, but he's more than happy to drop those reads for no reason if he can be part of an easy lynch. (See, for instance, his weak town read on Kise in ,, followed by his more recent vote. He's not given any reason to stop town-reading Kise, he hasn't even noted that he's ignoring his earlier read. But Kise looked like an easy lynch, and that seems to be all Arthur cares about.)

Yes, I'm not supposed to
compromise
on a lynch that I think can
possibly
hit scum (I mean you yourself stated I had a weak townread on Kise :rolleyes:) near deadline. Neither am I supposed to change my reads on people. Noted.
In post 1861, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1859, jasonT1981 wrote:Alright, I see I missed a good bit and the Kuribo (my no1 suspect) wagon disappeared. I have said I could go for a Kise lynch today. Already given my reasons why so

vote:Kise

So you have literally nothing to say about his claim and just hop on the wagon? Mmk.

In post 1871, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Don't actually believe Kise's claim.

This thought pattern is worse.

unvote; vote SAD

Yet…
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1886, kuribo wrote:Ben:

My wagon was pushed by:

One person who's just going to NK me anyway and is barely paying attention (camn)

you popping your head in to ask if people want to lynch me isn't going to push that wagon, so you may as well get the fuck over the fact that I yelled at you and try hunting scum. Stop being lazy. I mean, hell, you asked for a prod on Kise AFTER the mod announced his prod. Step it up, man.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm barely paying attention to the game... :roll: This lone weekend.... ZzzZzzZzz News Flash nothing has changed in regards to my suspicion of you, Nor could it... SO nothing in the "5ish pages" That I've more or less skimmed but need to go back through would have affected my read on you. Don't lump me with Jason, his play has been atrocious.

You know whose else's play has been atrocious.. Kise.

But no.. go rush wagon someone else up.. I'm sure it'll turn out great.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1887, kuribo wrote:and the lack of counterclaim doesn't mean he's town necessarily, it means I'm not willing to roll the dice on a freakin' lurker lynch on an uncounterclaimed doc

So what uncounterclaimed roles do you lynch?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1892, Benmage wrote:So what uncounterclaimed roles do you lynch?

Usually I prefer not to, and I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1891, Benmage wrote:

My wagon was pushed by:

I'm barely paying attention to the game... :roll: This lone weekend.... ZzzZzzZzz News Flash nothing has changed in regards to my suspicion of you, Nor could it... SO nothing in the "5ish pages" That I've more or less skimmed but need to go back through would have affected my read on you. Don't lump me with Jason, his play has been atrocious.

1) I didn't rush wagon Kise up. He's town and the wagon on him was always ridiculous.

2) Your play lately has literally consisted of popping your head in to whine about me being alive. Pretty much the same as Jason.

3) How can you say you're paying attention to the game while skimming?

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Zdenek »

This your almost confirmed townie popping in to say that he is absolutely opposed to lynching an un-cc'd doc today.

I would happy to vote Sottyrulez though because their reactions to my claim and Kise claim have been poor, but probably we should wait on that to see what actually comes of Kise's claim.

I wish I had some other wicked suspect to give you, but alas.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1893, kuribo wrote:
In post 1892, Benmage wrote:So what uncounterclaimed roles do you lynch?

Usually I prefer not to, and I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have.

Good to know that if I had claimed even night tracker, I could've gone ezzmode coaster. Awesome.

I can't begin to explain the amount of fake PR claims I've seen scum avoid the rope with despite horrible play.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1894, kuribo wrote:
In post 1891, Benmage wrote:

My wagon was pushed by:

1) I didn't rush wagon Kise up. He's town and the wagon on him was always ridiculous.

2) Your play lately has literally consisted of popping your head in to whine about me being alive. Pretty much the same as Jason.

3) How can you say you're paying attention to the game while skimming?

1) Consider it foreshadowing for what "plausible" wagon YOU are looking to achieve at this point in the day.

2) Lately, i.e. this fucking weekend. I.E. 5-8 pages, of which I probably have a decent grasp of. Welcome to you being the problem. Because you spam so much, every time I do come back there's more pages.. yet amongst the spam there are dense posts that require me to devote more time then just skimming. So I'm not justly uptodate. But I'm not clueless to whats been going on.
--What awe-inspiring information have I missed/failed to comment on that YOU MUST bring to my attention?

3) Are you not reading again? You said your wagon was pushed by me barely paying attention. I'm repeating here... but again, my reasoning for being suspicious of you has nothing to do with the most recent posts... So while those may have skimmed.. The other 65+ pages were read, re-read, iso'd etc etc... You're gonna be hard-pressed to find someone more committed to this game than myself.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1895, Zdenek wrote:This your almost confirmed townie popping in to say that he is absolutely opposed to lynching an un-cc'd doc today.

I would happy to vote Sottyrulez though because their reactions to my claim and Kise claim have been poor, but probably we should wait on that to see what actually comes of Kise's claim.

I wish I had some other wicked suspect to give you, but alas.

But alas our confirmed townie wants us to attempt to wagon someone who has next to no chance of being wagoned with less then 72 hours....

Its like I'm beating my head against a wall.... How is it in everygame lynches are rushed... do people not learn from their mistakes? Is this the twilight zone?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Benmage »

NEWS FLASH PEOPLE...

When you are suspicious of someone you vote someone. There can be many reasons for voting someone. But if it is to achieve a lynch. ONLY IN THE RARE-IST of cases should a claim save someone. Otherwise you did a piss poor job of voting/wagoning/trying to lynch someone. So to everyone here, you all fucking suck, GL rush lynching someone, who will claim and gosh what happens if its a PR!!!!???!!!??

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”