/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Well Penguin remembering 1412 that way explains their non-reluctance to lynch me.
I absolutely don't claim sole credit for 1412, as many people had good reads, but I definitely occupied the 'town leader' role and did a good job choosing lynches on scum & making them happen.
Personally I have always felt reluctant to lynch somebody who has led a town I was in to a win.
Penguin may be scum anyway though; she still pattern-matches as dicey.

Why does your proposed lynchpool not match up with your suspect list?

I believe my wagon was large enough and scummy enough in character that it's a solid way to make the problem smaller.
Empire's off the list at this point.

I do intend to towninate, just not in my accustomed post 150 times D1 fashion.

Vi, I don't see how 'giving johhog a pass' relates to voting DV; I certainly wasn't voting DV because he called CTD scum for massclaiming.
I don't see a 'DV surprised at being disagreed with' immediate reaction type post either, so yeah, not sure what you're getting at.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Llamarble wrote:I believe my wagon was large enough and scummy enough in character that it's a solid way to make the problem smaller.
Empire's off the list at this point.

You explicitly stated that me joining the wagon wasn't scumpinging to you and yet I'm on the list. Does not compute.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Llamarble »

The manner in which you went about voting me doesn't bother me, yes, but that doesn't make you town on its own.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 300, Vi wrote:Tierce, Shadoweh, T/S

I thought you were just making fun of our initials actually.

Junior dude who I have been reading as WickedJester this entire time: No. That statement of alignment is reflective of what I concluded as of that post. IE as of that post I believed my voting block was Townie Obvtown. The pengu thing was just that his first post was shaky and is unrelated to optimism. I honestly don't remember which comment that was in response to. And CTD didn't completely ignore Empire's post so. If I seem disinterested in arguing with you it's because I think you're town too.

Tierce I am extremely disapoint right now. Someone not commenting on the general town read on you isn't noteworthy. Vi should not need to explain your own vote to you. You should seriously stop blowing off reading Vi, even if you can't pick up sekrit scum tells, you can still find the town ones right? I'm not even going to comment on the other thing you did because I think you said it just to annoy me. I have no intestinal disagreements to your N case though and will consider following.
In post 272, N wrote:
Aw, I didn't know you cared.

I've noticed in quite a few of my games I've alienated people and gotten myself mislynched, so I'm trying a new thing. I'm not sure what you're exactly expecting from me (have you gotten my meta mixed up with someone else's?), but I can go through the whole thread and make snarky comments if you'd like?

I would prefer you make a post with the snarky comments you've been reserving for people actually, because a quick glance at your meta says that seems to be how you express reads of people constantly, when this game all your comments haven't involved your opinions of people. Specifically the why's, instead of it looking like you're getting scum reads out your butt. (also I like snark)

In post 311, CrashTextDummie wrote:Llamarble:
Llamarble wrote:Post 49 remains a scum pattern match for me; in addition to the link making it feel like a construction instead of a collection of thoughts, here's an attack on X but let's vote Y tends to gnaw at me.

This feels like you're inventing reasons to justify a bad vote after the fact. It's not a good reason either as I was not attacking one person while voting another, but rather attacking two persons and voting one of them. I can hardly vote for two people at once.

If it helps you did the same thing he's accusing you of in #189, start off by re-itterating you still have scumreads on the same two people, end by reminding people you still totally suspect the guy your vote is on, and frankly all three of your suspicions reasons look skin-deep. Empire's post was self-reflective because he was answering the question I asked him about himself. Summing up my reasoning for attacking Empire as BoP is simplistic and in my opinion wrong. And saying Llamarble is being self-conscious about his wagon is weird when multiple people have noticed it's more like annoyance, more weird when there's no point of reference for what exactly was weak about it.

Empire wrote:
CTD: I initially liked the way he came across in his early posts w.r.t. his vote on me but I'm not a fan of #189 at all, it feels like he's trying to fan the flames of the argument Shadoweh and I have been having while at the same time expressing his support for a Llamarble wagon.

Why do you have a problem with this? It's not like I'm just paying lip service to the Llamarble wagon, my vote is there. You're using awfully suggestive lingo here to characterize my post; why do you think I'm "trying to fan the flames" of your argument (implying a scum motivation) as opposed to me trying to call attention to the argument because I can see a scummy mindset behind it from either or both players? Unless I've missed it, you haven't commented on the fact that Shadoweh is subjecting you to a pretty well established logical fallacy and are seemingly just riding with it, which somewhat baffles me. She appears neither among your town, nor your scum reads. What's your read on her?[/quote]
You know, I discarded this thought reading the first part because I thought it was dumb but 'or both players'? You are seriously trying to keep open the possibility that Empire and I are scum together and I started harrassing him immediately? And I'm not a rocket scientist but Empire has said multiple times that he thinks I'm lower-tier town. Reading him yourself would have solved this conundrum.

Shadoweh has done nothing to alleviate my concerns about her and is developing into a top suspect for me. Apart from from her fallacious attack against Empire, she has not done any scumhunting so far and is seemingly going out of her way to ignore all relevant aspects of the game, most notably the Llamarble wagon.

Fallacious is a dirty sounding word. Can you stop using new and interesting verbs to describe people and instead actually point to what is causing these magical reads of yours?
Shadoweh wrote:Guess I'll check out [...] the main wagon even though I don't feel interested in him which is usually my subconscious telling me to sleep through reading town lynches.

I am actually not quite sure how to read this sentence, but I think what she's saying here is that she "subconsciously" sees Llamarble as a town lynch waiting to happen, and if that's the case, she should have been doing something to counteract the wagon. Her previous excuse for not commenting on the wagon was that she had a null read on him, so I don't think this is terribly consistent either.

I don't have any proof to directly counteract the wagon, therefore I have been attempting to pursue the lead elsewhere that I saw to try and drive up a different wagon. You'll have to explain to me what else exactly I should have been doing to counteract a wagon I was never on. That comment above is perfectly consistent with what I said earlier, null, uninterested, not worth looking at, but no concrete reason to trust.

I think the weirdest thing about your post though, is that after those three statements, you end up changing votes to N, the person that frankly you had the least and weakest things to say about. 'he said something offensive about this wagon' is attacking for Bad Play and not for Scum Play. It's not like it's hard to come up with real reasons to vote the guy either. I think you're attempting to ride the next easy wave. You also have the least amount of posts and your reads aren't changing at all during the day, you're just inventing reasons to keep holding onto your old scum reads. In my opinion it is near impossible for a townie to believe the same people are scum for an entire Day 1. I changed my mind about what I said earlier in this post, I think you're the most likely scum in this thread and I would vig you without a claim.

##VOTE: CrashTextDummie
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

PS: I heard you all love quote walls so get used to them
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 311, CrashTextDummie wrote:Llamarble:

Llamarble wrote:Post 49 remains a scum pattern match for me; in addition to the link making it feel like a construction instead of a collection of thoughts, here's an attack on X but let's vote Y tends to gnaw at me.

This feels like you're inventing reasons to justify a bad vote after the fact. It's not a good reason either as I was not attacking one person while voting another, but rather attacking two persons and voting one of them. I can hardly vote for two people at once.

How does one justify a vote without talking about the thought process that led to it?
I'm pretty clearly (IMO) talking about how things looked to me after some re-reading, not about why I voted CTD.
It was indeed the attacking two persons and voting one of them (chained together in this particular manner) that bugged me, not a 'voting someone other than the person they are attacking' scenario. I'll admit I could be clearer on that.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

'Marble, with me!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 256, DeasVail wrote:
In post 251, Nachomamma8 wrote:because i hate australians.

</3

deasvail
you know i could never even pretend to hate you

In post 257, Johhog wrote:
In post 224, Tammy wrote:
In post 222, Johhog wrote:Elaborate.

Well hi! That was a fast catch. In the last two games we've played together where you've been town, you've felt really dynamic. Here you feel like your watching the party more than enjoying it. I'm only on page 3...4...do you get better?

I'm aware of this. But think this one through. Does me playing differently necessarily mean that I'm scum?

not necessarily, no
but if you are town, you'd make this game a lot easier if you stopped watching and started playing

In post 266, Tierce wrote:Lack of absolute contribution to the game. N-scum feels fairly detached from the game, while N-Town might be snarky, but is definitely willing to provide reads in a proactive manner and without going with the flow, which is what he's doing.

It's too early for you to be attacking N for playing to his troll scum meta. He does this as town as well; the difference is that he actually steps it the fuck up as town when he gets something he cares about. I seriously doubt that N is going to play in an invitational with a playerlist like this and expect to get away with doing nothing.

In post 272, N wrote:I've noticed in quite a few of my games I've alienated people and gotten myself mislynched, so I'm trying a new thing. I'm not sure what you're exactly expecting from me (have you gotten my meta mixed up with someone else's?), but I can go through the whole thread and make snarky comments if you'd like?

go through the entire thread and make snarky comments to everyone

In post 299, Empire wrote:Also, I get the feeling that if I were CES, I'd be townreading Llamarble right now. Meh.

?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:29 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 332, Nachomamma8 wrote:
It's too early for you to be attacking N for playing to his troll scum meta. He does this as town as well; the difference is that he actually steps it the fuck up as town when he gets something he cares about. I seriously doubt that N is going to play in an invitational with a playerlist like this and expect to get away with doing nothing.

He kinda is trying to get away with doing nothing so far though.
go through the entire thread and make snarky comments to everyone
^h5. Opinion on CTD, lynch yes/no/maybe?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, so why Penguin is
but I don't really know, but I guess could be
scum! (I think this might work better for everyone)

His reaction to my vote as I was rereading was too well thought out for someone who had never seen CTD play before. Scum reading through would obviously know I was town (and I think would pretty much have the reaction Penguin had) and adding on to this the fact that I'm pretty sure it was clearly a bad idea to continue considering the reactions to it, and it makes Penguin's post feel like saying stuff just to look town.

I'm going have to skim the last page (i.e. not read Shadoweh's post), but I'm still not really sure about Llamarble, and CTD I don't really find that scummy (maybe Shadow's post will change my mind), but not really town either.

And Nacho, next time you need to add a "but not DeasVail" thing to the end of it. How am I supposed to know otherwise? D:
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh, second line should say as she was reading.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 am

Post by Vi »

In post 328, Shadoweh wrote:Tierce I am extremely disapoint right now. Someone not commenting on the general town read on you isn't noteworthy. Vi should not need to explain your own vote to you. You should seriously stop blowing off reading Vi, even if you can't pick up sekrit scum tells, you can still find the town ones right? I'm not even going to comment on the other thing you did because I think you said it just to annoy me. I have no intestinal disagreements to your N case though and will consider following.
:?

You're leaning pretty hard on Tierce right here. I hope you're not suggesting Tierce is scum deliberately not reading me. You're only making vague passes at me being scum here; if you thought I was Town you wouldn't be making these statements to start with and if you thought I was someone you could comfortably manage a wagon on you would have listed me among your suspects. And this is coming from someone who made a big deal of saying that I'm
so
easy to read.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 13

Nachomamma8 (1) - N
penguin_alien (2) - Llamarble, Deasvail
Shadoweh (1) - WickedestJr
Llamarble (2) - Empire, penguin_alien
Johhog (2) - Nachomamma8, Tammy
N (3) - Tierce, Vi, CrashTextDummie

Vi (2) - Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum
CrashTextDummie (1) - Shadoweh

Not voting (2) :
Johhog, Konowa

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

Last edited by Faraday on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:11 am

Post by Tierce »

Remind me of this post after Shadoweh answers .
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 257, Johhog wrote:
In post 224, Tammy wrote:
In post 222, Johhog wrote:Elaborate.

Well hi! That was a fast catch. In the last two games we've played together where you've been town, you've felt really dynamic. Here you feel like your watching the party more than enjoying it. I'm only on page 3...4...do you get better?

I'm aware of this. But think this one through. Does me playing differently necessarily mean that I'm scum?

No, but it's enough for me to push further. And even if I'd never played with you before, I'd still find the standing at the sidelines suspect.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:29 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 272, N wrote:
In post 267, Tierce wrote:Back to N for a moment:

In post 110, N wrote:Tierceflail
What is this? N has seen me as Town and as scum, he has been my scumbuddy, and this is all he has to say about me so far. I ask him for reads, he gives an empty Nacho read and doesn't do anything else. It's hollow, doesn't have any meat, and doesn't feel like the Town-N-pissed-off-at-the-game in general that I know and love. THAT N is participative, throws his weight behind what he believes in, does stuff. This feels much closer to the lurkerscum N that occasionally snipes in with a pretense at weak commentary.

Aw, I didn't know you cared.

I've noticed in quite a few of my games I've alienated people and gotten myself mislynched, so I'm trying a new thing. I'm not sure what you're exactly expecting from me (have you gotten my meta mixed up with someone else's?), but I can go through the whole thread and make snarky comments if you'd like?

The I didn't know you cared reads fake.

As someone who gets asked to tone down my snark oftens, I'd much appreciate it if you did.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Tammy »

When tierce and konowa post back to back my brain does a double take.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 291, penguin_alien wrote:

Tammy, is it only Johhog's passivity that's making you think he's scum, or is there something more specific in his posting?

His passivity. He feels off, and that's enough for me right now. We'll see how he proceeds.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 341, Tammy wrote:When tierce and konowa post back to back my brain does a double take.
My hellnix is far prettier than the red giant above a forest or whatever
that
is. Plus, I'm Town. (>")>
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 312, Konowa wrote:

Tammy mentioned I can read DV? Don't know how much this is true? Twice you've said this. I think I have a couple markers for DV as Scum, don't know how reliable they are outside of normal Scum markers. If you are relying on Zar, I would question why you think I can read DV?

Yes, it comes from zar because end game you said this. You caught dv and are a big reason why we lynched him correctly that day.

I prett much suck at reading dv. I thought he was scum for a good portion of the game in mafia stuck, and thought he was town in zar. In fact, I had proposed and alternative to the dv wagon in zar, and if anyone would have listened to me we would have mislynched that day, but your interaction with him, knowing why he was scum, is what sold me in the end.

So yes, in my eyes you are capable of reading dv - at least better than me - so I'm interested in your thoughts on the matter. I'm not saying I expect you to be right early day one or anything as I remember you town reading him day one in that game too.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 343, Tierce wrote:
In post 341, Tammy wrote:When tierce and konowa post back to back my brain does a double take.
My hellnix is far prettier than the red giant above a forest or whatever
that
is. Plus, I'm Town. (>")>

:D the read registers in my periphery but the tone doesn't match. Makes me go huh?

---------

I've chuckled a few times when reading ces' posts. Does that mean he's town telling?

I have to get some work done, I'll finish catching up later.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Tammy »

* and by read I mean red. I swear I know how to spell.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 336, Vi wrote:
You're leaning pretty hard on Tierce right here. I hope you're not suggesting Tierce is scum deliberately not reading me. You're only making vague passes at me being scum here; if you thought I was Town you wouldn't be making these statements to start with and if you thought I was someone you could comfortably manage a wagon on you would have listed me among your suspects. And this is coming from someone who made a big deal of saying that I'm
so
easy to read.

I have said you are town at least three times so what are you talking about? I'm also perfectly capable of yelling at my town reads. Tell me all your thoughts on CTD. Because I'd really like you to vote him. And ask him why we're all town but him. I'm going to start writing songs about voting him if people don't start doing it.

DV: That kind of sounds exactly how I'd react if someone just posted a huge case on my buddy so could you actually read and find CTD scummy please.
Tammy are you ignoring me on purpose stop it. One liners from you are weird even if they're in post chains.

Tierce: oh look I replied to it with something that was easily findable by skimming my posts. Now you can answer me instead of continuing to try and irritate me.

I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND IF YOU THREE WON'T BEHAVE NOW SHUTUP AND VOTE WITH ME.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 328, Shadoweh wrote:Tierce I am extremely disapoint right now. Someone not commenting on the general town read on you isn't noteworthy. Vi should not need to explain your own vote to you. You should seriously stop blowing off reading Vi, even if you can't pick up sekrit scum tells, you can still find the town ones right? I'm not even going to comment on the other thing you did because I think you said it just to annoy me. I have no intestinal disagreements to your N case though and will consider following.
What kind of answer do you want from me here?

How do you think my discussion with Wickedestjr is more worth of idle commenting than what I have been bringing up regarding Konowa, who you mentioned here as a vague scumread--
In post 258, Shadoweh wrote:Guess I'll check out Johhog, DeasVail, Konowa for weak scum
--and never again brought up, after I went on several back-and-forth posts with him?

My Llamarble vote was clearly for pressure building and I was trying to figure out if it was a wagon worth continuing on or pursuing a scumread I'm more convinced of; asking someone else on the wagon to give their own reasoning hardly seems like an outlandish question.

I'm in no rush to read Vi, especially in a game with Empire. When you are calling Vi Town yourself, I don't know what's your issue when I go #YOLO on that slot for D1. It's not like I don't have a track record of doing so, and a game in which I have explained exactly
why
I don't read Vi on D1. I know you like to go on :easymode: as scum, but do your research if you have issues with how I handle reading Vi. I can't be bothered, won't be bothered, so lay off.

And what is your issue with Tammy's one-liners?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:23 am

Post by Shadoweh »

If I were going on easymode I wouldn't bother to yell at you at all. I don't think what you've been bringing up on Konowa is bad persay. I said I would look at him because you're attacking him you know. I just didn't get that far past the blazing star in my eyes that is CrashTextDummie and I will be able to see no scum before him so I would appreciate if you would at least discredit my thoughts on someone who is lurkposting and maintaining the exact same reads without change the entire day EMPIRE X SHADOWEH SCUM OTP.

Tammy usually posts huge blocks of
angry text
insights into how she feels about a person so one-liners that don't sound mad are strange. Also telling N to unsnark when compared to his other games he's not snarking. I would prefer he try to show some sort of personal opinion. I would imagine you want him to try and give out real opinions too, especially if he is scum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”