Day 4, Votecount 3

JasonT1981 (1) - Benmage
camn (1) - ChannelDeliBird
Deasvail (1) - camn

Not voting (6) :
Cerulean, Plessiezarus, JasonT1981, Deasvail, kuribo, Shaft

• With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 25th of March at 3:40am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-24 23:40:28)

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by camn »

unvote

I'm baffled.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2749, Cerulean wrote:If it was given to deasvail by the mod as a fake claim it was intended to be a safe claim. I don't like that pless is insinuating that deas made up his role himself and is congratulating himself for being so clever. I also dislike trying to claim a mod dislikes a particular role so it's impossible for him to have this role. Mina's crushing independent thought game had an encyptor, and since Mina is the backup mod and works with faraday on setups I don't think it's completely out of the question that this role could exist.

If you want to find deasvail suspicious on play, then make that case but I'm. It willing to lynch someone because his role might sound like a scum role. People did that to staeg in adwd because he was a Frey cop and that just couldn't be town, but it was.

Also, I'd like to ask you all. If he is scum, why bother admitting to daytalk enabler? Why not just claim one shot bodyguard, which wouldn't be questioned?

#1) Do you think kuribo lied about his role allowing him to talk with his neighbors at all times? Because otherwise, DeasVail's role as described the role is redundant.

#2) The fact that Mina is involved in the reviewing of the setup very likely points at chance of the Role PMs being double checked for ambiguity and/or having conflicting resolutions.

There are scenarios where you'd out yourself as enabler as scum:

#3) Assume being a non-communicating partner who's presence allows goons to have access to certain abilities/information. You'd surely want them to know you're what's giving them a boon?

#4) Assume a communicating partner being coached into claiming such a role. Players are unlikely to want you lynched just for it, and it's not really verifiable until flip?

#5) I'm going to guess the assumption of a BG-claim not being questioned is Empire's, I'm pretty sure Tammy has seen Faraday give very town-sounding roles to the scum more than once. Considering a BG isn't really a role that once outted would surely confirm itself even if successful, I don't exactly understand how the claim could go out without being questioned.

~Zar.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by kuribo »

I suddenly remember a game I was in where SpyreX claimed BG at massclaim and wound up winning

then Fate mocked everyone for believing it because BG was such an easy role for scum to fakeclaim
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by kuribo »

you know, talking about the "talking at all times" thing

the mod also states in the very first post of the neighborhood that we can talk there at all times

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by Cerulean »

I really don't care about if the role sounds like it conflicts. If deasvail is scum and that is not his role, he was given that as a fake claim which was meant to be a safe claim. I am not interested in lynching someone based on "Faraday said he doesn't like this, surely he wouldn't do this". Because if that's the case and you push through this lynch and he comes back town, I will virtually pummel you both for not listening to a lick of anything we've said this game.

If you're going to make a case on deavail and want to vote him, make it on his play.

What I'm more interested in, for those of you more knowlegeable about balance and not so sure you're right about everything, does it makes sense for there to be a bodyguard, expensive doctor, bulletproof, joat, friendly neighbor, neighborizer, and a vig in town? We've had a scum rolecop and an even night tracker. What makes sense balance-wise?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2749, Cerulean wrote:I don't like that pless is insinuating that deas made up his role himself

Oh dear, I wouldn't want to
insinuate
anything :roll:. Here, let me try again: I believe Deas made the role up himself. Better?

I really don't understand your problem with this idea. I don't understand at all why you keep saying:
In post 2755, Cerulean wrote:If deasvail is scum and that is not his role, he was given that as a fake claim which was meant to be a safe claim.

Since when does Faraday give out entire
roles
as safe fake-claims? Fake
names
, yes, but I don't think I've ever seen him give out actual roles before without prompting.

He's given people help with flavour when they make up their own fake-claims, sure, but in the past he hasn't just said to people "here is a cool fake claim you can make!" when giving out their scum roles. If you look at the ASOS QT I linked to earlier, all the safe fake-names he gives the scum are written out as a VT fake-claims. And there are repeated examples in that game and the other Eddard Stark games of scum making up their own fake-claims.

Why are you so sure that any fake-claim somebody makes must have been given to them by a mod as a safe claim?

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

The fake-names given out to the scum in ADWD fit the same pattern. They're all written as vanilla town claims. Obviously the scum didn't only claim VT in that game though.

In post 2755, Cerulean wrote:I will virtually pummel you both for not listening to a lick of anything we've said this game.

I honestly don't know why you're accusing us of not listening to "anything you've said". What precisely are you thinking of? I actually went out of my way on day 3 to ask you and the rest of the neighborhood why TML was a bad lynch and BT was a better choice. Your answer was "Meh he's not a better lynch probably ... we're fine with an equinox lynch I guess". And you've already said that Empire agreed with our SAD case.

In fact, while you personally had a town-read on SAD, you weren't exactly going out of your way to talk us out of suspecting him when you gave Empire's read's in #1992 as "Town - [kuribo] - [kise] - Arthur - BT - Scum". Or when you waffled in #1618 and gave a lot of reasons why Arthur could be scum: "quite frankly it weirded me out a little when arhtur made those effort walls because it reminded me of his sudden content after I threw my mini tantrum at him in the westeros game for not doing anything other than shitposting [...] Empire says that he's deferring to me for Arthur but that he thinks that everything arhtur has done so far could be easily faked. And I agree mostly. [...] His attitude sucks. [...] For instance the "whoever is town reading me had better have a good reason" don't read town to me at all. Is weird posturing for Arthur. His tone seems off". I dd listen to that, and it's part of why I was confident that SAD was scum -- you're the only person other than Zar and myself I'd trust to know SAD's meta, and you seemed to largely agree with me that he sounded not-town:?.

So ... when exactly did we fail to listen to you? I don't understand why you're saying this at all :?.

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

I'm also
clearly
not saying DV's claimed role is "impossible". (There isn't much I think is impossible after being in a game where the mod thought it was a good idea to include a Judas :roll: ). I actually say that the role DV is claiming is "unlikely" in . "Unlikely" is a lot weaker than "impossible".

What about DV's play makes you think he's definitely town? How does his play in this game differ from his play in Zar's recent "Castle Zar" Normal game? (Other than claiming in the QT, I struggle to think of anything DV has even
done
in this game.)

Would also be happy enough with a Benmage wagon today, or even a Jason wagon. Really not sure Jason makes sense as Police, but I think he could easily be another third party role -- survivor, maybe? Benmage is the last person left in my day 3 shortlist of absta partners and has seemed a bit less engaged in the game than I'd expect at this point (though obviously, the fact there's only one name left on the list means I was going too far when I ruled some people out -- most likely absta did town-read at least one of his partners. I still think camn is unlikely to be partnered to absta though -- she would bus him, maybe, but I don't think he'd bus her :?).

~ Pless
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:24 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

OK, you've convinced me on DV's claim. I would be prepared to lynch him today.

In post 2758, Plessiezarus wrote:I still think camn is unlikely to be partnered to absta though -- she would bus him, maybe, but I don't think he'd bus her :?).

If scum do have daytalk, I daresay camn encouraged it.
#greenshirtthursdays
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

Plessiez, why would I need to make this role up as scum? I think my hints at knowing scum have daytalk indicate that I planned to claim it all along, which is just weird on Day 1 or 2 or whatever it was.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 am

Post by DeasVail »

And hey, I thought I'd just add 1-Shot Bodyguard as a test to see how ridiculous a claim I could make people believe?
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:21 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2760, DeasVail wrote:I think my hints at knowing scum have daytalk indicate that I planned to claim it all along, which is just weird on Day 1 or 2 or whatever it was.

Hmm. Your remark about scum having daytalk in might be a point in your favour, yes. (This was after Dan claimed, but before you were neighborized.) Later hints all seem to be in the QT, after you've started hinting you want to claim, so I really don't think they mean much (Zar has already given an explanation of why you might want to claim in the QT as scum).

Does your role PM actually say outright that scum have daytalk, or is that just something you assumed?

~ Pless
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

And another thing, I'm always really wishy-washy about everything, so to actually say something outright like that probably means something?

And yes, with me being alive, anyone that can talk in a QT can do so at all times.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:44 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2763, DeasVail wrote:And yes, with me being alive, anyone that can talk in a QT can do so at all times.

Does your role PM actually say outright that scum have daytalk, or is that just something you assumed?

(And why didn't you answer the question?)

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

... oh, wait, nevermind, I'm being stupid there :oops:.

~ Pless
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 am

Post by DeasVail »

For clarification, scum only have daytalk if they have a QT.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am

Post by DeasVail »

Well I guess they could even if they don't, but if they have a QT, they have daytalk.
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Shaft »

targets?
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by Shaft »

In post 2761, DeasVail wrote:And hey, I thought I'd just add 1-Shot Bodyguard as a test to see how ridiculous a claim I could make people believe?

Just to be sure, is this the first time you've said you made up being bodyguard?

@Ples, I dunno, Eq's killproof made me stick to voting her. I think we should chill on outguessing this time.
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Shaft »

Dang it

Sorry for triple post. @DV, does your role PM mention quicktopics?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 2756, Plessiezarus wrote:Since when does Faraday give out entire roles as safe fake-claims? Fake names, yes, but I don't think I've ever seen him give out actual roles before without prompting.

I don't know about Faraday, but I know in Gay Mafia I, Reck told us to figure out what fake claims we wanted to use, and he'd try to give us flavor that would go along with it. His Eminem-as-PGO fakeclaim was so good, I wished it i had been real. :(

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2756, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 2749, Cerulean wrote:I don't like that pless is insinuating that deas made up his role himself

Oh dear, I wouldn't want to
insinuate
anything :roll:. Here, let me try again: I believe Deas made the role up himself. Better?

I really don't understand your problem with this idea. I don't understand at all why you keep saying:
In post 2755, Cerulean wrote:If deasvail is scum and that is not his role, he was given that as a fake claim which was meant to be a safe claim.

Since when does Faraday give out entire
roles
as safe fake-claims? Fake
names
, yes, but I don't think I've ever seen him give out actual roles before without prompting.

He's given people help with flavour when they make up their own fake-claims, sure, but in the past he hasn't just said to people "here is a cool fake claim you can make!" when giving out their scum roles. If you look at the ASOS QT I linked to earlier, all the safe fake-names he gives the scum are written out as a VT fake-claims. And there are repeated examples in that game and the other Eddard Stark games of scum making up their own fake-claims.

Why are you so sure that any fake-claim somebody makes must have been given to them by a mod as a safe claim?

~ Pless

I've never drawn scum in a Faraday game before. So then why would he have to come up with a fake claim and why would he come up with a claim that's a traditional scum role? Our one potential paranoid theory was that he could be a wire-tap enabler and a traitor or something and changed it so that he wouldn't get killed, but that seems a little far fetched when he could shut up about it. I'm not so sure about this one though, and we still have our town read on DV I think. Empire's more confident in that read than I am; I'm pretty terrible at reading him but I've seen more of his town play here than his scum game. I'll have to read through Castle Zar and lala land again.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by camn »

SYNOPSIS:

Kuribo
- Wendell "Orlando" Blocker, 3-Shot Neighborizer
SHAFT
- Maurice Levy, Expensive Doctorof
Cerulean
- Roland "Wee-Bey" Brice, X-Shot Vigilante
Plessiezarus
- Wintell "Little Man" Royce, Vanilla
Benmage
- Perry, Vanilla
JasonT1981
- Brianna Barksdale, Vanilla
camn
- Donette, Vanilla
Deasvail
- Wallace, Daytalk enabler and 1-shot Bodyguard.
ChannelDeliBird
- Bird, Vanilla
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Kise »

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/rWhcCMPjWAY9B

Last Faraday game I was scum in. Our fakeclaims weren't in the role PMs, but in the 2nd post of our scum QT.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”