Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by Tajun »

In post 1642, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 1640, Tajun wrote:
2) Rob lynch eliminates one mislynch, giving us only one shot at the wolf. Non-Rob lynch gives us two shots.
It is way,
way
better for the wolf if we lynch Rob today. Seriously, I don't see how you don't get this. It is far better for the maf if we don't, but you know who else it is better for? The town, genius. We get
two
shots to kill the wolf instead of one, and Rob dies regardless. And I have eliminated two suspects from the likely maf pool, which has been far more effective than any straws you have been grabbing at.

I already understand that side of the argument.

With a rob nk you are only eliminating a single suspect since we already know rob is scum, which is the same as a rob lynch just in reverse.

You are arguing that two shots at lynching the wolf is the best move. I am arguing that the two shots is negligible when there is significant uncertainty in the majority about who is wolf. I like the idea of getting one more night of night-kill-analysis to figure things out with the added benefit of the mafia potentially being wiped out, which isn't possible with a non-rob lynch. (tbh neither strategy is game breaking)

~~~

Tajun, how do you go from saying 'hd wolf, ph/anx most likely mafia' to 'hd wolf, ph town, anx could be wolf'? I am just not following that thought process very well.

Two shots is negligible in comparison to one? WTF is this? That's like double, unless my math is wrong. And you are dead wrong about the mafia being wiped out being impossible without a Rob lynch, if we hit maf number two there is still a good chance Rob will die. The only way I could see you making THAT particular mistake is if you are confident that the second maf isn't being lynched today, which would only be possible if you knew who it was (hint for all: Only one way that would happen). But no, a Rob lynch is literally the worst possible option for today. The fact that you are calling me scummy for explaining this one using logic is the sketchiest thing I have seen from you all game.

PH I'm not positive is town, but if he isn't we're uberfucked anyway, as he is the only person left in town with a brain working properly. You I think are a far better candidate for maf all told, but if HD isn't a wolf you'd be my best second guess. Don't think that's likely though.

It amuses me that HD missed the "hope" portion of my post, which was clearly the point, and implied that I was scummy because of it. The rest of his accusations are based on a fundamental misunderstanding of how scum play the game. Less amusing.

In post 1676, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Tajun was very confident about HD being mafia before today:
Tajun wrote:HD: Pretty well certain that he is maf. See post 975, and note that since being called out as such he has done nothing but prod-dodge. Avoiding outing his partner? Oh yeah.

Yet today he turns around and says HD is unlikely to be mafia, all for the convenience of a wolf push.

True, but it becomes far less likely considering Rob's play, for reasons I have explained. If I wanted a clear wolf push, I would have sheeped/pre-empted Prohawk's case on you, but I would rather actually lynch the wolf than target at random and hope for the best.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Tajun »

And, for the tl;dr crowd out there:

HD: Wolf
4nx: Maf
Hawk: Smarttown
Majiffy: Lazy/Not really paying attention town

Probably.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:43 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

yep i am good with tajun lynch
In post 1700, Tajun wrote:And you are dead wrong about the mafia being wiped out being impossible without a Rob lynch, if we hit maf number two there is still a good chance Rob will die.
...wolf has no motivation to kill rob at that point since he is dead weight.

The only way I could see you making THAT particular mistake is if you are confident that the second maf isn't being lynched today, which would only be possible if you knew who it was (hint for all: Only one way that would happen).
^stretching a game theory discussion into a scumtell instead of looking at my interactions with Uct and Rob.

The fact that you are calling me scummy for explaining this one using logic is the sketchiest thing I have seen from you all game.
actually I am calling you scummy for a variety of other things. That was merely a speculation that mafia stand the most to gain from a non-rob lynch, and your reaction to my pushing that is something to consider

4nx wrote:Tajun, how do you go from saying 'hd wolf, ph/anx most likely mafia' to 'hd wolf, ph town, anx could be wolf'? I am just not following that thought process very well.
this was never answered (though you did switch back to your previous notion in your latest post).
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Went through Tajun's ISO as promised. I will not support his lynch today. He has consistently played a town game in that he has been developing and following reads with plenty of support and evidence that does not appear to be feigned. His play looks extremely-pro-town, which is more than can be said of many left alive to this point. Interaction wise, I am still not seeing an Aldus/Tajun team. No way would they act that way as a team, its just dumb.

Still want to lynch Anx. I would flip a coin between HD and Majiffy if I had to. Tajun is off the table for me.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

sigh you are pushing a mislynch.

Spoiler: seriously PH, I would never take such a horribly wishywashy stance on a buddy, not even for a wifom play, unless you think I am a complete idiot?
In post 52, 4nxi3ty wrote:not sure what to make of alduskkel soft pushing the whisker wagon yet.

In post 58, 4nxi3ty wrote:looking back I like alduskkel's reaction to thor's original case more than prohawk's

In post 709, 4nxi3ty wrote:
don't want either a ph or ald lynch

In post 727, 4nxi3ty wrote:don't have a strong read on ald. Some of his posts are good, others not so much. I'm not in the business of lynching null reads.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

If I wanted a clear wolf push, I would have sheeped/pre-empted Prohawk's case on you, but I would rather actually lynch the wolf than target at random and hope for the best.

pretty sure this means tajun is not wolf with this. Wolf would not mind a random lynch, and probly wouldn't have this thought process.

unvote, vote: Majiffy
(this vote better not come back to bite me <.<)
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:39 am

Post by ProHawk »

You're right Anx, went through all of your scum-games and I can't really find any wishy-washy play with any of your scum-buddies.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Majiffy
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:40 am

Post by ProHawk »

Thats L-1 Majiffy.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:38 am

Post by Tajun »

That all you have to say Majiffy?

4nxi3ty wrote:yep i am good with tajun lynch
In post 1700, Tajun wrote:And you are dead wrong about the mafia being wiped out being impossible without a Rob lynch, if we hit maf number two there is still a good chance Rob will die.
...wolf has no motivation to kill rob at that point since he is dead weight.

Wrong, Rob should still die. He is dead weight, but everyone believes he is maf, so he won't get lynched tomorrow if he is around. He is the only sensible choice for a kill, as that forces the town to choose from 4 tomorrow instead of three.

The only way I could see you making THAT particular mistake is if you are confident that the second maf isn't being lynched today, which would only be possible if you knew who it was (hint for all: Only one way that would happen).
^stretching a game theory discussion into a scumtell instead of looking at my interactions with Uct and Rob.

Actually, this one you have a point, it was pretty weak. I'll go through you and uct/rob when I get the chance (still busy).

The fact that you are calling me scummy for explaining this one using logic is the sketchiest thing I have seen from you all game.
actually I am calling you scummy for a variety of other things. That was merely a speculation that mafia stand the most to gain from a non-rob lynch, and your reaction to my pushing that is something to consider

Sure, but if I can't stretch game theory discussion into a scumtell then neither can you.

4nx wrote:Tajun, how do you go from saying 'hd wolf, ph/anx most likely mafia' to 'hd wolf, ph town, anx could be wolf'? I am just not following that thought process very well.
this was never answered (though you did switch back to your previous notion in your latest post).

No.1 wolf cand: HD
No.2 : You

No.1 maf cand: you
No.2: PH (ints with rob don't make sense on others)

That clear things up?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1707, ProHawk wrote:You're right Anx, went through all of your scum-games and I can't really find any wishy-washy play with any of your scum-buddies.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Majiffy

In post 1708, ProHawk wrote:Thats L-1 Majiffy.

^ Here's your obvwolf. Like I've
been
voting.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Why yes, yes, I may very well be.

||
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:03 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

HEY

MAJIFFY IS NOT THE WOLF WAGON

THE WOLF WAGON IS TAJUN

GET IT RIGHT
Are you ready for this?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:06 am

Post by ProHawk »

Can we please lynch Majiffy or HD? HD obviously doesn't care who is the wolf he is just gonna blind tunnel to the end of the day.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:27 am

In post 1714, ProHawk wrote:HD obviously doesn't care who is the wolf

Yes, I clearly don't care enough to tell you not to lynch the person who I don't think is the wolf.

:neutral:
Are you ready for this?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:34 am

Post by ProHawk »

I wrote a whole post on why Tajun isn't the wolf, and you completely ignore it. And just say, "Yeah, the wolf is Tajun. Lynch him."
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:57 am

Post by ProHawk »

Also, you give no reasons in your post. You just rinse and repeat what you have been saying for the past week.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:10 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

Seventh Votecount (Day 4)

Human Destroyer: (1) Tajun
Majiffy: (3) Rob13, 4nxi3ty, ProHawk
ProHawk: (1) Majiffy
Tajun: (1) Human Destroyer

Not Voting: :cool:

(expired on 2013-03-26 20:03:19)

6 alive, 4 for lynch

V/LA: Rob13, Saturday night, Mar 23
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:16 am

In post 1717, ProHawk wrote:Also, you give no reasons in your post. You just rinse and repeat what you have been saying for the past week.

Probably because I don't really need to restate them

You just need to open your eyes, like this: :eek:
Are you ready for this?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:25 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

hopefully hd and ph won't be arguing tommorow -_-'
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:43 am

Post by ProHawk »

If Tajun is a wolf, why isn't he hammering Majiffy? Why would he put Majiffy in as town?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:46 am

...so he doesn't get instalynched next day. Duh.

:neutral:

It's not like he had a chance to really have an opportunistic Majiffy read, because let's be honest, no one except claimed mafia really scumread him till like, the last page. (Except maybe 4nx but it's not like he's applying any pressure)
Are you ready for this?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:48 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1719, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 1717, ProHawk wrote:Also, you give no reasons in your post. You just rinse and repeat what you have been saying for the past week.

Probably because I don't really need to restate them

You just need to open your eyes, like this: :eek:

Because they have been refuted and you don't care to defend them? :roll:

Quite an ironic statement coming from the blind tunneler.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:49 am

You're being too generous with the word "refuted".
Are you ready for this?

Return to “Completed Open Games”