1. Nachomamma8

2. Remembrance

3. mantisdreamz

4. buldermar
5. jon_h61 [Replaced Rubicon (Replaced borkjerfkin)]

6. pirate mollie
7. I Am Innocent
8. RachMarie (Replaced AngelusW)

9. Guy In Freezer (Replaced SE-Asians (Lincolm + SorasAdvent + thenewearth Hydra))

10. Fate (Replaced Bacde)

11. Human Destroyer

12. Wisdom

13. kuror0

Spoiler: Dead
RachMarie, Cop
Wisdom, Doc
Fate, Goon
Nachomamma8, Doc
Mantisdreamz, Doc
HumanDestroyer, Cop
kuror0, Goon
jon_h61, Cop
Remembrance, Doc
GuyInFreezer, Doc

Spoiler: Modkilled
No one. Don't make me spank you.

Replacement List:

Last edited by Majiffy on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:53 am, edited 23 times in total.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Majiffy »

Spoiler: Setup Info
This setup is Diffusion of Power.
All roles have been randomized from their flavor, so anyone could be scum or town, regardless of their perception in H.S.T. literature.

Spoiler: Rules
Game Rules taken and modified from SigmaEXE003

General Gameplay:

In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
Prods of missing players will be issued after 72 hours
of no activity. Also,
players may request a prod on another player after 48 hours.
Any player who
fails to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded may be replaced.
If the game turns to night before you can respond to your prod, PM me letting me know you still want to play.
No prods will be issued during Night.
A player who is eligible for a
third prod is subject to possible replacement
without further notice.
You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to me immeditely.

During the Day:
Each Day will have a two-week deadline.
Extensions will be given
only in extreme circumstances
, but always feel free to ask.
A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
Votes should be
bolded or tagged
or they may not be counted (e.g.
VOTE: Player
).
Vote revocations should be
bolded or tagged
or they may not be counted (e.g.
UNVOTE: Player
or
Unvote
). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
You may VOTE: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
Votes/Unvotes
must
be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.
Vote counts will be edited into the first post of each page. Other announcements and requested vote counts will receive their own post.

During the Night:

Each
Night will have a 72-hour deadline.
Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
If you expect not to be here to submit your night action during the night, you may send one in in advance.
Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

Miscellaneous:

Please
bold all requests to myself
so that they don’t get missed.
I will use this color:
blue
. Please try to refrain from using it, as it could be seen as impersonating the mod or just confuse people.
No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
If you have an issue/problem with the game,
please PM me privately
. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
- Just know, it's all about intention. If you genuinely mess up, I'll try to cut you some slack. If I determine you're trying to compromise the integrity of the game though, you won't be too happy with the punishment.
Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.
I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, so long as I inform you in thread.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

F$&# that!
When in a 'Jiffy game, do as 'Jiffy does; swear at and insult anyone who doesn't listen to you.
Last edited by Majiffy on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Majiffy »

Day 1 - San Antonio, 1957

EGLIN AFB, FLORIDA - (Nov 8) - S/Sgt. Manmountain Dense, a novice Air Policeman, was severely injured here today, when a wine bottle exploded inside the AP gatehouse at the west entrance to the base. Dense was incoherent for several hours after the disaster, but managed to make a statement which led investigators to believe the bottle was hurled from a speeding car which approached the gatehouse on the wrong side of the road, coming from the general direction of the SEPARATION CENTER.

Further investigation revealed that, only minutes before the incident at the gatehouse, a reportedly "fanatical" airman had recieved his separation papers and was rumored to have set out in the direction of the gatehouse at high speed in a muffler-less car with no brakes. An immediate search was begun for Hunter S. Thompson, one-time sports editor of the base newspaper and well-known "morale problem". Thompson was known to have a sometimes over-powering affinity for wine and was described by a recent arrival in the base sanatorium as "just the type of bastard who would do a thing like that".

An apparently uncontrollable iconoclast, Thompson was discharged today after one of the most hectic and unusual Air Force careers in recent history. According to Captain Munnington Thurd, who was relieved of his duties as base classificiation officer yesterday and admitted to the neuropsychological section of the base hospital, Thompson was "totally unclassifiable" and "one of the most savage and unnatural airmen I have ever come up against."

"I'll never understand how he got this discharge", Thud went on to say. "I almost had a stroke yesterday when I heard he was being given an honorable discharge. It's terrifying - simply terrifying."

And then Thurd sank into a delerium.

--------------------------------------

ATTN: Base Staff Personnel Officer
Personnel Report: A/2C Hunter S. Thompson

1. A/2C Hunter S. Thompson, AF 15546879, has worked in the Internal Information Section, OIS, for nearly one year. During this time has done some outstanding sports writing, but ignored APGC-OIS policy.

2. Airman Thompson possesses outstanding talent in writing. He has imagination, good use of English, and can express his thoughts in a manner that makes interesting reading.

3. However, in spite of frequent counseling with explanation of the reasons for the conservative policy on an AF Base newspaper, Airman Thompson has consistently written controvercial material and leans so strongly to critical editorializing that it was necessary to require that all his writing be thoroughly edited before release.

4. The first article that called attention to the writing noted above was a story very critical of Base Special Services. Others that were stopped before they were printed were pieces that severely criticized Arthur Godfrey and Ted Williams that Airman Thompson extracted from national media releases and added his flair for the inuendo and exaggeration.

5. This Airman has indicated poor judgement from other standpoints by releasing Air Force information to the Playground News himself, with no consideration for other papers in the area, or the fact that only
official
releases, carefully censored by competent OIS staff members, is allowed.

6. In summary, this Airman, although talented, will not be guided by policy or personal advice and guidance. Sometimes his rebel and superior attitude seems to rub off on other airmen staff members. He has little consideration for military bearing or dress and seems to dislike the service and want out as soon as possible.

7. Consequently, it is requested that Airman Thompson be assigned to other duties immediately, and it is recommended that he be earnestly considered for the early release program.

8. It is also requested that Airman Thompson be officially advised that he is to do no writing of any kind for any internal or external publication unless such writing is edited by the OIS staff, and that he is not to accept outside employment with any of the local media.

W.S. Evans, Colonel, USAF
Chief, Office of Information Services

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Vote Count:

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Remembrance, mantisdreamz, buldermar, borkjerfkin, pirate mollie, I Am Innocent, AngelusW, SE-Asians, Bacde, Human Destroyer, Wisdom, kuror0

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is April 13th at 9:30 PM EST

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 4, Human Destroyer wrote:I think Majiffy gave me this flavor on purpose >.<

It just kind of ended up that way with a lot of people and I don't really know how.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Majiffy »

No one knows AngelusW except for me.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'll start doing votecounts tomorrow.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #66 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Mod that works 10+ hours a day on the weekends and only gets on average 2-3 hours sleep those days.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #84 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 82, pirate mollie wrote:cos buldey and I are having a seekrit affair that we are trying to keep from majiffy

That little cheating
slut!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #433 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Uhhh so a few notes;

1) I'm busy tonight. So... You shall not receive vote counts!
2) You might get them tomorrow morning before I go to work. Might.
3) Failing this, you will get them Wednesday.
4) Thursday night through Saturday night I will be indisposed and probably not even online.

Don't lynch anyone till I'm available, yeah? Haven't even typed up the night 1 flavor yet...

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #439 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Sorry I'm sucking as a mod, btw. This game caught me on a
really bad
week.

Btw I have spoken with Angelus and he will be posting I think tomorrow. He's trying to get his dick wet tonight.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #440 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Btw btw btw. Apparently my new favorite phrase.

Hittin da club.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #647 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Good god, 26 pages in like 3 days. Fuck you guys.

I'll either get all your vote counts up tonight or Wednesday afternoon. We'll see.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #712 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

Not a N1 Mod

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #713 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

:shifty:

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #783 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I HERD YOUSE GUYS WANTED A VOTE COUNT.

Or 32 of them, for that matter... sheesh.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #784 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Buldermar stop posting.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #786 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 63, Majiffy wrote:
I'll start doing votecounts tomorrow.

> Lol

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #822 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:36 am

Post by Majiffy »

Rejoice, you have votecounts.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #831 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

Wait how did Buldermar's post completely dissapear

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #832 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh nvm he posted my vote count.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #833 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Majiffy »

Buldermar please don't do that, it causes great confusion on my end and results in people telling me the vote counts are wrong when I didn't fuck them up.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #839 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Majiffy »

>Bacde missing the point

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #843 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Majiffy »

You don't say!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #845 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Majiffy »

What, I post vote counts and now everyone goes quiet?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #847 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Figures.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #862 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Well, you guys were apparently busy.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #865 (isolation #27) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by Majiffy »

No.

:neutral:

p-edit: @ Buldermar

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #866 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Blaming me for making this a Diffusion of Power setup and thus his reasoning for replacing out because HE'S A LITTLE BITCH.

jk ilu bb

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #909 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Majiffy »

Fate is replacing Bacde.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #914 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Majiffy »

This just in: I'm probably going to choke AngelusW to death next time I see him.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #917 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Majiffy »

Yeah next time Wisdom is in one of my games I'm going to give him a 20-page post restriction. That is, he can't post until the game is at least 20 pages long.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1032 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 am

Post by Majiffy »

Stop making me do work when I'm on V/LA, bitches.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1049 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Majiffy »

Since we're on the topic of bumps...

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1050 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Majiffy »

SE-Asians (L-4): I Am Innocent, Human Destroyer, kuror0
buldermar (L-6): SE-Asians
borkjerfkin (L-6): pirate mollie
Wisdom (L-3): Nachomamma8, buldermar, borkjerfkin, Fate
Fate (L-4): mantisdreamz, Remembrance, Wisdom

Not Voting: AngelusW

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1052 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Majiffy »

Listen, peasant, this is a kingdom, not a democracy. If you don't like my rule, I'll put you in stocks for all the other people to mock and throw rotten fruit at.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1054 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Majiffy »

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. I AM THE SOVEREIGN HERE.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1055 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Majiffy »

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

borkjerfkin has been
modkilled
and turned into a
neutral survivor
Wisdom has been
modkilled
and turned into a
neutral survivor

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1057 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Majiffy »

jk ilu guyz.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1060 (isolation #39) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:42 am

Post by Majiffy »

Yes we are!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1126 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Majiffy »

AngelusW has been prodded.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1213 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Majiffy »

RachMarie replaces AngelusW effective immediately.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1265 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1258, pirate mollie wrote:
mod: can we get a vc plz

Seriously? Scroll the fuck up.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1267 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Yes. At bowling on Wednesday, with Mollie as my witness.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1358 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Majiffy »

How the fuck did you guys post 4 pages while I was asleep?!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1360 (isolation #45) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1269, Remembrance wrote:
Breaking News

This just in, a local bowling venue turned to tragedy yesterday when a man was inexplicably strangled to death in the bathroom. No one knows who the perpetrator was, but one of the stalls had the words: "FASHIONABLY LATE" engraved into it. No one mourned the man who died, as he came late even to his own funeral.

Next up, the weather.

LOL

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1380 (isolation #46) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 am

Post by Majiffy »

Goddamnit buldermar I swear to god if you keep posting...

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1381 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 am

Post by Majiffy »

WHAM, POW, RIGHT TO THE MOON.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1392 (isolation #48) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

Buldermar has been
modkilled
. He was
annoying as shit
jester
. He is now a
neutral survivor

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1395 (isolation #49) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Majiffy »

I'm a ninja mod.

p-edit: Mother of god.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1402 (isolation #50) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Majiffy »

FUCK NINJAED

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1430 (isolation #51) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Majiffy »

Christ, people, slow down with all the posts.

Btw deadline is in 4 days.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1449 (isolation #52) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Bump.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1450 (isolation #53) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Nachomamma8 (L-6): pirate mollie
Wisdom (L-4): borkjerfkin, Fate, Nachomamma8
Fate (L-4): Remembrance, SE-Asians, Wisdom

Not Voting: RachMarie, buldermar, mantisdreamz

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1458 (isolation #54) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Ok I'm probably not going to be around all day today (wednesday) as I have a number of much more important things to do.

As such, I expect all of you to behave yourselves and not to make too much work for me.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1498 (isolation #55) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

Um.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1499 (isolation #56) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

Dis.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1500 (isolation #57) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

Nachomamma8 (L-6): pirate mollie
Wisdom (L-5): Fate, Nachomamma8
Fate (L-4): Remembrance, SE-Asians, Wisdom

Not Voting: RachMarie, buldermar, mantisdreamz, borkjerfkin

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1501 (isolation #58) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

Glad to see you were all good little boys and girls. Keep it up!

In post 1460, RachMarie wrote:Joking aside have fun with Mollie we will still be here when you get back.

You say this like there's any possibility otherwise!

In post 1462, buldermar wrote:
Hey idiot, I changed back my avatar because you're a moron!

Wtf did I do?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1504 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Majiffy »

<3

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1552 (isolation #60) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1538, pirate mollie wrote:and I think I might be drunkposting

Two margaritas and a back massage later? :wink:

In post 1551, Fate wrote:Seriously done caring about this game. Its 63 pages and STILL DAY FUCKING ONE. If they day's not over by prodding time, just fucking replace me

Deadline is in like 48 hours so... sorry, bucko.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1556 (isolation #61) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Majiffy »

YOU STAY OUT OF THIS MISTER.

p-edit: that was to Nacho.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1577 (isolation #62) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Where it's at
I got 2 turntables and a microphooooone.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1581 (isolation #63) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1578, Nachomamma8 wrote:
majiffy have you ever made it to the top of the page before?

Once or twice.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1584 (isolation #64) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Saturday evening, at least in the States.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1634 (isolation #65) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1604, Remembrance wrote:Day chat.

Majiffy: do scum have day chat?

No.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1738 (isolation #66) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Majiffy »

Jesus fuck people.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1744 (isolation #67) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1739, buldermar wrote:Fuck Jesus people.

:P

And yeah, Mollie, your last vote was on Wisdom.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1790 (isolation #68) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Majiffy »

guys

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1797 (isolation #69) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Majiffy »

wot r u doin

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1802 (isolation #70) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

guys

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1805 (isolation #71) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1790, Majiffy wrote:guys

In post 1797, Majiffy wrote:wot r u doin

In post 1802, Majiffy wrote:guys

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1835 (isolation #72) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1821, buldermar wrote:I think he selectively invites spammers and crackheads to have something to complain about and to feel sorry for himself.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1874 (isolation #73) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Majiffy »

UH

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1875 (isolation #74) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Majiffy »

SE-Asians (L-5): I Am Innocent, kuror0
Wisdom (L-3): Fate, Nachomamma8, pirate mollie, Human Destroyer
Fate (L-3): SE-Asians, Wisdom, borkjerfkin, buldermar
I Am Innocent (L-6): Remembrance

Not Voting: RachMarie, mantisdreamz

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1885 (isolation #75) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1877, Human Destroyer wrote:YOU MADE IT TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE

CONGRATULATIONS

YEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1902 (isolation #76) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

You heinous bastard.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1909 (isolation #77) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1903, Wisdom wrote:Majiffy, can you do a countdown thingy?

27 hours and 30 minutes as of this post. Or, for what may be easier to do on the fly, one day and 3.5 hours.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1913 (isolation #78) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Majiffy »

(expired on 2013-04-13 21:30:00)

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1975 (isolation #79) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by Majiffy »

SE-Asians (L-2): I Am Innocent, kuror0, mantisdreamz, RachMarie, HumanDestroyer
Wisdom (L-4): Fate, Nachomamma8, pirate mollie
Fate (L-4): Wisdom, borkjerfkin, buldermar

Not Voting: SE-Asians

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1996 (isolation #80) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I have something like 3,000 pages worth of Thompson text here next to me so whenever you guys decide on lynching someone just go ahead and let me know so I can start looking for and typing up the flavor :P

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2002 (isolation #81) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1996, Majiffy wrote:I have something like 3,000 pages worth of Thompson text here next to me

Srsly tho.

Srsly.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2006 (isolation #82) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I've already read all of them. They're just there for flavor depending on who gets lynched.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2014 (isolation #83) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2009, Wisdom wrote:Also @Majiffy, Mantis has unvoted. VC is wrong.

Knew I was forgetting something.

Updated.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2048 (isolation #84) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

Welp, Buldermar is awake. Time to refresh the page every 30 seconds and see how many posts he's managed to make.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2050 (isolation #85) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

SE-Asians (L-3): I Am Innocent, kuror0, RachMarie, HumanDestroyer
Fate (L-6): borkjerfkin
RachMarie (L-6): Wisdom

Not Voting: SE-Asians, mantisdreamz, buldermar

Last edited by Majiffy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2052 (isolation #86) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:31 am

Post by Majiffy »

:D

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2056 (isolation #87) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Majiffy »

Too bad Micros don't count for any records, eh?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2058 (isolation #88) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am

Post by Majiffy »

Fuck you, AND your space, buddy.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2078 (isolation #89) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:46 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2068, buldermar wrote:
Baller.

Yeah and that's even missing a few.

I don't know where my Generation of Swine: Gonzo Papers Vol. 2 ran off to...

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2084 (isolation #90) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2082, buldermar wrote:Each day in addition to the normal lynch, the guy with the least posts is modkilled :O

WELP, I KNOW WHAT GAME IM HOSTING NEXT.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2101 (isolation #91) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:23 am

Post by Majiffy »

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2103 (isolation #92) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:47 am

Post by Majiffy »

Including the mod ;)

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2105 (isolation #93) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

There once was a Man from Nantucket
When asked to tell a story, he said Fuck it.

The man was actually from Buffalo.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2106 (isolation #94) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2113 (isolation #95) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2111, buldermar wrote:Let's talk about Life, the Universe and Everything!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2125 (isolation #96) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Majiffy »

SE-Asians (L-2): I Am Innocent, kuror0, RachMarie, HumanDestroyer, borkjerfkin
RachMarie (L-5): Wisdom, buldermar

Not Voting: SE-Asians, mantisdreamz

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2150 (isolation #97) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Majiffy »

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2174 (isolation #98) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Majiffy »

Fuck how did that sharpie stripe get on the book?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2175 (isolation #99) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Majiffy »

Last edited by Majiffy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2188 (isolation #100) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2181, buldermar wrote:
In post 2174, Majiffy wrote:Fuck how did that sharpie stripe get on the book?

Is that an old-school monitor or a frame for a picture in the background?

Actually it's an infared scanner

In post 2180, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 2178, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 2174, Majiffy wrote:Fuck how did that sharpie stripe get on the book?

lol

This was SUPPOSED to say:

You JUST noticed that?

lol

:oops:

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2192 (isolation #101) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:53 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2190, buldermar wrote:
In post 2188, Majiffy wrote:Actually it's an infared scanner

You really are a true baller.

What can I say. Even David Bowie gives me free CDs. ( :wink: )

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2194 (isolation #102) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Majiffy »

Derp.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2195 (isolation #103) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Majiffy »

VC

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2198 (isolation #104) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Majiffy »

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2200 (isolation #105) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

RachMarie (L-3): Wisdom, buldermar, Remembrance, mantisdreamz

Last edited by Majiffy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2202 (isolation #106) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Majiffy »

:cry: story of my life

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2204 (isolation #107) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:58 am

Post by Majiffy »

And the fact that he never played a Bowie song.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2226 (isolation #108) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2258 (isolation #109) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Wisdom (L-6): Nachomamma8
:!:
RachMarie (L-0): Wisdom, buldermar, Remembrance, mantisdreamz, pirate mollie, Fate, Kuror0

RachMarie has been lynched.

Rolling Stone
: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

Wenner folded Straight Arrow Books shortly after the Saigon piece. I had to write that piece because the War had been such a player in my life for ten years. I needed to see the end of it and be a part of it somehow. Wenner folded Straight Arrow at a time when they owed me $75,000. I was enraged to find that out. It had been an advance for
Shark Hunt
. I wrote a seriously vicious letter - finally saying all I was thinking when I was taking off for Saigon. While in Saigon, I found out I'd been fired when Wenner flew into a rage upon receiving the letter. Getting fired didn't mean much to me. I was in Saigon, I was writing - except that I'd lost health insurance. Here I was in a war zone, and no health insurance...

So, essentially, I refused to write anything once I found out. I found out when I tried to use my Telex card and it was refused. I called
Rolling Stone
to find out why (perfect phone system right to the end of the war). I talked to Paul Scanlon, who was sitting in for Wenner (off skiing) - he told me I was fired, but fixed my Telex card, etc. The business department had ignored the memo to fire me because it'd happened too many times before. They didn't want to be bothered with the paperwork, so Wenner's attempt had been derailed.

Anyone who would fire a correspondent on his way to disaster... I vowed not to work for them. It was the end of our working relationship except for special circumstances. About that time, they moved to New York.
Rolling Stone
began to be run by the advertising and business departments, and not by the editorial department. it was a financial leap forward for Wenner and
Rolling Stone
, but the editorial department lost any real importance.

You shouldn't work for someone who would fire you en route to a War Zone...

RachMarie was Jann Wenner,
Town Cop.
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2259 (isolation #110) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Night 1 - San Juan, 1960

"Happy," I muttered, trying to pin the word down. But it is one of those words, like Love, that I have never quite understood. Most people who deal in words don’t have much faith in them and I am no exception – especially the big ones like Happy and Love and Honest and Strong. They are too elusive and far to relative when you compare them to sharp, mean little words like Punk and Cheap and Phony. I feel at home with these, because they’re scrawny and easy to pin, but the big ones are tough and it takes either a priest or a fool to use them with any confidence.

Like most others, I was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser. I was never idle long enough to do much thinking, but I felt somehow that some of us were making real progress, that we had taken an honest road, and that the best of us would inevitably make it over the top. At the same time, I shared a dark suspicion that the life we were leading was a lost cause, that we were all actors, kidding ourselves along on a senseless odyssey. It was the tension between these two poles - a restless idealism on one hand and a sense of impending doom on the other - that kept me going.

It gave me a strange feeling, and the rest of that night I didn’t say much, but merely sat there and drank, trying to decide if I was getting older and wiser, or just plain old.

There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.

He gave my hand a final shake. “Okay, Kemp,” he said with a grin. “Thanks a lot – you came through like a champ.” “Hell,” I said, starting the engine. “We’re all champs when we’re drunk."

Night 1 Begins Now. Deadline is Tuesday, April 16th, at 10 PM EST

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2260 (isolation #111) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Borkjerfkin has requested replacement. Night phase deadline will be frozen until a replacement is found.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2261 (isolation #112) » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Rubicon is replacing borkjerfkin effective immediately. Night phase will last for 24 more hours, ending on Wed, April 17th at 11:30 PM EST.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2262 (isolation #113) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Majiffy »

Gonzo Management,
GQ Magazine
, 2012

GQ.com: What's the biggest misconception about Hunter?

Paul Scanlon:
God knows he drank a lot and did a lot of drugs, but he was incredibly hard-working. That's something Jann [Wenner] and I tried to put forth in Fear And Loathing At Rolling Stone. You see it in the correspondence that goes back and forth between each piece, especially on the campaign trail pieces. He might have made a big show of waving a bottle of Wild Turkey around but he also worked very, very hard. Hunter did play to his myth. ... A few months after the election in 1972 we were sat in Jerry's, the Rolling Stone watering hole and I took it upon myself to suggest that he drop the Raoul Duke persona and go back to being the guy who wrote Hell's Angels - maybe even cut back on the drink and drugs a little bit. He looked at me, reached into his pocket, took out a tab of blotter acid, put it in his mouth and swallowed it.

When was Hunter at his best?

The early Seventies: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, of course, from 1971, and "Strange Rumblings in Aztlan", the piece on the murder of Ruben Salazar that preceded it. Also, I'd say his piece about running for sheriff of Aspen in 1970 and then the whole of his presidential campaign coverage from 1972. He produced something like 90,000 words to extreme deadlines, which became Fear And Loathing On The Campaign Trail.

What did you learn about management from being Hunter's editor?

It was like editing 2.0. Some people need attention... and Hunter certainly demanded a lot of attention! He kept his own hours so the copy would come in on the "Mojo Wire", the telecopier, anywhere between one and five in the morning. It would also arrive in pieces, because he would start in the middle and then he'd go back to the beginning. It usually fell to Jann to make sense out of them. As the years went by the process became more and more difficult. Bob Love, who was managing editor when Hunter wrote "Fear And Loathing In Elko", one of his last big pieces, was literally on the dawn patrol waiting for the copy to arrive.

What was it like to receive an expenses bill from him?

Somewhere I have my favourite expenses bill, which was for $42,000 for Part Two of "Polo Is My Life", which was never written. It's a pretty amazing list, including the bar tabs, the mini-bar tabs and something like $700 for an incinerated sofa! He and Jann were constantly arguing about money, that was a major motif.

How did Hunter's celebrity affect his writing?

One of the problems was that he wasn't really that well known when he did the campaign trail of 1972, but when he went back in 1976 to write about Jimmy Carter he'd become a celebrity. That changed the whole landscape, because he couldn't really do what he had done before. While he still wrote about politics ... he really couldn't be out there reporting on the political race because he had become famous himself.

What was it like to be handed the first manuscript copies of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?

He was staying at Jann's house and we knew he was up to something. He was actually originally working on the Salazar piece, and I found out later that he started writing Vegas as a way to blow off steam because the Salazar piece was terribly difficult. He was in a scary situation and it was through working on that story that he met Oscar Acosta [the inspiration for his "300-pound Samoan attorney" Dr Gonzo]. We were just standing around one day when he came in and handed me this sheaf of about twelve pages ... We all started reading and we were howling! It was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen and like nothing I'd ever read before. ... We were just amazed by how good, how funny and how different it was.

Was Hunter concerned about how you'd react to it?

In [The Great Shark Hunt] there's a memo to Jann that I call the "Gonzo Manifesto". He wrote it when he was working on Part Two of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas and realised
(sic)
how different and unique it is. He says that he doesn't think it needs to be edited in the standard fashion, because it's not a standard piece. ["The central problem here is that you're working overtime to treat this thing as Straight or at least Responsible journalism... whereas in truth we are dealing with a classic of irresponsible gibberish."] He also writes, "I like the bastard." So I think it was around that point that he really knew he had something special.

Wisdom
was
Paul Scanlon,
Town Doctor.
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2263 (isolation #114) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Majiffy »

Day 2 - Oakland, 1966

The outlaws are very comfortable with their inaccessibility. It saves them a lot of trouble with bill collectors, revenge seekers and routine police harassment. They are as insulated from society as they want to be, but they have no trouble locating each other. When Sonny flies down to Los Angeles, Otto meets him at the airport. When Terry goes to Fresno, he quickly locates the chapter president, Ray - who exists in some kind of mysterious limbo and can only be found by means of a secret phone number, which changes constantly. The Oakland Angels find it convenient to use Barger's number, checking now and then for messages. Some use various saloons where they are well known. An Angel who wants to be reached will make an appointment either to meet somewhere or to be at a certain phone at a designated time.

Because of their gypsy style of life, their network has to be functional. A lost message can lead to serious trouble: an Angel who might have fled willbe arrested; a freshly stolen bike will never reach the buyer; a pound of marijuana might miss a crucial connection; or at the very least, a whole chapter will never get word of a run or a big party.

The destination of a run is kept secret as long as possible - hopefully, to keep the cops guessing. The chapter presidents will figure it out by long-distance telephone, then each will tell his people the night before the run, either at a meeting or by putting the word with a handful of bartenders, waitresses and plugged-in chicks who are known contacts. The system is highly efficient, but it has never been leakproof, and by 1966 the Angels had decided that the only hope was to keep the destination a secret until the run was actually under way. Barger tried it once, but the police were able to track the outlaws by radioing ahead from one point to another. Radio tracking is only a device to give the cops an edge, a sense of confidence and control. Which it does, as long as no lapses occur... But it is safe to predict that on one of these crowded holidays a convoy of Angels is going to disappear like a blip shooting off the edge of a radar screen. All it will take is one of those rare gigs the outlaws are forever seeking: a ranch or big farm with a friendly owner, a piece of rural turf beyond the reach of the fuzz, where they can get all drunk and naked and foll on each other like goats in the rut, until they all pass out from exhaustion.

It would be worth buying a police radio, just to hear the panic:
"Group of eighty just passed through Sacramento, going north on U.S. Fifty, no violence, thought to be headed for Lake Tahoe area..." Fifty miles north, in Placerville, the police chief gives his men a pep talk and deploys them with shotguns on both sides of the highway, south of the city limits. Two hours later they are still waiting and the dispatcher in Sacramento relays an impatient demand for a report on Placerville's handling of the crisis. The chief nervously reports no contact and asks if his restless troops can go home and enjoy the holiday.

The dispatcher, sitting in the radio room at Highway Patrol headquaters in Sacramento, says to sit tight while he checks around... and moments later his voice squaks out of the speaker: "Schwein! You lie! Vere are dey?"

"Don't call me no swine," says the Placerville chief. "They never got here."

The dispatcher checks all over northern California, with no result. Police cars scream up and down the highways, checking every bar. Nothing. Eighty of the state's most vicious hoodlums are roaming around drunk somewhere between Sacramento and Reno, hungry for rape and pillage. It will be another embarrassment for California law enforcement... to simply lose the buggers, a whole convo, right out on a main highway... heads will surely roll.

By now, the outlaws are far up a private road, having left the highway at a sign saying:
OWL FARM, NO VISITORS,
They are beyond the reach of the law unless the owner complains. Meanwhile, another group of fifty disappears in the same vicinity. Police search parties stalk the highway, checking for traces of spittle, grime and blood. The dispatcher still rages over his mike; the duty officer's voice cracks as he answers urgent queries from radio newsmen in San Francisco and Los Angeles: "I'm sorry, that's all I can say. They seem to have ... ah... our information is that they... they disappeared, yes, they're gone."

Day 2 has now begun. Deadline is Thursday, May 2nd 2013, at 2:30 PM EST.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2264 (isolation #115) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Majiffy »

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Remembrance, mantisdreamz, buldermar, Rubicon, pirate mollie, I Am Innocent, SE-Asians, Fate, Human Destroyer, kuror0

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Thursday, May 2nd at 2:30 PM EST

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2275 (isolation #116) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

I think my next game I'm going to have all players be zombies so they can keep talking in-game after they're dead. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Fate (L-4): pirate mollie, Human Destroyer

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Remembrance, mantisdreamz, buldermar, Rubicon, I Am Innocent, SE-Asians, Fate, kuror0

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Thursday, May 2nd at 2:30 PM EST
Last edited by Majiffy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2276 (isolation #117) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh look I can post a vote count.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2279 (isolation #118) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:20 am

Post by Majiffy »

Iambic Pentameter it is.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2294 (isolation #119) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2292, Human Destroyer wrote:
@Mod: Was the replacement forced or requested? The game post and the replacement queue post present conflicting stories.
Requested based on circumstances exterior to the game that prompted replacement. They're not conflicting, I'm just being intentionally vague.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2299 (isolation #120) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2297, buldermar wrote:
In post 2276, Majiffy wrote:Oh look I can post a vote count.
Can you also count to ten?
:igmeou:

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2302 (isolation #121) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Majiffy »

D:

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2324 (isolation #122) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2322, buldermar wrote:MAJIFFY Y U IGNORE ME?!
Because you're shitting a biology class all over my poor game.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2329 (isolation #123) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:40 am

Post by Majiffy »

LA LA LA LA IM NOT LISTENING IM NOT LISTENING

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2335 (isolation #124) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Breadstick, dear, like a breadstick.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2357 (isolation #125) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Shit I missed the top
again

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2374 (isolation #126) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by Majiffy »

HEY LOOK OVER THERE >>>>>

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2375 (isolation #127) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Fate (L-2): pirate mollie, Human Destroyer, mantisdreamz, buldermar

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Remembrance, Rubicon, I Am Innocent, SE-Asians, Fate, kuror0

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2426 (isolation #128) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Majiffy »

BUUUULDERRRRMAAAAAAAR!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2431 (isolation #129) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Majiffy »

That's the best you're getting hun.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2438 (isolation #130) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2437, buldermar wrote:
In post 2436, Remembrance wrote:^ This is a pro-scum post.

^ This is a Sherlock Holmes post.

^ This is a buldermar post.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2440 (isolation #131) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2439, buldermar wrote:
In post 2438, Majiffy wrote:
In post 2437, buldermar wrote:
In post 2436, Remembrance wrote:^ This is a pro-scum post.

^ This is a Sherlock Holmes post.

^ This is a buldermar post.

^ This is spam.

^ This is Jack's Unending Surprise.

:neutral:

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2443 (isolation #132) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Majiffy »

He's gotcha there, Buldey.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2448 (isolation #133) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 am

Post by Majiffy »

I'm guessing that has something to do with a chess match.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2449 (isolation #134) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 am

Post by Majiffy »

Also, heyyyyyyybump

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2450 (isolation #135) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Majiffy »

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Remembrance, Rubicon, I Am Innocent, SE-Asians, Fate, kuror0

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2459 (isolation #136) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2457, Nachomamma8 wrote:also majiffy i didn't think people were supposed to flip their actual nights?

Are they not? Oh well.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2538 (isolation #137) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Majiffy »

All players still alive have posted in the last 24 hours.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2539 (isolation #138) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Also give me a bit of time tomorrow if you guys are lynching before 3 PM, I still need to find a good section to write about Chicago 1968.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2547 (isolation #139) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

Great activity, guys! Keep up the grueling pace!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2600 (isolation #140) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Majiffy »

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2602 (isolation #141) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

Good job with that quote tag.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2610 (isolation #142) » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Ok listen I'm hittindaclub tonight so if you guys lynch anyone you won't get a flip till tomorrow.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2645 (isolation #143) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Majiffy »

UH

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2646 (isolation #144) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Oh right 50.

Damnit I did it again.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2647 (isolation #145) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Majiffy »

And before you say anything, shut the fuck up, Buldermar.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2648 (isolation #146) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Well this is awkward.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2649 (isolation #147) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I hope no one comes in with a C-C-C-C-Combo breaker

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2650 (isolation #148) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Last edited by Majiffy on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2652 (isolation #149) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by Majiffy »

p-edit to victory.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2673 (isolation #150) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 am

Post by Majiffy »

God how hard is it just to make like two posts?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2674 (isolation #151) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

I really shouldn't have to be doing this.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2675 (isolation #152) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

Last edited by Majiffy on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2677 (isolation #153) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

She really is.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2685 (isolation #154) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2680, I Am Innocent wrote:Tho mod has screwed up 4 & 5 apparently... :facepalm:
What'd I do now? Why am I just hearing about this whatever it is?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2689 (isolation #155) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh...

well...

fuck you guys.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2704 (isolation #156) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Majiffy »

GODDAMNIT BULDERMAR.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2722 (isolation #157) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh you guys actually finally grew some balls and lynched someone.

Ok hold on.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2723 (isolation #158) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Majiffy »

Fate (L-0): pirate mollie, Human Destroyer, mantisdreamz, buldermar, Nachomamma8, I Am Innocent

Not Voting: Remembrance, Rubicon, SE-Asians, Fate, kuror0

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline is Thursday, May 2nd at 2:30 PM EST

Fate has been lynched.

Freak Power in the Rockies

Two hours before the polls closed we realized that we had no headquarters - no hole or Great Hall where the faithful could gather for the awful election-night deathwatch. Or to celebrate the Great Victory that suddenly seemed very possible.

We had run the whole campaign from a long oaken table in the Jerome Tavern on Main Street, working flat-out in public so anyone could see or even join if they felt ready... but now, in these final hours, we wanted a bit of privacy; some clean, well-lighted place, as it were, to hunker down and wait...

We also needed vast quantities of ice and rum - and a satchel of brain-rattling drugs for those who wanted to finish the campaign on the highest possible note, regardless of the outcome. But the main thing we needed, with the dusk coming down and the polls due to close at 7 PM, was an office with several phone lines, for a blizzard of last-minute calls to those who hadn't yet voted. We'd collected the voting lists just before 5:00 - from our poll-watcher teams who'd been checking them off since dawn - and it was obvious, from a very quick count, that the critical Freak Power vote had turned out in force.

Joe Edwards, a 29-year-old head, lawyer, and bike-racer from Texas, looked like he might, in the waning hours of Election Day in November 1969, be the next mayor of Aspen, Colorado.

Fate was Joe Edwards,
Mafia Goon.
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2724 (isolation #159) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Majiffy »

Night 2 - Chicago, 1968

I went a few places for reasons that I can't even recall now, and then I went to Chicago in August of 1968, on my Random House tab with a packet of the finest, blue-chip press credentials - issued by the Democratic National Committee - for the purpose of covering the convention.

I had no real reason for going - not even a magazine assignment; I just wanted to
be there
and get the feel of things. The town was so full of journalists that I felt like a tourist... and the fact that I had heavier credentials than most of the working writers & reports I met left me vaguely embarrassed...

Now, years later, I still have trouble when I think about Chicago. That week at the convention changed everything I'd ever taken for granted about this country and my place in it... Every time I tried to tell somebody what happened in Chicago I started crying, and it took me years to understand why.

I wasn't beaten; I spent no time in jail. But neither of these things would have had much effect on me, anyways. It takes a real expert (or experts) to beat a person badly without putting him into a state of shock that makes the beating meaningless until later... and getting dragged into jail with a bunch of friends is more a strange high than a trauma; indeed, there is something vaguely dishonorable in having lived through the Sixties without having spent time in jail.

Chicago was the end of the Sixties, for me... I was standing at the corner of Michigan and Balboa on Wednesday night when the cops attacked... and I remember thinking: No. This can't be happening. I flattened myself back against a wall of the Blackstone and fished a motorcycle helmet out of my friendly blue L.L. Bean kit bag... and also the yellow ski goggles, thinking there would probably be Mace, or at least gas... but that was the only time they didn't use any.

On Wednesday evening they used clubs, and it was a king-hell bitch of a show. I stood against the wall, trying to put my helmet on while people ran past me like a cattle stampede. The only ones who weren't screaming were bleeding, and some were being dragged. I have never been caught in an earthquake, but I'm sure the feeling would be just about the same. Total panic and disbelief - with no escape.

I found myself in the middle of the pincers, with no place to run except back into the Blackstone. But the two cops at the door refused to let me in. They were holding their clubs out in front of them with both hands, keeping everybody away from the door.

I was big enough to neutralize one of the truncheons long enough to plunge into the lobby... and it was not until several days or even weeks later that I understood that those cops had actually
planned
to have me beaten. Not me, personally, but Me as a member of "The Enemy", that crowd of "outside agitators"

These bastards knew my position, and they wanted to beat me anyway. They didn't give a fuck if the Democratic National Committee had issued me special press credentials; it made no difference to them that I'd come to Chicago as a paying guest - at viciously inflated rates - with no intention of causing the slightest kind of trouble for anybody.

It seems to me that the underlying of any public protest - any public disagreement with the government, "the system", or "the establishment", by any name - is that the men in charge of whatever you're protesting against are actually listening...

Night 2 Begins Now. Deadline is Saturday, April 27th, at 3 PM EST

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2725 (isolation #160) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

Mass Burial for Political Bosses in New York

My very innocence made me guilty – or at least a potential troublemaker in the eyes of the rotten sold-out scumbags who were running that Convention: Mayor Richard J. Daley of Chicago, Lyndon Baines Johnson, then President of the United States. These pigs didn’t care what was Right. All they knew was what they wanted, and they were powerful enough to break anybody who even thought about getting in their way.

Illinois had
two
delegations at the ['72] convention. One was Mayor Daley's and the other was a "new politics" delegation led by Chicago alderman Billy Singer and Reverend Jesse Jackson. So before the convention could vote on a nominee, it had to decide which one of the 170 member Illinois delegations was "official". Most people expected a 50-50 compromise - but the convention eventually voted to replace Daley's "regulars" with the "rebel" Singer/Jackson delegation - thus alienating
another
Democratic Party kingpin (along with George Meany) ... and saddling McGovern with the hellish task of trying to heal The Big Split in the party before he could focus on Nixon. It proved to be a fateful decision. Meany bolted the Democratic Party entirely, taking a big part of Organized Labor with him - and Daley stayed in a "neutral" funk until somewhere around mid-October, when he finally realized that GOP victory in Chicago might take
him
down, along with McGovern/Shriver. But by then it was too late. Chicago "went Democratic", as usual, but not by enough to carry Illinois - or even the state's attorney race, where the Daley-backed incumbent Ed Hanrahan went down to ignominious defeat (despite McGovern's reluctant endorsement, or perhaps
because
of it) ... and in the end, Mayor Daley came out one of the Big Losers in '72. His
clout
is severely reduced now, both nationally and locally. So the McGovern campaign was not a
total
failure...

Nachomamma8
was
Richard Daley,
Town Doctor.
Last edited by Majiffy on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2726 (isolation #161) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

Day 3 - Aspen, 1970

The word had come from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI), and the word was extremely grim. Tonight - sometime between dusk on Wednesday and dawn on Thursday - Mr. Thompson, the Freak Power candidate for sheriff, was going to be killed. This intelligence had come from what the CBI investigator had described as "an extremely reliable informant", a person they had every good reason to believe because he (or maybe she; we weren't told) had "always been right in the past"... Shooting was of course the most logical thing to expect, he said. Maybe an ambush at some lonely spot on the road between Aspen and Woody Creek. And if that failed... well, it was widely known that the candidate lived in a dangerously isolated house far out in the boondocks. So perhaps they would strike out there, by fire... or dynamite.

Indeed. Dynamite. RDX-type, 90 percent nitroglycerine
(sic)
. Two hundred and ten sticks of it had been stolen just a few days earlier from an Aspen Ski Corp. cache on Ajax Mountain - according to a report from the Ski Corp. - and the thieves left a note saying, "This [stolen dynamite] will only be used if Hunter Thompson is elected sheriff of Aspen." The note was signed "SDS".

Right. The ignorant dingbat had actually signed the note "SDS".

Day 3 has now begun. Deadline is Sunday, May 12th 2013, at 12:00 AM EST.
Last edited by Majiffy on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2727 (isolation #162) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Writing up flavor now. Please remember that I am busy during the weekends, and I am transcribing these flavor posts word-for-word from my own research into the Thompson bibliography. So please have some patience with me!

Game thread should be open in an hour or so, I have the flavors marked in the various texts.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2728 (isolation #163) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'd write more, but I'm tired as fuck, I worked 14 hours today, and I have to be back in to work in about 6 hours... so... go forth, my young patrons of the mafiascum. Go forth and vote recklessly, and post to a level of borderline-spam.

Because you know that if you push it far enough,
anyone in the position to bring the hammer down couldn't possibly believe the story.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2729 (isolation #164) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by Majiffy »

By the by, I will be posting the cited sources and some notes on each book I own of his bibliography in the post-game, for anyone interested in reading the full works, rather than just these excerpts.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2735 (isolation #165) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2733, Remembrance wrote:ARE youuuuuuu KIDDInG meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Are you even part of this game?

Good god I'm the worst mod ever.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2738 (isolation #166) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Whose slot are you? I'm really confused. Have you posted before this day phase?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2739 (isolation #167) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Majiffy »

>Sudden realization I haven't updated the OP in forever.

Help me out here.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2742 (isolation #168) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Majiffy »

... Ok... But whose slot are you?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2743 (isolation #169) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Damnit I am not above modkilling you just for the lulz!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2749 (isolation #170) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Majiffy »

<.<

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2750 (isolation #171) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Rubicon (L-4): Remembrance

mantisdreamz, Rubicon, borkjerfkin, pirate mollie, I Am Innocent, SE-Asians, Human Destroyer, kuror0

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is Sunday, May 12th 2013, at 12:00 AM EST.
Last edited by Majiffy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2751 (isolation #172) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Majiffy »

^ That'll probably be a VC tomorrow whenever I'm sober enough to give a fuck.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2766 (isolation #173) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 am

Post by Majiffy »

Ok you have a VC. Someone check it for accuracy for me. Thanks!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2773 (isolation #174) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:54 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2771, pirate mollie wrote:
mod, plz replace me
Srsly?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2774 (isolation #175) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Majiffy »

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2775 (isolation #176) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Majiffy »

Rubicon (L-4): Remembrance
Buldermar (L-4): pirate mollie

mantisdreamz, Rubicon, buldermar, I Am Innocent, SE-Asians, Human Destroyer, kuror0

Last edited by Majiffy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2777 (isolation #177) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

Beat you.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2780 (isolation #178) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Majiffy »

I may have convinced her to stay. She's thinking about it.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2783 (isolation #179) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Majiffy »

Uhhh... is heeee dead orrrr...

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2784 (isolation #180) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh I have two players of the same slot there.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2785 (isolation #181) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

Ok I think I have everything accurate now.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2823 (isolation #182) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Done

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2824 (isolation #183) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Bump.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2825 (isolation #184) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Rubicon (L-3): Remembrance, buldermar
Buldermar (L-3): pirate mollie, Rubicon

mantisdreamz, I Am Innocent, SE-Asians, Human Destroyer, kuror0

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2850 (isolation #185) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Majiffy »

NO ITS MINE YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

Rubicon (L-3): Remembrance, buldermar
Buldermar (L-4): Rubicon
kuror0 (L-4): I Am Innocent

mantisdreamz, pirate mollie, SE-Asians, Human Destroyer, kuror0

Last edited by Majiffy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2868 (isolation #186) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Hey guys this is just your friendly neighborhood mod checking in. I'm really bored. Are you? Do I have prods due? I have no idea, because I don't really give a fuck about things like activity and accurate vote counts.

Have fun posting!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2877 (isolation #187) » Fri May 03, 2013 6:18 am

Post by Majiffy »

Bastardry, I prod her and she steals the top of the page on me!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2885 (isolation #188) » Sat May 04, 2013 6:07 am

Post by Majiffy »

Rubicon was prodded with Mantis and HD, and as far as I can tell, picked up his prod.

I'll prod Asians.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2899 (isolation #189) » Sat May 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Wut

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2900 (isolation #190) » Sat May 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by Majiffy »

A NEW PAGE?!

Rubicon (L-2): Remembrance, buldermar, Human Destroyer
mantisdreamz (L-4): pirate mollie

SE-Asians, Human Destroyer, kuror0, mantisdreamz

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2923 (isolation #191) » Sun May 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

When a maaaaaa-haaaaaan

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2924 (isolation #192) » Sun May 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Loves a vooootecount

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2925 (isolation #193) » Sun May 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Rubicon (L-2): Remembrance, buldermar, Human Destroyer
mantisdreamz (L-4): pirate mollie

SE-Asians, kuror0, mantisdreamz

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2961 (isolation #194) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I don't really feel like doing a vote count right now so you can get it later.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2967 (isolation #195) » Wed May 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Unfortunately I've become monumentally busy this past week; I've just been made aware that a replacement has been requested; I'm going to have to sideline all of my moderation duties to the weekends. So... sorry for those of you whom are used to me being very up on shit; not going to happen this game.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2984 (isolation #196) » Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Majiffy »

VCs are updated. Searching for a Rubicon replacement.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3003 (isolation #197) » Fri May 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Oh you fucking page ninjas.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3077 (isolation #198) » Sat May 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 3075, pirate mollie wrote:the lack of twilight activity makes me wonder if I am wrong
Is it twilight? Lock and flavor tomorrow.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3096 (isolation #199) » Sun May 12, 2013 1:24 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh god you cocksuckers made like 4 pages of work for me to do.

||

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”