NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 2149, Zdenek wrote:
In post 2148, Rainbowdash wrote:Players tend to be modkilled for breaking what are very clear site rules. Ive modkilled for similar before, as it instantly has effect of players perception on the slot. Its like ongoing games.
That's not an answer.
Better question is "when was the last time before this I saw somepony make a bet"?

Last time I saw anything along the bets/promises line it did result in a modkill though. Either way, its just waiting to see what happens at this point.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2150, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 2149, Zdenek wrote:
In post 2148, Rainbowdash wrote:Players tend to be modkilled for breaking what are very clear site rules. Ive modkilled for similar before, as it instantly has effect of players perception on the slot. Its like ongoing games.
That's not an answer.
Better question is "when was the last time before this I saw somepony make a bet"?

Last time I saw anything along the bets/promises line it did result in a modkill though. Either way, its just waiting to see what happens at this point.
So here's the thing. I think that you have a decent chance of being scum, and considering the state of the game, I am sure that scum would really like to have players be mod-killed, and I can't really see a town-motivation for suggesting it.

For me the last time I saw people do something along these lines, nothing happened. This was in the game that caused Mastin to become Mastin2. Now, that's a little bit different, but I think I've also seen players make a sig-bet and receive a warning - I believe that I have never seen someone mod-killed for it.

So when was this.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

are you assuming that Rainbow is scum for saying that we are likely going to be mod-killed? She didn't even suggest for it to happen, she just said that it was likely to happen
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Ive modkilled a player in one of my games for "I promise im town - if not I will never play another game". Its one of those things that once it happens the damage is done and the slot is compramised.

Its a modkillable (or at least force-replace) offense though. Im very much so a pureist in my style and what I allow. Very straightforward, respectable to the game and the governing rules, so yeah im going to point it out to the mod at the other LMs. Especially when the result is enough to make me move my vote off MM.

Back to the game though, Bulb is easily the lynch over Syryana here.
You don't earn
loyalty
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2152, Ms Marangal wrote:....

are you assuming that Rainbow is scum for saying that we are likely going to be mod-killed? She didn't even suggest for it to happen, she just said that it was likely to happen
No. I think that he's scum because both his read on TUA and TUA's read on him changed after day one. I also think that he's scummy for encouraging mod-kills. Mentioning it as a possibility is the same as suggesting it - don't be stupid.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

And I think that you were scum for the fluid changes of alot of your reads. You suspect Rainbow for similar reasons I suspect you, so if I'm wrong, so are you.

encouraging mod-kills are not scummy in the slightest, especially if she does feel like the game is being compromised :/
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Yeah, thanks for giving me more reason to actually believe that you are scum Zde
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2155, Ms Marangal wrote:And I think that you were scum for the fluid changes of alot of your reads.
You have to look at the changes, the reason for the changes, all relative to the flips.

I've been scum a lot, and what I've often seen is scumpals that want to change their reads, but feel that they cannot for fear of appearing inconsistent. They often worry that their changes of heart will appear scummy, because they are in fact justified by the requirement for being on a certain wagon, rather than actual suspicion.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2153, Rainbowdash wrote: Back to the game though, Bulb is easily the lynch over Syryana here.
"Easily the lynch" does not equal the same thing as "more scummy".

@Zdenek: The last time I saw someone talk about the possibility of a modkill, he ended up being town, so, it's a null tell. However, add in an obsession with policy lynches and phrases such as "easily the lynch", and I wonder if you may be on to something.

@BBMolla: In your opinion, is it better to stay on this wagon and try to unify the town or to go back to my stronger scumread? Both are equally as viable, so I don't care either way. I just want to do what is best in this situation.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2155, Ms Marangal wrote:And I think that you were scum for the fluid changes of alot of your reads. You suspect Rainbow for similar reasons I suspect you, so if I'm wrong, so are you.

encouraging mod-kills are not scummy in the slightest, especially if she does feel like the game is being compromised :/
hmmm, did TUA call me scum day one and then shift his read on me? I was unsure of TUA day one, and decided that he was scum day two.

There's pretty clear scum motivation behind encouraging mod-kills especially if the two of you are town. Funnily, the only time I've done it is as scum with my scum-buddy because I think it's a pretty safe form of distancing, but I doubt that's what's happening here.

How did your read on RBD develop?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

She started null and she moved to town. Her actions, and her thought processes looks like she is actually thinking and doing analysis of players which is usually town-driven
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2160, Ms Marangal wrote:She started null and she moved to town. Her actions, and her thought processes looks like she is actually thinking and doing analysis of players which is usually town-driven
Can you be any more specific?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

No.

to lazy atm
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

If town Antilles and MM should start giving out all their reads though.
You don't earn
loyalty
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2162, Ms Marangal wrote:No.

to lazy atm
You need to actually explain yourself because you are calling me scum for having changing reads, but are also completely disregarding RBD's changing read on TUA, which is one that after a day one scum lynch has an obvious scum motivation.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

RBD's changing reads are actually understandable, they are present in her posts and she does state reason for the change of her reads. She clearly had taken a step back to re-evaluate the game, while with you, that isn't as clear

and then 2163

Arthur, Bulb, and MO are my strongest town reads

Rainbow is a decently strong town-read along with Antilles

Molla, Angel, and HD are weak town reads that can easily change

Syry is null though his wall post a few pages back kinda pushed him to a town lean, Klick is also null

DC is a weak scum read, I want more from him to be able to discern his alignment

Jen and Zde are strong scum reads
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 2158, Bulbazak wrote:@BBMolla: In your opinion, is it better to stay on this wagon and try to unify the town or to go back to my stronger scumread? Both are equally as viable, so I don't care either way. I just want to do what is best in this situation.
I'm not the one to ask here. As you can see my philosophy is sit back and vote someone who has a wagon who I remotely feel will flip scum.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Three more votes and we can lynch Bulbascum!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 517, OtterHorse wrote:So apparently im flying solo. From having to replace out of games that I didnt want to replace out of but needed to, TAM is telling the truth about not having time here.

Also TUA might legitimately be scum and just not NC-bad from that last post. Great part is if TUA is scum he is bussing KBW as that vote is massively out of place given how he is playing the game.

unvote
Vote TUA

He is making a whole lot of posts that have some sort of backing, even though most of what he argues is theory on hydras (which he still never proved wrong), then his KBW vote is out of left field. Despite having scumtells laid out, he jumps of "fluffy posting" with the KBW vote and ironically, goes on a week long fluff rampage where he actually has only menitoned KBW once again for lurking (despite him not being on the site for almost a week) and for fluff posting while COMPLETELY ignoring other players who are posting next to nothing/fluff.

This "selective scumhunting" in his own terms is something that he says is a scumtell, and when he doesnt call anypony else who is doing it (noteable AA and Antilles), it actually reads like scum who is trying hard to get on the KBW lynch. Maybe auto-assuming bussing isnt right, but it feels like its more motivation that "scumtell" to be on the wagon, he is specifically choosing KBW for some underlying reason (like TUA is scum and he is going for the mislynch/bus).

@Titan - TAM gets kicked to more or less null from this since it really seems like time issue more than anything alignment motivated. There are points where players are obviously just not keeping up and then fall through and this feels more like one of them.
In post 539, OtterHorse wrote:
In post 534, TheUnderachivers wrote:Who are these other players that are "posting next to nothing"?
The "doing nothing" crew for this game:

TAM, KBW, Antilles.

If you want to throw in Serra (nothing game related) an Reek (standard flake) those are easily argueable.

TUA is scum though, the entire response to my case is basically a brush off and trying to just hold out to deadline.

@AA - You should vote TUA. As far as I can tell your vote on KBW is "policy" given your list and TUA is very lynchable. Also your list is awesome, a couple swaps and thats what im looking at.
In post 588, OtterHorse wrote:Really TUA needs to die right about now. His vote on MO basically is nail in the coffin, its exceedingly blatant self-preservation and OMGUS when you consider that he haddent even mentioned MO was back on page 8 for having "iffy posting".

@Nero head - Do you think being selective on who you call tells on is a scumtell?
Marangal, what do you think of DGB and could you explain your read on BBMolla?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Sorry, I didn't mean for those quotes to be there.

Marangal, what do you think of DGB and could you explain your read on BBMolla?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 pm

In post 226, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 225, Keybladewielder wrote:OMG I'm about to freaking ragequit!
Why? No one is really voting you, and you've done nothing to indicate that you might not be scum. Do some scumhunting, and people might start looking elsewhere.
I'm re-reading Bulbascum, does this look like in-thread coaching?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:01 pm

In post 88, TheUnderachivers wrote:Oh. Forgot this. The bad posts from BT:
In post 35, BT wrote:
In post 32, Reek wrote:Because town do also do it sometimes "for the lols" or "for reactions, derp". Which is why scum feel that they can get away with it and why it needs to be forcibly eradicated. I don't mind whether you call it a policy lynch or just a lynch if that makes you feel better but it is a pro-scum move that should be punished with a lynch.

ChannelDelibird, ChannelDelibird, it rhymes with ChannelDeliturd.
It's not as horribly anti-town as you're making it out to be. Are you one of those players that go "PL PL" over something meh like this instead of useless and/or consistently anti-town play as a whole?
In post 33, Titan wrote:It wasn't until your next post that you voted for yourself, which makes your self vote look like a self conscious attempt to not vote someone else.
Don't get this. Why is this true as a second post and not as a first post?

UNVOTE: VOTE: Bulbazak
Bad vote, bad logic, questioning Titan who is a townread.
Here TUA was chainsaw-defending Titan, a reason why I think Titan may be scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Again, re-reading Bulbascum, when he flips scum, I'll have to put MO as town.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2166, BBmolla wrote:
In post 2158, Bulbazak wrote:@BBMolla: In your opinion, is it better to stay on this wagon and try to unify the town or to go back to my stronger scumread? Both are equally as viable, so I don't care either way. I just want to do what is best in this situation.
I'm not the one to ask here. As you can see my philosophy is sit back and vote someone who has a wagon who I remotely feel will flip scum.
Then what was with the push to get town unified by asking for reads and looking for a common scum read? Speaking of which, I don't believe you've ever given your reads. What are they?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

DBG is a very fluid read, though I really cannot see her attacking her scum-buddies like that so blatantly. I mean, I'm one to bus as scum but the manner of how she did it really did not read like a bussing act.

and Molla is nothing more than gut, I'll have to read his posts more thoroughly to figure out why he is exactly giving me good vibes.
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”