²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 am

Post by ² »

In post 179, AngstyMatters wrote:you're missing the point gamma is making. While you may think you are only being pro-active and helpful, over-posting can be hurtful. let the thread breathe. Let other interactions/discussions take place.
I think we have different perspectives on what's harmful and what's not.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:01 am

Post by ² »

In post 182, Nibelung wrote:At the time of that post, I had only a light suspicion about you. Enough to distinguish you from the others,
but too early to start asking further questions.
Too early to start asking further questions? Really?

- b
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:02 am

Post by PimHel »

Someone said they liked how Squared responded to the pressure. I'm not seeing it. First passive behaviour and now responding to almost everything that's slightly about them. Which is pretty much all they've been doing with a few exceptions.

@Nibelungen
Can you state how much experience you have?

@TheNE
Even I didn't see that as a joke. Huge question: Am I the only one from this game you've played with before?

I'm also waiting what the town-slip was.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:03 am

Post by ² »

In post 182, Nibelung wrote:That is a valid point. However, the experience I have on mafias are not from this forum. I can't throw away the way some people catched me before because this can happens with other players too.

You are still the scummiest player on my list thus far. And still not worth a vote because I want some more time to see if your spamming style is normal or not.
Why don't you just search my username and check literally every single game I've played on this site? Because you want to have an excuse for delaying making a decision so that you can see if the wagon on me/us grows or shrinks?

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:06 am

Post by ² »

hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4933981 time=1367861443 user_id=10128 post_num=186]In Death Note, the killer was so obsessed with clearing himself to the detective mastermind that he drew suspicion to himself. Kind of like what you did
It's not "kind of like what I did", it's "kind of what you think I did", which isn't even remotedly what I did.

- b
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Toasty wins Page 4 with #99.
In post 105, ToastyToast wrote:WIFOM is just hypothetical bullshit that has no point being in a discussion. Don't tell me what you would do, show me what you are doing. WIFOM is never town-motivated and sometimes scum-motivated. Mostly its just poor argumentation.
This doesn't sound like you have any measure of a scumread on him, though.

Page 5 was pretty good for townreads (Maxous, Vi), and also good for the race. Toasty is no longer in last!
-1 for #105.
In post 136, CF Riot wrote:I think Nib is town.
I agree. But so are cat hydra and bf hydra.

MetalSonic is the champion of page 6.
In post 173, Gammagooey wrote:squared/tinytwo- if you have a bunch of little comments to say put them all in the same post, doing it like that will make extra pages that people will whine about and give people excuses to not bother catching up in-thread because it's sooooo looooong and yeah.
He will probably never do this, unfortunately.

Scarlet loses a point on Page 7. Weak :(
hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4933981 time=1367861443 user_id=10128 post_num=186]Well, you described yourself as a town-only role and I'm not a fan of your what-if WIFOM either.
His personality translates to all of his games, so this tell doesn't really help. But even then, I don't think I refer to hydra as lovers when I am town and masons when I am scum.
In post 194, Sajin wrote:More critical eyes on the game please.
I don't pay attention to votecounts unless I put down a vote, sorry.

#194 is page 8's first big winner. There was a pretty big wall, but most of it was advice, IIoA, that sort of thing. He did manage to take a dig at Gamma for a "~reasons~" post, but that sucked a lot.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:08 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

In post 199, AngstyMatters wrote:Hito uses day talk in his games but I wasn't even thinking about that.
Day talk is standard
I'm going to need a source on that.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Current Leaders:
1. 10 Sajin
2. 2 ToastyToast
3. 1 Remilla Scarlet/Thenewearth/PimHel/Nibelung
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:09 am

Post by ² »

hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4933999 time=1367862091 user_id=10128 post_num=189]
In post 175, ² wrote:
In post 84, Maxous wrote:
I voted 2 cause it was the only real wagon going.

My comment towards Pim was because he was'nt getting the point about why he was being asked about his vote.
His explanation later looked fine though.

Kalimar is an early town-read, I like that post.
pings
Are you seriously accusing someone for his random vote when we have real discussion going on?
The "pings" post is f's, but since I also previously commented on that post, I'll respond as well.

There is a difference between a "random vote" and a "vote because it's the only real wagon going". Specifically, "vote because it's the only real wagon going" is not random. Furthermore, the motivation of the vote, i.e., "getting a real wagon going" is just awful.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 am

Post by ² »

In post 190, Remilia Scarlet wrote:I want to weigh in on the whole hydra = mason thing:

1) Masons are a dumb way to think about hydras. Hydras are just two or more people who share a single slot.
2) That said,
the chain of logic I see from hp[leaves]' post is
) you described hydrae as Masons
) hydrae can be scum
∴ you described the existence of scum Masons
Is a pretty obtuse way to take the statement (instead of it just being a shitty comparison). What point are hp and Vi even trying to make there?
It's not a shitty comparison. hydras has private communication like masons. Hydra heads are confirmed to each other by means of sharing the same role like masons.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:15 am

Post by ² »

In post 194, Sajin wrote:Masons are a crappy way to think about hydras because it is 1 vote shared and a
lot of masons power comes from 2 votes and alignment confirmation of one after another dies
. Neither of these are true for a hydra at all.
The bolded is false. Masons are confirmed to each other. If they weren't, they'd be neighbors.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 am

Post by ² »

In post 194, Sajin wrote:@2, Your post style reminds me of Mastin. Either one of you an alt?
Neither of us.

- b
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 210, ² wrote:
In post 194, Sajin wrote:Masons are a crappy way to think about hydras because it is 1 vote shared and a
lot of masons power comes from 2 votes and alignment confirmation of one after another dies
The bolded is false. Masons are confirmed to each other. If they weren't, they'd be neighbors.

- b
Are you trying to post the most nitpicky shit possible? It's pretty fucking obvious what he means.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:19 am

Post by ² »

In post 198, PimHel wrote:@Squared
This game is a large. It will already have many pages. You guys make it even worse the way you are posting. I rather have one large post than many small as many pages will be discouraging for 1. players to read. 2. for players to replace in (if that will be needed)

Will now focus on the important stuff.
I feel the same way about wasting the first five pages on useless RVS bullshit.

Making less posts does not decrease what needs to be read, it merely decreases the amount of posts in the game. There will be a similar amount of words to read, so your logic is flawed.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:22 am

Post by ² »

In post 202, PimHel wrote:Someone said they liked how Squared responded to the pressure. I'm not seeing it. First passive behaviour and now responding to almost everything that's slightly about them. Which is pretty much all they've been doing with a few exceptions.
It is bad to be responding to things? I'll bet that if I didn't, you'd call that scummy as well.

I've also made some reads, and I'll probably discuss more with f as the game progresses. This is a large and slow-paced game; I'm not in a rush.

- b
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 am

In post 207, Nachomamma8 wrote:Current Leaders:
1. 10 Sajin
2. 2 ToastyToast
the fuck is this?
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 am

Post by ² »

Nacho, I'm in love with your new point system.

- b
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 am

Post by ² »

In post 215, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 207, Nachomamma8 wrote:Current Leaders:
1. 10 Sajin
2. 2 ToastyToast
the fuck is this?
^^ proof that you havn't been reading Nacho's posts, or you'd know.

- b
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:26 am

Hence the question
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:41 am

Post by PimHel »

It's not the same, Squared. I enjoyed Tar's mind screw games. But there's no way in hell I'd replace in if there were 110 pages after one day with 19 players or so alive. However, if that amount was 55 pages with 19 players alive, I'd probably. Even though the chance exists that there are lots of walls. The same for reading. Let's say I'm V/LA this weekend. If the game increased by 35 pages, I won't be starting the read with a happy thought. Had it been 15 with walls, I might not have a happy read with the wall, but after that wall, I'd probably be happy again. It's all about the thought.

P.S. Thanks for trying to read my mind. You're wrong though.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 am

Post by ² »

In post 212, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 210, ² wrote:

- b
Are you trying to post the most nitpicky shit possible? It's pretty fucking obvious what he means.
bork, meet buldermar.

- f
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:03 am

Post by AngstyMatters »

hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4934217 time=1367867283 user_id=10128 post_num=206]
In post 199, AngstyMatters wrote:Hito uses day talk in his games but I wasn't even thinking about that.
Day talk is standard
I'm going to need a source on that.
I've been playing for two years, my word is your source

I'm not a secretary I'm Queen Bitch
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:03 am

Post by AngstyMatters »

I'm gonna make my avatar more obnoxious so youre all afraid of me and stop asking mundane questions
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:07 am

Post by AngstyMatters »

This game actually sucks ass so far

I'm sorry God for not assfucking this thread sooner

I'm gonna be fucking a player up the butt today
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:31 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Maxous wrote:Toasty - are you calling 2 scummy or is it a 'lolz WIFOM - oh you' kind of vote
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the second part, but...I find WIFOM scummy. This doesn't make 2 OMGOBVSCUM, but its something worth pressuring for.
Rememberance wrote:If the troupe leader is present he can steal other players abilities at night, I'd wager.
Pakunoda provides day chat.
Feitan would be a kamikaze(?)
Beats me who the rest are. There might be a jail keeper or doctor, Machi, maybe.

Hito, while a jester is against the set up, is a kamikaze against the set up? (that is, can there be a mafia that blows up and kills the hammerer? I'll stop asking these questions if they're against the rules.
Why are you trying to figure out the flavor-game connection when you should just be scumhunting? There hasn't been a single death yet and you are already doing this? It's not annoying, it's just pointless this early.
TNE wrote:Obviously... This was a serious non-RVS thing. And I agree with AK. It was quite a weak vote. I have my eye on you
idk, sounds to me like you are backpedalling away from your conviction.
2 wrote:Additionally, you're wrong in your analysis regarding WIFOM. I can go into details about it, but in short: everything in this game aside from votes that leads to a lynch and things confirmed by the mod in non-bastard games boils down to WIFOM. Saying "no" would also be a type of WIFOM with respect to alignment. Your whole argument about WIFOM never being town-motivated is also fundamentally flawed because town sometimes benefit from gambits, just to mention one thing.

We aren't going to get anywhere by arguing scum-hunting strategies. You won't convince me that WIFOM isn't scummy. And saying "no" to a question about putting off a rivalry for the first 3 days is not WIFOM. When I'm talking about WIFOM, I mean posing a hypothetical about what you Would do if of the other allignment.

Also, 7 posts from ^2 in a row? Next time, do it all in one post plz. OMG you did it twice! Use reply not quick reply. Please. Put everything in one post. Like seriously. I will advocate a policy lynch if you keep at it.

erg, I have bad gut feels on Sajin. Not sure why atm.

@Nacho: My ^2 read would best be described as leaning scum, and thus worth pushing. I don't think anyone can truly have a solid read on page 9--let alone day 1.

WHY THE HELL ARE WE STILL ARGUING ABOUT HYDRAS? NO ONE CARES! Even if it is a bad comparison, does it make a person scummy for believing that? NO. so stahp.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”