Post by hitogoroshi »

Current Phase: Endgame

Spoiler: Result
The
Hunter Association
has won the game.

Spoiler: The Living and the Dead
The Living (12/23)

(* indicates a prod, + indicates an anti-prod)

Sajin

Metal Sonic+

Syryana

CF Riot

Dry-Fit+

Magua
PimHel

ToastyToast+

AngstyMatters+ (4nxi3ty/MattP hydra)

CarbonFiber (FourTrouble/F-16 hydra)

Remilia Scarlet (guyinfreezer/borkjerkfin hydra)

implosion
Mathdino*

Nachomamma8+

The Dead (11/23)

Gammagooey
Sui_Generis
- Feitan,
Phantom Troupe
aligned Interrogator - lynched Day One.
² (buldermar/fferyllt hydra)
- Leech,
Hunter Association
aligned Vanilla Townie - killed Night One.
Oversoul
FSnake
- Kurapika,
Hunter Association
aligned Clan Avenger - killed Night One.
thenewearth
- Chrollo Lucilfer,
Phantom Troupe
aligned Skill Hunter - lynched Day Two.
Remembrance+
- Gon Freecss,
Hunter Association
aligned Vanilla Townie - killed Night Two.
hp [leaves]+
- Nobunaga Hazama,
Phantom Troupe
aligned Non-Consecutive Skilled Self-Watcher - lynched Day Three.
Vi+
FUT
- Baise,
Hunter Association
aligned One-Shot Dominatrix - killed Night Three.
Maxous+
-Shizuku,
Phantom Troupe
aligned One-Shot Role Janitor - lynched Day Four.
Amethyst Kitty+ (Malakittens/Ms. Marangal hydra)
- Linnsen,
Hunter Association
aligned Vanilla Townie - lynched Day Five.
Kalimar+
- Neon Nostrade,
Hunter Association
aligned Vanilla Townie - killed Night Five.
MonkeyMan576+
Nibelung+
- Kortopi,
Phantom Troupe
aligned Antique Vendor-Tracker - Lynched Day Six.

Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 52 times in total.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:16 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

General Rules:

For you Munchkins out there:
Rules are subject to addition, deletion, or change any time. If you try to abuse some technicality, I will make that technicality cease to exist and retroactively punish if needed. There are several common sense rules that are implicitly here that I didn't bother writing. When in doubt, PM the mod. But remember, directly quoting PM's from the mod (including the role PM, any flavor or pictures from a PM, a rules adjucation quoted verbatim, etc) or impersonating the mod in game (by pretending I have "edited" a post I have not) is
strictly forbidden
. Paraphrasing is fine, as long as there's room for doubt. Again, common sense.

Play to your win condition:
I want you all to have fun, but you must always be trying to secure a win for your faction. Failure to do so might get you banned from all mafia games on-site, not just this one. Getting modkilled will turn you to a dead neutral survivor, so incurring a modkill is always playing against your factions wincon. Do not test my patience on this issue; I have none.

Roll with the punches, but don't be a shitlord:
This is a game where some people want you dead, and there's a certain degree of hostility inherent in the premise. “Attack the case, not the player” is a good guideline, but the line is thin and I'm not interested in playing baby-sitter.

However, there are certain boundaries you must respect. My general anti-harassment rule can be roughly stated as, “If it'd be illegal to fire someone for, it's forbidden to insult someone for.” To be more specific, insulting someone based on (or simply an insult including reference to) culture, gender, sexual orientation, income, or similar non-mafia related things is expressly prohibited, with punishments up to and including forced replacements/modkills on the FIRST OFFENSE. This also extends to out of game feuds, GD drama, or the like. Check it at the door, or I'll throw you out.

Lynching:
It takes a full majority to lynch or to no-lynch. If there is no one with a majority at deadline, it's no-lynch. No lynch is a valid vote target, but does not take any fewer votes to achieve than a normal lynch.

First rule about ongoing games
: Don't talk about this game anywhere else, and don't talk about other ongoing games here, even offsite ones. ESPECIALLY don't share QT links with anyone. Yes, talking about "[redacted]" is still talking about ongoing games.

Mistakes:
Everybody makes them. Call out vote count mistakes with a bolded note in thread. All other mistakes should be pointed out discreetly via PM.

Activity:
I will prod a player after 48 hours of inactivity. Prods can only be 'picked up' by actually posting in thread – a response to me will not cut it. Players will be replaced upon receiving their third prod, or if they take more than 48 hours to respond to a prod. (However, one prod on your record is removed for each full game Day you participate in.) Players are also free to request replacement at any time. I will not count Saturday hours for activity - go ride a bike or something, mafia isn't everything.

V/LA:
Declaring V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access) freezes your activity clock. It starts ticking on midnight the day AFTER the end date you've given.

Kills:
I will accept kills that are either bolded in the scum QT, or sent via PM. If I receive multiple kill orders, I will use the most recent one. You can only submit a kill order you yourself are carrying out. If I receive no kill orders all night, no kill will happen.

Deadlines
: Deadlines will be three weeks for the first Day, and two weeks for all subsequent Day. I will extend this only in extreme circumstances. Nights will be 72 hours from when the lynch scene is posted.

Votes
: Votes must be bold, and be on the start of a new line. A vote inside a paragraph almost certainly won't count (unless I think you're deliberately abusing this policy – you should never PURPOSEFULLY place your vote in a paragraph). Unvotes are nice but not necessary. Don't play 'vote tricks' – whether you voted for someone or not is ultimately for me to decide, not you.

If the Mod said you're alive, you're alive
: I will not end the day if the number of votes stated in the last VC + the number of additional votes is not great enough to lynch - I won't penalize the town for a mod error.

To put this otherwise, if I make a mistake in the vote-count, point it out immediately, but UNTIL I fix it, someone will only be lynched if BOTH the actual vote total AND the vote counts agree they should be lynched. This ensures that someone doesn't get accidentally hammered because of bad mod information.

My color
: is
blue.
Don't use it, so that it's clear to everyone that a blue note in a post is an edit by me. Also, no invisible/small text or robust cryptography/stenography.

Twilight:
Standard site interpretation. If a majority is ever reached, it's twilight. Anyone can talk, including the person about to die but all votes/unvotes after the hammer don't count.

Bah?:
No bah. When you die, you're dead, and dead dudes can't post. There will be a fun dead QT though. (Yes, I know I'm a hypocrite who loves bah posts himself but doesn't allow them. This is because I can trust myself and I can't trust you kids.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

HunterxHunterxMafia Specific Rules:

Faraday is my backup mod. Note that he is not a co-mod, so you don't need to do stuff like cc-ing him into every pm you send. I can run the game alone provided I'm here. Contact Faraday only if an issue is hanging for more than 48 hours (a requested VC, a PM, etc.) or if I have a planned absence where I specifically announce to send things to Faraday.

This game is a battle between 18
Hunter Association
aligned players and 5
Phantom Troupe
aligned players. There are no Jesters, Lynchers, Cultists, or Survivors. No player (except a modkilled one) will have their win condition change from what it was at the start of the game.

This game has five classes of abilities - Active, Passive, Factional, Informational and Transcendent. All abilities work only at night unless otherwise stated. There is a limit of one Active -or- Factional ability per Night - however, something that affects Active abilties does not affect Factional abilities unless explicitly stated. Passive abilities are always in effect. Informational abilities are simply privileged information about the setup. Transcendent abilities are immune to all other actions and things that affect actions, and do not count towards any cap - if a Transcendent ability includes a component that must resolve in Action Resolution, it will resolve before any other abilities.

Flips are guaranteed to be true but not guaranteed to be definitive. That is, there are no "death millers" or the like in the setup - everything that someone flips with was really part of their role. But I may not describe every aspect of someones role when they flip.

Role PM's are HunterxHunter flavored, taken from the Yorknew City arc. I have tried to make them fit thematically with the story – but note that I reserve the right to interpret the story differently / make some roles not align with the story if I believe doing so is crucial to the game balance.

There are at least 5 fakeclaims for the Phantom Troupe. These fakeclaims are full PMs and include all of the trappings of regular PMs (flavor, a picture if appropriate, etc.). They may either be vanilla town pm's, or pm's with a given power. If they are vanilla town, they are randomly chosen from the VT pool going to the town.

All Role PM's have pictures from the HunterxHunter 2011 anime. The fakeclaims have them too, so this is not a scumhunting tool. Don't try to metagame with them in any way, because a.) that's against the rules and I'll modkill you and b.) it won't even work anyway you big dummy.

Finally, remember that theme games are the spot for two things: games given the flavor of some non-mafia thing, or games with severe mechanics changes. The fact that I am obviously embracing the first does not necessarily preclude me from indulging in the second.

Zushi is not in the game, but if he was, his PM would look like this:

Osu! Welcome to HunterxHunterxMafia: Yorknew City. You are
Zushi
, a fighter at the Heaven's Arena. You’re a young but well-disciplined fighter studying Shingen-Ryu kung fu. You also don't show up in this arc. Get outta here, Zushi!

You have no special abilities.

You are aligned with the
Hunter Association.
You win when there is at least one
Hunter Association
aligned player alive, and no
Phantom Troupe
aligned players are alive. Please confirm by responding to this PM with your character's name.

The following win conditions are in the game:

You are aligned with the
Hunter Association.
You win when there is at least one
Hunter Association
Phantom Troupe
aligned players are alive.

You are aligned with the
Phantom Troupe
. You win when there is at least one
Phantom Troupe
Hunter Association
aligned players are alive, or if nothing can prevent the same.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

We don't have 90% of players in the game confirmed yet, so we're not starting. Hang tight, check back in the morning.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 11:00 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Three players have not picked up their role PM's in the last 48 hours. I have requested pregame replacements for all of them. If they return before they are replaced, they can stay. I will randomly assign each replacement to a flaked slot. To prevent any time meta, I will not open the game until all three slots are filled. Thanks for your patience, go watch some Hunter.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi replaces FUT. Thanks, Vi!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Gammagooey replaces Sui_Generis. What a guy!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Metal Sonic has confirmed. Game starting momentarily...
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Cue mood music.

The Phantom Troupe. You've heard the legends about them. The twelve-legged spiders. Class-A bounties. Children who were abandoned in Meteor City and responded to the cruelties of the world by forming the finest criminal organization known to man.

In retrospect, it should have been obvious that they'd attack the world's biggest auction. But their reputation was so mythical that it was impossible to imagine them coming. The Mafia community was no more prepared for the invasion of the Phantom Troupe then they would be the invasion of a dragon.

They sent normal hit men first. None of them came back alive.

But now, in the city where all of the Mafia's firepower is concentrated, a resistance has begun under the banner of the Hunter Association. The might of pro Hunters, the Mafia's finest, and others that defy classification - for the first time, there was too much for the Troupe to take head on.

However, the Troupe are too resourceful to let that stop them. Five of them have infiltrated the alliance, seeking to break it from within. At first, the Mafia sought to track out the outsiders through extensive genetic testing. But, of course, children thrown away in Meteor City are never put in the system to begin with.

There's only one way to catch the traitors in your midst. The oldest way.

The First Day has begun.

With 23 votes in play, it takes 12 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, May 25th at 11 PM CST.

End of Day 1(expired on 2013-05-25 23:00:00)
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by ² »

hi guys

- f
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

VOTE: 2

Hi
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Finally...

VOTE: squared

Don't spam us now :wink:

P-edit: Dammit GiF
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Mew.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 5, hitogoroshi wrote:
Gammagooey replaces Sui_Generis. What a guy!
OMG*.

*The 'G' stands for "Gammagooey".

What do you think of spending Day 1 working together?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by ² »

haterz

- f
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Vote: Remembrance.
Obviously Pakunoda.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by thenewearth »

MM really likes purple...
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Syryana »

RVS wagon ho!

Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Let’s do this!

VOTE: Remilia
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 13, ² wrote:haterz

- f
We just are voting you to show our love and affections for you.

Spoiler:
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by ² »

try your flattery on buldermar. I hear it works on him.

- f
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Huh I thought we were voting 2 for president.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Huh I thought we were voting 2 for president.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 19, ² wrote:try your flattery on buldermar. I hear it works on him.

- f
No. Sorry my charm only works on the female gender.
Nibelung
Nibelung
Townie
Nibelung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Nibelung »

I don't know anyone, so, lets roll a true random vote.

Vote: Dry-Fit
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 22, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Sorry my charm only works on the female gender.
Spoiler: *cough* Yuri *cough*
Let's not.

I appreciate the joke you were going for, but please let's not be having creepy drawings of sexualized children in this thread about mafia? -hito
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sat May 04, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”