Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 371, Gammagooey wrote:yeah im not going to annoy you about saijin when you already think hes scum, complaining about how youre voting me instead of someone else you think is scum is pretty pointless and isnt going to help the game at all.
Pointless and won't help the game at all? I should be the easiest person to sell on this scumread on the entire playerlist. Getting my vote off you and onto actual scum? That would be pretty useful, I think.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

but you arent going to unvote me or think i look town because of me addressing you and bugging you to vote someone else. I could throw more words at Saijin but I think you already understand why I think hes scum from what Ive posted so far. you will unvote me if you think i look town because I look town because of my opinions on the rest of the game, and id bet some pretty decent money on you voting saijin once that happens.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

^messed up the phrasing a bit but ill be pretty surprised if you dont know exactly what im talking about here nacho.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 357, Gammagooey wrote:heeey magua as a gesture of former baratheon hospitality you should totally read the first two sentences of saijins iso #1 and tell me if it doesn't make you glare at your computer monitor for a few seconds. Should you be willing to abuse yourself further the rest of saijins words in his first 3 posts are worth going over too and I wouldnt mind an opinion on newearth.
Erg. Did you not see
someone's meme that I stole
my meme about not reading in after replacing?

Fine.

FINE.

---

Do you mean his first post, voting me for not letting him be in a hydra, and then wanting hydras to sign their posts? Because that's super fluffy but, RVS and all, not anywhere near damning.

If you mean his second post where he starts with "lol vote the mod" on page 7, that's better.

Eh, the rest of his posts. Quote striper. Engaging skim mode.

Mod vote.
Mechanics instead of player discussion, re: hydras
Thinks you're scum.
Thinks 2 is town.
Fin.

Standoffness is scummier for me than anything else. Large game, bunch of players, really only given an opinion on you and 2, and padded it out with fluff.

---

thenewearth comes across in opening posts like earnestly likes the material and wants to talk about it. I used to think this was scummy, years back, now I don't. Still, newearth posts more content than Sajin, and reads as slightly-bored-and-or-easily-distracted town to me.

---

Holy shit, I went to see who was in the 2 hydra in the OP -- *5* hydras in this game? Jiminy Christmas.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Magua »

Also (irony alert) if y'all could be so kinda as to not
shit
post a bunch of one liner posts right after another after another, that'd be great.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 376, Gammagooey wrote:but you arent going to unvote me or think i look town because of me addressing you and bugging you to vote someone else. I could throw more words at Saijin but I think you already understand why I think hes scum from what Ive posted so far. you will unvote me if you think i look town because I look town because of my opinions on the rest of the game, and id bet some pretty decent money on you voting saijin once that happens.
"if i hypothetically gave opinions on people you would hypothetically unvote me in favor of this easy target; please do that because its easier than me actually giving opinions"
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

man if you think the 5 hydras is shocking look at 2s post count in the activity overview. the game has been going for 3 real-life days at this point.

personally with newearth the jokey scum much post and the 'dont you have your own opinions' fsnake comment make me twitch a little since they seem like leading statements to try to make it seem like other people should think the same way he does but it is possible for that to just be a playstyle thing.

hi vi
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

aaalso im pretty sure ive got more stated opinions out than you at this point, and last time i checked im the one whos said i dont mind being a hypocrite to do the things I want =3
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Kalimar wrote:I can find better examples for all of these qualities than Nibelung. Vi seems more snarky, for example, and I only see a bit of snarkiness (or sarcasm really) in Nibelung's squared vote. Nibelung's content seems okay to me so far especially compared against thenewearth or Gammagooey's fluff posts. "iirc he pushed away a question that was posed to him earlier on" is pretty sketchy, and the latter is plain wrong - see #283.
The manner in which Kalimar attacks MS here bothers me a bit:

I don't see why he needs a cherry picked list of people to compare Nibel to, designed to attack the metrics with which MS is making his point, instead of straight up going and calling the point weak.

I feel like the reasonable response to MS' attack on Nibelung is "this case is weak because [those things aren't scumtells/Nibel isn't really doing them]", which is how I am interpreting what he says in the next sentence, but the aforementioned paragraph just seems designed to pointedly discredit this particular case, as if Kalimar would have given credence to it if only MS would have attacked someone else.

--bork
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

GiF's catchup didn't go so well, I'm guessing.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Were you waiting on something from him?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

cmonnnnn Vi, im sure you have an amazing response on how informative your reads on me and 2 and sajin are and how theyre totally different from my unworthy opinions

or how your read on me is much more well explained and convincing than mine on Saijin

or maybe even a post with more fleshed out opinions that you just didnt feel like sharing yet because of some further unsaid *reasons*

or just maaaaaybe you dont have anything to share right now- to you, right now everything is right where it belongs.

P.S.- sorry magua.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

His catchup, mainly.

Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Remembrance »

@Kalimar: My initial thought when Pimhel wrote his replace out post was, "Frustrated townie who can't keep up with the speed of the game, taking himself out before he takes out his frustration on the players" But I decided to reread his iso, realized I made too many assumptions, and went back to null.

@Remilia: k. I'll be in watch mode then.

@Nacho: I ask for some leniency on GIF, I know he has some RL stuff keeping him preoccupied.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:38 pm

It's been, what, an hour since he posted? Chill.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

nacho, just to clarify: your point system is ranking the "scumminess" of the player, am I right?

vi still seems town to me, unless proven scum

nacho is definitely town; if i havent said that alreadys

P-edit: thanks remilia for the defense, imo kalimar's method of attacking may be part of his play style, so i think i consider that a null read at the moment, but if he acts up more maybe we can consider him for nacho's point system

P-P-edit ehh nothing much here
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Vi's entire body of work has been a tunnel on Gamma (of which I don't follow the initial motivation for) How does that make for a substantial townread for anyone?
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 390, Metal Sonic wrote:nacho, just to clarify: your point system is ranking the "scumminess" of the player, am I right?

vi still seems town to me, unless proven scum

How can you have a townread on Nacho when you're not even sure what he's been doing all game?

Also yeah townread on Vi is bad.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by Sajin »

@AngstyMatters: I still don't understand the the http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4935373 286 link. I asked you a question about it, you did not respond. You just shifted lines of thought completely. Was that your other head?
In post 376, Gammagooey wrote:but you arent going to unvote me or think i look town because of me addressing you and bugging you to vote someone else. I could throw more words at Saijin but I think you already understand why I think hes scum from what Ive posted so far. you will unvote me if you think i look town because I look town because of my opinions on the rest of the game, and id bet some pretty decent money on you voting saijin once that happens.
Your reasoning has basically copied what others have had to say. I want to know what your reasons are for wanting to vote metal sonic in the original post I called you out for rather than you parroting what others have said because it is convenient for you.

Also there is one I in my name.

In post 390, Metal Sonic wrote:nacho, just to clarify: your point system is ranking the "scumminess" of the player, am I right?

Why?

@Metal Sonic: What is your opinion of gammagooey?

@Magua I have not made mechanical arguments. Though, you should know I love doing that having played with you in Stars Aligned and lynching your scum play in part for having a crappy view of mechanics. But hydra discussion is not mechanic discussion. So for a question, do you remember Stars Aligned and in your opinion how has your play changed since then?

@HP leaves- I guess I wrote it as a statement not a question but I asked: do you think there is day talk for scum in this game?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

This game...

Matt, why is Vi scum? I'm not getting a whole lot of reasoning there and I'm starting to lean null-town on her.

and why the
fuck
are people town reading this slot when one head has been totally gone since the game has started?
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

-Mara
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 393, Sajin wrote: Your reasoning has basically copied what others have had to say. I want to know what your reasons are for wanting to vote metal sonic in the original post I called you out for rather than you parroting what others have said because it is convenient for you.
Find a single post in this entire game that's saying what I did here and quote it for me please. And you haven't bothered answering the question I asked you in the quote either.
@saijin- I get that you think *reasons* is bad and since you're voting me instead of just whining about it like you did with other players im gonna make some crazy assumptions that you think its more likely to come from scum than town. Why do you think that?

See because I think that your boring pointless-informationy 1st post is more likely to come from scum than town since it consists of a semi-game related comment that looks like relevant content without actually being useful to the game at all, and the posts after it share those almost-related comments that I think are an actually decent scumtell for early game shenanigans.

As for Sonic it was his iso#1, the post commented on the game instead of actually interacting with the players in it or giving an opinion and although it's more common in chat mafia games talking about the game from an outside perspective is way more likely to be coming from scum looking in on the game with better knowledge than the town has. Looking back at it though I dont think it was actually as bad as it looked given that Nibelung had just commented on Sonic and RVS specifically and its partially referring to that instead of just being an outside comment.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 394, Amethyst Kitty wrote:This game...

Matt, why is Vi scum? I'm not getting a whole lot of reasoning there and I'm starting to lean null-town on her.

and why the
fuck
are people town reading this slot when one head has been totally gone since the game has started?
Why are you so concerned about the town reads you are getting?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by AngstyMatters »

In post 359, Nachomamma8 wrote:In post
Anyone reading Vi as town is wrong for feeling that way right now and they make me suspicious that people are bandwagoning a subpar read
I'm wrong, but I need you to convince me better than this.
I think we can agree that perhaps it's an even BETTER better idea to have
@METAL SONIC
explain why Vi is a GOOD townread
In post 393, Sajin wrote:@AngstyMatters: I still don't understand the the http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4935373 286 link. I asked you a question about it, you did not respond. You just shifted lines of thought completely. Was that your other head?
Your question was rhetorical??? How do you want me to answer this?
In post 394, Amethyst Kitty wrote: Matt, why is Vi scum?
Why are people so keen to put words in my mouth?

______

This message has been brought to you by MattP, the master of deflection
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Because there is very little reason to why we are town and I really, really don't like being called town with little reasoning regardless of my alignment

Matt, answer my question

-Mara

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”