Oversoul:
thenewearth
(1)
Nachomamma8:
Syryana

(3)
Not Voting:
implosion, Remilia Scarlet, Amethyst Kitty

With 23 votes in play, it takes 12 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, May 25th at 11 PM CST.

End of Day 1(expired on 2013-05-25 23:00:00)

CarbonFiber is V/LA until the 9th. hp [leaves] is V/LA until the 11th. Nibelung is V/LA until the 12th.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I have not slept in 32 hours.
Finals.

I asked you that question because there were too many assumptions to make, to make conclusions. In particular, I thought it was scummy, but then the accusation as to why it was scummy to say what you said, involves too many assumptions, such as familiarity with the story enough to know that no town themed character would have that posting restriction. To me, role-fishing has a negative connotation attached, but I thought about the ambiguity in the circumstance and thought it best to ask you before, just throwing accusations with a load of inductive leaps thrown in.

I can't even write this post well. Too many commas.

About those players I don't have the time or the right frame of mind to write that particular wall. Which would inevitably follow from the questions I would ask of each of them.

If I were in my right mind right now I would:

Vote Gamma
Throw an accusation at Syrana (but for entirely different reasons)
And I wouldn't ask that ^2 question. Because...

Your ^2 read, I think I know what you think. But I don't share your level of confidence in that read. So I'm not going hyper defensive on it like you are. That said, it's awesome that you're defending what you see as obvious town picking on those that are on it for scum motivations. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting it. I don't know.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 540, Syryana wrote:
In post 537, ² wrote:syryana, I find your having toastytoast in your town pile to be the oddest part of your sort there. based on his play so far, I am not seeing that at all. why do you think he's town?
I like how he called you out on the blatant WIFOM in his #99. He also gives good reasons as to why you're a scumread in #363. His interactions with you also give me town vibes.

Why do you think he's scum? Not including the WIFOM thing. Since that's pretty much been beaten into the ground at this point.

After going and reading his ISO though I am curious as to why he finds Remilia scummy.

@ToastyToast, why is Remilia scummy?
Remilia has spent way too much time being concerned with things like nachomamma's point system, how to look at hydra's, etc. They've also spent a fuckton of time asking questions, and they have an artificial feel to them. Also the "I don't really like this," "I don't know about this," "I liked this for the most part except for this," etc. sticks out to me. They are not giving any solid opinions. They are making statements without the confidence to back them. Like playing a neutral party because they don't actually have any reads.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 551, Remembrance wrote:I have not slept in 32 hours.
Finals.

I asked you that question because there were too many assumptions to make, to make conclusions. In particular, I thought it was scummy, but then the accusation as to why it was scummy to say what you said, involves too many assumptions, such as familiarity with the story enough to know that no town themed character would have that posting restriction. To me, role-fishing has a negative connotation attached, but I thought about the ambiguity in the circumstance and thought it best to ask you before, just throwing accusations with a load of inductive leaps thrown in.

I can't even write this post well. Too many commas.

About those players I don't have the time or the right frame of mind to write that particular wall. Which would inevitably follow from the questions I would ask of each of them.

If I were in my right mind right now I would:

Vote Gamma
Throw an accusation at Syrana (but for entirely different reasons)
And I wouldn't ask that ^2 question. Because...

Your ^2 read, I think I know what you think. But I don't share your level of confidence in that read. So I'm not going hyper defensive on it like you are. That said, it's awesome that you're defending what you see as obvious town picking on those that are on it for scum motivations. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting it. I don't know.
I so want to vote this

-Mara
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by thenewearth »

I haven't played with bork yet. Is he really like that? The hydra thing and the "IDK what" thing.

Though I'm also pretty concerned about the point system. But I don't really know how it works so I don't really mind it much
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Remembrance »

@Syrana, Story time: You're a traveling water melon salesmen, the water melons = reads. You stop and the people gather around you to buy that fruit. But the fruit isn't there. "Wait a second" you say, "the water melons are in the back. I will get them, one at a time as each of you gives me your names and pays me."You could of course, just unload the fruit all at once and use a burlap sack to collect the coins. But that would hurry the speed in which you would sell out and need to go back to get more water melons.

^ do you see the problem with this?

Back to studying.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Toastguywhatever wrote:Remilia has spent way too much time being concerned with things like nachomamma's point system, how to look at hydra's, etc. They've also spent a fuckton of time asking questions, and they have an artificial feel to them. Also the "I don't really like this," "I don't know about this," "I liked this for the most part except for this," etc. sticks out to me. They are not giving any solid opinions. They are making statements without the confidence to back them. Like playing a neutral party because they don't actually have any reads.
Revvin' up that spin cycle there

Nacho's point system is superficially awful and I wanted him to throw me a bone on why that system and why use it in this game; he is not willing to so I have to wait and expect some sort of application at some time.

I think I made, what, 1 or 2 posts about what a hydra is or is not at the most? Why aren't you getting on the people who started that dumb as shit "scum mason" conversation that led from the hydra thing? Because that was bad; what I said was not.

I have spent time asking questions! Why is that bad? How do they seem "artificial"?

If you can't infer that if I "like something" I think it's town motivated and vice versa I can't help you.

If I were confident in a read that I was reasonably sure would flip scum I'd be voting them. How is lack of confidence scummy? Because I'll admit right here that I'm guilty of that.

@TNE: what do YOU think of my content? #554 is a pretty tacit acquiescence to #552 - do you buy what he's trying to sell you there? Have you attempted to read me yourself?

@Kitty: I have a gut (somewhat meta as well) townread on Remembrance. I think you're barking up the wrong tree.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Remilia: I was thinking that you (bork) have been doing that but the other head is not doing that. I was thinking that was some playstyle thing or something. That's why I was asking if you've always been like that
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I don't understand what you're asking -- and you certainly weren't directing the question at me at the time. Although I don't know why you would possibly think it's unreasonable for one head to play differently than another.
beefycheese
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:47 pm

In post 558, borkjerfkin wrote:I don't understand what you're asking -- and you certainly weren't directing the question at me at the time. Although I don't know why you would possibly think it's unreasonable for one head to play differently than another.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by thenewearth »

I was not asking you because it's pretty WIFOM when you answer your style yourself. I'll believe it when someone else says it though based on past games
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Or you know, you could meta me.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

@Remilia: Its not that you like things, its that its always "I like this, but also there is this..." Its putting you in a position where you can say "LOL I DIDNT REALLY THINK IT WAS SCUMMY GUSY"
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Yes sometimes I like several pieces of a post but not the entire post. Problem?

What's the last part about? I might try to handwave some of my earlier statements away because they were worded in a certain way?
I won't even attempt to defend against that bit of postulating, considering I haven't actually, you know,
done
that at all.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Also TNE you dodged my question; do you agree with what was posed in #552 as being legitimate scumtells? If so, why?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Oh I missed that.

No I really didn't think of that as a scumtell or something as of late.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 556, Remilia Scarlet wrote: Why aren't you getting on the people who started that dumb as shit "scum mason" conversation that led from the hydra thing? Because that was bad; what I said was not.
Why should he?
Who or what was scummy about it?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:18 pm

@tne: ...then why did you even make #554 if it doesn't matter whether or not this is my normal style? What are you trying to uncover about me here?

p-edit: Because that was one of toast's talking points on me, and I think my contribution to the discussion was more rational than HP's (who I think took the hydra comparison in the most obtuse way possible in #79 and started a really dumb conversation to boot)
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by thenewearth »

I was pretty much curious about it. I don't think it's scummy since I don't have anything that contradicts something.

But

If someone actually points it out then boom
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:22 pm

I don't understand what you're saying. What is "it"? Who is contradicting what?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by thenewearth »

"It" means the stuff in 552 that I address in 554. And no one is contradicting nothing. That's why I don't think stuff in 552 is scummy
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:30 pm

We are having trouble communicating and we need to start over.

#552 is a mini case on me.

I don't understand the point of view you're trying to express in #554. You're looking for meta on me, as a response to #552,
for what purpose?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by thenewearth »

If I should change my read on you based on what toasty was pointing out.

Was significantly scummy? Is that really that out of line? Should I note that which makes Remillia a scum?
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 pm

tne wrote:If I should change my read on you based on what toasty was pointing out.
Didn't you just say you didn't find any of the stuff he brought up in #552 compelling? How does meta on me make it more or less compelling? Wouldn't my alignment in those games matter? I feel like we're talking in circles.

I don't understand the bottom line of your last post even a little bit.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by thenewearth »

That's why I don't really meta.

And why I was asking if bork was really like that or something, based on previous experience with you

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”