MICRO 172: DRAGON BALL Z [TOWN WIN]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 6:13 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 172, Ghostlin wrote:Back on Sword for a minute: I want to see his catch up post. If he tries to prod dodge again, he'll be a likely candidate.
It wasn't the prod dodge per se that clanged. That's all I'll say atm because I don't want to tell him what to fix in his next post.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 161, TheIrishPope wrote:RVS, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF IT
AT THIS STAGE SUSPICIONS DON'T MATTER BECAUSE IT'S ALL INSTINCT
I'm not one to shout, sorry.
this post is fake can we lynch this guy plzkthx
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 7:54 am

Post by PimHel »

@TheNE can you look back which post it was that started your suspicions?

@Dr. P
Can you tell me which arguments keep standing against Pope and Ghostlin after you leave everything out that you could see as ' shitty play'?

@hamlet
Where's Fuzzy?

@Ffery
I don't see the change in tone from Omens. Could you give more input on this?
And I need some input from Bacde about this as well.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Bacde »

oh snaps i forgot I was voting for sword

this vote will stay until sword's next post
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 11:38 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

post incoming..
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 114, thenewearth wrote:Guys this is a chk game. So don't assume scum numbers.

Though ghost looks pretty opportunistic.

About the number of scum. 9p game. I think I would also say 2 scums. But meh... IDK if ghost's statement was scumslip or speculating town.

What's the votecount?
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

Ok..first of all:
UNVOTE:

Ghost:
While his vote on Pope is fine, I think his “no one else vote or you’re scum” is overkill…Announcing L-2 would have been enough..hell even adding something like, I’d prefer no quick-lynch would have been fine if you wanted to get your point out..but saying a vote on Pope is auto scum claim seems over the top to me…For the most part his arguments are pretty sound and he stays on point.. i have him as town.

Bacde:
Says he reaction tested Pope..from RVS? I wouldn’t really call Bacbe’s “Pope is scum just because” any real pressure...Pope pretty much shrugged it off… I also didn’t see Pope’s “bad townie impression” that Bac mentions in his #66 either. After that statement, though I can see that Pope’s initial vote on me does seem a bit odd (and yes, for the main reason already mentioned..to say someone is fishy but let’s just RVS doesn’t seem right). But I took it as him not really taking Bacde serious…FWIW, I am leaning slightly town with Bacde…

Pope:
Only after Pope gets his 2nd and 3rd vote does he start to react…he reacted by attacking Ghost’s Vote on him and pointing out what he thinks is a scumslip, and although I don’t agree with it being a scum slip, I can see where it can be thought of as one…I have to say I really didn’t care for Pope ignoring Ghost’s #93 and instead going for the extra push on the whole “You guys are all aliens” slip as it did seem to be reaching a bit, however he does gets a point for conceding to Ghost in his #98 ..
For the most part I have Pope as town.

DrP:
I really did not like his #112 at all…as it struck a bad vibe with me…his take on the case is : “Which of the two are scummier?”
As if he already has it in his mind that he will be backing a lynch for either of the two (probably whichever one is more optimistic for him) His take on Pope being scummy for filler-posts and his RVS vote when out of RVS. First of all, Pope to me seems excited for this game (says he’s a fan) and he is actively posting in the thread before game was officially started..I wouldn’t necessarily hold his “filler-posts” against him (considering the game didn’t start until page 3 and Dr.P posted this at the top of 5) ….As far as voting RVS after it’s been broken? I couldn’t tell that we were out of RVS because I didn’t know that Bac was serious with his vote…his vote on Pope was originally an RVS vote and then he just kept saying pretty much “nope, he’s scum”..Even Ghost had to ask Bac if his vote was serious…so the whole argument about RVS vote after RVS is invalid… Funny thing to me is that his points against Ghost are better than his points against Pope, yet he says he’s willing to vote Pope…I’ve also noted how he didn’t even talk about anyone else in his post, but instead asks everyone else for input. I can definitely see DrP scum.
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

TNE:
Definitely needs attention…why hasn’t Dr.P called out TNE for “Filler” ?
He is skirting by with no actual input…says he’s suspicious of Ghost for a while now, votes Ghost…but has no reason for it?
I could easily see TNE as scum and will happily vote for this slot…
Also, I thought this was hilarious:
In post 114, thenewearth wrote:Guys this is a chk game. So don't assume scum numbers.

About the number of scum. 9p game. I think I would also say 2 scums.
And all in the same post, even…

Fferyllt:
although there’s not much from her, her questioning are pointed and look to have some decent reasoning behind them, rather than just asking questions simply to be asking them (which I like). Null with a slight dab of town sauce…

Pim:
Again, not a whole lot from him either, but i did like his #130…and his #132 which mirrored my thinking…which makes me like him for town...

Hamlet:
Although there isn’t a whole lot from him at this point, I do like Fuzzy’s #126…Null for now.

TLDR version:
T--S
Pope
Ghost
Pim
Ffery
Bacde
Hamlet
TNE
DrP

Vote: DrP

Also, just a quick note on my sched...i am V/LA on weekends and i only have my phone...
i do not have good reception at my house as it pretty much is a black hole...
So if i post on weekends , it will usually be at night from a coffee shop on my phone...so it won't be much...
i will make time when needed for deadlines, etc)
During the week i can post from work and usually don't have a prob posting every day (except when shit gets nuts)
so there shouldn't be any issues...

So yeh:

@MOD: V/LA for the weekend
I’ll pop in when and if I can…
- Sword of Omens -
Hamlet
Hamlet
Townie
Hamlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Hamlet »

Pimhel- I'm here.
I often forget about this account.
Bacde, I'm actually reading pope as more town than scum.
Ghostlin, I'm not too sure about. It seems as if some posts are townish and some are scumish. I'll discuss him with Bel a bit and perhaps he has a better idea on him than I do.
I'm still waiting on Omen's post.
Bacde, how do you forget your vote?

--Fuzzy

P-edit: Oh, there it is. I'll read that now.
Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Hydra of Belisarius and Fuzzybutternut.
Hamlet
Hamlet
Townie
Hamlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Hamlet »

Alright, Omen's, you stated the two people you found to be most scummy.
Now, if you can definitely see someone as scum, why wouldn't you vote for them?

--Fuzzy
Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Hydra of Belisarius and Fuzzybutternut.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

he did put a vote down.

Idic
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

@Hamlet. Its more of me just saying if you think someone is suspicious, vote for them. Because if you arent suspicious of them being scummy, what exactly are you suspicious of them for? Admittedly, I am in no position to say this because I myself havent voted for people I find suspicious, but well thats me, I'm a cautious voter.

@Pim Its not really more of an attack to Pope as it was to both of them making cases against each other based on things which arent necessarily scummy to begin with. Take pope's stance on why ghost is scum. Like making assumptions, and stating your stance on something like reaction tests arent really scummy to begin with. Or that the discussion of a cult that happened between them when it is known that cults are banned in closed normal. So what O think stands between them? 1) hypocritical posts like when Ghost accuses me of using WIFOM as an argument when a) his post was full of WIFOM to begin with and b) he answers with more WIFOM 2) banking on scum slips. Yeah, in my games, I've seen more scummy people accuse other people of scum slips, so its more of a gut feel when someone banks on slips. 3) posts which are just there to get town cred like "dont vote this man at L-2 or you're scum" and calling for everyone's reads and threatening to see them as scum when that person himself has not given out reads. So the term "shit play" might have been to harsh, but a lot of the things they accuse each other of aren't really scummy.

I'm seeing dissonance when it comes to Fuzzy and Bel's posts. Bel asks me whats wrong with being suspicious but when Fuzzy asks sword, "if he finds people scummy, why dont you vote for them?" So correct me if I'm wrong there.

Pope, PimHel also voted for you and jumped the potential bw, why is Ghost scummier?

As for my answer to sword.
1) that post was an answer to Ghost asking us to comment on his argument with Pope. Hmm, Indid mention the possibility of a town v town in another post I think (not sure). 1) how is it that I already have in mind that one of them will be lynched when I havent voted for either of them. So theyre saying one of the other is scum, I don't see anything wrong with me looking at who is scummier from either of them.
2) I think we're out of RVS when someone makes a serious vote, me and Ghost asked about it and he confirmed, so yeah there. Also I was talking about the filler of a) asking the mod non game related questions when we are out of pre game and b) "d-d-d-d-d-double post"
3) i read TNE as null because there was little contribution, cquse of V/LA. So the fillers came in pre game. And she also is suspicious of Ghostlin.
4) if you think my case against Ghostlin is stronger, it doesnt automatically mean I should too.
5) i've made more posts, not just 112. Inthink like a few posts later I gave my reads too.
6) the weirdest thing I've seen from your post is the fact that you vote for me cause I assume that one is scum, where as PimHel voted fo me cause "he doesnt get the feeling that I am suspicious of either player" so major dissonance on the wagon on me there. You say his 132 mirrors your post, but you two have completely different reasons. Uhm, lolwhutt?
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

In post 186, DoctorPepper wrote: Pope, PimHel also voted for you and jumped the potential bw, why is Ghost scummier?
Ghost is scummier because he specifically asked everyone to not vote for me. It seems counterintuitive.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 182, sword_of_omens wrote:
TNE:
He is skirting by with no actual input…says he’s suspicious of Ghost for a while now, votes Ghost…but has no reason for it?

I actually do have a reason to vote for Ghostlin.

About the number speculation: I meant that I would have ALSO assumed 2 in 9p. But a past chk game made me think otherwise
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by thenewearth »

EBWODP:
In post 188, thenewearth wrote:
In post 182, sword_of_omens wrote:
TNE:

I actually do have a reason to vote for Ghostlin.

About the number speculation: I meant that I would have ALSO assumed 2 in 9p. But a past chk game made me think otherwise

Damn I messed that up quite badly
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Post by PimHel »

I like Omens' posts.
@Pope, Ffery and Ghostlin
What do you guys think of Dr. P?

@Dr. P
My point actually was that in your first big post and a little one afterwards, you also used ' shitty play' for reasons why Pope/ Ghostlin are scummy. It's weird that you want them to ignore the ' shitty plays' .
Furthermore, the weak pushes against Hamlet are bad.
Dr. P wrote:@Hamlet. Its more of me just saying if you think someone is suspicious, vote for them. Because if you arent suspicious of them being scummy, what exactly are you suspicious of them for? Admittedly, I am in no position to say this because I myself havent voted for people I find suspicious, but well thats me, I'm a cautious voter.
Dr. P wrote:I'm seeing dissonance when it comes to Fuzzy and Bel's posts. Bel asks me whats wrong with being suspicious but when Fuzzy asks sword, "if he finds people scummy, why dont you vote for them?" So correct me if I'm wrong there.
And this is scummy as well. It's a weak jab to discredit our arguments:
Dr. P wrote:6) the weirdest thing I've seen from your post is the fact that you vote for me cause I assume that one is scum, where as PimHel voted fo me cause "he doesnt get the feeling that I am suspicious of either player" so major dissonance on the wagon on me there. You say his 132 mirrors your post, but you two have completely different reasons. Uhm, lolwhutt?
He mentioned my point as well, only worded it differently:
Omens wrote:his take on the case is : “Which of the two are scummier?”
As if he already has it in his mind that he will be backing a lynch for either of the two (probably whichever one is more optimistic for him)
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 3:53 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Now where the hell did I use "shitty play" for reasons I found them scummy? I said we should distinguish scummy plays from bad town plays. Thanks for the misrep right there. And how is it a weak push on Hamlet? No, your posts were not in sync, thats why I said that. How exactly are those things scummy? Are you willing to explain or are you just saying "this is scummy cause I dont agree with it"
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 126, Hamlet wrote:Pope: you've been pretty adamant about this whole "slip" ordeal, and now it looks as if you're only trying to put more suspicion on Ghostlin after the idea had been dismissed.
It's almost as if you want him lynched regardless of what he does.

@Ghostlin: Speculation of the setup isn't going to get us anywhere, and as far as the "quick hammering" thing goes, Bel is right. That's damn near suicidal to do as scum.

Pope, if you will, please summarize why you think Ghostlin is scum
Ghostlin, please explain why your vote on Pope isn't OMGUS.

--Fuzz
In post 187, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 186, DoctorPepper wrote: Pope, PimHel also voted for you and jumped the potential bw, why is Ghost scummier?
Ghost is scummier because he specifically asked everyone to not vote for me. It seems counterintuitive.
That's mostly because I didn't want you at L-1 at Page 5 so you wouldn't be hammered or self-hammer as scum.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here. This is the ONLY reason I can get out of you that you suspect me, and it's bullshit. I've debunked this and the others as well.

Off topic: what do you feel about Hamlet?

To answer someone about DP, something's wrong and I've not determined what yet. I liked #186 until I found this tidbit:
DoctorPepper wrote:1) how is it that I already have in mind that one of them will be lynched when I havent voted for either of them. So theyre saying one of the other is scum, I don't see anything wrong with me looking at who is scummier from either of them.
It's a bit early, but this seems to be setting up cognitive dissonance of what's known as a 1v1: Ghostlin and TIP are accusing each other of being scum, ergo one of them must be the separate alignment of the other. From
his
perspective, he has no way of knowing this.

I'm getting scum vibes off of Hamlet. However, I want TIP's answer first.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 189, thenewearth wrote:I actually do have a reason to vote for Ghostlin.
What's the reason? No, seriously, your last two posts are void of any sort of reasoning for your vote, or who you find scummy.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:29 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 177, PimHel wrote:@Ffery
I don't see the change in tone from Omens. Could you give more input on this?
And I need some input from Bacde about this as well.
The apologetic tone of the post he made right before Bacde's vote sounded an off note to me. His next post looked better IMO.

Idic
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 192, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 126, Hamlet wrote:Pope: you've been pretty adamant about this whole "slip" ordeal, and now it looks as if you're only trying to put more suspicion on Ghostlin after the idea had been dismissed.
It's almost as if you want him lynched regardless of what he does.

@Ghostlin: Speculation of the setup isn't going to get us anywhere, and as far as the "quick hammering" thing goes, Bel is right. That's damn near suicidal to do as scum.

Pope, if you will, please summarize why you think Ghostlin is scum
Ghostlin, please explain why your vote on Pope isn't OMGUS.

--Fuzz
In post 187, TheIrishPope wrote:
That's mostly because I didn't want you at L-1 at Page 5 so you wouldn't be hammered or self-hammer as scum.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here. This is the ONLY reason I can get out of you that you suspect me, and it's bullshit. I've debunked this and the others as well.

To answer someone about DP, something's wrong and I've not determined what yet. I liked #186 until I found this tidbit:
DoctorPepper wrote:1) how is it that I already have in mind that one of them will be lynched when I havent voted for either of them. So theyre saying one of the other is scum, I don't see anything wrong with me looking at who is scummier from either of them.
It's a bit early, but this seems to be setting up cognitive dissonance of what's known as a 1v1: Ghostlin and TIP are accusing each other of being scum, ergo one of them must be the separate alignment of the other. From
his
perspective, he has no way of knowing this.

I'm getting scum vibes off of Hamlet. However, I want TIP's answer first.
Whoops. Ignore #126 on there, I was going to say something about Hamlet, then decided to ask TIP first.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:21 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

In post 190, PimHel wrote:
ISO #12: Asks for my reads instead of providing his right away. Then he says this:
In post 137, DoctorPepper wrote: Bacde, to me, he's trying to hard to prove he's town by saying stuff like
tryst me when I say I wear my alignment on my sleeve and its easy to tell
And then does the exact same thing in ISO #18.
ISO #18: "We as town" seems forced. Also, the whole post reeks of WIFOM, which doesn't help at all.
I should stick to my word.
VOTE: DoctorPepper
In post 192, Ghostlin wrote:

Yes, but I do not understand why you voted for me but don't want me dead. THAT seems counterintuitive, and doesn't help, really.
Hamlet is pretty spot on. He has made some enlightening posts, keeping it simple, etc. I don't see them as scum at the moment.

Your thoughts on Hamlet go go go
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 9:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 190, PimHel wrote:@Pope, Ffery and Ghostlin
missed this earlier.

I am not liking parts of some of his posts. I'm trying to figure out specifics with a little precision so I can do a meta dive, but probably won't make much progress in that direction until later today or tomorrow due to other game commitments. I'm not liking TNE's contributions so far, either, but I get the impression the low content, low commitment style of play is typical of him.

Idic
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Both heads are soft buddying you, TIP, that's what I don't like about him. Bel's #174 is a distant defense of your play style eariler, Fuzzy's #183 reads you 'more town than scum'. He's also declined to make a hard read of anyone all game.

Unvote.

Vote: Hamlet
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 196, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 190, PimHel wrote:
ISO #12: Asks for my reads instead of providing his right away. Then he says this:
In post 137, DoctorPepper wrote: Bacde, to me, he's trying to hard to prove he's town by saying stuff like
tryst me when I say I wear my alignment on my sleeve and its easy to tell
And then does the exact same thing in ISO #18.
ISO #18: "We as town" seems forced. Also, the whole post reeks of WIFOM, which doesn't help at all.
I should stick to my word.
VOTE: DoctorPepper
Hmm, I asked for your reads ISO 12, cause before that you were clamoring for everyone to give you reads when you yourself have not done so. Now how is that less scummy than me asking you for reads, then giving them in the same post?

Hmm, I dont even think youre trying to get the point of what I said on ISO 18, I was asking for this whole stoppage for the pointless arguments you two have been having based on non scummy behavior. So I was calling for everyone to stop making shit cases, hence "we as town"

This is weird, I had a town read from you because I provided my reads, then all of a sudden I am scummy? Coincidentally this came when I called your cases against each other not scummy cases and when I held suspicion against you.

So I'm willing to think there is at least 1 scum on my wagon and PimHel reads town, meh on sword. But you, with your hypocritical play and misrepping?

VOTE: TIP
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”