Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1146, Maxous wrote:
In post 1126, Magua wrote: The "unable to secure a mislynch" was because of the failed Metal Sonic wagon. By extension, continuing the hypothetical, it would imply AngstyMatters + Nibelung buddies, but I never extrapolated that far.
Your theory that Nibel replaced out because one mislynch wagon fell apart + and you giving him scum points for it is suspiciously weak.
Rather than just..any number of life issues.
Hey, Maxous.

Maxous.

Find where I said Nibel replaced out because of one mislynch without using the word "hypothetically" RIGHT IN FUCKING FRONT.

Actually, find where I said Nibelung was scummy at all.

I'll wait.
AngstyMatters wrote:obviously you can't see where i am coming from :roll:
being wrapped up in your own logic
Hey. 4nxi3ty. We've played together before. So, quick quiz:
I, 4nxi3ty, have seen Magua change his read on someone based on shit other people have said. True/false?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 1149, AngstyMatters wrote:Would letting a discussion happen about sonic be so bad?
It has consumed half the day period.
People are calling him town or scum and many have explained why i.e. that is discussing him.

I'm not buying this.

And ftr
In post 221, AngstyMatters wrote:
hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4934217 time=1367867283 user_id=10128 post_num=206]
In post 199, AngstyMatters wrote:Hito uses day talk in his games but I wasn't even thinking about that.
Day talk is standard
I'm going to need a source on that.
I've been playing for two years, my word is your source
If you guys beleive Day talk is standard, why would the scum-team would ever allow MS to hammer Gamma unclaimed.
That would be real stupid on thier part.

-

P-edit:
In post 1150, Magua wrote:Actually, find where I said Nibelung was scummy at all.
In post 1002, Magua wrote:
Really
interested why Nibelung went from taking the time to reread Gamma's posts, taking time Sunday to reread the topic (as per ), to replacing out.
The implication was obvious.

So if you're not calling him scummy then the point of the statement in #1002 was..?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 am

Post by AngstyMatters »

Hey. 4nxi3ty. We've played together before. So, quick quiz:
I, 4nxi3ty, have seen Magua change his read on someone based on shit other people have said. True/false?
been a while, don't remember. Probly true.

humor me on this:

MS>"i ISO'd these people. Pimhel is town"
4nx> "explanation?"
MS> "Pimhel has solid reads"
...Pimhel never gave reads.

unless I am mistaken that was a flat out lie about reading Pimhel's ISO?

now maybe he is town who mixed up his words or was being
extremely
lazy with his reads, but i'm inclined to think scum. (do you see why i think flat out lying outweighs scum-wouldn't-hammer-like-that or too scummy to be scum logic?)
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

CF is right about thenewearth's wagon jump. Makes me want him dead all over again.

I definitely think the Toasty wagon is better than the MS wagon.
Unvote. Vote: ToastyToast.
(L-2)
Syryana wrote:While I'm thinking about it, reactions to my case: Nacho (dealt with this), AK (called it bad, no reason), Vi (no idea what she actually thinks about it, other than it's not convincing enough to move from Toasty), Rem(called it bad), Kalimar (liked part of it, didn't like Nacho part). Toast, Maxous, AM, hp leaves, TNE, MS have ignored it. I want more people to provide feedback.
I can't bring myself to have any interest in a Nacho lynch today. So many better alternatives. Also most of your points are meta related, and it's very rare that I'm convinced by meta arguments.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 1118, Vi wrote:We interrupt your regularly scheduled hatred to point out that we're not lynching Nacho or Syryana Today and any posts suggesting otherwise are wastes of time.
In post 1121, Remembrance wrote:
hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4978497 time=1369389281 user_id=10128 post_num=1110]
In post 1104, Remembrance wrote:Was that town slip legit?
what town slip?
Reasoning: -> ^2 is probably town -> ^2 is already dead -> If ^2 is dead and MS was scum he would know that ^2 was dead because he would have talked to his scum buddies about it -> MS is town.
>.>

We could lynch remembrance. We could. Just after MS.
In post 1126, Magua wrote: Remembrance is town (). Yes, I'm literally flip-flopping my read based on this one post.
Dry-fit is so fucking town (#1048)
Metal Sonic remains town.
You give some links to why Dry-fit and Rem are town. Sure. But why doesn't MS have a point? :V Buddy much?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

probs getting lynched--just don't let CF Riot and Implosion slip UTR, they have the most compromising/inauthentic pushes of the group.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by implosion »

Metal sonic didn't need to townslip to still be town :s.

Also toasty, i haven't really "pushed" on you yet - i've stated that i approved of the wagon. I haven't even voted you, which is consistent with my saying that i have not yet read as fully into your iso as i want to. Which I plan to do more today.
tne wrote: >.>

We could lynch remembrance. We could. Just after MS.
nooooo. bad TNE. rem is also town. For pointing out the townslip among other things. I am of the opinion that it's a townslip although i really don't need that to have a giant townread on metal sonic.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1145, Magua wrote:And then there's Metal Sonic being so obviously, obviously terrible town that I actually have trouble fathoming anyone who says otherwise. This isn't "I think you're wrong, but can see where you're coming from," this is "I would prefer to think that you are a lying scumbag because if you legitimately believe the things coming out of your mouth, we share no common reality."
hey I actually liked this post.
In post 1152, AngstyMatters wrote:was being extremely lazy with his reads,
Please read his games.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Kalimar »

@TT: You said:
"Remilia Scarlet (I think her response to pressure yesterday was townish, but today they have gone lurk-mode. And on a hydra, too.")
and still left him in the scum pile - I don't see how I'm meant to infer that your read on him 'weakened significantly' from that.

Re: '
There is nothing that suggests "Gamma wouldn't bus one buddy and distance from another"
' - On day one, I don't see this being smart play, particularly when he only implicated Sajin, MS and TNE. I could see a bus/distance on one of the three, but no more. Unless Gamma has a history for this type of play I don't see two of the above trio being on the scum team together barring solid evidence. If he does, I would actually like to hear about it. Do you actually think a Sajin/MS scum-team is still likely?

Re: Night possibilities: We know there are mafia. We know there is (well, was) a suiciding role in this game. Other possibilities are contingent on roles we don't know exist or not. I don't have percentages, but the simplest answer is often the most likely. If later information contradicts this, it will be taken into account. (Note: I myself said Oversoul did not definitely suicide-block RS. But it is likely and definitely should be at least considered in reads which I think you should have done.)

-----

@ Syryana: See page 15 and 16 for Gamma/Nacho interactions. #375 and 376 particularly. I could be wrong, but I don't think Gamma would bother waffling away at another scum partner like that to try and shift their vote.

I find proactive people to be more likely to be town because Town is motivated to find scum. Scum is obviously not. If the town are not proactive, scum can hide in amongst them far more easily (the apathy strike is particularly bad for town). It does have to be relevant to scumhunting, though, else it's just a more advanced form of active lurking. There is a meta component to it, but I don't have experiential meta with anyone here so as a general measure it's one thing I do look for.

-----

@ CF Riot: Why the TT vote and why so confident about it?

-----

@ implosion: Did you ever read up on Nacho based on your gut read as per #931 and what do you make of Syryana's case on him? Is Magua still a suspect - what do you make of his recent posts?

-----

@AM: Given MS's troll-tastic responses today, I don't think he's ever going to be that engaged in the way you expect. He just gave a 'probtown' read on a dead player. One thing you might think about, perhaps... How would town-Sonic and scum-Sonic act differently based on what you know of him so far?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 32 (Day 2, VC 7)

(9)
ToastyToast:
Kalimar, Vi, Nachomamma8, Remilia Scarlet, CarbonFiber, Metal Sonic, Syryana, CF Riot, Dry-Fit [L-2]
(4)
AngstyMatters:
Remembrance, Sajin, Magua, Maxous
(4)
Metal Sonic:
AngstyMatters, ToastyToast, thenewearth, hp [leaves]
(1)
Remembrance:
Amethyst Kitty
(0)
Maxous:
(Dry-Fit)

(2)
Not Voting:
MonkeyMan576, implosion
(CF Riot)

With 20 votes in play, it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, June 1st at 2 PM CST.

Day Two Deadline(expired on 2013-06-01 14:00:00)

MonkeyMan576 replaces Nibelung! Welcome, MonkeyMan576!

Vi is V/LA until May 28th.

Due to the many Memorial Day V/LA's, and considering I have Saturdays off for activity anyway, I'll just count Sunday off as well. Enjoy the break.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Hi everyone, if anyone wants to give me a basic rundown of what I've missed, that would be great, or it will take a while for me to read the thread.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Hi Monkeyman. I don't think I could give a proper summary it seems... really complicated to summarize. I'll give the gist, but you should probably go back. Replacements have a knack for noticing things everyone else misses.

There was a pretty large push to lynch ^2 (VT), Vi derailed that wagon and pushed for a Gamma lynch which succeeded (he was scum).
Today, There are 3 wagons. Angstymatters(originally pushed by Vi, who has since moved his vote to Toastytoast), MS(Who we are discussing a lot of), and Toastytoast who is quickly becoming the favored wagon.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Remembrance »

...Yeah, thinking about it, you should probably just go back and read. The summary is inadequate. How long do you think it will take you to get up to speed?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Maybe 24-48 hours for a solid readthrough.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

I had something to say regarding Dry's vote. I then poked Mara about it and then proceeded to fall asleep and forgot to correctly explain. Ill be back tomorrow evening to figure out what I was going to say. >.>
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

VOTE: Remembrance

What is up with your fishy questions?
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 12:10 am

Post by Syryana »

Kalimar wrote:@ Syryana: See page 15 and 16 for Gamma/Nacho interactions. #375 and 376 particularly. I could be wrong, but I don't think Gamma would bother waffling away at another scum partner like that to try and shift their vote.

I find proactive people to be more likely to be town because Town is motivated to find scum. Scum is obviously not. If the town are not proactive, scum can hide in amongst them far more easily (the apathy strike is particularly bad for town). It does have to be relevant to scumhunting, though, else it's just a more advanced form of active lurking. There is a meta component to it, but I don't have experiential meta with anyone here so as a general measure it's one thing I do look for.
Thanks for this, Kalimar. Though, I disagree on those interactions. You say that it is unlikely gamma would try waffling at his scumpartner to shift his vote, when Gamma pretty explicitly stated that he's not bothering to do so (#376). If anything, Gamma tries to underplay Nacho's involvement in the wagon on Gamma, calling Nacho's sheep of Vi "not comment-worthy" and saying Nacho "didn't have any reads that [Gamma] cares about" (#362). If anything, that exchange looks more like Gamma was giving Nacho solid reasons to be voting Gamma (given Nacho never moved his vote throughout the rest of the day it seems it worked pretty well).
Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1152, AngstyMatters wrote:was being extremely lazy with his reads,
Please read his games.
While it rather chaps my hide to be agreeing with Nacho at this point, this is town Metal Sonic. Stop tunnelling MS and talk about someone else (@AngstyMatters).

Hey, Remembrance just gave a thread summary. Shouldn't that mean he's scum, AK? :P
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:12 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Just to show I'm not flaking, I've read the first 10 pages:

Post #44: Nacho asks Budley for a truce(-1)

Post #45: Nacho attacks a random vote.(-1)

Post#47: Carbon votes Nacho(+1)

Post #52: FSnake votes PimHel RVS when there is already non-RVS content.(-1)

Post #68: 2 attacks Nacho(+1)

Post#84: Maxous votes without a good reason(-1)

Post#99: Toasty Toast calls out 2 for WIFOM. I hate WIFOM(+1)

Post #135: Solid post from Kitty.(+1)

Post #137: Rememberence backs Kitty(+1)

Post #143: Metal Sonic doesn't know that we're not in RVS anymore(-1)

Post #144: CF Riot attacks Metal(+1)

Post #144: HP makes a good point about Angsty's "townslip"(+1). Votes him later.

Post #151: disagree with 2 on defending WIFOM.(-1)

Post #158: Remila backs off 2 wagon(-1)

Post #159: Good multi-subject post from Kalimar(+1)

Post #160-167: 2 posts several times when it could all have been done in one post. He looks nervous.(-2)

Post #190: Remila does a good job explaining hydra's vs. Masons(+1)

Scumreads: 2, Nacho, Metal Leaning Scum: FSnake
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Remembrance »

hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4980870 time=1369462017 user_id=10128 post_num=1165]VOTE: Remembrance

:neutral: Why are all of your questions bad? Sometimes, questions are less for the recipient than for those listening in. That was one such question. I'm not explaining further, you've been hampering my effectiveness twice now. The question still stands and I would still like it to be answered.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Remembrance »

Actually, shouldn't you be asking that question and then voting depending on my responses?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Remembrance »

*Correction, this is the first time you've actually hampered it. RS asked first last time, though you asked the same question (?)
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Remembrance »

hp [leaves wrote: post_id=4980870 time=1369462017 user_id=10128 post_num=1165]VOTE: Remembrance

This is the weirdest vote I've seen in a while. :? The more I think on it, the less sense it makes. Do you still think MS is scum? Why are you voting me for fishy questions? Why did you vote me before getting an answer to your question? Does the answer even matter then? Why is it a stretch to point out a town slip that may or may not be a town slip? Do you actually care what MS's alignment is? Why do you care about my questions specifically, and why did you vote me only after that MS question, but not my earlier ones? Everyone could theoretically be lying, so do you choose to believe no one? No, obviously you have your own standards of what is and isn't town or scum motivated, or does or does not sound like town speaking instead of scum speaking. You already demonstrated this when you were defending Toastytoast, by saying he wouldn't say that as scum. What makes you think MS will lie, and why did you vote me if you think he will since that would mean you voted me over your scum read? Just because Toasty announced he was town in thread, everyone didn't suddenly unvote, which means they didn't believe him. Yes, MS could lie, but it's your motivation to figure out if he is, isn't it?
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Hi. Responding to prod. I am still catching up. On page 10 now.

Angsty, Sajin, Remilia and Nacho read town. TheNewEarth and ToastyToast read scum. I'll post analysis after catching up.

~ F-16
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Syry, You remember your push on Robo and your push on me in the newbie game? your case here is similar to that. It's nitpickish, and made to look like it puts Nacho in a bad light. I got on your case for that kind of thing before though, not going to do it again.

Max, you aren't attacking us either. If we are a scum-read, explain why and engage. Don't float in the background.

all I know about Mala's feelings in regards to Dry is the fact that it put Toast at L2. I think she saw some opportunism there? w/e it was, I'm not seeing it so...

~Mara
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Remembrance »

In post 1117, Syryana wrote:
In post 1116, AngstyMatters wrote:
Syryana wrote:Oversoul flipping Kurapika doesn't prevent scum having access to his fakeclaim, does it? Bad point.
yes it does. A mod wouldn't give scum a fakeclaim that town had, would defeat the purpose of it.
I didn't think about that.
^ What does everyone think about this post? What conclusions do you draw from it?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”