DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 395, Calcifer wrote:you were reading us as town despite the conflicting reads?
I consider hydra disagreement to be rather null, so it wouldn't sway me one way or the other.

@rift - that notes and reads post is pretty much standard for when I replace into games, regardless of my alignment. I realise I didn't replace into this one, but I missed all of RVS and so felt obliged to read through and share my ideas.

And calcifer... I think I'm happy to put ank in town camp with that in mind. It makes sense why he doesn't like them now, and it's something I might think seriously about.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by DOMO »

-rev
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 399, Calcifer wrote:
In post 397, Rift Adrift wrote:How are you feeling about Stevie? I'm finding the pile up of votes in that direction kinda troubling.
I still feel good about Stevie and I hate the wagon on him.
In post 398, Rift Adrift wrote:Re full reads lists I ran into some players on another site this week that consider early-ish day 1 full reads lists to be a scum tell. I have seen some scummy full reads lists before, but it was the reasoning, not the length that made them scummy.
This is Ank coming off a game where he was essentially a vigilante who we (scum) kept alive because he gave a full reads list and the scum were at the top of the list for the whole game. The fact that he tells DOMO not to do it but doesn't really attack him for it feels genuine considering the game that just ended, and I don't really see his reasoning for faking paranoia like that as scum here since it doesn't really accomplish any sort of purpose.
I reread his posts, and with this context it makes more sense. I'm not sure it's a town-tell per se though.

UNVOTE: Ankamius

Syr and I will discuss our vote when he's around again.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 399, Calcifer wrote:
In post 397, Rift Adrift wrote:How are you feeling about Stevie? I'm finding the pile up of votes in that direction kinda troubling.
I still feel good about Stevie and I hate the wagon on him.
In post 398, Rift Adrift wrote:Re full reads lists I ran into some players on another site this week that consider early-ish day 1 full reads lists to be a scum tell. I have seen some scummy full reads lists before, but it was the reasoning, not the length that made them scummy.
This is Ank coming off a game where he was essentially a vigilante who we (scum) kept alive because he gave a full reads list and the scum were at the top of the list for the whole game. The fact that he tells DOMO not to do it but doesn't really attack him for it feels genuine considering the game that just ended, and I don't really see his reasoning for faking paranoia like that as scum here since it doesn't really accomplish any sort of purpose.
I reread his posts, and with this context it makes more sense. I'm not sure it's a town-tell per se though.

UNVOTE: Ankamius

Syr and I will discuss our vote when he's around again.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 400, DOMO wrote:
In post 395, Calcifer wrote:you were reading us as town despite the conflicting reads?
I consider hydra disagreement to be rather null, so it wouldn't sway me one way or the other.

@rift - that notes and reads post is pretty much standard for when I replace into games, regardless of my alignment. I realise I didn't replace into this one, but I missed all of RVS and so felt obliged to read through and share my ideas.

And calcifer... I think I'm happy to put ank in town camp with that in mind. It makes sense why he doesn't like them now, and it's something I might think seriously about.
Like I said, I don't buy that they are scummy by nature. I was surprised at some guys from omgus.net or wherever the hell it was who jumped all over a newb for posting a full reads list.

They are exploitable, though. I exploited a couple vigs elsewhere once upon a time.

Babel-17
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by Calcifer »

In post 402, Rift Adrift wrote:Syr and I will discuss our vote when he's around again.
What are your reads at the moment?
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

I'm wondering about Zdenek. Was about to iso him, but what I remember offhand about his postings is that he's pushing the stevie wagon without laying down much reasoning or trying to engage him.

That's kinda bugging me about several stevie votes. They look poorly supported, bandwagon-ho and (hate this word but what the hell) opportunistic.

Babel-17
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by Calcifer »

I had him as town before, but it's weird that his play has gone on like this for so long.
What do you think of Doc Holliday?
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Voted twice on low hanging but townish looking fruit without much (if any) support, and appeared to be moving in the direction of the now-fading Ank-wagon. Posting style is kinda posture-y. I haven't played with him before so I don't know iuf the posturing is typical. The votes look bad if he's an experienced and usually savvy player. I'll need meta to determine how bad.

Babel-17
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Calcifer »

Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

lol holy shit.

yeah. he needs some votes.

Babel-17
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by Calcifer »

In post 211, DOMO wrote:his posts are starting to look full of fluff (while attempting to appear not fluff)
What does this even mean?
In post 312, DOMO wrote:scummy, speculation on scum numbers seems fake - BRO is scum read
why does it seem fake?
In post 368, DOMO wrote:This could be interesting if doc is scum.
You think that King Crabd would be worried about defending a scumbuddy so early? Against TiP?
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

In post 393, ProHawk wrote:
In post 389, KingCrabd wrote:
I was wondering how long it would take you to revert back to your classic day one play, hawk. I'd usually say you're town for it, but the delayed timing makes it seem forced, kind of like you're trying to invoke your townmeta. Furthermore, do you intend to tell me that my vote served no use? It made it apparent we had a player actively lurking, that is, watching the thread but not posting.

dramonic seems to be set on saying absolutely nothing of value.
You seem a bit more annoyed than normal and, this is quite unlike your town-meta response... soo?

But... going back and reading your post in question it appears you had Dramonic in your scum-pile you had just put a ton of empty lines in between so I missed it and what I was seeing as scummy was a mistake on my part.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BROsideon
A certain head in this hydra is annoyed by just about anything, could explain meta variance.

Other head needs to get back from dinner so we can convene on a view on this interesting conversation about Doc here.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Calcifer »

In post 251, StubbsKVM wrote:
In post 245, Calcifer wrote:Mac, MS, Nero all new townreads. Do you agree?

Could you explain why Nero is town? I'm not seeing it.
He feels town because his stupid deathtunneling is more along the lines of his play in BSG Mafia, as opposed to Unoriginal Mafia or his newbie game. His needlessly aggressive tunneling on Stevie seems more typical of something town would do when they're convinced they have a read as opposed to scum attempting to kill all of their credibility in a single day. That's not exactly a strong read though, so take it with a grain of salt.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Stevie and Evie
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I like BS's 301

Don't like TSO's jump onto MS from a gameplay perspective, but it's null.
In post 328, Ankamius wrote:AFAIK I'm the only person who has justified any scum read on BROseidon. If I'm not, then I'm the only relatively recent one.
You are, which is why I don't have you as a scumread. DOMO/Prohawk on the other hand get scumpoints for not providing original reasoning (okay DOMO provides it later but I'll get to that momentarily).
In post 331, Doc Holliday wrote:Whoa, did anyone else catch Ankamius' shameless buddying/self-meta/calling-self-Town bit in 328? I wasn't sold on Ankamius as scum before, but that's definitely shifting my opinion in that direction
Bad argument+misrep is bad.
In post 338, Ankamius wrote:4. It's an easy way to look town without much risk. If you respond to the wagon, you risk looking even more scummy and having more people pile onto the wagon. It's the same logic that caused the example up above.
How does self-voting make one look town? The entire point of my post was the sarcasm that nobody was actually giving any reasons for calling me scum.
In post 363, T S O wrote:RIGHT. This is starting to get ridiculous. Just so you can't be prodded, you're not asking questions, you're not interacting, you're not scumhunting or participating. You're making useless posts about hydras which have probably already been answered. Start. Doing. Something. With. A. Fucking. Purpose.

/rant over.
That's MS for you.
In post 368, DOMO wrote:scum/null pool
wtf why would you ever organize a reads list this way?

@Domo do you think Ank is powerbussing me, then? You have us both down as likely scum.
In post 387, DOMO wrote:This pinged. Let's try hard not to scumslip. Let's use careful language while speculating about scum numbers.
Wow this logic is terrible. Seriously, that I don't know how many scum there are so I assume some number for a point makes me scum? In what universe does that make sense?

I ISO'd Doc in response to Nacho/ffery's conversation and holy fuck he is much more productive/intelligent in that other game than he has been here? Doc, do you have any other games other than that one that you can link?
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 255, Metal Sonic wrote:T S O, are you the T S O that I know or another one?

StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

In post 373, Zdenek wrote:Still pretty sure we should be lynching stevie.
Think we should run him up to get a claim.
That's about it.

SCUM ALERT
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 412, KingCrabd wrote:
I was wondering how long it would take you to revert back to your classic day one play, hawk. I'd usually say you're town for it, but the delayed timing makes it seem forced, kind of like you're trying to invoke your townmeta. Furthermore, do you intend to tell me that my vote served no use? It made it apparent we had a player actively lurking, that is, watching the thread but not posting.

You seem a bit more annoyed than normal and, this is quite unlike your town-meta response... soo?

But... going back and reading your post in question it appears you had Dramonic in your scum-pile you had just put a ton of empty lines in between so I missed it and what I was seeing as scummy was a mistake on my part.

UNVOTE:
A certain head in this hydra is annoyed by just about anything, could explain meta variance.

Other head needs to get back from dinner so we can convene on a view on this interesting conversation about Doc here
How's this coming along?

Babel-17
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

In post 418, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 412, KingCrabd wrote:

UNVOTE:

Other head needs to get back from dinner so we can convene on a view on this interesting conversation about Doc here
How's this coming along?
I got back from dinner, but he was asleep/offline. We're in different time zones, etc. Also he's not able to stay up very late. We'll geetcha an answer once I get to sit down with him. Which will be tomorrow. You know how that is, what with time zones sucking.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Post by Calcifer »

In post 419, KingCrabd wrote:I got back from dinner, but he was asleep/offline. We're in different time zones, etc. Also he's not able to stay up very late. We'll geetcha an answer once I get to sit down with him. Which will be tomorrow. You know how that is, what with time zones sucking.
Could you get me an answer by tomorrow whether you meet with him or not? Time is of the essence.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Post by DOMO »

Morning. Busy today but I have time over breakfast to respond to people.
In post 411, Calcifer wrote:
In post 211, DOMO wrote:his posts are starting to look full of fluff (while attempting to appear not fluff)
What does this even mean?
In post 312, DOMO wrote:scummy, speculation on scum numbers seems fake - BRO is scum read
why does it seem fake?
In post 368, DOMO wrote:This could be interesting if doc is scum.
You think that King Crabd would be worried about defending a scumbuddy so early? Against TiP?
1. I dunno, that was djd, I'll let him tell you what he's thinking there. There's no explanation in our QT for this vote of his, all I can say is I didn't disagree with the vote to the point I thought "wtf is this". But the fluff comments, you'll have to wait for him for an explanation there.

2. Gut I guess, these are my notes as I read through. I see he's replied so I'll address him directly.

3. It's possible, I don't know tbh. I have limited experience with cabd, and no experience with the others. Again, read up notes. TIP was getting a lot of VI accusations, I don't feel that at all, he's stirring up a lot of shit and it seems to me like he's being discredited. But while there were a few things kingcrab did that pinged slightly, there was the odd townish post too, so there's a good chance I'm barking up the wrong tree here.
In post 415, BROseidon wrote:wtf why would you ever organize a reads list this way?

@Domo do you think Ank is powerbussing me, then? You have us both down as likely scum.
Those I'm null on are in the scum pool and have to town their way out. Putting people in the scum pool gets a reaction, I like reactions.

Do I think ank is bussing you? I don't think so now. It crossed my mind while reading through, sure.
In post 415, BROseidon wrote:Wow this logic is terrible. Seriously, that I don't know how many scum there are so I assume some number for a point makes me scum? In what universe does that make sense?
At the risk of repeating myself, it was gut as I read through. Your reaction to prohawk's list was to vote for him and tell us it was a terrible idea. I didn't think it was a terrible idea, I thought it was a good reaction test. And then you're immediately speculating on scum numbers, and the language seemed careful. "Let's say there's 6 scum" seemed like a deliberate attempt to not scumslip. Maybe that's just me being paranoid. But I've already said why I wanted to post my gut reads as I read through, I'm starting to get a little more faith in my early reads because of recent d1 is where I've been right.

Right now you're the one who I felt was scummiest as I read through. I'm yet to discuss these reads with djd, that will happen soon I hope because while I accept I'm going to be the dominant head here, I respect djd's opinion and will accept I'm being a retard if he thinks so. But you telling me my logic is terrible isn't going to shift me. It wouldn't be the first time scum called me terrible when I was onto something. It also wouldn't be the first time I was talking shit.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Post by DOMO »

ffs sorry I'm doing awful at remembering to sign my post... I just got up and I'm still half asleep, that's my excuse for the last one!

-rev
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 1-2

(as of Post 422)

StevieT92 (5)
- BROseidon, Nero, Zdenek, Baby Spice, The Goat
Nero (3)
- StubbsKVM, Doc Holliday, StevieT92
TheIrishPope (2)
- orcinus_theoriginal, Brian Hollywood
BROseidon (2)
- Ankamius, ProHawk
TMTOLBTWNTOF (1)
- Mac
Ankamius (1)
- TheIrishPope
Mac (1)
- dramonic
dramonic (1)
- KingCrabd
Metal Sonic (1)
- T S O
Doc Holliday (1)
- Calcifer

Not Voting (6)
- Metal Sonic, TMTOLBTWNTOF, truly14, Shadi1337, DOMO, Rift Adrift

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline:
Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 3pm Central Time.

Replacing:

truly14

Prods:

None

V/LAs:

None

Last edited by PeregrineV on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday
Goon
Doc Holliday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:14 am

Post by Doc Holliday »

I've had a very busy weekend, and have only managed a quick skim so far. I'll catch up fully some time this evening, but two things stuck out to me.

First, Nero's gleeful seizing of any excuse to undercut his detractors and avoid explaining his reads solidifies my scum read on him. He's done absolutely everything he can this game to mock, misrepresent, and push wagons on people without providing even the barest of case on them. That's classic scum.

Second, what the fuck is this?
How does a Town game support your suspicion against me?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”